Doin' the Do During World War 2 [Captain America -- Virginia and Silverknight]

Virginia Greene

ᕦ(ò_ó )ᕤ
Staff member
Administrator
Lucille Willis had always been dainty. 5'3", slender, and with delicate features. It worked well for what she intended to do, because everyone always underestimated her. The issue was that the woman didn't have quite as delicate a personality, but she could at least hide that. For a while. And if she wanted to (which she often didn't).

Her friend Mary was red haired, bouncy, and warm, constantly talking to people and constantly going on dates. Lucille would have been jealous if she'd actually cared that much, but she loved her friend and she was always happy to support her, even if she thought the taller woman could do so much more than just hunt for the perfect boyfriend. "He said yours is a little on the short side," Mary spoke up, drawing the attention of the blonde in the red dress, and Lucille smiled slightly, shrugging. "So am I," she pointed out. "It will be nice, I might not have to cramp my neck looking up at him." Height didn't really matter to her. She wanted someone she could hold a good conversation with. She wasn't really intending to find anything that was going to last a long time, after all. She had somewhere to go in a few months, and there was no knowing if she'd come back. "You don't seem exceptionally excited," Mary pouted after a moment, and Lucille shrugged and then let out an apologetic noise when her friend swatted at her"I am. But I don't know who I'm going to be spending the evening with. You already do." She'd met the man -- Bucky or something, if she recalled correctly -- and he seemed decent. So hopefully he'd have decent friends.

Unable to hold still, Mary left her sitting on the couch to peer out the window, peeling the curtains back just slightly to peer through. "Oh, I see them!" She squeaked, pulling back before the two men could see that she was trying to see them. "Yours is... well. He's not really what I..." That bad, huh? Lucille smiled and shrugged, standing up and taking a few moments to find her shoes. "What's wrong with him?"
"He's... a stick. He looks like someone might knock him over if the sneeze on him, he just seems sickly. And I think he's even smaller than you are." Lucille wasn't even sure that was possible, but she did put down her heels and tug on a pair of flats just in case. Then they heard the knock, and she followed lazily behind her much more excited friend, who darted to the door and flung it open. Leaning out from around the bustier woman, the blonde offered the man who was her date a mild smile. "Hello." As long as he didn't seem like a jerk, he'd get nothing but friendliness from her.

Two men were walking to meet with Lucille and Mary, one was the dashing tall Bucky Barnes, a man who was going to ship out for England and service in the 107 the following day. He had talked to the beautiful redhead that day and talked her into a double date, which he figured was a good way to have some fun on the last night in the states for a long time. Bucky was dressed in his dress uniform,a sign his rank. He walked with a much smaller man, hell a male who was so small that a good wind looked like it would blow him out to sea or at least a good few miles down the road. The two were friends and it was easy to tell that they were pretty close. Bucky walked across the crowd at the fair confidently, "Well you know, I don't know what the problem is, I mean your going to be here the last eligible male in a city of over 3 million women."

Steve Rogers let out a sigh, he wasn't looking for three million women. He shook his head, "Well, I would just settle with one," he commented as he walked. He had a good feeling that he was only here so that his friend could have his date with some hot woman for his date. It was fine, he didn't mind playing wingman for his friend when he needed to do so. He had gotten into a fight that day, and his friend had helped him out. He wasn't one to ever back down form some bully, even if it got him into trouble, which it did often. He looked at the two women, as the walked up, Bucky walking right to the redhead leaving him to talk to the friend. Steve looked at the shorter blue eyed woman and smiled politely, "Well hello ma'am," he said respectfully as he looked at her, his tone friendly as he looked right at her. He figured that he wasn't what she was expecting. She had eyes, those blue eyes that caught his attention, and he figured that this wouldn't be so bad.

"Alright ladies," Bucky commented as he looked at them, "lets head out, I hear the party is going to be great tonight, even Mr. Stark is going to be there showing off some strange tech of the future," he commented as he had read about the world's fair that was being held in New York and the caravel that went with it. He took the backseat so that Bucky could sit with the redhead as he drove them. Steve looked out of the car thinking about how he had failed again to enlist, he was going to try again obviously, as it was just what he wanted, he wanted to go over and make a difference in the war effort. He hated the fact he was so small, but he couldn't do anything to change that fact sadly.

"Just a moment!" Mary half-squeaked, and took off to find her purse and Lucille shot the men an amused look that said this was entirely normal and she was more than used to it. "Excuse me for just a moment? I need to get something. Please, feel free to entertain yourselves watching Mary flit about trying to find the purse that fell behind the couch!" The last part was a little louder, obviously meant to clue her friend in. Mary let out a tiny 'oh' and went fishing for it while the blonde vanished down the hall near the front door into what might have been the bathroom, though the door stayed open so she obviously wasn't using it. She came back out a moment later tucking something into her dress pocket, and then smiled warmly. "Alright, I'm ready to go."

Her 'date' was shorter than her, but only a little. He was... sort of cute. Probably not her type, but the blonde man was probably going to be good for a chat that night, at the very least. Looking like that, he probably had to have a lot of personality. Society wasn't so nice to the scrawny these days. When Bucky spoke she glanced up at him for a moment, and looked very much like she was going to say something but didn't. Best behavior for Mary's sake.

Glancing over at Steve once they were in the car and it was moving, she raised a light eyebrow at him. "You were starting off getting a whole lot of points for being a gentleman," she informed him, "but you're losing them just as fast because you never actually introduced yourself to me." She held out a small hand, eyes playful. "I'm Lucille. Or Lou, if you prefer." It was probably a good thing Mary was very distracted flirting with Bucky, because she always seemed to want to jump in and chide Lucille on the less than feminine nickname. "Hang on." She pulled her hand back, and then produced a small band aid, holding it out. "Here. You kinda got a little bit of... general 'got punched' on your face. And a scratch, I thought it might need a bandage. "

Steve blinked as he gave her a nod of his head, "Well now, your right, that was rather bad of me, my apologies, Lou, my name is Steve," he said politely and with a friendly tone as he could tell right away that both Bucky and Mary were in their own little world, that had nothing to do with him. He wouldn't be surprised that this situation wasn't uncommon for Lou either, but he wasn't sure about that. He blinked as he looked over at her seeing her look though her back to take out a band aid. He blinked wondering what she happened to be doing at that moment. He listened and then blinked as she put the band aid on hon a scratch he got early that day. "Well yeah, I guess so, I am not one to back down from a person when they try to bully others. I don't like it, and well sometimes, well it doesn't end so well for me."

His first impression on Mary was that she was far more interesting then he first thought that she was going to be. He wasn't sure what to expect, but he hadn't general then again thought much figuring that he would be ignored. The fact he wasn't being ignored was well surprising to him. "Thank you, that was kind of you to help," he added in as he looked out of the window seeing the traffic of the town as people went from place to place. He was curious about what the night would be like, but his mind mostly was on figuring a way to join the army, he had tried four times and each of the times he had been denied cause well, he was him, and he was to small. He had to go over and help the war effort, do his part and make a difference, otherwise he couldn't live with himself no matter the risk that were posed to him by doing so. "So, um Lou, did you hear that all the newest technologies are going to be at the show tonight, pretty neat stuff, I think," he said trying is best to make small talk.

Back
Top Bottom