Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Exalted 3rd] Ardventures in Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Supernova
Yaara Vledgren, Captain Paleon Graal, and Captain Nanashi, Princess of Rebellion were all sitting in a seaside tavern in the slums of Wu-Jian. Yes, they are all Solar Circle mates and naturally drawn together in a sacred brotherhood/sisterhood like bond from the first age. But they have met for a more pressing reason then that. They have been united by the actions of a single douche bag named the Silver Prince.

The Silver Prince is an abyssal exalted. He also is Graal's sworn enemy, has been hiding the pirate brother's Yaara has been hunting, and staging raids and attacks on Captain Nananshi's people. So in short he has been acting like an all around douche bag and must be put down. So the three heroes meet in Wu-Jian, a true nexus of information and underbelly scum to concoct a plan.

Each player please introduce your character. The game has started!

"So, why don't you tell me what you know about that Silver Prince?"

Yaara had tilted her chair backwards until its backrest leaned against the tap room's wall behind her, one raised foot planted against the table's edge supporting her seemingly hazardous position. She was dressed in her usual attire, light sailor's shoes, short tight fitting brown pants that left her lower legs bare and a short sleeved white shirt tied under her breast which exposed her midriff. That shirt had quite the volume to contain, but luckily as a sailor she knew how to tie a tight knot.

Even so, she and Nanashi apparently were quite the attraction in the inn, seeing how the majority of the male patrons continued to steal glances in their direction. It would have bemused her another time, but today there was serious business. A few days ago she had gotten her first good lead to the remaining Frezzen brothers, and it had also been the first time she learned about hte individual who named himself the Silver Prince. It seemed the other two persons sitting across her at the round table shared an overlapping agenda against that one, one that would make it wise to pool forces seeing how their adversary was an exalt as well.

She knew very little about her future comrades in arms besides what common rumors circulated, but hopefully that would change soon, starting with this conversation.

The old man took a sip from his tumbler of rum. His eyes took a slow wander down his two circle mates's bodies before focusing on the troubles at hand. He set his hands down on the table—both clad in fingerless brown leather gloves.

“There's been a pirate king called the Silver Prince for some time now,” eh explained. “I crossed swords with him personally once, before I retired. He wasn't a bad fellow as pirates go, reputed to accept an honorable surrender and treat his men fairly.

“This is not that man.

“Not long before I Exalted, one of my son's ships was boarded by a pirate flying the Silver Prince's flag. According to Jagan--a cabin boy who was instructed to hide--they put up a good fight and surrendered when the situation turned against them. The cabin boy tells me he watched as the man they called The Silver Prince accepted the captain's sword in surrender. The man had a bleeding circle on his forehead, and black sparks swirled around him. He beheaded the captain with his own sword, then ordered the ship slaughtered. They looted the ship, even taking the corpses of the defeated, before setting it adrift. We found the ship adrift outside of wavecrest three days later and managed to nurse Jagan back to health.”

Paleon grit his teeth in anger for a moment, then finished, “Jagan is my great grandson. The only survivor of a ship crewed by thirty good men.”

“On the Isle of Dark Mist, the noblemen keep close ties to their ancestors. I think it's a good place to find out more about this death knight—and ultimately where he can be found.”

"The Frezzen brothers have been reported to be raiding Abalone's ports. The fact they raid a Realm tribute state mans they got something backing them," volunteered the Bartender. He was an old salt of a sailor turned land lubber after is crew died. Like most tavern owner's e kept his ear to the waves.

The party as two leads now. Investigate Onyx and find clues, or go to Abalone and see if they can track down the Frezzen brothers or info.

"Abalone you say?"

That was the best lead Yaara had had in a very long time. Briefly her thumb and index finger were massaging her chin as she thought this over, before she turned her attention back to Paleon, speaking half to herself and half to him as she voiced her thoughts.

"So maybe that is where we should head first? Bereave the Silver Prince of some of his underlings before moving in on him?"

That Silver Prince seemed like a piece of work, alright. Also a idiot andmainiac. If she ever were a pirate, she would never want to build that sort of reputation. What was the point of motivating every prey vessel to fight extra hard against oneself?

The old man smiled quietly as her thoughtful gestures focused his eyes on her face.

A thoughtful nod later, he nodded, “You're right, Yaara. We should try and weaken the bastard a bit before we take him head on.” The old man rose and waved over a smart young sailor from another table. “Boyce,” he addressed the young man. “Shore leave is through. Inform the men that we sale for Abalone with the tide.”

“Aye, Captain Graal,” he replied with a smart salute, then went running.

Paleon finished his ale with a long pull, then did the same with the rum he'd been nursing since lunch. He rose and offered a hand to Yaara, “There's a cabin prepared for you on the spray. Perhaps you'll dine with me tonight?”

With their course plotted, our heroes leave the tavern. As they head towards the docks and their ship, a gang of toughs step from the shadows. They are your common band of thugs of a dozen men. They try to surround our heroes and the leader steps forth. "Well well, if it isn't a pair of tourists. Tourists got to pay a fee to go sight seeing around here you know," says the man. He was a wiry thing with weather worn features and a short sword.

Do you thrash these bozos or talk your way out?

Yaara tilts her head to the left as the corners of her mouth rise in a delighted smile while she eyes the leader curiously just as a girl might inspect an intriguing and entertaining new sight. What to do with these conceited individuals, indeed.

Finally she speaks, her voice soft, without shifting her gaze "In that case I think we skip the sight seeing, don't you agree Paleon?"

Captain Paleon Graal

Any time something like this had happened in the last thirty years, Paleon had made some effort to talk the young fools out of a fight. A few times, he'd even gone so far as to pay the stupid kids just because he didn't want their blood on his hands. He'd been old, fat, comfortable, and calm. Though never a doormat, he'd lost the hungry edge of passion that would send a young man racing to a righteous cause—or just to do something stupid to impress a pretty girl.

Now, though...

His once dark purple hair was still the gray of cold iron. His skin was still weathered and wrinkled from a century of sun, and his belly still heavy from decades of good living.

Now, emerald eyes flashed with youthful fire. A grin spread across chapped lips. Solar essence burned in his blood. Vigor beyond even that of his youth hammered in his heart.

His grin grew wider. “Oh, I think you’re right, my dear. I think these men are far more entertaining than the sites of the port.”

He deftly undid the buttons on is fine blue jacket and pulled it off, slinging it over his left forearm. “Well, then, boys,” one foot fell back just a little. His hands rose, and then closed into fists so fast his knuckled crackled. “are you gong to come and collect your 'tax'? Or are you too afraid of an old man and a girl too try?”

He closed his eyes for a moment and inhaled. Essence rose inside of him, calming him 'til he road the wave of youthful excitement. He could hear the waves washing up in the pier. He could place the unwashed thugs by the shifting of their feet, the beating of their heart.

He could smell Yaara beside him. An enigma of a girl. Walking in a man's boots. So desperate to be stronger than any man, even as she yearned to be ruled in love...

His eyes opened, flashing with jade fire.

4 personal motes on Excellent Solar Awareness to Join Battle.
Wits 3, Awareness 1, Specialty 1, Motes 4 = 9 dice.
Rolling: 7 successes!

OOC: Tenshi show the actual dice numbers next time. DX

You guys can simply roll dice then type what they come up here. I trust you.

Yaara sighs, her shoulders sagging for a moment, together with some other part of her delicous anatomy. She would have loved to chat these lowlifes up for a bit before exchanging blows, if it ever came to that. Not because they did not deserve a beating but more to entertain her own, playful nature. A few lewd comments here and there, and who knew, maybe she coudl have put them on tilt or at least off balance.

That chance was gone, though. On the plus side she would get to see Paleon in action. He is an Exalted like her, so that dirty dozen should not pose any problems for him ...

As the thugs draw their weapons, Yaara unsheathes the small dagger at her belt, its tip pointing towards the horde menacingly. Like the old captain she feels the exalted energy suffuse her body, ready to aid her in the skirmish ahead.

Rolling Initiative: Wits 5 + Awareess 5 = 10 dice: 4, 7, 9, 1, 6, 10, 3, 2 9, 8 5 successes

"They always want to do things the hard way. Very well lads, let's leave them in a pool of blood," says the lead thug. Apparently glowing fire eyes is something of a common occurrence these days. The thugs ready their weapons to commence a mugging.

"Oh yes, I do like it when a man treats me the hard way." Yaara purrs tauntingly at her attackers as she gets ready to defend herself, intent to observe them for a turn to better adjust her fighting style.

Yaara will not attack during the first round of combat, observing the happenings.
After her first successful evasion Yara will pay 4 motes and activate Fourfold Shiver Binding to raise he rdefense by 1 (to 7) for the rest of the scene.

Zeth said:
"They always want to do things the hard way. Very well lads, let's leave them in a pool of blood," says the lead thug. Apparently glowing fire eyes is something of a common occurrence these days. The thugs ready their weapons to commence a mugging.

4 - 10 - 8 - 1 - 9 So 3 successes

Exalts count a 10 as two successes minor npcs do not.

Graal init 12

Yaara init 11

Thugs Init 8

Captain Graal, you are first.

Captain Paleon Graal

Paleon scowled for a moment at the drawn swords, wondering if this was going to get bloody after all...

His eyes flashed over to Yaara. Her purr sent thrills down his spine. Paleon dove into the lead thug. His gloved hand kocked the sword away by the flat. Advancing further, his knee hammered up at the man's midsection.

1 m for fists of iron Technqiue.
Lowering their soak by 3. 1 for my essence, 2 for 'sucker for a pretty face or a flash of cleavage.'
7 sucesses to hit.

Tenshi said:
Captain Paleon Graal

Paleon scowled for a moment at the drawn swords, wondering if this was going to get bloody after all...

His eyes flashed over to Yaara. Her purr sent thrills down his spine. Paleon dove into the lead thug. His gloved hand kocked the sword away by the flat. Advancing further, his knee hammered up at the man's midsection.

1 m for fists of iron Technqiue.
Lowering their soak by 3. 1 for my essence, 2 for 'sucker for a pretty face or a flash of cleavage.'
7 sucesses to hit.

They have Parry of 2. Strength 4 + 7 damage for a light weapon + 5 = 16 raw damage dice. Their soak was 6 wich you reduced to 3. You now roll 13 Dice to see how much damage you cause.

OOC: 8 Bashing levels of damage! You wiped out all the health in the battle group!

The man was kneed in the stomach and simply crumbles to the ground unconscious from the blow. The remaining thugs show a look of horror and panic with their leader defeated in one blow. They FLEE! One thug sling the leader over his shoulder and all the men high tail it into the alley.

Captain Paleon Graal

Paleon's eyes widened when the cowards were so easily scattared. His chest heaved in laughter for a few moments. Then he turned towards Yaara to see if he'd impressed the damsel--or, more likely knowing her indipendent nature--frustated her by driving off all the fun.

His eyes had barely lit upon her lythe and buxom young form when all other thought was momentarily flash-burned from his mind. Unheeding of the knife--or perhaps enboledened by it--the old man strode back to his young circlemate. One arm--thick and dense and gnarled as old ironwood--went around her waist and pulled her aganist his chest. The other hand--acting on the insticts fanned to life by the fire coursing in his viens--tried to tangle in Yaara's hair and tip her lips up so he could claim a hungry kiss...

His hand had not fully secured her hips when already it felt only empty air, with her having swiftly swirled away from his reach in a display of her preternatural speed and swiftness. That reaction had been on instinct mostly, but now a good two steps away from the captain again Yaara studied the man closely.

The thugs had crumbled easily, indeed, almost disappointingly so, but why had that emboldened him to this foray? She would not say anything, not scold or berate him. Just watch his reaction, with her intention expressed most clearly.

OOC: Pass. She is waiting for Paleon to react, so Tenshi may post now and I'll post later.

Captain Paleon Graal

The captain stopped, meeting the girl's eyes. For a moment, there was a passionate animal behind his eyes. They dropped sowly down Yaara's body, then rose back to her eyes. Then the captain's lips spread into a lopsided grin. The primal fire in his eyes receded. It was there now. A passion that once awakened wouldn't go out again. But the fire was banked. "A pitty they were such cowards. I would have enjoyed seeing you in action." He offerd his am once more, "Shall we continue?"

"Seeing me in action you want?" Yaara had to grin enigmatically at the suggestion, and at the slight ambiguity a person with a dirty mind might be able to construct onto it. "Where we are heading my guess is that your wish will be granted soon enough, whether we want to or not." Or was he sugesting she put up a show on deck of his ship for his sailors? Nah, her own imagination was getting the better of her, who was the one with the dirty mind now?

Why exactly she had refused the captain's advance she knew not. In such situations she followed her mood, and this time that required mood had ... not been there.

"But yes, let's continue. The sooner we end those Frezzens the better..."

The party ,makes it to Paleon's ship without further incident. A burly gentleman meets them as they board. He was Smee, the first mate. "Well how grand of you to grace with your presence captain. Shall I bust out the wine to celebrate?" said Smee in greeting. He then turned to Yaara and got an eyeful. "And who are you Madam? Though I love the presence of a beautiful woman as much as the next man, the Storm Mothers get jealous at the site of one. If you plan to book passage, you might want to stay below deck."

Captain Paleon Graal

Paleon grinned at the first mate's greeting. "Mr. Smee, you always are looking for an excuse to celebrate. Save the fine wine and extra rum for the victory celebrations soon to come.

"Allow me to present my lovely companion. This is Yaara. Yaara, my first mate, Smee. A fine man of a line of fine men.

“Mr. Smee, please inform the crew that Yaara is welcome on deck. Should the Storm Mother's take umbrage, my advise to every man on board is to stay out of her way.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom