Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

|| Amphitheater ||

Status
Not open for further replies.
4561249765dbaa1749726162f07d0ecd.jpg

Amphitheater

Tag: Rupi, Open

Wake up.

The alarm rang off exactly 3 minutes and 28 seconds after she had slipped out of bed and sharply fixed the sheets.

Shower.

Washing her hair out thoroughly and also scrubbing her pristine skin with her favorite mango, orange body scrub; all of which left the doctors hair to shine and her skin to glow.

Teeth.

Brushed without missing a beat, leaving them to glitter a vibrant shade of white.

Facial scrub…

The list continued in the regular order of which the blonde preferred. The only one who’d ever seen her routine had been Miller, and the man had never let her down how OCD she could be. Her morning’s always worked in system alike her apartment, paperwork, work, and life in general. From Zandra’s normal beautifying regimen, was breakfast before she slipped out into the hallway, her 7” stiletto’s clicking on the hard wood to tile as she’d moved out to lock her apartment.

Now the office.

She’d only been in there for a moment long enough to do only half a spin in her large leather chair before she’d checked her emails.

Ugh.

Up and off.

The trip between her office and amphitheater was few and far between – leaving the deathly click of her shoes to ring through the silence. The amphitheater was just as silent – even with the occasional face starting to trickle into the rather bland and uninteresting room, atleast to the blonde doctor. Striding up with a demanding grace, Zandra found herself planting herself pleasantly next to Dr. Vera.

“Good Morning Lovely.” She breathed, her hypnotic blue eyes looking over at the raven haired woman – a friend that Zandra found quite pleasant. “The yearly binder.”

The word’s where followed by the deathly clicking ending her word’s and Rufio’s loud banter behind her. Beautifully toned and thin legs crossed, pale hands resting over one another on top of the blondes knee; her head remaining forward as Candice found herself on the podium before them all.

Yup. Right like always.

But what else could she expect? Miller’s arrival was one of a signature of the evaluations.

The doctor listened, her pinched face emotionless and masking the annoyance that boiled in her chest. She should be scalding her doctors and making progress on either patients or various different thing’s she needed to test, measure and overlook before they could even attempt to be used or breathed towards. None the less – The doctor listened, waiting patiently for Gregor to take his now appointed stand.

Clap.

Now what could he possibly have to say to the staff? The blonde’s head tilted, her thought’s curious yet predicting as per usual.

Name: Helmut Gregor, Jaime Corben
Tag: Open.​

Jaime was up early. Always was. Long habits that he'd never gotten out of. Coffee. Always coffee. Helmut was miserable in the mornings without it. Learning to brew a good up had been one of the first things he'd learned. Specific beans from a specific place, brewed adn treated in only one place, and shipped to him at a reasonable expense, and Helmut Gregor was made just a slight bit more human. And as the assisstant that made the coffee, Jaime got the perks of getting a cup of his own.

He crossed the hall, files under one arm, cup in hand, and tapped the door with his foot. Gregor opened hte door from within, but walked away instantly. Jaime set a cup on the desk in hte room. A moment later Gregor sighed, setting down the now half empty cup.
"Exquisite Dr. Corben. You are aware of the meeting?" Gregor asked.
"Yes. I also have the reports from the scans yesterday." Jaime offered the folders. Gregor held up a hand.
"Later. Give me a synopsis on the way tot he meeting."

The two walked together for the amphitheater. Jaime gave a breakdown of the gravity distortions caused by Jinx, and how incredibly dangerous they could be if they increased beyond a certain degree.
"Obviously we need more testing done." Jaime admit.
"There's a tissue sample in the lab I need you to go over. I started it last night. Here's my findgins thus far. Go over them, and then the sample, note inconsistencies. I'd like your findings within an hour of the conclusion of the meeting. We've a great deal to do today." Jaime nodded. Lab work was good! It was focusing, and it made sense.

Gregor peeled off almost the moment they were in the seats. Jaime knew his task, went first, sat nearest the wall, while Gregor sat a few seats away. As the other staff members entered at their own pace, it gave Helmut a moment to take their measure from a distance.

