Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Silverleaf Highschool, a school for Elves (Interest Check)

Greetings from the creative mind of Zero_Raider1

Zero for short, or Raider if you prefer, I don't mind :3

If I could have your undivided attention, I would like to make an interest check to see how many people would enjoy the idea of a group RP set in highschool, with the race being excluded to...that right, ELVES. Not just one particular kind of elf, I'm talking about every kind their is. That's right, High elves, Dark elves, Wood Elves, even Drow for the evilest of vile. Anything goes, so long as it's in elf in half a since. you heard me, any half breed is fine, so long as he/she is half elf.

So how bout it. Does this sound interesting?

Yes it does, so just to clarify, what sort of fae folk could be classified as elf? I've seen fairies classified as wood elves and vice versa, or is it for generic "between 4-7 feet, pointy ears, no wings, almost human in appearance besides their beauty and ears."

Glad you ask(should of sorted that out in my first post.). I'm generally focusing on elven folk around the sizes of 4-7 and humanoid looking.

Well, an avariel is an elf. Though, in a high shool setting, I think maybe that they wouldn't have grown into the full use of their wings. It something I did when I had a campaign of elves that were pre-adult. I had to try and balance some of them a little and that was what I did.

And I would be interested, btw. ;)

A drow would be fun to play. But when I have play one in the past their semi-evil.

This sounds oddly amusing, and interesting.

Three words for ya folks: drow...drama...queen. (not that I'd play one, just saying.)

Misha: I can accept Avariel into the list of race's attending. As long as it's classified as an Elf by genetic's then it's allowed, as long as it's the 4-7 feet variety.

dKitty: Drow's are evil by nature. They think of themselves higher then the rest of their elven cousins and pack enough destructive magic to back their pride.

Palaios: I've RP'ed with a Drow who acted like a Drama queen before. I'll rephrase it in words that everyone can understand, based on my experiance. Ready?
Queen Bitch of the School.
I might have the wrong impression though however, I'd strongly recommend someone to play that type xD

dramamine: Knock yourself out, but if you come up with a term in which to call the suggested elvf races by, please share.

Zero_Raider1 said:
dramamine: Knock yourself out, but if you come up with a term in which to call the suggested elf races by, please share.

Gray Elf

Taller and grander in physical appearance than others of their race, gray elves have a reputation for being aloof and arrogant (even by elven standards). They have either silver hair and amber eyes or pale golden hair and violet eyes. They prefer clothing of white, silver, yellow, or gold, with cloaks of deep blue or purple.

Wild Elf

Wild elves are barbaric and tribal. Wild elves’ hair color ranges from black to light brown, lightening to silvery white with age. They dress in simple clothing of animal skins and basic plant weaves.

The names I gave were for different kinds of elves found in Dungeons & Dragons. I included their brief descriptions above. I would probably play the Gray elf as a talk, awkward bookworm who views his peers as inferiors when it comes to inteligence, but is a total nerd otherwise. For the Wild elf, I would probably play him as a stoner slacker with a bit of a temper who loves hunting in his off time and general mischief. Does that help any? :D

dramamine213 said:
Gray Elf

Taller and grander in physical appearance than others of their race, gray elves have a reputation for being aloof and arrogant (even by elven standards). They have either silver hair and amber eyes or pale golden hair and violet eyes. They prefer clothing of white, silver, yellow, or gold, with cloaks of deep blue or purple.

Wild Elf

Wild elves are barbaric and tribal. Wild elves’ hair color ranges from black to light brown, lightening to silvery white with age. They dress in simple clothing of animal skins and basic plant weaves.

The names I gave were for different kinds of elves found in Dungeons & Dragons. I included their brief descriptions above. I would probably play the Gray elf as a talk, awkward bookworm who views his peers as inferiors when it comes to inteligence, but is a total nerd otherwise. For the Wild elf, I would probably play him as a stoner slacker with a bit of a temper who loves hunting in his off time and general mischief. Does that help any? :D

Aside from the descriptions at the end (which just cover how they'd fit into a modern high school setting anywho, so moving on...), your definition of Gray Elves reminds e of High Elves, or possibly even Eladrin depending on who you talk to. The Wild Elves remind me of...Wild Elves. XD Or maybe Wood Elves. Alas, dear semantics. We knew the well...

Zero_Raider1 said:
Palaios: I've RP'ed with a Drow who acted like a Drama queen before. I'll rephrase it in words that everyone can understand, based on my experiance. Ready?
Queen Bitch of the School.
I might have the wrong impression though however, I'd strongly recommend someone to play that type xD

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. XD

Yes, Gray Elves and High Elves sound a lot alike.

High Elves are the elves described in the MM (and are what are considered the elved in the PHB) in 3.x as such:

Elves average 5 feet tall and typically weigh just over 100 pounds. They live on fruits and grains, though they occasionally hunt for fresh meat. Elves prefer colorful clothes, usually with a green-and-gray cloak that blends well with the colors of the forest.

Wood Elf

Their hair color ranges from yellow to a coppery red, and they are more muscular than other elves. Their clothing is in dark shades of green and earth tones to better blend in with their natural surroundings.

In the Races of Faerun, they break them down and describe them in much better detail, but I really don't feel like typing all of it out. They all are quite diferent once you read up on them and read into their cultures, they just have some of the races look similar for whatever reason. :D

I'm sorry I rambled about. I've just read too many D&D books. XD

I'd be interested. Question, though. Aside from the elves, would there be any other fantasy elements involved in this?

Yes, the grey and wild elves sound similar to high and wood elves (respectively/other then physical appearances), though I can identifie a few differences between the two. On the other hand, I think people here would enjoy a wood elf more cause their are very athletic, more in tune with nature, and potential have a powerful affinity to befriending animals over wild elves, who simply sound like a barbarian class for elves.

As for grey elves and High elves(other then physical appearances), the only differences I see between them is that a grey elf is more open about stating his superiority over a lesser individual, while a High elf is far to nice to say such thinks directly or indirectly.

RelentlessImp: Yes, there will be a strong use of Magic involved, because elve's are strongly connected to magic of various forms(depending on race, High elves and Drow are gifted in destructive magics, for example). Another element would be taking on a companion in the form of either a familiar (Fairy, imp, ect.) or a pet (wolf, dragon welp, ect).

If I'm going to to get this RP going, I'm gonna need a list of activities to be done on campus, schooling, sports, elctive activities, anything. I might enlist teacher's, but it migh constrict the RP because that would require someone to be in an active enough position based on how the RP progresses. If having people RP as teacher's become troublesome, then I'll simply make announcements of when specific classes are in session. Any who attends these classes, regardless of wether a person is actually rping the teacher or not, while be "Allowed" to utilize what they learned in everyday activities. I'll need to make a list of this somewhere, perhaps on the first post. Maybe even convert this and keep the list here. This'll add an RPG element to the RP and hopefully create a more clear and unique air around everyone's characters.

Back
Top Bottom