Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Neko & Master: Neko Academy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrywitch

Super-Earth

Neko Academy: A place where nekos and humans can study and learn together, live and eat together, in equal harmony.

At least, that's what they say.

The school is built on a large green field, the building itself three stories of beautiful white brick walls and marble floors. Cherry blossom trees line the pathway to the school and encircle the main common in the center cut-out of the building where everyone goes to relax and eat lunch together. The education is one of the best in the area, and all the teachers have good degrees. The only fault in this magnificent school is their motto: "Where Nekos and Humans can live harmoniously." Sure, the humans have an easy time here at the Neko Academy, but the nekos are forced to be partnered with them in order to receive the same treatment, and must never leave their side. Some of the 'masters' are kind, some cruel, and some in between but all nekos are either bound or crushed by the heavy fines given to those who aren't attached to a human. The collars around their necks might as well be nooses to some of these nekos, but others enjoy being taken care of. It's really a matter of personality, really.

(IC starts here)
Elian was one such of these nekos who despised the idea of being kept at a human's side. He vouched to pay the heavy cost of the dorm in exchange for his education and freedom of being some fool's pet. Currently, the light haired boy sat on a bench in the commons, tail curled around him as his laptop balanced on his knees. He was focused on a new code he had to develop, a source of income to pay off said fees, and seemed more out of it than usual. His fluffy ears twitched atop his head, he taking a quick drink out of his can of coffee he had bought from the vending machine, extra cream and no sugar. Elian didn't pay attention as kids began to pile into the school, some new and some from previous years. He wasn't the social type, anyways...

Mizuki sighed as she had finally made it through the gates seeing it was a long walk, carrying a dark blue messenger bag as well as a long dark brown wooden katana. Luckily now for today he didn't have any morning practices though today was for after school so she was unlike other people going to be staying a little later than her usual time of leaving school. As her dark purple hair glowed bright in the sun, it's long flowing strands trailing behind her she found a bench on the left side of school under a pair of trees, walking over and sitting down to wait and rest a bit.

Yumaki sighed nervously hoing her black colored backpack on one shoulder as she kept her hands hidden under the jacket sleeves, one of her arms up and the end of sleeve inside of her mouth. It was a natural habit to bite her sleeve whe she was nervous of course being actually a new one here. She had been good staying around for a little while seeing that she was able to buy two months of living without an owner though eventually of course she had to find something to do and with having to talk to someone for a job just wasn't what she wanted to do. The worst thing was to find a master who was nice and caring for her to stay with him, but given her personality as a person that was the only good option. She idly looked down as she walked through thinking about all the things that would happen having a master, and what he would be like. Would they scare her? Would she able to trust her master even if they were nice to her? She just didn't know the answers and were very scared to find out.

Taro Yamada was in fine spirits. He filed into the school with the crowd looking about. He heard there was a rumor of an unclaimed kitten around in need of a master. Then Taro saw not one, but TWO nekos!

The first was Elian Reeve, the sexy strong willed cat boy. He had rejected every master so far and tried to stand on his own two feet. It seems Elian was engrossed in a computer program and ignoring everyone. Including the group of female students sizing him up for a collar.

Second was Yumaki, the sweet cat girl. Taro knew nothing about her. But after five minutes of seeing her, he had the urge to take care of her. The kind of girl you want to move mountains for to see her smile. This was going to be a tough choice.

Elian would feel the odd piece of leather and metal fasten around his neck as Taro collared him from behind. Taro leaned in and said in Elian's ear,"Looks like you are coming home with me tonight stud. It was either that or one of those school girls. I got a feeling you like boys." Taro's hand started to trace down Elian's back towards the tail as he spoke.

The light haired male shot up, touching the collar with wide eyes. No way... How did I not hear him?! Elian turned furiously on the human, yellow eyes dancing in anger. "What?" He hissed, poison dripping off every syllable. "How the hell do you know what I like? And there's no way I'm going anywhere—" As he began to pull on the collar, the boy paused. A neko who removes their own collar is expelled... He was trapped. The cat hissed, boiling with rage, ears pinned back and tail lashing. He couldn't believe after all that time, he actually became bound.

