PM or Thread RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReadandWrite

Meteorite
I am more comfortable writing straight female characters, probably because I am a straight female. No offense to anyone, but please don't ask me if I'd be willing to RP a bi-sexual or lesbian or bi-curious female character after you've read here that I only want to write straight females. Yes, I'm eager to start writing, but not so eager that I'd agree to write something that makes me uncomfortable.

Most of my female characters will be in their twenties or at the oldest 30. It depends on the story idea. I understand from reading the rules that the youngest our characters can be is 15, but the youngest I usually make my teenager is 16. I don't know why, I just got used to making them at the youngest, 16. (shrugs)

I do not want to roleplay as another character's Mom, step-mother, aunt or grandmother. Parent-child incest also makes me extremely uncomfortable. However, cousins and brother/sister, step-brother/step-sister, half-brother/half-sister, etc are fine with me.

Do not want to RP in chat or Instant Messages.

Prefer to roleplay in PM or forum threads.

Telling me that you need me to write a certain amount of words or sentences each time, though I appreciate the heads up, will most likely make me too nervous to want to write with you, sorry.

I don't do word or sentence counts. I just write. Sometimes my replies will be long, like 3 or more paragraphs, and sometimes they won't be. I do not write one-liners. Unless I'm writing while exhausted or uninspired, most of my replies will probably be more than one paragraph. One more thing, your replies do not have to match my length, how many paragraphs you write in your replies is up to you. It doesn't matter to me, as long as we are both enjoy writing the story.

HEAD'S UP. Okay, this is important if you are here more for the 'sexual' part than the story-telling. I don't have a lot of 'kinks', and am more interested in the 'story' than the 'sex'. Just call me old-fashioned. A huge kink for me is romance, pure and simple. Probably won't get me a lot of RP partners here, but I think it's best to be honest about it up front. That way, those of you who are more into the sex than the story-telling will be warned before contacting me to RP. No that doesn't mean I don't want sex to not be a part of the story, just that if it's the only reason for the roleplay I'll get bored very quickly if there's no story. :p

Below are some pairings, idea's, very brief story introductions (deliberately brief because this is a request thread :cool: )

I would prefer that the guy be older than my female characters even if only by 1 or 2 years.

PAIRINGS:

Neighbors

Cousins

Brother/sister or half-brother/half-sister, etc

Strangers meeting for the first time by literally bumping into each other at a crowded public place or at an event like a concert or party. They don't know each other at all, not each other's names, have never even laid eyes on each other before literally bumping into each other.

Strangers BUT - meaning we don't 'know' each other, BUT we do know of each other. each other's names because we're neighbors or have mutual friends, etc .. This is what we are to each other when we start out. Knowing each other's existence but not really knowing more than that. I'm thinking that this type of 'Strangers' RP would be perfect for a blind date. Or even for a 'run in' kind of beginning. If living in the same apartment building, for example, we could strike up a conversation in the laundry room or perhaps more interesting, a family member or match-making neighbor or landlord could have arranged for me to come over at the same time you were visiting. Basically, we're aware of who the other is but are still strangers because we don't know much more than the other person's name. We can discuss in pm what we already know about the other before starting. :)

Room Mates. For whatever reason we are living as roommates. I have a few ideas for this.

1. The city turned out to be more expensive than she expected and she needed to find someone to help pay the bills. She'd written the ad while exhausted and neglected to specify the gender she wanted her roommate to be. Alisa, though most of her friends call her Red because of her bright red hair, is an annoyingly old-fashioned girl. Extremely shy around men, especially attractive men. Would rather curl up with a romance novel than go on a date because as she puts it 'those guys will never hurt you'. Okay, I guess you can say she's more than shy around the opposite sex, try full out scared of them. Which is why at the old age of twenty-five, she's still a virgin. And in this day and age, a twenty-five-year-old virgin is unheard of, at least in the city. She didn't place an ad in the paper, she decided to do that IF no one responds to the notecards she posted at the gym, grocery store, and the family style Italian restaurant where she works as a .. sometimes waitress, sometimes dishwasher, sometimes cook. The owner of the place requires that the workers be trained to do everything, just in case someone calls off. But you become her roommate and you're definitely a guy. How this came about was through a mutual friend who knew you were looking for a place to stay in the city. Through a miscommunication she thought she was getting a female roommate. And then you arrive..

2. Exactly as above, except with maybe a paranormal or supernatural twist. You're not human, or not completely human, or are more than human. (What you are is up to you). After a long search and more than a few mistakes, you've found her. She's destined to be yours forever (did I mention that I like romance?) BUT you've never met a more 'skittish' woman. You've come across shy women before but you had always been able to charm them, and then had discovered so many times that they weren't 'the one'. It had happened so often that you'd started to wonder if you had arrived in this dimension/world too late, maybe you'd arrived after she'd died. But then you walked into the gym and saw a petite woman with bright red hair pulled back into a ponytale and knew instantly she was the one. However, after coming on too strongly with her and getting shot down, you realize you need to take things slowly. Unfortunately, you don't have much time. If you don't claim her by or before your next birthday you'll cease to exist, well as you have been. Your kind can only live sanely without their other half for so long, if never united with their other half they become a 'shadow'. Lonely or angry souls with no form accept a black shadow that only some can see. You became her roommate with the help of two friends, a married couple named Kat and Tom (short for Katherine and Tomas) who knows who and what you really are, because they are the same as you. Fortunately for you they're close friends with the shy red-head named Alisa. So through them Alisa agreed to let you move in, because Kat had deliberately let her assume that the person who 'badly needs a place to live' (you) was a woman. And then you arrive ..

3. You were Jeff's best friend growing up. And that didn't change when you became adults. His little sister Alisa is six years younger than you. She was fifteen when you were twenty-one and though she was shy, both of you knew she had a crush on you. It was just obvious. Though you thought at the time that she was pretty and cute, she wasn't really your type, and not just because at that age she'd be jail bait, but because of your friendship with her brother. Also, back then you knew that if you'd have even thought of messing around with Alisa, Jeff would have killed you. If their overprotective father didn't do it first. But it's ten years later. Alisa is twenty-five and you're thirty-one. You've always been accepted as part of the family and invited to the family reunion every single year, but something always seemed to prevent you from attending. However, this year you do go. The reunion is being held at a campground, the same as last year, but because of everyone's busy work or career schedules, will only last a week instead of the usual two weeks. Your impression of Alisa after ten years is that she is definitely your type. And to your relief, her protective brother Jeff not only approves but tells you he couldn't think of a better guy for his little sister. Her crush on you, however, is history. It's just obvious. Her bright blue eyes don't instantly light up when she sees you like they did when she was a teenager. Jeff tried hard not to laugh because he can tell by looking at you that that bothers you. Through the years, Jeff had kept you informed on what was going on in the neighborhood and in the family and because of that you know what happened to Alisa when she was only 20. She'd dated a few times after you had moved away when she was a teenager but didn't have a boyfriend until she'd turned twenty. The young man had fooled everyone, even Jeff. And then one night the family received a phone call telling them that Alisa was in the emergency room. It was a miracle she'd survived the beating her boyfriend had given her because the neighbors that heard her screams hadn't attempted to stop him. The neighbors had all minded their own business and turned up their televisions so they could better pretend they didn't hear her screams. That was the city for you, people minded their own business, but if you're lucky will dial 911 if it's not too much trouble. One of her neighbors had thankfully done that much for her. Or should say one of her boyfriend's neighbors. It had happened in her exboyfriend's apartment. Though her family hadn't wanted her to, she moved out of her parents house and into an apartment in the city six months ago. But life in the city is expensive, more expensive than she'd thought it would be, and she quickly discovered that she was going to need a roommate to help pay the bills. Alisa is older now, grew up into a lovely woman, whereas at 15 she was mostly legs, arms, stick-thin with fiery red hair that was always in disarray, just ten years later, at twenty-five, she still has long legs and fiery red hair, but now she also has breasts, and curves and you're certain she didn't have the last time you saw her. Or maybe you had made it a point not to notice back then because of her age. But her appearance isn't the only thing that's changed. From talking privately with your best friend, you find out that she hasn't been the same since her ex-boyfriend attacked her. "Alisa still doesn't date. Can you believe it? I think she's still afraid. It's been five years since that bastard put her in the hospital. Man, she's not the same person she was, you'll see," Jeff tells you in a private conversation shortly after you arrived at the campground. After talking with Alisa, and observing her, you realize that your best friend is right. Her personality now is so different than the girl you knew that you couldn't help wondering how often Alisa thinks about the creep who hurt her. The teenage Alisa you remember was shy but only around boys and people she didn't know. Around family, friends and you she'd always been all smiles and laughter. Joking around and talking happily about someday getting married and having lots of children. Just your ordinary romantic teenage girl who, while her friends her age dreamed about having a career, Alisa had dreamed about marrying a farmer or veterinarian (because she loved animals) and having lots of children. She'd always said that if she were going to have a business or career it would be one she could do at home so she could be a good mom and wife. But that girl seemed to have vanished, Alisa was aloof, oh she was friendly enough, but she didn't laugh or joke around and her smiles were forced. None of them reached her eyes. That was another thing, her bright blue eyes didn't just not light up when seeing you like they use to, they didn't light up at all. Not for you, not for her family and friends. Not for anyone. It was as if her ex-boyfriend had succeeded in killing the person she use to be. Your best friend, Jeff, is right. Alisa is not the same person she use to be. You found out through her brother of course, that Alisa is looking for a roommate and after Jeff happens to mention that you'll be sleeping on his couch until you find your own place, Alisa surprises you both by suggesting that you move in with her after the reunion ends. Jeff, couldn't contain his laughter because when she'd suggested you move in she'd said you were 'like her brother' and he knows that that is not how you want her to see you anymore. Her exact words before Jeff broke out laughing, were, "Jeff didn't tell me you were moving back, I thought you were just here for the reunion. You know you're like an older brother to me, right? Why don't you move in with me? My apartment's not huge, but it has a kitchen, living room, bathroom, two bedrooms. It would be better than trying to sleep on Jeff's small couch. I need someone to help with the bills so you can stay with me as long as you want... Jeff, why are you laughing?"

------------
RUNAWAY: Alisa was placed into the foster care system after her father killed her mother when she was only nine years old. As the only witness, it was her emotional testimony that had put her father in prison. The first two homes she was placed in wasn't bad at all, she was placed with a couple who thought they couldn't have children, but unfortunately for Alisa they'd been wrong about that and as soon as her foster parents found out they were going to have a baby, she'd be moved to another home. She would have made a really good big sister too. She'd never had any brothers or sisters and always wanted to. Then she was placed in homes that were not very good. She was either used as a maid and/or babysitter, or she'd be physically abused. That's when she started running away. She was 15 when your parents moved her into your home and introduced your 'foster-sister' to you. You resent her being there, maybe you were pissed because your parents didn't talk it over with you first. Or maybe it's because you didn't want a brother or sister and there were just too many changes made after she moved in. Could also be because Alisa is prettier than your girlfriend and secretly you are attracted to her. Your parents didn't tell you the details about her past, just that her mother is dead, her father is in prison. You weren't cruel or really that mean to her, but you didn't go out of your way to be friendly either. Yeah, you were a jerk to her, but you didn't think you were bad enough to make her want to run away. But that's what she did, just three months after she had moved in. It was after she ran away that your parents told you everything that had happened to her, which of course made you feel even more guilty for not watching out for her.

(I have 2 versions for this one. In the first one, you find her within a week after she ran away before anything bad happens to her. In the second one, six years pass after she ran away. Both of you are adults now, well she'd be an adult now if she survived the six years on the streets. You'd never stopped thinking about Alisa and never stopped blaming yourself and the career you had chosen is evidence of that because you became a private detective. Sometimes you'd read her journal and wish you had done things differently back then. Then an old high school friend calls you out of the blue, swearing that he saw Alisa and tells you where you can find her.)

==============

Below are Best Friends RPs:

1. "Marry me!!!" Those were the first words your best friend said to you as soon as you opened the door that she'd been banging on for who knows how long while you were sleeping. Then she holds out her hand, shows you her engagement ring, and with obvious excitement and happiness tells you, "That's what he said to me, just twenty minutes ago! Can you believe it? I'm getting married!" But instead of feeling happy for her, you feel like you've been punched. Alisa used to be yours before you broke up with her after high school graduation. She hadn't talked to you for a full year after, but eventually she forgave you and the two of you had been best friends ever since. There's nothing you don't know about her, you know her favorite colors, she has more than one, all autumn colors she was never into pastels. She loves motorcycle's and sports. Her favorite song is Dream A Little Dream, favorite food is chili dogs with pickles. Hell you had been the one to take her virginity on prom night, thankfully her father had never found out or you wouldn't be breathing now. And now she's standing in front of you, after having told you that she's getting married and all you can think of is she should be marrying you!

2. The two of you are in high school. You never used to be attracted to her, and as far as you can tell she wasn't attracted to you either. At least she had never showed signs of having a secret crush on you. Alisa just wasn't the type of teenage girl to turn a guy's head. Your friends never showed an interest in her either. All of you really just treated her like she was one of the guys because she liked sports, fishing and motorbikes. Could also have been because of the clothing she wore too, jeans and oversized shirts that hid her figure. But that changed after a new guy moved into the neighborhood. Alisa had taken one look at him and was a goner. Next thing you know, she's coming over to your house, not to hang out with you and your friends, but to get 'beauty' help from your sister. Your very popular cheerleader sister, taught her how to walk in heels, fix her her hair, put on makeup. Even took her shopping for a new wardrobe. Who knew that under all that baggy clothing, Alisa had a knock-out body? Now you are attracted to her, and so are your friends.

3. Similar to above, except you are both grown up. The two of you were best friends before your family moved away in your last year of high school. (you decide why). Now you've moved back into the old neighborhood. After unpacking you decide to pay your best friend in middle and high school, a visit. You knock on her door and are surprised when instead of the tom-boy you remember a knockout answers.
---------------------------------------------------

BOYFRIEND DESPERATELY NEEDED: Her ex-fiance is getting married just as they planned, but not to her. As if that wasn't bad enough, the bride is her cousin. Which of course means, she has to go to the wedding. Faking an illness was out of the question. No one would believe it, they would assume that she was hiding from everyone crying her eyes out, and they'd be right. But if she went alone, without a date everyone would feel sorry for her. What she needs is someone to pretend to be her boyfriend for the wedding and reception. She's your best friend's little sister, and as a favor to him you agree to pretend to be Alisa's boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom