Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A quick note about the 'home' button

Shiho

Planetoid
New user here, so maybe I'm just being nitpicky.

The home button usually refers to the mainpage - effectively a quick one-button path to get to the main hub. Instead though, it seems the forum button serves that role and the home button brings you to the terms section used to gate new joiners.

The thing is, as it is now it's a small inconvenience to those used to hitting the home button to return to the main page to get to a hub the site can be explored from.

Since people already in the site have probably encountered that mainpage before, and it doesn't serve much use after that, would it be a good idea to merge the home and forum buttons into the general 'main page' of the site or are there some technical complications preventing it?

I can't say for certain as I don't do any of that but I don't think theres been any cause to change it. I can't recall any complaints personally about the buttons either officially like this nor personally in just a general chit-chat in chat. There may have been and I just wasn't around but it doesn't seem to be something that bothers people, or if it does, it doesn't for very long.

I think its tripped me up twice since I joined.

The site is already scheduled to go through a few changes in the future. I can't speak from the programming aspect of things because as I said, not my forte. Vek or one of other more technologically minded members would be able to answer you on that front.

It is a leftover from when I was young and stupid and was going to try to get MyBB to talk to things that MyBB did not want to talk to >_>

Back
Top Bottom