Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Never Trust A Thief (Baraki and Rose of Wutai)

Baraki

Moon
"What kind of scientist just says 'Yeah guys, it's out there. Now go look for it.'? Fuckin' old fart..." Reno muttered, tossing his baton up into the air so that it did a few flips before catching it again. He was rather skilled with the little metal rod and often did idle little tricks such as this when he was bored. However, sometimes he dropped it and on more than one occasion it led to someone getting a bit of a jolt. Nothing serious though...yet.

"Reno, I heard that. You left your headset on." Tseng's voice crackled into Reno's ear, making him jump and toss the baton extra high. "Aw sh--!" he cried, scrambling to catch it. "Okay whatever, but you know it's true!" he shot back, glancing around for the god-knows-how-many-eth time. The materia was said to be rather large and most likely in a grove of magicite. Hard to miss, one would think, but for the last few days Reno had been combing this site for anything that looked remotely similar. "This is freakin' grunt work...Tseng gets to sit on his lazy ass and let a squad take ca-"

"Reno..."

"Mind your own business, goddamn!" Reno shouted before taking off his headset entirely and putting it in his pocket.

Yuffie giggled slightly at Reno's conversation before jumping out of the tree to land near reno with a thud. "Forget stealing that materia you Shinra Puppet, Cause that's my job!" She grinned, noticing then that Reno was actually pretty hot. She had seen how clumsy he was before and figured a fight would be simple enough to win if one occured.

(god that was short, I'll do better next post)

Reno blinked as the ninja suddenly landed just a couple feet ahead of him. He let out a laugh. "Ooh, I'm terrified. What are you, sixteen and tossing out all these threats and insults? The only thing you'll be taking from here is a few knocks to the head if you don't get going." he said. He couldn't help but notice that she was cute for an impertinent bandit. But now was no time for him to let a perky chick in short shorts get between him and an objective!
He raised a gloved hand to his forehead and brushed a strand of his long hair away from his eye before making sort of a "shoo" motion. "Now beat it. Reno's got work to do."

Reno had just chosen the worst words he could have. "Someones going to get knocked in the head all right, but it isnt going to be me!" She dashed towards reno with shuriken in hand, hoping to get a hit in before he could react. Of course she wasn't aiming to kill him just knock him out so she could get the materia herself. "And what exactly does "reno" define as work, being an errand boy for the rest of the turks?!"

He smirked, having already subtly slid his foot back in a concealed fighting stance while he spoke. He never expected her to run away, but it had given him enough time to give her a once-over and see what she had on her. A giant shuriken and pockets with the capacity to conceal weapons, most likely projectiles. He thought it best to keep this fight quick and close-range. A quick step to the side was all it took to avoid the shuriken and he followed up with a short jab with the butt of his baton. He didn't want to shock her quite yet, for the sake of preserving the battery power within the baton. He was certain he could deal with her without it. After all, he was a trained professional. "Well it certainly doesn't entail beating up little girls! But for you it seems I'll have to make an exception."

Yuffie of course over extended and barely managed to dodge the worst of the baton jab. She had no measure on him, but that never stopped her before. She had take the baton to the side which staggered her fora second before she lashed out with the Shuriken again, a wide slash meant to do two things, One: drive him back for a second or two, and B: what every other slash is meant to do.

"You're clumsy. What kind of a ninja are you?" he jeered as he back-flipped out of her reach. He immediately thought better of that question. "The kind that announces themselves to their opponent, I suppose, i.e., the stupid kind."
Reno was fast. He wasn't particularly strong, not terribly smart, and not overwhelmingly intimidating, but he was fast and had reflexes to match. If he could get her to throw that shuriken and miss without creating too much of a distance between them, he was pretty certain he would be able to get the upper hand, if he didn't have it already.
He landed on his hands and feet kind of like a sprinter in the starting position, giving him a good start to lunge at her with a Muay Thai knee kick. He had picked it up while sparring with Rude, who used elbows and knees almost more than hands and feet on account of the fact that his arms and legs were far too long for really close combat.

Yuffie was a little shocked by his speed and that was probably what earned her that kick knocking the shuriken from her hand as she attempted to block. "OK ok you got me, now what do you plan on doing, i mean If you take me prisoner then you have unneeded baggage, but if you let me go who says i won't just steal the materia from under your nose..."

Reno put his foot on the shuriken, eliminating any chance of her being able to pick it up and counter attack. "Thanks for laying out my options there." he said, shrugging and looking vexed. "Like you said, if I take you, you're slowing me down. If I let you scamper off, it would be giving you the chance to not suck as much as you just did." He was kind of disappointed. He hadn't had a good fight for a while now, and he felt like this ended a bit prematurely. "A daunting quandary to be sure, but I fear you've neglected to take into account that one leads to inconvenience, and one leads to possible failure. That being said..."
He flicked a switch on his baton, activating the Sleep materia inside it before tapping her on the head with it. The sleep magic took effect almost instantaneously, knocking her out. "The choice isn't that hard."
Reno bent over and picked up the shuriken, hooking it onto his belt before retrieving a couple cords from his pocket and tying her hands together. Then he picked her up and hoisted her over his shoulder, setting off on his path again.

Back
Top Bottom