Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Magic the Gathering

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
I know there are a few fans of MTG on here, so I thought I would let people know about Tabletop Simulator, and how you can use this program to play Magic online, without the recurring costs and other drawbacks of MTGO. Currently Tabletop Simulator is on sale on Steam for $10, which I consider to be one hell of a steal. On top of being able to play MTG, you can play a wide variety of board and card games, like Cards against Humanity.

I am always looking for new people to play with, so if anyone wants my Steam ID, send a pm my way.

Alright, so, here's what you need to make a custom Magic the Gathering deck for Table Top Simulator.

You'll need the following:
ShareX (This is for uploading deck images so they're not terrible and low quality)
http://itszn.com/ (For making the images for your deck)

Step One:
Make your deck by searching for and adding your cards to the ITSZN deck manager.

Step Two:
Download the HD images to your computer. Yes, using the imgur links that they provide would be easier, but they're also lower quality and will look really terrible.

Step Three:
Upload your images to imgur using ShareX.

Step Four:
Load your custom deck to Tabletop Simulator and save it to your chest. ITSZN provides a high quality cardback image.

Step Five:
????

Step Six:
PROFIT!

I adore Tabletop Simulator. I've really got to sit down sometime soon and build myself some EDH decks on there. It's the only format I play. I should reconstruct my decks in TTS. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Love MTG. Currently building a new deck I plan on purchasing.
Gonna try to go for a good Red Green and White deck with Godsire.

Melevolence said:
I just wish the Duels of the Planeswalker games weren't so lack luster.

I like the Duels games and have never missed one, but after the clusterfuck that was Magic Duels and them no longer supporting it in favor of Magic Digital Next (Who even knows when that's coming out), I'm done supporting Wizards of the Coast, because that really pissed me off.

I played it wa little while while I was in school. I liked it. I should really pick it up again.

I have been playing MTG for a couple of years now. Have enjoyed the game so far. i play MTGO and I go to the store every Friday for FNM. Have you guys heard about Arena? A new dueal type game that is meant to bridge Duels and MTGO together. Have been playing the Beta and have been so far impressed with it. What's everyone's favourite decks? For Standard I play Ramunap Red and for Modern I play Affinity, though I do enjoy other decks.

apollo247 said:
I have been playing MTG for a couple of years now. Have enjoyed the game so far. i play MTGO and I go to the store every Friday for FNM. Have you guys heard about Arena? A new dueal type game that is meant to bridge Duels and MTGO together. Have been playing the Beta and have been so far impressed with it. What's everyone's favourite decks? For Standard I play Ramunap Red and for Modern I play Affinity, though I do enjoy other decks.

We're not supposed to talk about the MTG Arena beta. :p

I've just gotten hooked on MTG, amazing game, feel like it's going to steal many hours and financial stability from my life (a good thing). Thanks for the tip @xanaphia

I know :p Forgive my excitment.

Great Mike! Glad more people are getting into the game. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the game. And yes financial stability is always a problem, (cough MTGO)

I have a Power Cube, in Legacy I play Reanimator and I'm looking to get into Modern with something, not sure yet. I at least have my mana base and the chase cards for the majority of decks covered since I'm one of those MtG investor types.

Definitely, I love playing Cube. I just wish I had a more consistent group of folks to play with. I cycle some cards out if the current set has anything worthwhile, but I also keep some stuff in there for nostalgia's sake.

A buddy of mine wants to make a MtG circuit team for Local tournaments. My coffee table is currently covered in cards, but so far I'm able to build the following out of my collection.

Legacy
U/B and R/B Turbo : Reanimator
Mono Red Burn
Affinity

I think I can build Death & Taxes and Miracles, after I make a play set of everything I'll sell off the rest to pick up some staples I don't have to fill out the rest of my collection. Since my buddy and I were talking I had a morbid thought and decided to weigh my collection, after factoring out the Fat Pack boxes, card box holders and plastic boxes. I found out I have a little over eight five pounds worth of MtG cards.

Which is excessive, I'm going to sell off the bulk and use the extra chase cards to pay for singles and what not.

My buddy is going to cover the Modern Decks, which is fine with me.

CrimsonOne said:
Love MTG. Currently building a new deck I plan on purchasing.
Gonna try to go for a good Red Green and White deck with Godsire.

I played Godsire in my Uril, the Miststalker deck.

Back
Top Bottom