Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Naughtified D&D? Rules for Armour/Clothing damage

Ok first post, and its probably little weird ... couldn't really find a better place that might cater to the question so forgive me if this sounds dumb.

So I've been considering a running D&D game (or similar system) heavily influenced by ecchi sources, in the vain of Queen's Blade and such where combat revolves less around injuries as much as pieces of armour breaking off, clothing sliced free and such as that ... usually the fighters don't have many injuries at all and sort of come off as 'exhausted' when beaten.

So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or new of something that just determines 'whoops, the strap of your loin cloth is slashed free and begins to head towards your ankles' so to speak ... I know one could wing it, but I just find the idea of random stripping fun.

I have a friend that runs a lot of adult DND games I will check and see if he has anything he uses for you :)

You could do a HP threshold system. At certain points of a player's HP going down, you can have the player roll a d20. If they roll below a certain number, they can roll a d12 which will determine which bit of clothing falls off. Perhaps have the damage as the DC for the d20 roll? I don't know. Hope this helps!

There is a simple method which can be extrapolated from a popular house rule called Shields Shall Be Splintered.

Pretty much the idea is that you can avoid taking damage by letting your shield be destroyed. Just apply the same reasoning to pieces of armour and clothing.

Hmmm... Well if it were me then I would do something like the old mech fighting games where each piece of armor has its own durability. Rather than a full set of armor giving one small buff, I would say each piece of the armor set gives its own buff to AC. Successful attacks would wound a character as normal and would deal HP damage or in this case exhaustion damage. However, a non successful attack if within a certain range would deal durability damage to a characters armor. Once the durability reaches zero, the armor 'breaks' in some form, whether that is literal breaking, being torn off, or just slipping would be up to you the DM.

Generally I would agree with nihilistic but another possible option is to categorize different attacks. Armor durability can be applied more precisely then For example someone trying to chop your head off isn't going to cut through your loincloth isn't he?

Except D&D has an abstract combat system so you don't need to even really worry about that. It is up to the DM to narrate how an attack connects; unless you have a called shot mechanic in which case that would supersede the base system.

Back
Top Bottom