Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Weirdness

CutePhoenix

Pulsar
Not sure if this is the right place but it does involve a question so here goes.

I tried getting on a short while ago and the site politely informed me I was banned. Having no idea why and after multiple refreshes I sent an email to the "contact us" link to ask about it. Decided to check here one more time......voila, I'm not banned.

My question is, was it a glitch, an admin mistake or was I banned for a very short period? Only rule I can think of I may have broke is the having too many request thread rule cause I don't delete past ones when making a new one because I tend to go months and months between making them.

Are you on a mobile device at all? If you are, you might have been passing through a public wi-fi signal that has it's IP banned. It's the most common reason something like this happens.

Mobile data, while less common, can still have the same issue. So from what you've described above, don't worry, you were not temp banned, it's just a glitch that occasionally comes up with mobile devices.

IPs, be they one a cell tower spits out or one a home and/or a public place (example, a school, library, etc) generates can be banned because the admin have purposely done so. This happens when we're getting perpetual nonsense from that specific IP. It might mean a spammer or ban evader, etc is causing a particular IP to show up on our radar and we don't want to deal. Ousting the IP can deter the individuals causing us issue.

Back
Top Bottom