Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ICONS - Heroes of a Mad City

Ladies and gentlemen, for the longest time, I've been wanting to do a game using the ICONS system. For those who haven't heard of it, it's a rather simple superhero RPG, requiring only a pair of D6s, nothing more. While I am still working on the story, I wanted to gauge everyone's interest before proceeding.

An interesting aspect of this game is the ability to randomize your powers, origins, etc, and that is something I wish to try and do. Basically, anyone who is interested, I will have you make a series of roles, and I'll tell you what top,e of origin you have (each one gives different bonuses), how many powers you have, and just what those were are. Then, it's up to those sexy, creative brains of yours, to come up with a superhero to go with them!

Please, let me know who is interested and we can work things out.

Awesome! We've got four people, so I think it's a good time to start character creation. Now, since I can't find the system online...for some reason, here's how it's going to be set up. First off, you'll either need 2d6 or a dice roller (which are easy to find) and then send me the follow (note, there are charts determining levels, so don't let the initial numbers of the dice fool you):

Origin: roll 2d6, give me the total number. I will tell you what your origins ate and the bonus that comes with it.

Abilities: Your basic attributes. Roll 2d6 for each one and tell me the total. Once all of these are done, you can swap two of them around as you like. The attributes are:
-Prowess: Skill in melee combat, attacking, parrying, etc.
-Coordination: Your agility and speed, skill in ranged combat, dodging, etc
-Strength: How strong you are, etc.
-Intellect: How smart you are, naturally
-Perception: How powerful your skills of perception are.
-Willpower: Your force of will, how charismatic you are.

Powers: Now, this one is a tricky one, since first, we need to determine how many powers you have. Simply roll 2d6 and give me the result. The mot amount of powers a character can have is five (though one of the origins does grant an additional power, raising the potential total to six). Now, in order to save time, I'll just have you roll for the five powers, and I'll use how many you should have. First, roll 2d6 and give me the total number. Then, roll again and give me the separate numbers. Repeat this four more times and I'll tell you which powers you have.

At this point, I should be able to tell you how much Determination you have (points you can spend to reroll, retcon things, perform stunts, etc) and your health.

Specialties: Finally, your specialties. These are skills that your character has exceptional skill in. Simply roll 2d6 and give me the total, and I will tell you how many you have. You can then choose from the following list:

Acrobatics
Aerial Combt
Arts*
Athletics
Business
Computers
Criminology
Drive
Electronics
Investigation
Languages
Law
Leadership
Martial arts
Medicine
Mechanics
Mental resistance
Military
Occult
Performance*
Pilot
Power*
Psychology
Science*
Slight of Hand
Stealth
Underwater Combat
Weapons*
Wrestling

(those with a * next to them have sub categories. Ask me about them)

And that's it for the dice rolls. Once I have those, I can give you further information on how to proceed.

Man, this post has been long. Ok, now away from the mechanics for a moment. In terms of the game world, I've been drawing inspiration from the setting of Urban Rivals (if you don't know what that is, google it), so expect a lot of craziness. As for the presence of mature content, I ask you all what you think.

Seems interesting - not sure if you want the data sent to you privately (so I will do that), but for the system it can be found here: https://ogc.rpglibrary.org/index.php?title=Icons

Is this still alive? really hope so

btw cool link Dancrilis that really helps a lot

Back
Top Bottom