Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mafia: BMR Cruise Ship [Signup Thread]

Fruit

Best Girl
Hey everyone!

After much planning and careful consideration in the chat box, lait and I decided to start a Mafia game here on BMR :)

If you haven't played Mafia before, here is a YouTube Tutorial.

It's a fun, lighthearted party game that's full of strategy, drama, lying and good laughs. We'll try and transfer it to forums to the best of our abilities.

The game is structured into a day phase and a night phase. During the night phase posting in this thread will be prohibited. Special roles people can do their stuff via PM. During the day phase the name and role of the victim will be announced, and discussion and voting on the suspect can commence. Before the night phase is announced the voting will halt and the member with the highest number of votes will be eliminated from the ship and their identity will be exposed. Only the referee can announce the start and end of the day.

Roles:
- Mafia: During the night phase, PM the referee the names of your victim(s).
- Doctor: During the night phase, PM the referee the name of the person(s) whom you wish to save.
- Detective: During the night phase, PM the referee the name of the person(s) you want to investigate.
- Boat Slut: During the night phase, PM the referee the name of the person(s) you want to cause them to skip their turn.
- Pedestrian: You don't do anything during the night phase. During the day phase you may discuss and vote on who you think the mafia is.

Sub-roles: Those may be added if we have a high roster
- Stalker - Learns if a player targeted another player, but not what actions were performed on them.
- Bodyguard - Protects one player at night. If protected player is chosen, bodyguard dies instead.
- Serial Killer - Main goal is to be one of the only two players left. (Can kill off Mafia) - No allies.

Rules:
* I'll be the referee. BOW DOWN BEFORE ME BITCHES
* The players will be assigned their roles using an online randomizer or a deck of cards. Depends on my mood xP
* A Mafia win is triggered if the number of Mafias exceed the number of the other roles. Evil Ending.
* A Survivors win is triggered if all mafia members have been eliminated. Good Ending.
* The doctor can save his/herself only one time during the entire game.
* The number of Mafia members, detectives, doctors, and boat slut will be determined after we know how many people wish to play. The number of possible victims per night phase, as well as possible suspects to be investigated, will also be decided later. In case very few people join, we could potentially eliminate one or two of the roles. Mafia members, doctors, and detectives will have to communicate with each other and choose the targets to eliminate and have one of them PM the referee with the names, CCing their allies.
* You may announce your role in the thread. Consider the consequences of doing so carefully. Also consider that anyone announcing their role could potentially be lying.
* You may NOT screenshot the PM that gives you your role and post it as proof. Doing so is an immediate disqualification and will forbid you from playing in any Mafia games in the future (at least the ones I organize). Also I'll hate you forever and ever >,> If you see anyone ruining the game like that, or any other way, please report it..
* If you are eliminated, you may no longer post in the thread. Discussing the game is permissible in the chat box or in PMs.

Voting Mechanism:
To vote, include the tally in the bottom of your post. Do NOT edit your post to reflect any changes, just re-post.

Kanye said:
I really think John Cena is the killer..

John Cena 1

Miley Cyrus said:
Nah, I think it is Donald Trump

John Cena 1
Donald Trump 1

Donald Trump said:
I know great detectives! I'll work on making our forum great again. I understand the question, I know what I'm doing, and I will answer. We should build a wall and keep John Cena away until we can figure things out!

John Cena 2
Donald Trump 1

Miley Cyrus said:
You know what, I'll change my mind. It has to be Cena

John Cena 3

Roleplaying Rules

!..RPing is optional. This is why the game isn't in the group RPs section..!

You may role play and create any character you want. Site rules still apply, so no underage characters in sex scenes. Your roles are attributed to you by the ref and are in no way, shape, or form connected to your character's personality. I could give you the Mafia role, and your character can be Gandhi. Maybe I'd give you the detective role and your character is Satan. Use face claims if you want and RP and have fun :)

You can give your characters your username or made up names. If you choose to make up a character name, I'll refer to them as "Character Name [Member Name]" in official posts to avoid confusion.

As the referee, I get to make up things as I like. I'll write up the way the characters die, and the way the corpse is found, they way they get rid of the suspect, etc.. I need my fun. If you're a mafia and want to write up the way you kill your victims, do it in your PM and I'll probably use it if I like it.

Theme: Cruise Ship.
- The story of the game is in a cruise ship. You character finds the brochure and signs up for a trip. They later find out that a group of killers are in the ship! More will come later~

Duration:
- Each phase will be 12 hours. I'll start the day phase around noon and the night phase around midnight.
- The game will take place over the span of days. Possible a week or so, might be more depending on how it unfolds and how many people sign up. I really don't know. I'm just saying this so that people understand it isn't going to be fast, so you don't need to clear up your schedule and sit here.

How big of a commitment is signing up?
Very small. If you're someone with a special role, the bare minimum you need to do is to PM me the name of the member you want killed/saved/healed. If you have partners, you will need to plan with them. During the day phase you'll need to avoid being caught. If you are a pedestrian, all you have to do is to guess who the killer is and vote on them.

I personally don't think its a big commitment. You have 12 hours to do your thing.. which may be one short post really.

I'll keep the thread open for a while. This is just for registration. The game itself will be in a separate thread.

Roster:
- lait
- Ariamella
- Zeth
- Leonheart
- DiscretionarySilence
- sirix
- Dream Guide
- Azecreth

Welcome Leonheart!

We definitely need more people to start. At the very least ten, but ideally 15-25.. Come on people! D:

Awesome. Everyone is signed up.

We now have eight which is still extremely low for my liking. Also I started this under the false impression that we'd have 25+ people signing up in the first day alone and I'd have time to referee this during my spring break. That turned out to be false >,<

We'll take every sign up we can. Then when we have a good number and I'm ready to ref, I'll PM everyone to confirm their interest (it could be weeks away after all), then we might get this started.

Alternatively, I don't want to be an obstacle. So if we do get a decent number soon and I'm still busy, I can step aside for someone else to mod this if they want.

Back
Top Bottom