Most certainly an interesting mixture of people here. Helmut was already splitting them into groups, knowing what sides he had to play in order to manipulate, control, exploit them. He had no fear of any of them. He had the backing of the highest authority here, and he had nothing going that could be used against him. His past was an open book, and the only blights on his records were for the very reasons that he was brought into this place.

Gregor stood when called and began the walk tot he front. His coat was opened, adn the air system favoured him, letting it billow behind him faintly as he smoothly approached the front. He picked out each different placement of notable staffers.

The over-sized fratboy with no standing was almost dismissed entirely, such a brazen admission of his excesses for the approval of other was sickening to Gregor. They were doctors, researchers, they were supposed to be a higher class of person than common street thugs.

The power pair of women near the front made him supress a scowl. Right up front. Front row seats at something like this were for the arrogant that needed accolades, and kiss asses trying to get them. Instinct told him that they were intelligent, and would see through false flattery and companionship. That only left brute force of influence, and he was willing to wield that like a hammer. He stepped to the podium, and looked out at the people there, seeing the disdain in the eyes of some, edges of respect in others. And now it was time to harmonize them into one mass.

"Thank you all for this opportunity. It's rare a chance to work in such a place comes up." He smiled, knowing that the last few things he was going to say were going to have the exact effect that he anticipated. "However, my coming is not a cause for joy to this facility. After all! Why hire someone like myself, unless your facility is suffering under the crippling weight of it's own incompetence." He let those words hang, seeing the ripple of shock coming from many of the minor staffers. "Think on this. This facility cost a billion dollars to build, and has consumed more than that again in it's operation. And in all that time...you have produced precisely nothing of value to the Board. All of you who sit here in your smug state of security the firm belief that you are beyond reproach and touch...you are not. Many of you have passed through reviews without issue before. Know that your world is changing, and no one in this building is irreplaceable. There are always more like yourselves to be found." He smiled. "I look forward to working with you all." He stepped away from the podium, and walked back to his seat.

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Morning Conference
Tags: ALL STAFF, Open

"Such lovely words," Candice cooed as she took the podium back, letting Dr. Gregor return to his seat, seeing more than a few shocked and angry faces, "And such truth to them. Dr. Gregor was hand picked by us at the Board, and he will serve a single purpose here: to get results. While we understand there is a lot of paperwork and obstacles all of you must go through to get try and attain a success, we still find after five years the lack of...competence...staggering. And that is why this year I am here to do reevaluations. Dr. Gregor will have free access to everything and will report," here she turned her gaze directly to Dr. Funer, "to no one but me."

The crowd had fallen into a dead silence once more, but that only suited Candice's purposes more. At least they were listening. She turned to look over at Miller who began to stride towards her.

"But no more about Dr. Gregor for now. Robert Miller has a few words he wishes to say before we wrap up this small meeting. Please no one leave when we are done, as there is a surprise at the end."

She stepped back then, smoothing down her white blouse and stepping over to where Miller had been standing moments before.

full-wentworth-miller-with-hair-1365806430.jpg

"Good morning," Miller greeted, looking rather unhappy to be on stage, "As you know each year I visit for reevaluations, and I'm sure most of you have come to know how they work. For those who are new, we will sit you down one by one and ask you a series of questions, some mandatory, some gathered from our notes on you over the past year. However, since this marks the fifth year of Eternal Peaks, we are doing a more thorough search. We have collected video and recording evidence over the past year that we have found to be...disturbing or highly unprofessional. Please know, even when the Board is not present, we still have a had in all things. Furthermore, we are doing these thorough checks on all staff, not just the doctors, secretaries and a handful of nurses. Every single staff member will be interviewed over the next several days, and that includes new guards and nurses. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination, failure to cooperation will also result in immediate termination. You signed contracts agreeing to both of these when you were hired. We are not here to give out gold stars, or praise your work. We are here to analyse your methods, and reevaluate if each of you are what we want in Eternal Peaks."

He cleared his throat and the Amphitheater doors opened, allowing ten men and women dressed in waiter outfits to stroll in, each pushing a long cart filled with assorted brunch items. Fruit, muffins, sandwiches eggs, sausage, french toast, salads, pancakes...the list went on. One trolley was filled with an assortment of fresh juices.

