Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ear worms

Rudolph Quin

Mistaken for some sort of scoundrel
Withdrawn
"Ba-ba-ba-bird bird bird, bird is the word!"

1b6e66ca-2a64-4ec0-856d-e995fd2c8b71.jpg

You know those songs that you just can't get out of your head? You listen to them once and days later, you're still singing the tune to yourself, caught in a trap of musical repetition, whether you want to or not. Sometimes, it's not even a song you like but suddenly, you are held captive by its spell until you're freed by the next song that shakes it from its throne. Well, this thread is for those who want to inflict their pain or joy onto others, telling us about those songs which will keep us humming and tapping our feet to the beat, long after it's stopped playing.

Welcome to, Ear Worms Anonymous©! Not to be confused with Ear Worms Culture Club©, who actually deal with the condition of having worms in your physical ears.

Just one rule, be courteous to others, if you're going to post videos please make them LINKS ONLY. I know that's a fun forum feature, but having lots of youtube videos right in the thread makes the thread difficult to load. Thank you! :rose:

Hi, my name is Dolph. I'll start us off with Metric's "Help! I'm Alive" Going on 2 days now. Listening to other songs but nothing has shaken it loose yet.

Grimes "California." The more pop sound keeps going through my head. ^.^

-laughs- Rudolph I swear the title of this thread I seriously could not fathom what you meant by it until I actually dared to click on it! XD In one sense I suppose I could call this title of this thread 'click bait' but in the sense of sheer, overpowering curiosity not the sexual kind.

Fyi-that picture of Peter from Family Guy had me cracking up the instant I saw it. Thank you, I really needed the laugh XD

PS- -shivers- internal parasites are one of the few things I simply cannot stand. I always attributed "ear worms" to the Yerks from Animorphs. Disgusting alien slugs that crawl into your brain through your ear and take over your body. I thought "ear worms" were just a nightmarish creation...I know there is such a thing as "ear mites" which animals can get. Never thought there was a variety preferring to infect humans....nature is wonderful but disgusting sometimes.

Hmmm "ear worms" in relation to songs being lodged in one's mind has a MUCH better connotation to it then actual living parasites! Granted "music ear worms" are still a variety of "parasite." XD

Alright getting back on topic then....

Anyone here remember the grand old "Pinky and the Brain" cartoon? Out of literally no where I had the theme song bouncing around in my noggin' earlier today. I haven't the slightest clue what promoted it to start playing in my head, I was doing laundry at the time and no where near the computer, tv or other device. Needless to say it was actually amusing.

Elpheia said:
I have the Thomas the tank engine theme mixed with a song called don't copy that floppy stuck in my head, and I wish it was something else.

It won't stop. playing.

-clicks on the link because the power of curiosity is far too strong-

GAHHH!!!! -keels over-

I feel your pain Elpheia! -immediately attempts to remove the song from her brain-

----

Welp....only thing which succeeded in erasing that was perhaps something just as bad. :/

Now I've got "Smoke Weed Every Day" stuck playing in my head....-facepalms-

Those children's songs or songs from kid's shows sure are catchy! X3

Stuck in my head the past few days: Björk "Who is it?" I like the song and all but I wish it would go already. Listening to other things and I still find myself singing the lines, "He demaaaands a closeness..." occasionally. Ugh! Get out! >,<

Ugghhhh! XP

They keep the same station on the radio at work....the weekends are okay with it as the station will play things at random which is great for variety. But during the week they have a set play list for every damn day and it never changes! At least is hasn't changed in the past month. O-o needless to say there is a whole slew of songs stuck in my brain from the week shift....they really need to stop.

"Jessy's Girl" needs to stop
"Hey Little Sister" should take a hike
"If you like Pina-colatas" is drowning
"We are the champions" has grown so old

there are too many to list XP

Could somebody help me identify these songs? These are from a playlist of instrumental songs for sleeping. The titles are also thus, but I cannot find the lyrics. So far I can find the songs "Annie's Song" and the famous "Red River Valley" which are also part of the playlist, but these two are difficult.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KBHsiXCVK7s
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuE7w-nGdmc

Back
Top Bottom