Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ZOMBIEPOCALYPSE - Updated Pg.1 - 12/22/09 -

Do you like the new scenario?

• Yay.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs work.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

The Broken Lunatic

Super-Earth
Anyone?

I'm thinkin' original characters, maybe possibly characters from the movie.

Or maybe just a general Zombie Apocalypse RP?

Update - 12/11/09

Hey guys! Guess what?!

Vampire Seduction approached me with a similar zombiepocalypse roleplay but I told him that I had this one in the works, so we decided to combine the two!

Here's his little newsletter:
vampire seduction said:
Alright, the time you all have waited for has come: thy unveiling of the RP! First I must say that this thread has now become a hybrid being under the care of both The_Broken_Lunatic and myself, as she was to create her own thread similar to my own. With that said, I has details for you all:

This thread with first and foremost be loosely GMed. Unlike many Group RPs, which I consider to be old school, where the thread creator plays the role of most NPCs and seeks to actively propel the characters through the story, in this thread the story belongs mostly in the hands of the players. BL and I shall be players such as yourselves, more or less, and together we will work on behind the scenes plots to make things interesting. It is the job of all of us to make this seem as wonderfully, and horrifically, realistic as possible (in regards to how the survival of our characters will play out.

We will make the story, bringing our own elements into play. We will interact, explore, fight for our lives in this world. There is practically no limit to what we can do, so long as it makes sense in the RP. Basically, play out your character as if you are truly trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world which just happens to contain a fair amount of zombies.

Now, we will be centering this thread in America. Not North America, the United States. Canada and Mexico can be options, however for the sake of simplicity we should all start somewhere in the US. You might wonder what I mean by 'somewhere'. Well, there is no requirement in starting together. We could all start in different cities across the country or we could be clumped in certain ones. The choice is yours. Of course, if you are off on your own (we should be seeking to meet up somehow, have some kind of goal in mind as you go about posting and traveling) then you will likely be seeking out other survivors and trying to stick to the old logic of safety in numbers and basically just stay alive.

You can also make up NPCs that are currently with or maybe you run into someone. Perhaps you stumble across a group of survivors and decide to shack up with them. Just remember: People will be highly suspicious and cautious of newcomers, likely putting them on strict watch until they are certain there is no risk of infection. But yes, you can create a little band of survivors to keep you company.

I should also make one thing clear: characters can, and will, die. It's reality, and you better be damned sure that if this was real, people would be dying for whatever reason. While I said that we wouldn't be driving things, I'm sure there will be times that NPC attacks will occur at our hands, just to keep it interesting. If we decide someone dies then so be it (though it'd prolly be discussed first and we wouldn't be dicks about it). You will be expected to RP out the majority of attacks, whether they be finished in one post or twenty, because what fun is it if you never fight some zombies?

At present, over 90% of the US is dead or turned to walking corpses. This means that survivors are in a vast minority. The zombies in this thread are fast and strong (though not superhuman, just above human) and also intelligent to a point. They are primarily active at night, though they are always 'awake'. They can move and act during the day but they are weakened; which still makes them just about a match for the average human. Infection spreads through bodily fluids, usually blood and saliva and typically caused by zombie fluids being absorbed into the bloodstream or ingested.

Military bases are a decent bet for places to survive. Many, at least the smaller ones, can be quite defensible, though they are in no way immune to attack or possibly in one piece by the time they are reached.

Now, since this point was one of conflict for some of you, I should take the time to mention what sort of characters can be played. There will be some aspect of fantasy to this thread, but it will be strictly limited. Once-human creatures are allowed. Human-like creatures are not. There is a difference. The first is anything such as genetically altered humans, vampires, lycans, etc. The latter type is elves, faeries, ogres, etc. Vampires were once human, elves are a totally separate race. See the difference? As for magic... that's a different story. Very restrictive and not likely to be seen. In fact, the only way I see magic working would be if you played an angel or demon or something, which I don't really consider magic but whatever. What I am trying to get at is that everything mentioned above is limited, as most of the players should be human, and anything fantasy-like should be run by BL and myself.

Also, in regards to infections, vampires and lycans and such and some humans are immune to the virus. However, you are not immune to getting eaten. You're forewarned with that. We won't abide godmoddery, not that I think any of you would do that anyways, just sayin.

Update - 12/22/09

Thread has been created.
Click here.​

My sincerest apologies for not having posted. I have one started, I just have been busy and took an impromptu break from RPing. I hope everyone is still interested

Guys, as much as I hate to say this, but I'm gonna have to take a step back from the RPing bidnez for a bit. Besides, there's been a few string of issues that's been coming up as of recently that's been kinda gnawing at me more than a slew of zombies. Not to worry, though. I'll still be hanging around. Just gonna focus more on mod duties before I get back into the RP scene once more.

No worries BB, it's understandable and you can pick up anytime.

ZARP isn't dead, just business and all. I've been busy at work with my new role out in the field as opposed to sitting at the call center, so I've been tired and my brain has been disengaged.

But I'm working on my post slowly, should be posted soon though

Back
Top Bottom