Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Need Ideas for Superhero RP

Vixen_Mistress

Supernova
So my friends and I are playing Mutants and Masterminds, a sort of superhero game, and relatively soon I am going to need to run the game with a plot and stuff going on. So far I have an idea involving a person with certain powers, but need more filler to cover 4 days worth of game. Just need ideas on what to do, and how to draw out the adventure for the party.

The villain I have planned is a young student, who can change people into children's toys and begins abducting other students since she needs friends. I am thinking of taking this in a honey I shrunk the kid type scenario, but need some ideas on what to do or how to get the mission started. I do however plan on having the heros themselves get turned into toys, then having to figure out how to reverse the effects as toys.

What I need are smaller stories to be filler, between the main story parts and more added to the story above. Any plot ideas are appreciated and will be considered for the running of the game.

Puzzle segment using household objects. If you're feeling crafty you could actually build the playspace. Ant fight! Depending on how far you want to take it, it could even be a micro-dungeon with a Queen fight. Normal sized NPC is aware of the heroes predicament, and attempts to assist. Make a situation where the group must work as a team to help their giant NPC friend navigate a challenge. Maybe the villain's prototypes came the other way, and are toys made alive instead of life made toys. That could make some interesting fights, especially if they were initially presented as allies before sudden betrayal.

That actually sounds pretty awesome. I will see about doing something like, maybe with an Alice in Wonderland feel to the room, maybe even limiting their powers in some way too.

Make references to Toy Story, they wouldn't necessarily have to be direct, you could just have vague references. Maybe some of Sid's creatures (or something he could've created) as enemies. You could get creative with traps too, perhaps they knock something over that sets off one of those chain events, and puts them in a life or death situation that they need to escape from; or perhaps the chain of events risks others... other people turned to toys maybe?

Back
Top Bottom