Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anime Fandoms in Group Rp

Viktoff Samson

Supernova
For the BMR Veterans: How much of anime fandoms in open/group rp have you seen? What do you think of it?

For everyone: Interested in any anime in open or group rp? What sorts of combinations come to mind and what would your favorite setup be? Feel free to discuss anything related.

For myself, I am super open to starting or joining an anime fandom based open or group rp based in an AU with OC's. Most anything that I've seen would do, I think. Very few cases would I be well-versed enough or interested in playing canon characters. I would love to hear what you think about Naruto/Code Geass/Bleach in AU, OC Open or group roleplay format.

Well, I suppose this could go anywhere or no where. Do feel free to post here on multiple parts of my questions or just one. I welcome any aort of related conversation.

Yes, despite the HUGE amount of anime rp in the 1x1 fandom role plays. I never seen any anime themed group role plays. Pokemon groups are based on the GAMES not the anime as far as I can tell. I seen things based on video games, but not anime. Go figure.

Thank you for telling me that o. O man. I would have never guessed it was so unseen. That just adds to my drive to make it happen even more!!

Side note: Of course they're based on the games xD The pokemon Anime got progressively worse with each season, in a decline as bad as Power Rangers and the like.

I watched Baka and Test like twice, do you think there is anything there to explore in a group Rp?
The battle system is pretty interesting, I wouldn't mind working out a coherent System for it either, even though I'm usually not into Systems. The numbers were always the only consistent thing in the anime. What with the false confidence and humor usually leaving little to admire in tension. So, if you like that Idea and wouldn't mind fleshing out a system with me, we can certainly do that.

I'm not sure what else we have in common, though I am mostly up for anything.

I dont know if it counts if it was off site but back when I started rping I was the admin of a bleach au populated by ocs and I played in some naruto and fullmetal sites, so its definitely possible with groups of people. Not sure if it's different because we're here. My experiences with groups in anime aus has been very positive. Something like bleach does really well since there's no shortage of powerful roles to fill

I do love my bleach...

But, yeah, we were talking about exclusively here.
I have participated in Anime group rp's so many times off this site XD

Stay away from systems when it comes to anime and just go free form. Stay away from combat in anime because it is a head ache. Hmmm shit that limits you a lot though. Sorry.

What's the point of group rp like Naruto and Bleach ... And One Piece, just to name the often most named few, without combat?
You goober.

I mean, most system based rps generally bring already established game worlds and systems into the fold. Things like D&D-esque roleplays using the already established rules and classes etc. So I can understand the headache that might be involved with coming up with a system for something like that. (Though, admittedly, there is a super popular RP System forum for bleach.)

Your concern isn't unfounded, and I note it prominently. I'll heed the advice, especially the Systems section.

In anime combat is a plot device that furthers the story. In a system game it is a challenge and the 'wrong side' can win and it will derail a plot completely. Plus anytime there is any sort of Player vs Player combat on blue moon, it devolves the thread into a cluster fuck.

I've only ever participated in one Anime group RP for High School of the Dead, and it ended horribly. After a couple of posts, one person stopped showing up and it ended up dissolving. The Lack of of group RP's in general is probably due to it getting too complicated.

But in all seriousness; it's hard to find any good anime group RPs, since pretty much group role plays seems to be... well, they're harder to find that is appealing or worth it.

Eldrithe Whisperwind said:
I've only ever participated in one Anime group RP for High School of the Dead, and it ended horribly. After a couple of posts, one person stopped showing up and it ended up dissolving. The Lack of of group RP's in general is probably due to it getting too complicated.
So no wonder people prefer to do 1x1 RPs because... maybe it's easier that way? Now I'm not making any sense.

Back
Top Bottom