Elian's shoulders were raised in a typical cat way, glaring at Taro. These kinda of masters always gave a first order, Elian had seen it before. The neko just wondered what the hell he wanted from him.

Methodically, Colby Mayfield continued his walk down the crowded corridor. Even with the wave of students pouring out and around him, he managed to walk at his own pace as though he were the center and defining individual of the crowd. His clothes, always dark and very formal, often included numerous trinkets or lengthy fabric trails like the end of his ties. Much like his enchanted white hair, these trinkets and trails of fabric dance about around him with each step. He was nearing that line where he shouldn't be growing much more vertically, and yet he was taller than most of the males of his class, which didn't help his overwhelming and handsome regal features. These features captured his bored, unsatisfied, yet competent look that involved a stunning lack of effort to produce.

As his course drifted from the center of the hall, he grew closer and closer to a pack of younger students, neko and alike. A few of the underclassmen women turning to face him, starstruck as if he was going to stop and talk to them any second. Of course they would be visibly disgruntled or disappointed when he passes them by without a look or pause. There, at the end of his journey, stood an impossibly cute little neko. A more ordinary, non-expressionate look seized his features as his eyes scanned her own. "Yu.. Maki?" He could have been wrong, obviously uncomfortable with the fact that he was unsure of her name, he gave her a softer look. His slender, ghostly, soft hand had raised to reveal a collar of luxury. "I only need one. I want you." He was clearly not this quiet in private, but he had a distaste for the average rodent and monkey runnning around them as he was trying to convince his chosen Neko to accept her fate.

The girl suddenly stopped as her thought stopped her body from moving altogether, her sleeve still being chewed inside of mouth with a still nervous look on her face though one of pure innocence and bristly to others. Her eyes going wide as she heard a voice call her name snapping out of it her trance like slowly to turn and see a young handsome boy before her holding a shining collar. She took a step back nervously though not scared of him of yet. " "y-y-yes that's me..." Suddenly her whole body froze like a statue and her face burned up entirely with blush like a cherry, " m-me?" She shuddered a bit for a moment closing her eyes to think, the boy was something she had hoped for, but could she trust him?! Man...she had to make a choice now or else she was doomed!! " go...ahead..." Her ears flopped down a bit though inside she was a bit happier coming to a new master now than alone. Moving her hair away from her neck and cheek the girl leaned forward a bit so he could put it on.

For the splitest of seconds, the corner of his lips curled upwards. Colby had a sincere look in his eyes, the slightest bit of glee that was for no one else than his darling little Yumaki now. As she moved her hair, he slowly and gracefully guided the collar across her soft little throat and the back of her neck before fastening it. There wasn't a pinpoint moment of discomfort to be had as the collar was expensive and every penny of it's price was geared toward luxury and perfection. She belonged to him now, and he felt such a rush lf happiness at his core. Such a cute and sincere little neko was all he ever needed. Now the most wonderful combo was all his own. Where his wealth came from was rarely known, but Colby certainly made sure that the collar was nothing short of a pleasure to wear. He grew close to her and snuck a finger under her collar, hooking it and keeping her face near to his own. "Let's take our school things back to our room Yu~ I have plenty of things to show you and such precious little time." He played, now guiding her out to his fabulous campus room.

She looked away with a blush as he slowly slipped the collar on her. Somehow she felt embarrassed not liking much the idea of having a master but society didn't work like that and the school seemed not to really like her kind especially with such an expensive way to live without a master at first of course. She raised her arm up again as she bit her sleeve again, feeling an almost never ending wave of nervousness around him just with the fact of course she just met him. Looking back at him her face was completely red from the closeness. Yumaki looked around awkwardly for a moment as he started now to lead her away from the gate toward his own place. Hopefully her sister wouldn't be too worried she was gone for now, " h-hold on!" She pleaded to him for a monent, " I...I don't want to leave her alone...my sister is there yet but she should come soon...I hope she wasn't too mad I left early before she did..."

Amelia's ears twitched as she stood at the coffee machine trying to make it accept her coins. She cursed under her breath as she fidgeted with the machine finally getting two cups of coffee, one for her and one for Yumaki. Amelia thought to herself trying to figure out why the two of them even came to this school. Sure the brochures and ads said it was a welcoming place for her kind but the extra fees and whole 'master' thing rubbed her the wrong way. Amelia sighed to herself knowing her and Yumaki would have to buget carefully if they wanted to get through the year.

Amelia turned the corner heading to the gate to meet with Yumaki just as some man wrapping a collar around her sister's neck. Amelia felt heavy as her ears dipped and there was a bitter taste on her lips, not caused by the terrible coffee. Amelia pushed those feelings aside and forced herself forth to her sister.

"Here you go Yumaki." Amelia handing her sister the cup of coffee. Amelia was staring daggers at Colby then asked. "Who is this?"

She laid her hands down on her lap in front of her looking down with a sigh as she waited for her sister. Yuma was the most worried for her sister and only one she cared about the most beside a few friends she had before going to this school looking up to hear the familiar voice seeing it was her sister. " o-oh..thank you very much..." she gave her sister a smile as she leaned into to give her a small hug with her free arm, blowing through the small hole on the top to cook he coffee. " oh! u-ummm..." she knew just how protective even she could be especially with how things were going on with the school rules against people like her. " th-this is..." suddenly her eyes went wide just as she realized he didn't even introduce himself and she was willing to put the collar on just for anyone and the fact she still didn't trust him much at all even when he easily convinced her with a shiny fancy collar with what she had seen before. Slowly she turned and hid behind her sister, Yuma's eyes peering over her shoulder. " h-how did you know who I was? My....name..." Soon she started to back track everything that happened moments ago. " Amelia...I don't like this either but....it's just so hard to pay for that fee..."

Colby wasn't aware of how anxious the nekos really were. He couldn't understand their plight, their stress. Of course there were plenty of timid and weak humans that just want to get through school like anyone else. He stood patiently after Yuma's mention of her sister, now waiting for her sister with her. Though he was bored, it wasn't going to show on his face. Their height difference was quite comical, and it was a fun thought to waste time with. Suddenly, her sister arrived with the coffee and offered one to Yuma. Colby looked away a little, deciding to ignore the rude look from her sister. When Yuma moved behind her sister and said what she did, Colby would finally look to the duo. "Colby Mayfield, I am a student of the highest honors." He began with, not looking away from Yumaki's eyes and this would be a fairly respectful notion. Of course his eyes could wander, but they wouldn't. "I heard your name from others, I took my time and thought it over. Many students here already know my name and while others offered to wear that collar instead, I declined." He didn't speak quickly or annoyingly slow. Colby wouldn't even seem uncomfortable. "I chose Yumaki because I know very little about her and she seemed kind. I know how teenaged boys are. I wouldn't be able to get any sleep if something bad happened-" His eyes drifted to Yuma's sister's own eyes. "To your sister. What kind of man would I be if I had the opportunity to help Yuma and I chose not too?"

She couldn't help but lower her head a bit so her eyes and ears could be seen, she was of coursed not going to show him how much of a blush she had on her cheeks when he complimented her on her personality. To most people even her sister she was the most gentle person around, and to others taken in by her beautiful and innocent appearance, her graceful and movements with an innocent face would make almost anything she did seem cute. Yumaki was never one for physical violence accept the worse case of someone trying to hurt her sister. Wrapping her arms slowly around her she pressed her face a bit into her back keeping her eyes on him as the two talked. yumaki didn't know what to say or do as she decided to observe and of course know what her sister thought about him. It seemed that Amelia was someone better to handle something like this than her.

Amelia didn't take her cat-like eyes off the man as she moved an arm acting as a little Shield between this man and her sister. Amy carefully studied the man taking in every detail about him from his scent to the careful way he spoke. Amelia had a hard time reading him. She was unsure if he was lying or what but when it came to Yuma, Amy rather be careful. With her sister against her back, that only motivated Amy more.

“You claim you want to protect my sister, treat her like the lady she is but, how do I know you aren't just lying like this school. How do I know you're not going to take advantage of her. I've heard stories about my kind being put in such a desperate situation because of this school, they become nothing more than glorified pets and slaves to the people who collar them.” Amelia said. The little neko girl was not physically intimidating but she lacked in size she brought ten fold in passion.

“I don't care how many of my kind fling themselves at you to have your collar, convince me, no convince us.” Amy said gesturing to Yukio as well. “That you deserve my sister. Prove that you are more then those other boys.” Amy said.

Izo was amazed by the academy, it seemed more more grand than he initially envisioned. He had heard the rules on Masters and Nekos, which didnt sit right with him but still was something that intrigued him. The blue haired neko was an only child and didnt know too much of his family so he never had the dominant figure in his life. In turn he was a little shy and wasnt the biggest fan of crowds, he continued to walk whilst avoiding any large groups of people and any of these 'collarings' that appeared to be going on.

He could feel his breathing increase as he passed some humans...expecting at any moment to feel the leather collar snap on his neck and be dragged off. Luckily and for unknown reasons he had found himself coming into a fortune recently which meant he could afford to attend here and live off his own rather than a master. He entered the hallways and begun to look for his assigned room.

His eyes narrowed, Colby wasn't angry or frustrated. The air around him, the look on his face and the like, would lead anyone to read the disappointment of an upperclassman slowly seep from his confident, clean face. "So I offer the collar to your sister-Not force it on her by any means, and you accuse me of the worst case scenario?" His voice lacked the tone of anger or any level of being upset, more concerned or flat dissapointment. "Do you realize how condescending that is? You claim that this school, humans in general, treat your people poorly. I don't run the school and I am not some paper thin representation of humanity in it's entirety." He fully, without a meer hiccup or unnatural pause, laid out his opposition and thoughts on what she had said when she had finished. Colby had intentionally held his tongue until the neko sister had finished speaking, another sign of respect. "Insulting someone, pinning attributes to them, all in the name of their species? Are you aware of how hypocritically prejudice that is?" He was, in the slightest sense of the word, a bit condescending. Every ounce of his dissapointment and voicing of his concern being justified as he did not yell or make threatening body gestures. "And you meet me here today," His voice softens as he looks away from the pair. "Instead of considering that your sister may have agreed to accept the collar herself, you accuse me of being some filthy degenerate. For what? Because I was born a human? Because I dared to reach out and help your sister?" Now he narrowed his eyes more, a hurt but only faintly so, look on his immaculate features. "I'm sorry, Yuma. I don't mean to rip into what your sister has to say. I shouldn't accuse her of such things, she is certainly feeling strongly about my presence in your school career." He raised his hand, palm flat up, between him and the duo. "I know it is against the rules for a neko to remove their own collar, but... If your sister feels this strongly, perhaps it is best that I give that collar to someone else. I wanted to give you an escape from the very problems your sister suggested, a protection against any pervert who might wish to force a collar around your throat. It was wrong of me to assume that you weren't okay without it. Please, hand me back that collar if you so wish too." He didn't like saying it, a small sadness budding in his chest and escaping into his voice. It was clear, even if he didn't intend to make it so, that he didn't want give Yumaki up to the filthy common student here. He was a bit prideful, but he knew they'd make a good pair. He couldn't look directly at Yumaki as he fought the urge to blurt out a rejection of his previous offer and just run away. She really was that ideal, so kind and smart. But he couldn't be so selfish.

Her eyes couldn't help but widen a bit, she had to admit it herself that Amelia could go a little too far with her temper but she knew that it was because they were both scared for each other. Yumaki was scared of her sister not being able to learn from the mistakes she had made sometimes with things and not growing up to be stronger and more independent than her. On the other hand her younger sister was scared that yumaki wouldn't be able to teach her things that could help her in life...couldn't give her a place to start in order to find out to accomplish her dreams....the girl was spacing out a bit thinking about all the things they've been through before really starting life in this changed school and society.

As he mentioned giving back the collar she snapped out of it, soft eyes going to him as she wrapped a finger around it letting both their words sink in. Again she thought deeply with one hand being her sister rightfully didn't trust any human that deserved to have her as their companion, there were too many things that could change someone who seemed calm into someone who was just a total creep once they were alone and falsely accepted by the girl. And on the other hand there was this humans promise to run away from the very thing they were both afraid of, it would help them more importantly that they could stay in the school and live a little more comfortably. " I...." she started, " Amelia..." she turned her around hugging her tight, " as someone who has to look after you...as your friend and as your sister....ill do whatever it takes to make sure your taken care of. I don't want anything less for you and I won't give anything less for you...this will help both of us and since it will I'll happily accept this fate..." she leaned up to kiss her forehead keeping her lips pressed as she slowly pulled away leaving an arm wrapped around her sister, turning back to the boy.

" if...you are truthful and your sure to keep your promise..." she held onto to the collar with her hand, " I'll accept my fate..." yumaki slowly dropped her arm keeping the collar on with a small smile knowing that she felt in her heart she made the right choice not just for either her or him but most importantly for Amelia.

Amelia was a ball of passion. She listened to the words the man spouted off. Amelia had never had a good experience with humans. As Colby spoke as if he was the victim. He was blaming her for intolerance. It was the humans who had to wear collars, it wasn't them that had to pay fees for being uncollared. Amelia's claws dug into her palm as she clenched her fists. Amelia was ready to explode on this man however, Yumaki's voice came cutting through.

Amelia's ears dropped and her tail sank as her sister spoke. Amelia looked into Yumaki's eyes feeling them tearing up a bit and her heart sank as Yuka kissed her forehead. Amelia was shaking a little feeling her sister peel away from her joining the human. A look of devastation was left on the young neko’s face. Amy wiped tears that had started to flow down her cheeks.

Amy darted off quickly and quietly leaving Yumaki and Colby. Amy desperately looked for an empty bench far away from people, human and neko alike. Amy finally found a bench under a lone cherry blossom. Amy fell into it with her head in her hands as she started to sob. Amy was a strong and protective cat around Yumaki. Amy relied on Yumaki more than most would believe. Without Yumaki, Amy was just a scared little girl. Without Yumaki, Amy felt weak and small. Without Yumaki, Amy was alone.

Soon she watched the young girl suddenly slip away from her...her eyes wide open with shock as she stood there watching her suddenly go...soon she fell to her knees as she eventually disappeared. She felt totally lost and hurt not understanding for the moment...then it hit her, " Amelia....why?" Yuma's lips started to tremble trying to keep her feelings inside away from him, she was worried and scared about being collared up like this one day but decisions had to made even when they were hard. But she made those decisions to help both of them, not think that she had abandoned Amelia.

Growing up she remembered that most of the time Amelia was the one who acted like the stronger older sister always going in to protect her from people.... "I don't care about me!! I care about you more than anything!!" She said almost yelling it out for almost everyone outside around the campus could hear her. Already she felt the guilt and pain that she didn't seem to do enough to protect her. Maybe...she was too young to understand the hardest choices to make. She had already seen that she wouldn't be able to pay for another month....thing had already started to go wrong and as the big sister she had to react in a fast but also the hardest way possible. " you don't understand how much harder it is to smile....how hard it was for me to give you something that another neko would have been happy about taking..." the girl had already started beating herself up for her failure as an older sis...as a friend...as her sisters open and dreams... she stood up holding onto the collar, " I won't go without my sister..." slowly she turned started to run off where she saw her disappear to though not knowing exactly where she was. " if your gonna hate someone...hate me then..I'd rather hear you say how stupid and weak I am and I'm the worst sister ever...I'd rather hear you say that...while...I'm holding you in my arms...while I tell you how much I love more than anything in the world..." she called out still trying to find her.

Colby didn't want to just watch as Amelia ran off. He swore that what she did was rude, but he didn't hate her for it, he would far more wish that the two sisters could just understand each other. And then he listened to Yuma and his heart would begin to crinkle. The sisters both managed to make him regret something he said. While at first, he felt his heart so very heavy, Colby couldn't let the sisters run off on their own any asshole with a collar could just put Amelia in a far far far worse situation. With a silent swallowing of his pride, he kept up with Yuma and stood behind her as she made her away around, calling out. "Yumaki." He spoke faintly, softly.

With a hand on her little shoulder, Colby tried to make her pause for just a second from all of her yelling. "We're bound now. I won't let you look for your sister alone. You look for her on this end and I'll try to find her in the opposite direction." He sounded normal again, but confident and sportsy this time. "I know you wouldn't let me look for my younger brother alone. Trust me with this." He let that be the last of his words before his big strong body took off to the other side of the school. His big strong body spreading around the building and he looked closely to every neko he saw, so far no luck.

Amelia wiped the tears away as she thought quietly to herself. She watched as a small songbird perched itself on the bench next to her. “Hey birdie, why do sisters have to be the worst. I know Yumaki means the best and just wants what's best for me… but I still hate her…. No I don't hate her. It's just this school, these rules… I hate them. I hate that Yumaki has to wear that collar… I'm scared that I will have to wear one.” Amy said talking out loud as she decompressed. “I know I've been a little rotten… okay, a lot rotten. My temper and emotions always get the better of me. I'm sure there are nice humans out there. Mr. Nekos-fling-themselves-at-me could be a nice guy.”

Amelia’s tail waved softly as she stared to feel a little better talking out loud even if it was to a bird. “thanks Mr. Birdie for listening to a confused cat like me.”

She sighed after trying to find her, now she wasn't even sad, just a little pissed off now...especially with the idea that someone might have taken her or do something....realizing this she now became super frustrated..." god dammit...Amelia why do you have to be such a hard head...now I know how mom and dad feel when the took care of us now..." she continued walking around looking for her, " Amelia!! Come on don't be like that!!!" Yumaki continued to walk around with bit her hands clenched into fists...

Kiba stretched a bit finally making his way finally to the school gate, it was a very weird school to be in considering there wasn't just humans but girls and guys with ears and tails of cats but he wouldn't judge and he wasn't a guy to be like that anyway. He sighed as he walked from one end to the campus hoping to reach the middle in as little time as he could looking over at everyone on either side of him but otherwise ignoring everything and just walking through where he could sit and relax.

Izos ears twitched as he heard someone crying, sounded like someone was running off so he tracked it, heck he had all day to search for his room. He moved through the crowds whilst avoiding eye contact and constantly thinking 'If I dont look at them then they can't see me' a rather odd thought but it provided little comfort. The amount of students became less as he saw the exit of the building into the quiet garden, there was a neko sitting and appearing to talk to herself...with white ears and tail just like him.

He didnt listen to it which wouldve been rude but she seemed to somehow perk herself up. At the same time he had discovered a nice quiet area to read, write or even draw. Without making much noise he slowly moved onto one of the benches...just taking a moment to enjoy the beauty of this place before he opened a purple and gold book to read.

Amelia took a few deep breaths as she looked around the beautiful garden she had found. She was too single minded to take in the beautiful when she first came to the garden, instead drawn to it because of the quiet and isolation. Now that Amy had a chance to take in the sights and scents she found it tranquil and calming, really good for emotional meltdowns. Amy noticed a fellow neko on a few benches down that had probably witnessed her talking to herself, or ‘thinking out loud’ as she liked to call it.

Amelia stood up and started to walk back to find Yumaki and apologize, or at least try to. Amy walked by the other white eared neko and gave a shy smile. “umm… thanks for not judging and uhhhh… like your ears.” Amy ungracefully spoke out giving a slight bow of shame to the boy before starting to walking off.

Finally it was no use...sanding there again with her head and ears down all she could feel was despair and worryness. She didn't care if her sister never said another " I love you" to her ever again she would just be glad that she found her again and hopefully already without an owner. Her lip quivered a bit again as she tried to hold back tears as it failed with two streams of tears running from either side of her face, trying to wipe it off fast so know one would know she was crying. With that she sat down on a bench with a hand under her chin wondering again what to do.

Amelia followed her nose as she walked through the garden taking in the beauty of it. Amy spotted ahead of her Yumaki and walked over and sat beside her. Amelia hung her head in shame and her ears were down. Amy felt the I'm sorry on the tip of her tongue but she was having a hard time letting it escape her lips. Amelia just stayed quiet and let her sister have the first word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom