Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Devil May Cry for me and Xanatos

Arella18

Star
((Not my normal character but meh...I wanted to use this one just once))
Name: Eva Redgrave
Species: Part Demon
Appearance: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Arella16_07/My%20RPCs/AnimeWarrioress.jpg
Eva looked up at the building that had been her homes for the past thirteen years and wiped tears from her eyes. â??Are you sure about this?â? Alastor asked her. She nodded and looked at the sword on her back. â??Of course Iâ??m sureâ? She answered him â??I canâ??t stay here anymore.â? She turned from the building and sighed softly as she started walking. The only things she had with her were black and white pistols named Luce and Ombraâ?¦as well as her favorite Devil Arms Alastor and Ifrit. She knew that it made her look weak to run away but she couldnâ??t handle living here anymore. Not once did she look back as she walked down the street.

9 years laterâ?¦[/i]

Eva shook the memory out of her head and sighed softly. Sheâ??d grown up a lot in the past nine years. At first, sheâ??d started to become like her dad sarcastic and funny, but now she was serious and would do whatever it took to get what she needed. Climbing off the motorcycle, she took her helmet off and set it on the seat. â??Well here goesâ? She said to herself and walked up to the door. With a deep breath, she pushed the door open and looked at the desk her father usually sat at and saw someone else sitting there.

Re: Devil May Cry open to me and the first person to reply.

Name: Xanatos Loveless
Species: Human (Or so he believes)
Appearance: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk417/Iceman09_1/Sieg_Wahrheit.jpg">http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk41 ... hrheit.jpg</a><!-- m -->
The lone warrior entered the silent town. The clicking of his boots were the only sound that greeted his ears. "Strange..." He said quietly. "I wonder where everyone is..." He continued striding further into the city. His hand rose to lift the necklace around his neck to his eyes. "Just who are you?" He questioned, examining the name on the back of the medallion. "Xanatos..." He released the chain and allowed it to fall to his chest once again. Perhaps this town would produce answers for the swordsman.

His eyes shifted to see what looked like a woman in a red coat entering a building. She was armed to the teeth. It was likely that she wasn't just here for a visit. He began approaching the building in silence. She might now a little about what was going on around here.

Eva looked at the person behind the desk and clenched her fist in anger. Without much thought she went forward and slammed a fist into the desk. "Who the hell do you think you are" She growled "This is my father's desk". The man behind the counter merely stared at her. "The original proprieter of this shop has sold it to me" He said in a calm voice "It appears he had some more pressing matters to take care of". She snarled her hand going for her gun. "Then where is he" She demanded "I need to know". The man behind the desk gave a light sigh and just looked at her. "I don't know...I do not care...now please leave my shop before I call the authorities" He said unafraid "I own this shop now legally and whoever it is your looking for...I'm afraid you'll have to look somewhere else". She was tempted to shoot him on the spot but that wasn't her. "Very well" She said trying to maintain her anger "But don't get comfy here...this may be your shop now but it won't be for much longer". She turned and walked out of the shop not sure why she made that threat.

Xanatos froze by the doorway when he heard the commotion and quickly moved away and pressed up against the wall. Waiting for her to exit before making his move. Hearing the tell tale sound of angry foot steps he took a more casual stance, crossing his arms and leaning back on the wall. "Didn't catch you at a bad time did I?" Xanatos asked as he pushed off from the wall and began walking towards the woman.

"I need information. Maybe you've got some?" He asked, reaching his pocket. "I need to find this place. From what I've been told it's somewhere here in town." He said as he pulled a photograph from his pocket. The picture was of an old bar, featuring himself and an older gentleman. "It's imparitive that I find this location."

She turned at the strange voice one of her guns drawn before he could blink. "Who the hell are you" She demanded fixing him with a glare. When he pulled out the photo she glanced at it then looked up at him. "Can't help you" She said not holstering her gun "I only work for pay". That was another thing she would only work if she got paid. "I suggest you try inside if you want a free job" She added. It wasn't that she was purposefully coming off calous she just didn't think beating around the bush would help in this situation.

Xanatos sighed. "I'm only looking for directions." Staring at the gun pointed at him for a moment he moved to rub the back of his head. "Relax, I'm not an enemy." He said quietly. "I can see your in a rush. I'll just go inside for directions." He said turning away from her and approaching the stairs. "I'd suggest being more careful who you point your guns at." The swordsman said without turning to face her. "It could get you into trouble."

"Heh...trouble...you've no idea what trouble is stranger" She said lowering her gun but opting not to holster it. One man wasn't trouble, she'd taken down hordes of demons with just a sword. "I don't need instructions from a lightweight" She added just to be a bitch. She holstered her gun and turned away starting down the steps. If he tried anything she could be in Devil Trigger and have him pinned before he laid a scratch on her.

Xanatos' hand came to rest on the doorknob. "Holstering that mouth of yours from time to time might not be such a bad idea either." He said turning to look over his shoulder at her. "Drive safe. I'd hate to see you end up as just a wasted stain." With that he pulled the door open and entered the building. Hopefully she'd be the only difficult person around here to deal with.

She pretended to ignore that comment she didn't want to start a brawl with some stranger. Hopping onto her bike she revved the engine and sped off towards a hotel. She had to figure out where her father was and why he left. "Eva...you alright" She heard Alastor's voice in her head. She didn't answer back just kept her focus on driving.

The man behind the large desk inside the shop looked up as someone entered thinking it might have been Eva again. He was pleased to see a different person. "How may I help you sir" He asked hoping it was a job. He hadn't had one in awhile and was getting restless.

Xanatos paused as he heard the motorcycle leave. A small sigh escaping his lips. Hopefully their paths wouldn't cross again, and if they did, hopefully it would be a more peaceful encounter. Shaking the thought from his mind he continued deeper into the building. He glanced up to see the man behind the desk and offered a small nod in acknowledgement.

"I'm just looking for directions." He said as he set the photograph in his hand on the desk and sliding it forward. "I don't suppose you know where this place is? It's very important that I find it."

Eva went to a bar she'd been to as a kid, she'd only ever drunk tomato juice like her father but not anymore. "Yo barkeep gimme the strongest drink ya got" She said rudely as she sat down on a bar stool. The bartender nodded and fixed her a drink, sliding it across the bar to her.

The owner of the shop examined the picture. "Yeah if I remember correctly that's the bar down the way" He said "Just turn left out of here go three blocks down and its the first building on the left". The man slid the picture back to him and picked up some papers he was reading.

Xanatos released a sigh of relief. "Thanks alot, stranger." Xanatos said giving the man a nod before collecting the photo and exiting the building. "Three blocks..." He repeated as he stepped out on to the sidewalk. He pocketed his hand before beginning to walk down the block.

After a few minutes, the warrior stopped outside the bar. "This is definately the place." He looked down at the photo in his hands, taking a moment to examine it deeper. It was definately the same place but something felt... different. The swordsman pocketed the photo and proceeded to enter the bar.

Eva sat at the bar trying to get some semblance of drunk but that was impossible. Since she'd been gone she'd developed a completely inhuman tolerance for alcohol. "Hold on...I know you...you're Dante's girl" Someone from down the bar approached her "Eva...right...Hey Gus its Eva". The bartender looked over and recognized her immediately. "Lordy...is that really you Eva...man we ain't seen you in...about 9 years" He said leaning on the bar. She ignored them and continued to slam back drinks. "You know...you're father was real broke up the day you disappeared" Gus said "Where'd you run off to anyway".

Xanatos heard the commotion as he pushed open the door. "Dante? I know that name." He whispered. He paused for a moment to survey the scene before approaching the counter. His hand falling on the shoulder of the man leaning against the bar near the gunslinger he had met earlier. "Excuse me, but the young lady is trying to enjoy her drink." He said in a calm but threatening manner.

The man looked at him and answered "Hey...butt out I've known her since she was a kid". Eva glanced over at the both of them then back to her drink. "Her old man's a friend of mine" He said "Ain't that right Gus". "Just go about your business Bob" Gus answered "Eva don't look like she wants ta be bothered". Bob snorted but stood up and walked away. Eve shot Gus a glance and he said to her "Alright alright I'll leave ya alone too". He walked away to serve another customer while Eva downed another shot. "I didn't need you to step in" She said to him "What did you want anyway".

Xanatos took a seat next to Eva. "I'll assume that to be how people say 'thankyou' around here." He gave the bartender a wave before setting a few bills on the counter. "I'll take whatever she's having." He said with a small smile before reaching into his pocket and pulling the same photo out from before. "I was trying to find my way to this bar. Luckly enough, a kind stranger up the road gave me some directions."

"Assume whatever you want" She said downing another shot. The bartender handed Xanatos a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass before walking away. Eva glanced at the picture than cocked an eyebrow at him. "So...I don't feel sorry for not caring" She said "And if you came here lookin for an apology then you're shit out of luck". She downed another shot and sighed in a mixture of annoyance and sadness.

Xanatos shook his head. "I'm not looking for any kind of apology." He said setting the photo down on the counter before reaching for the bottle. "To be honest, I didn't expect to see you again." Filling the shot glass in front of him before leaning against the counter. He quickly downed the shot glass before looking over at her. He reached for the bottle and refilled her shot glass for her before filling his own. "Say, you don't know anyone named Dante do you?" He asked casually as he swiftly finished another glass.

"I'm from here...so you were bound to run into me again" She said. When he refilled her glass she downed the shot and thought a moment before answering his question. "My father's name is Dante" She said to him "Why?". She wondered if he knew her father, but she wasn't too sure. Gus watched them from behind the bar wondering about the both of them.

Xanatos glanced over at her in surprise before returning his gaze to the whiskey bottle in front of him. "Small world." He said with a forced chuckle. "It's actually the whole reason I'm here." He said before refilling his shot glass. "I was told to find him if things got bad. And well, they really can't get much worse." Downing yet another shot glass before whiping his lips with the back of his glove. "Do you know where he is?"

She sighed softly in a mixture of disappointment and sadness. "No...in fact I'm trying to find him" She said running a hand through her hair "Who told you to find him?". Her father knew alot of people through his work but she wanted to know exactly had told him about her father. She grabbed her own whiskey bottle to refill her shotglass but instead closed it and set it on the bar not in the mood to drink anymore.

Xanatos sighed as he shook his head. "I don't remember. My memories are fragmented and disorganized." He looked down at his empty shot glass before pushing it away and reaching for his wallet to pay for the drinks. "Someone told me to find him. I remember that much. I figure that if I find him, I'll find myself."

She sighed and set her chin on her hand. "Can't remember a thing...huh" She said to herself "That doesn't sound half bad". There were alot of things she wanted to forget...memories that kept her up at night. "Well...I don't know where he is...and I doubt I could help you find him" She told him. Her father probably wouldn't want to see her anyway not after the way she'd left. "So what do you actually remember" She asked.

Xanatos sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm not really sure." He said sadly. "Like I said, the few memories I do have are fragmented and disorganized." Xanatos took a moment to think about it. "The last thing I remember, was... Demons. Lots of demons. The chaos was unbearable. When I awoke I was in an empty apartment in the center of a ghost town. No sign of life or struggle. That's when that memory kept repeating. "Find Dante." So here I am." He tapped his finger on the photo. "I thought that finding this bar would provide me with some answers, but I guess I was mistaken."

She assumed that he must have been attacked by demons or something. "Hmm...sounds bad" She said tapping her chin "I don't know where you'll find Dante". She didn't even know where to find him herself much less telling him. "But I'm a demon hunter as well...and I could use a good job right about now" She said with a shrug. She set some money on the counter and stood up. "Though not sure how I can help you" She said to him.

Back
Top Bottom