Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Graphics Card Issues.

I'mBlue

Super-Earth
Hey there, the gtx 960 I ordered to replace my old 660 ti finally came in, the only problem is that it isn't working. I followed all the instructions, uninstalling the drivers from the old graphics card, making sure the PCIe slots on the mother board are compatible, making sure my power supply will have enough juice to support the new card, etc. However, when I put the new card in the case and restart the computer, it doesn't turn on and allow me to install the new drivers. Instead, it makes a beeping noise and freezes on the motherboard splash screen. I've tried working it out with Nvidia customer service, but they just think that it's a bad card. If that's the case, then I just wasted $220, so I thought I'd come here and see if anyone could help me before I have to go through the hassle of trying to return the card and getting either a replacement or a refund.

The card is probably bad, but a list of your major components would be useful.

Mitsu said:
The card is probably bad, but a list of your major components would be useful.

I'll rattle off the list of major components
PSU: Rosewill 600W.
CPU: i7 3770S
GPU: Gigabyte gtx 960 4gb version (new), MSI 660 ti old.
Mobo: Intel DB75EN

I think those are all the major components that would have an effect on this.

I'm not going to spell it out, but this article should be informative enough: http://www.pcworld.com/article/187437/how_to_update_your_bios.html

Back
Top Bottom