"Of course, we understand calling a mandatory meeting at 8 am has a negative impact on all of your schedules. While necessary to speak to you all, we felt it was important to also show our gratitude for the work you have put in. Please, help yourselves to the cart, there is plenty more. Our caterers, Divine Delights, were gracious enough to travel here and serve all of you breakfast. Please remain in the amphitheater while you eat, it will allow Candice and myself to move around and visit some of you. Thank you."

He nodded and the crowd applauded, although it was no happy cheering crowd but more of a quiet forced applause. He didn't step away though just yet, waiting till the applause died down to add, "And if I could see Private First Class Jakob Garner at side stage, that would be great. Thank you everyone."

Now he moved from the podium, leaning in to have a quiet word with Candice.

"Why did you call Garner to stage?"

"I wanted to speak to him more of his report on extra housing for security."

"There's more to it than that," she gave him a look, knowing something else was afoot.

"I got a wind of a report this morning when I was picking up the tapes from the main security room that Garner had a night shift and didn't report in at his regular midnight, three am, and six am intervals like he was supposed to. I asked them to look into it further, and I just received a text while Dr. Gregor was speaking that the guards think they found him on security video."

"He abandoned his post? Why are we not prosecuting this?" Candice looked furious, as she should be.

"I am prosecuting it, it is why I asked for him to come up. I wanted to be sure he was not within the crowd before I headed to the security room."

They had been standing beside the stairs for a minute or two now whispering, while plenty had gotten up and helped themselves. But no Private Garner. After another minute or so Candice agreed that she could handle the crowd on her own while Miller saw to it that Jakob was found. While she headed into the crowd, Miller slipped out of the door, hurrying down to the security room on the same floor. The men there looked both happy and terrified of what they found, probably because they knew what it meant.

"Let me see," Miller ordered as they rewinded some taped video.

"This is down in Cell Block C sir. We were checking all cameras and found footage of him stepping into a cell with a new patient, one Tessa Arcadia. She came in on her own accord, and we believe Garner was just doing a routine check up...but it devolved into something else entirely."

The guards and Miller watched as the video played forward at twice the speed, so they wouldn't have to sit through watching them speak. But when clothes began coming off one guard hit play, slowing down the camera so they could see as Private Garner began fucking the patient rather willingly, the two of them going at it.

"Disgusting," Miller spat, "Speed forward."

They did, speeding the video through them finishing and falling asleep until again the tape hit play and returned to normal speed. They were now looking at a live feed, and Jakob Garner was still very much in that cell, and in a lot of trouble. He could see they were waking up, and Miller didn't want to spare time for the Private to try and come up with any lies.

"Thank you gentleman," Miller stated, stepping out. Whipping out his phone he made a call to Dr. Funer, ordering him to send down his best security to Cell Block C before hanging up. With a scowl and and a grunt he slammed his fist on the elevator button, already knowing today would be a long day.

[Departing to Cell Block C. Candice Whitehorn remains in Amphitheater]

Name: Rufio Arellano
Tag: All.

Rufio merely tiled his head in curiosity when the fireworks started to go off. This was certainly an interesting performance to see, being utterly unexpected from how he envisioned this meeting to play out. I assumed Candice would be the one to drop this chiding lecture. Looks like she got a new lapdog. Still, he felt little concern about his job security. The Institution was the party that brought him here in the first place. If they chose to let him go, that was their prerogative. Even with the direct threats from Dr. Gregor, Rufio Arellano still sat with a half-smirk on his lips, secure in both his own confidence and arbitrary perspective towards his work.

Still, it did not hurt to be prepared against the storm that was brewing. Rufio had weathered them before, but the adjustment of personnel to this top tier position did cause a flicker of worry to also set off in his mind. Perhaps he wasn’t safe after all. Perhaps he should take this as a wake-up call. It was a comfy job here. His colleagues for the most part, besides a few annoying crab-apples, were generally like-minded individuals. There was a freedom from ethics that he certainly enjoyed. Where else in the world would he find such opportune employment such as this? Maybe he should review his own state of employment and seek out ways to better it.

When Dr. Gregor completed his speech, Rufio applauded, though he only got three claps in before he realized he was one of the few, if not only, to do so. The others were probably habitual clappers, prone to do so out of a subconscious habit and they quickly corrected themselves. The speech was not anything to inspire pride or applause over. Rufio of course returned the gazes of his colleagues with a shrug. What? It had been amusing to him, so what? Usual Thursday mornings could be dull beyond relief.

Candice soon took the stage, drawing his gaze. Dr. Gregor had unlimited access now it seemed, able to poke his nose in anyone and everyone’s business. Robert Miller was on stage now, another cooperate stooge. Rufio wasn’t concerned about him either. He too had worked diligently this past year, ensuring that there was actually little to no video or audio evidence about most of his check ups. He had that right, under doctor-patient confidentiality. His eyes did flutter over to the snack carts, his mouth beginning to water and his stomach rumbling. If he was on death row, at least the last meal was something to be relished and enjoyed…

Jakob Garner was called up to the stage. Another speech? Rufio could have groaned aloud, exchanging further looks of amusement with his fellow doctors. These people just loved to listen to their own voices it seemed, though not as if Dr. Arellano was any different. The man however did not appear when called, which caused the Directors to move aside to chat quietly. People began to get up to fetch some food and Rufio, deciding there wasn’t anything better to do, joined them for some pancakes and eggs…

Name: Rupinder "Rupi" Vera
Tag: Zandra.

Like any intellectual, Rupi was interested in hearing what a seemingly brilliant mind an individual like Dr. Gregor would bring out. Instead she was quickly disappointed by the three-sixty flip in the man’s demeanor towards them. Loathing, disdainful, and crude as the only thing Rupi felt, losing immediate interest after the first few sentences. The doctor’s threats washed over Rupi. She, who suffered enough degradation at the hands of Hans Funer, did not at all register the man’s hostile and confrontational promises, having heard it all before. She endured listening to enough of the other doctors smugness and condescension, especially that which usually radiated from Dr. Arellano and his little clique of friends. Another addition to their ranks was of little consequence.

This was indeed a waste of time as Rupi had envisioned. They should simply get on with the evaluations and some real work rather than follow up this need to berate them like unruly children. Her gaze dropped to her lap as she took an immense interest in her nails and microscopic threads on her lab coat, picking at them idly as she waited for the man to stop rambling. She even glanced over to Zandra’s lap, actual curious in the fashion selects of another female. As Dr. Gregor wrapped up, she cast another glance towards Zandra, hoping to gauge her reaction to their new colleagues approach to boosting their apparent lack of efficiency. Perhaps she finds it all amusing and agreeable, given her own disdain for her staff.

When he departed the stage, she gazed up again, her desire to get on with the show evident in her expression as she watched Candice and what might come next. The woman reaffirmed the doctor’s words about incompetence then called Miller to the stage, which caused Rupi to take on a brief expression of hope that things might finally get moving here. The sooner they did their evaluations, the sooner she could get back to her work. She utterly ignored the snack carts, not desiring nourishment at this moment though she often did to keep up a humanly appearance. There was a small huff of further annoyance though when Private First Class Garner was called up. More speeches and lectures? Rupi gave Zandra another look, adding a roll of her eyes.

But there was no PFC Garner or any security debriefing. Candice and Robert moved off to the side to discuss something, which seemed strange to Rupi. Instead she reached over to Zandra, touching her wrist gently to get the other woman’s attention. “Tea? Nothing better to do.” She suggested with a shrug, folding her hands back in her lap.

Amphitheater

Tag: Rupi, Open

Blah

Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

Blah.

God, when would this atrocious need for a meeting end? They’re scare tactic was pathetic.

No one scared Zandra, at the end of the day she knew just how valuable she was.

The doctor looked over at the raven haired friend on her right, the woman just as bored as she was.

Yet. At the same time, he had a point.

Her staff was useless.

All.

Useless.

The thought made her blood boil in the most silent of ways. The annoyance was beginning to pinch up on her face – She didn’t need to be lectured on just how stupid her staff was.

On the other hand – Rupi’s nails were very well done. A fresh manicure? Obviously. She couldn’t help but look at her own. The beautifully detailed nails that were once a beautiful shade of blue now in need of being fixed up. Sooner then later would be preferred. She had enough paper work and work in general to do for the next couple of days that it would have to be put off. If she did that though she could make a day of it and go shopping… She did need a new dress. The last one got covered in blood when she needed to test a theory. Shame that was a nice little dress.

Right.

Back on topic.

At least 10 files to go through, various different tests to be performed and I already know 86.7% of these fail with certain individuals. I really need to fire them – out of a cannon. We could skimp them down and simultaneously feed them to the gorgon… She does love her lawn gnomes. Ugh. But she delays my tests. But the main thing is there’s the break in the case towards curing all sight impairments for the general population, I just need to-.

That thought was quickly uprooted, feeling Rupi’s gaze on her – in which Zandra confirmed back, tilting her head in agreeance to the inconvenience of this meeting. Quickly – Miller had taken the stage before the doctor could register back into the topic. She’d been listening and her photographic memory was definitely something she used to her advantage in case’s where her mind wandered back to her work – or other things.

Calling a guard to the stage? Someone’s in trouble. The lack of security needs to be improved anyways – so they’re probably reviewing various things to upgrade the use for them.

Looking back to Rupi, the doctor smiled softly.

“Peppermint would be lovely.” She breathed, looking back at the stage. “Fired or suspended? My vote’s on the guard being suspended.” The blonde asked, curious to see what Dr. Vera thought.

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Conference
Tags: ALL

Candice moved around the group, everyone beginning to filter towards the food. She shook hands and spoke to many, eventually winding up in front of Dr. Cecily and Dr. Vera.

"Good morning girls," Candice spoke cooly, "I hope you both didn't find this meeting too taxing on your schedules."

It was less an apology and more of a bait, seeing if either woman would complain. Candice knew this meeting was a minor annoyance to both woman, although she really could care less. She folded her arms over her chest and looked down at them both with a lukewarm smile, then over to the breakfast bar.

"I won't keep you ladies from grabbing some breakfast. Dr. Cecily, if you wouldn't mind I'd like you to be our first evaluation of the morning, followed by you Dr. Vera. If you could kindly meet me and Robert in the interrogation room down the hall at 9:00 am, that would be wonderful. That gives you-" she checked her gold watch on her wrist, "just over half an hour to eat Zandra. And we will take you right after Dr. Vera. Thank you girls."

She stepped away, spotting Robert returning and hurried over to him.

"Found Garner," Miller looked furious, "I was wondering if you'd like me to speak to him alone or not."

Candice shook her head, "I will come. He can have his reevaluation early. i think we both know what is coming to him."

"Indeed."

The slipped out, walking quickly back down the hall to the small steel door.

[Departing to Cell Block C Offices & Labs]

Amphitheater

Tag: Rupi, Candice

The doctor nodded, acknowledging Candice’s presence as she’d stepped up to the two. The doctor listened to her words, easily catching the edge behind it all.

“It works in well – Just mean’s an extra hour or two tonight which isn’t unusual.” The blonde curtly nodded, her smile forced. It was rare for the woman to smile – the look almost strained versus her usual bitter facial expressions.

“I look forward to our meeting.” The blonde nodded, turning back to the raven haired maiden once Candice had left. “Nice and early. Must be good.” She breathed.

Tag: Zandra, Candice.

“Suspended is my bet.” Rupi remarked back to Zandra, casting a glance of her own towards the stage where Miller and Candice conspired with each other. “Firing him would imply a dangerous security flaw, which they wouldn’t want out no doubt.” She stated to her colleague with a knowing smile. It was all smoke and mirrors with the Board of Directors. Appearances were everything.

They came to the snack table soon after, Rupi letting Zandra raid the food while she collected two cups for tea, peppermint for the young lady, jasmine for herself. Despite how hot the cups were with the steaming tea, Rupi clutched them both firmly as if the heat did not bother her hands in the slightest. She handed the peppermint flavoured tea to Zandra and stood with the other woman, gazing at the other doctors in the room. It wasn’t long however before they were approached by Candice.

Girls. Candice used the term as if she not only outranked the two of them in position, but in worldly stature as well, like she was some experienced woman of the world and they weren’t. Rupi put on the cold face of a psychiatrist, masking her true emotions expertly when in the presence of this woman. It was all she could do to hide the disdain that flickered in her eyes, returned by the woman’s own cool behavior. “Not at all, Ms. Whitehorn.” Rupi replied casually, sipping her tea and not even deigning to give the woman eye contact. She finally did though when her evaluation scheduling was commented. “You’re welcome.” Rupi simply replied with formal politeness when the girl had gone.

She smiled at Zandra’s remarks. It was nice to see the other woman smile. She did have quite a beautiful one too. “Maybe they know not to waste our time with this nonsense.” She replied quietly. “Interrogation room? Sounds scary.” She added sarcastically. “Looks to me like they all want to wade around bragging about who has the bigger prick, while threatening they know how to use it best. Some things never change here.” She commented tiredly to her colleague.

And then he showed up…

Tag: Zandra, Rupinder.

“Ladies.” Rufio greeted, holding a mug of black coffee in both hands as he approached the two Heads, smiling kindly. Well it wasn’t intended for both and certainly not Rupi, who he deemed to be a stickler for rules and a work-centric busybody. She already proved to be immune to his advances, but not Dr. Zandra Cecily. Now there was a mind, and body, to be admired. The young woman was a genius. And though she happened to share Rupi’s disdain work ethic, she also shared Rufio’s contempt for their patients. “It was certainly an interesting speech given by a new colleague, wouldn’t you agree? I look forward to seeing the sort of changes Dr. Gregor brings to Eternal Peaks. How about yourself?”

“I’m sure there’ll be some upheavals to be weathered.” Rupi commented, not deigning to give Rufio eye contact either as she spoke or sipped her tea. She turned towards Zandra, reaching out to brush her elbow in a friendly gesture. “I have some notes to prepare. I’ll see you later today, perhaps.” Rupi bid in farewell to Zandra, before leaning closer to whisper. “Watch yourself in there.” She added, before departing without another word. Rufio stepped into the place left vacant, smiling at the other woman’s retreating back.

“Picked first for the chopping board eh? I’m sure there’s plenty of fat you’d love to cut out of your own department.” He mused to Zandra, offering her a smile.

Gregor looked at the files that were handed to him by Jaime, looking over the records that he'd procured. Jaime was an efficient man, and when Gregor had sent a late night email to him about the proposed schedule of work for today, Jaime had been pulling previous records and information.

Gregor had to admit, some of the work was extensive in a preliminary sort of way. The last few years may have laid the ground work for advances, he wasn't interested in that. It was time to finish the advances. The board wanted to see a return. And now was his time. There were some very interesting choices on subjects, and he'd settled on the one he wanted to start with. Deeper in the facility, there was a fine target, one that he felt he could learn a great deal from.

But it required more than average safety. And that meant getting access to it. And He had little doubt Jaime would be brushed aside. It called for a personal touch. He handed the files back to Jaime, adn stood from his seat, setting off. He knew who he was after.

He approached Zandra, just as Rupi was leaving, and he didn't bother to acknowledge the departing doctor. There were issues there that didn't need addressing. He was aware that he would be somewhat intruding into the conversation between her and Rufio, but he hardly cared. Catching the whiff of the conversation, he smiled at Rufio's words. Changes indeed.

"I'm sure it'll be an educational experience for everyone." Gregor mused as he came into easy hearing range. "But don't worry too much. I'm not here to take over the facility, I'm just here for the science. Speaking of the science, I've quite a few subjects to look in on today. First and foremost of which would be one of yours Ms. Cecily. The..." He checked his files. "...gorgon in Level C. I need to make sure that myself adn teh surgical team don't wind up victims to her. I understand you've developed a way to block her particular talents?"

Amphitheater

Tag: Rupi, Rufio, Gregor

A chuckle left the doctors lips, shaking her head softly.

“Sleeping with a patient I bet. Anything past that would be a breach. He’s one of the few with the entitlement down to Cell Block C.” She spoke, nodding in agreement to Rupi’s words.

Zandra could barely contain the smug joy that built within her chest once the crud woman left them to be. Rupi’s face – one of which the doctor had long studied and gotten to know over the years suggested her distain towards the woman as well.

Well they were once again in the same boat with said circumstances. Peppermint filled her nostrils, earning a soft ‘Hmm’ like noise to buzz in the back of her throat. That was a smell that enticed her, made everything within her come to life. Wide blue eyes looked up at Rupi, analyzing her face – much alike always as the woman handed her the hot cup. The porcelain was warm to the touch – most would say hot, but the doctor was well used to many hot drinks from the years.

“With the amount of hour’s we put in – they should know not to silly foot around when we could be working on much needed paperwork.” The blonde half scoffed. “But it’s about time… Over half my staff needs to be fired, and my claims have well been over looked.”

More annoyance.

Candy crush during work? Really? Many a time’s she’d caught her staff playing that… crap, leading to several death’s and several near ones. All of which looked bad.

Deep breath.

Peppermint tea.

“It’s all a façade, just wanting to shake some fear into the staff – which is good for those who deserve it.” She breathed, fully well hearing the sarcasm that dripped from the raven haired beauty’s words. “We the one’s of the facility hold the control. It’s amusing to watch them wave their little dandies while we do all the work.”

Then – introduced another professor. One of whom the blonde could easily tell her friend disliked. Nodding politely, Zandra acknowledged Rufio’s presence in which joined them.

“Without a doubt.” Zandra’s musical tone agreed. “I always love scare tactics. Specially from new bloods.”

Bountiful blue eyes moved back to her friend, obviously uninterred with the topic at hand. Nodding, a soft and natural smile pulling at her pink lips. “I’ll have some file’s sent your way, they could serve of interest to some of your notes.”

The blonde nodded. “You too, keep your head lovely.” Soft words, gently in which spoke against the nature everyone had known her to. As Rupi dismissed herself, the blonde doctor found her attention fully attending Rufio.

“As I prefer.” She nodded, “I do expect to be handing a list to them – and they shall see a mass cut in my department and higher results.”

Her words were cruel, each note uncaring of the disposable mass’s that littered and ruined the fine gems within her department.

“What must you be expecting from your fine words to such sophisticated creatures of the city?” She asked, her word’s speaking of the two “new” members within their walls.

Her words cut short by the new member that joined the two. Fine feature’s pinched up in disdain towards the new comer. While she cared little of what could be said from one mouth to another, the blonde still knew when to bite her tongue.

“If you were here to over take the facility, Dr. Funer wouldn’t have a chair to occupy and a staff to manage.” Zandra’s curt tone acknowledged. Stunning blue eyes looked at the staff around, and Rufio, but as far as the Head of Science was concerned, he hadn’t made his way yet and meant nothing more to her.

“The Gorgon has been a thorn in my side. If you are to test on my subject, using my tools – we will speak of such manners later. Any results will come back to my lab and you will accept any such test’s I hand your way.” She directed, her word’s solid and unyielding. He may have the board behind him – but she stood behind her department and as the director of it all, she had the final say.

Tag: None.

“I’m sure there’ll be some upheavals to be weathered.” Rupi commented, not deigning to give Rufio eye contact either as she spoke or sipped her tea. She turned towards Zandra, reaching out to brush her elbow in a friendly gesture. “I have some notes to prepare. I’ll see you later today, perhaps.” Rupi bid in farewell to Zandra, before leaning closer to whisper. “Watch yourself in there.” She added, before departing without another word. Rufio stepped into the place left vacant, smiling at the other woman’s retreating back.

With a smile at Zandra’s loving compliment and farewell, Rupi strode from the Amphitheater without another gaze back. She would be called for evaluations soon. Best to be somewhere easily found, such as her office when her time came.

[Depart to Cell Block B – Offices & labs]

Tag: Zandra Cecily, Helmut Gregor.

“Hah, I don’t feel sorry for them. But I think our two new members are-” Rufio was beginning to say, smirking with amusement at Zandra’s casual remark to terminate employment for dozens, when he was interrupted. The Head of Science shared with him a disdain for inferior and incompetent personnel that they would rather be without. For Rufio, it was the abominable patients he was forced to examine. Of course, his anger at being superseded on with the beautiful blondes attentions were quickly snuffed when he saw who it was. Yet another individual who shared their contempt for useless nobodies!

In the presence of his medical superiors, Rufio politely stepped back, though he remained attentive. Here was a duel of minds that he would love to witness, finding Dr. Gregor oozing with barely veiled scorn while Dr. Cecily was cold and blunt. Unfortunately the talk soon turned to some scientific process over a patient not on Rufio’s list, causing him to lose patience with the conversation. With a nod to Dr. Cecily, who probably wouldn’t see him in her banter with the new doctor, he took off in the direction of the door, intending to go to work. When the Board wanted him, they’ll let him know.

[Depart to Cell Block C]​

Tag: Zandra Cecily, Helmut Gregor​

Gregor actually smiled.
"We seem to have a miscommunication, and for that I'm terribly sorry. You seem under the impression that I was asking. This is a courtesy message to you. I am conducting such tests and experiments as I see fit." He cocked his head, as though exaiming her more closely.

"Your arrogance and ego are truly astounding things. It's a fascinating thing that not ten minutes pass since you are handed very simple and specific instructions direct from the board, you choose instead to cling to some semblance of pride as though you are still the most relevant person in the room. Especially when I know for a fact that you are the first to face your review, I'm sure Candice will find your defiance of her wishes amusing." Gregor gave her a smile, and nodded to her. "Do enjoy your tea. And do be sure to be prompt to your meeting! Candice does hate tardiness." Gregor turned and walked away from her, not caring in the least about her response. He'd made something of an attempt to be civil, but if she was dead set on trying to stand over him due to a position that was not relevant to him in the least...well, he'd dealt with that before.

In the end she was used to being someone's boss. Which was only helpful when those around you were not reporting directly to those that signed clearance to you. Gregor gave a wave to Jaime, who rose and followed him out of the room. It was time to go to work.

Exit to Labs​

Amphitheater

Tag: Rufio, Gregor

Annoyance flared deep within her gut, her conversation being cut short with a coleage. Not that she wanted to spend much time explaining to the man that this was still her department. She nodded to Rufio, acknowledging his need to step away to his work.

Zandra’s perfect arms folded infront of her, her body weight shifting to her left leg as her line of sight connected with the new doctor. Her lips pulled up – a smile that seemed as cold as the arctic.

“And you seem to not fully grasp the terms. You want to work with my subjects, and my tools you’ll do as your told.” Her tone had dropped – something precise and deadly creeping in. People truly annoyed her. Not that it mattered – when it came to her tools and various important files, she was the only one with the pass key, the keypad code and had the voice activation code that was tied up to her perfect vocals. The handy part of being head of science.

Shrugging it off, Zandra turned and stopped for moment’s to speak to her staff, ensuring their test’s would be finished before stepping out of the room, still easily having enough time to make it to the evaluation and have plenty of time to spare.

[Exit to Exam room]

richardarmitageprofilepixmar0613imdb.jpg
Tags: Open​

Funer had been standing in the crowd, listening to the words of every speaker that had been up on the stage. He stuffs his hands into the pockets of his pants, he had always hated evaluations. He walks over to where a small line was forming to the examination room, where he attempts to remain out of sight, not wanting to interrupt the conversation forming between the doctors ahead of him in line.

He take's a step forward as the line begins to get shorter, doctors were probably finishing up their examinations. He sighs quietly as he taps his foot against the floor, knowing Candice or Miller were going to give him hell for some small thing they probably found within his facility, which, in his opinion, he has been running very well, considering everything hasn't fallen apart yet.

HMcKelvie_v_19aug11_pr_b_320x480.jpg
Tags: Open​

Natalie sighs quietly when the conference is finally over, she patiently waits for the rest of the staff to file out before moving out herself, tapping her weapon that hangs on her chest lightly as she thinks of what to do.

She decides to go visit Jinx, just to check up on things as she hadn't heard much about the telekinetic girl since yesterday morning, so she heads out of the Amphitheater to the elevator where she would go to Cell Block B.

[Depart to Cell Block B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom