Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sengoku Diceless: Chanabara Adventures!

Zeth

Supernova
The farming village of Kadano, near the mountains of Hei, was a quiet place until a local family was slaughtered in their home. Rumor circulates around the village that the killer is a rampaging oni - a demonic goblin who lives in the mountains. The players are a collection of rag-tag heroes who either live in the village or are passing
through at the time the oni’s murder is revealed. If any of the PCs are not from Kadano, the headman (a retired artisan named Tanida Kazushiga) can offer them accommodations in his home for the duration of their stay.

The scene opens with The PCs gather around the village headman’s house, the local source of social activity and gossip. It’s a daily ritual that many in the village indulge in, but everyone can tell that something is different today. The villagers are muttering about the murder of the Kishida family on the outskirts of Kadano.

Kaguya was just passing through the village of Kadano, performing her duty of healing the ill and blessing the lands (among other services). She had only planned to stay in the village for three days before moving on, but when she heard about the possible oni attack, she decided it's within her deity's purview to hunt down evil spirits and she should stay and help the village with it. Besides, if she can help them defeating a dangerous monster, it'd no doubt leave them an impression and make converting them so much easier.

Kaguya was staying in the headman's house like other travelers, so she's one of the first to arrive at the gathering. The atmosphere definitely felt a bit tense, what's with all the uncertain murmurs and nervous whispers and all. It didn't seem like the villagers know much more about the murder either, apart from the fact that the oni probably lives in the mountains. Kaguya spent a quiet moment sipping her morning tea, before she let out a sigh and ask: "If I were to go after the oni in the mountains, who would be with me?"

They say that last night, the father, mother, and baby son were all brutally killed, and many of their possessions taken. There hasn’t been any bandit activity in the area for as long as anyone can remember, so the sudden killing and thievery is shocking. One of the villagers, a young boy named Yataka, claims that he saw the attacker while he was walking home from a late night in the fields. The murderer, Yataka claims, had large horns and fangs and carried a tetsubo (an iron staff). He must have been an oni! There will be a variety of reactions to this information, ranging from superstitious terror to utter disbelief.

However, regardless of whether he’s a bandit or an oni, the killer must be stopped. Kazushiga will offer 20 ryo to each man who helps in bringing the murderer to justice. It’s good money, but many of the villagers are terrified to take on the oni, leaving only the PCs to accept the offer.

"I suggest we investigate the Kishida home for clues first," said a young man in Ashiguri uniform. He was Ryo Sanada, a soldier in the local lord's army. He was on his way to the city when he visited the town for the night to rest. "I believe it is some bandit in a mask rather then a true Oni. But murder and banditry must be punished in either case. I will personally help bring this end to justice on my Lord's behalf," said Ryo Sanada.

"Huh. I hadn't actually considered that until now." Kaguya blinked in surprise when Sanada purposed that maybe it wasn't an oni after all, but rather just a bandit pretending to be an oni. Which is the more likely scenario, really, but she got so worked up by the idea of an evil oni that she didn't think about the other possibilities at all. "I'm Kaguya, a miko from the Kanayama shrine." Kaguya beamed and offered a hand to Sanada. While Kanayama shrine isn't a major shrine, it enjoys some fame (some may say infamy) from its unorthodox beliefs. "You must be a very smart person." of course, given how Kaguya had abandoned any resemblance of academic pursuits to focus on her Shinto trainings, almost anyone is smart compared to her. "May I offer you my assistance in your investigations, if that won't cause you too much troubles?"

"I would be honored Miss Kaguya. I am Ryo Sanada. You may call me Ryo. Anyone good with a bow will come in handy today," He said. Ryo took her and gave it a polite shake. He heard that Kaguya was a fine archer, among other things. "Well to the house then," he says and makes his way to the crime scene. He was currently carrying only his sword, leaving his armor and spear back at the headmn's house. "Do you need to get your gear before we go?" he asks looking Kaguya over.

"The honor is all mine. And please, just Kaguya is fine." Kaguya smiled as she shook Ryo's hand. "Allow me to retrieve my bow and arrows and I'll be ready to go." she said before she departed for her room then soon returned with her yumi and a quiver of arrows. "All right, let us depart for the scene of the crime." she nodded at him and followed him all the way to the crime scene.

"Very well Kaguya. Off we go," says Ryo with a smile. You arrive at the Kishida home before dusk. in the Kishida home they find that the eta have taken the bodies of the Kishida family away and cleaned up the home, so that no one has to touch the corpses or the blood. Inside, the house is a shambles, as if there had been a huge fight within. A walk through the house reveals that very little of value remains, although it is hard to tell if the possessions were taken by the Oni or the eta.

"Tetsubo marks, I would recognize that weapon anywhere. The assailant had to be large and strong to cause this. Let's see if there are other clues," said Ryo as he examined a table mashed during the fight.

(Routine awareness check to notice anything. You may try to use another ability and/or skill if it makes sense.)

"Ummm..." Kaguya, clueless as she was, probably couldn't find the proverbial smoking gun even if it was pointed at her face. Instead, she focused on trying to recall everything she knew about the onis in the Shinto teachings, to see if there's anything that could help her tell whether this was a real oni attack or not, and if it was, perhaps it would also give her some valuable insights about the behavior of the oni.

(Gonna go with Reasoning -1 and Shinto Expert. If Shinto isn't the right skill for it, I figure she'd just recall some useless trivia that has nothing to do with the task at hand.)

Are you spending any luck or experience points to boost the effort? Right now it is 3-1, so you hit 2 Exactly.

Kaguya finds amidst all of the activity around the house, a single set of tracks leading towards the rocky edge of Kadano, but it is impossible to follow the tracks once they reach the mountains, and they could spend weeks wandering through the Hei looking for the killer. All the party can do is wait until the next attack.

Her expert knowledge of Shinto also point out that the attacker is indeed an Oni. Simply killing the physical body of an Oni is not enough. She will also need to perform an exorcism on it's spirit, or the Oni will return.

"I am afraid I have some bad news." Kaguya told Ryo when she returned from her own little investigation into the tracks. "Based on what they taught me about onis in the shrine, I'm fairly certain that this is, in fact, an oni attack." she said pointing to the track that leads into the mountains. "It did escape into the mountains, but we have no way to track it there, so all we can do is to wait for it to return." she let out a small sigh before continuing: "It gets worse: simply killing the oni will not stop it. Its spirit needs to be exorcised for it to stay dead. The one silver lining here is that I can perform the spell of exorcism myself."

Ryo looks over the tracks then to Kaguya. "Well it seems I'll be extending my stay in the village until this Oni is dealt with. This spirit stuff is out of my pureveiw. But you have my sword Kaguya," replies Ryo to the news. He then looks to the Shrine Maiden and asks,"So should we wait at the headman's house?"

"Thank you; I feel much more assured with a strong warrior such as yourself by my side." Kaguya smiled when Ryo pledged his sword to the extermination of the oni. "And yes, let us return to the Tanida-san's house." she nodded at the proposal. "We should inform him of whatever we found here, then rest up so we will be fully prepared when the oni comes to attack. Hopefully, we would be able to stop is this time."

BadAnime said:
"I am afraid I have some bad news." Kaguya told Ryo when she returned from her own little investigation into the tracks. "Based on what they taught me about onis in the shrine, I'm fairly certain that this is, in fact, an oni attack." she said pointing to the track that leads into the mountains. "It did escape into the mountains, but we have no way to track it there, so all we can do is to wait for it to return." she let out a small sigh before continuing: "It gets worse: simply killing the oni will not stop it. Its spirit needs to be exorcised for it to stay dead. The one silver lining here is that I can perform the spell of exorcism myself."

x4jevP2_zpss0v97x9h.png

“Good,” a huge, burly samurai called out as he strode up to join them. The kensei's manner was far more boisterous than was decorous in a nation where a man was expected to be strong and stoic. “I thought I had an opportunity to face some tengu last month, but they proved to be simple bandits in masks. A true oni will be a worthy challenge.”

He gave a smile that was almost reserved enough to count as stoic and bowed to the priestess with respect appropriate to her station. “I just offered my services to the Headman to deal with this brute. He sent me to join you. I believe I heard you wish to head back to his home and prepare for future attacks?”

He turned to Ryo, a little bit of amusement in his eyes, “Ryo-san.” he gave the ashigaru a bow as well, but one that clearly indicated he was doing so from higher station. “It will be good to work with you again. I trust you've continued your training?” He gave the slightest smile to indicate there was some friendly needling involved.

"Katashi-sensei!" Ryo exclaims to the large samurai. He then remembers his place and gives the other man a much deeper bow in return. He gives a slightly embarrassed look and adds,"Not as much as I would like. I been in the field and trying to return to the city. Kagura, this is Kasuga Katashi. He is a Kensai in my clan and taught me everything about weapons. With him on our side that Oni doesn't stand a chance." Ryo then nods and says,"Well I suppose we must wait back in the village for this despicable fiend."

"Yes, I believe we should go back and rest up, in preparation for the next attack of the oni." Kaguya said to Katashi in a more formal tone before Ryo introduced his sensei with great enthusiasm. "Oh my, what a wonderful coincidence!" she laughed a little in delight, and her tone and mannerism became more casual. "It mus be the will of the kami, to bring us three here so we can defeat the oni and return peace to the people." she said with a bright smile. "I believe we should have a round of drinks in honor of the kami."

With the introductions done we close the Scene. All abilities refresh.

After returning to the village with the news, the Headman agrees with your plan. This lead to drinking of sake and catching up to pass the time. It is nighttime with a full moon out giving you all dim light. The headman and his family have retired to there rooms with our three heroes in the common room with nothing but a bottle of sake and each other to stay awake and watch for the Oni.

"How is your shrine different from other Shinto shrine's Kahuya-san?" Ryo asks. He was trying to fend off the silence and was genuinely curious.

"We aren't that different, really, but the other priests like to exaggerate the differences." Kaguya laughed out loud, her demeanor not only casual but also quite relaxed, becoming more talkative and affectionate as she downed the sake. "Our shrine went all the back to the time of the Ainu people, you know? There was this legend about this demonic vagina dentata, which was defeated by the steel penis Kanamara..."

She went on a long exposition to explain the practice of martial arts and sacred prostitution in Kanamara shrine, along with the spiritual meaning behind it. "One of our teachings is actually 'Always provide fertility and pleasure to those who seek it'." she giggled at that, her cheeks turning red from the alcohol. "Like, if someone asked me to let them fuck me or to have their children, I literally can't say no to them. At all."

Katashi didn’t drink much himself, he didn't want to be plastered if the oni showed up again that night. But he was more than vulnerable to other distractions. As the festivities began, the big kensei knelt on a mat beside Kaguya. He poured her sake—it's very lonely to pour you own sake—and snickered a little at the foundation story of her temple. He found himself growing progressively more interested as the chat went on—it helped that he could get a nice gander at her cleavage from his position, and frequently found himself laughing along with her.

“Is that so?” Katashi inquired at the end. He reached around the miko's waist and stroked her arm, then ran the backs of his fingers down the line of her ear. “So, if Ryo and I were to want to get a better look at your body, you'd let us take you out of this kimono?”

His arm slipped under her arm then, and he cupped her left breast, taking it's weight in his hot palm. “I'd love to see if these are as beautiful as I imagine...”

"I can't...refuse..." Kaguya whimpered drunkenly when Katashi caressed her arm and ear, offering them a good look at her cleavage as the front of her kimono became undone. "If you want my body...I'll have to offer myself..." she moaned a little as she felt his hot palm through the fabric, cupping her ample breasts in his hand. "Do whatever you please with me..." she giggled and undid the top of her kimono altogether, baring her large and perfectly shaped tits in front of the two men. "I live to serve men and the kami..."

Ryo was in shock for a moment. He watched the whole scene between his master and Kaguya. The moment she said 'Do what ever you please' and started to disrobe he snapped out of his stupor. The young solider stepped forward and kissed Kaguya hard. His tongue exploring her mouth. His hand started to explore between her legs and caress the inside of her thighs then over her womanhood. "I want to kiss you down here. May I?" Ryo asked permission. He starts to sink to his knees.

Katashi laughed as Ryo siezed first claim on the drunken shrine maiden's lips. He let her shove her kimono down and then gave her breast a good squeeze, molding it gently, but giving the nipple a firm pinch...

When Ryo relinquished the girl's lips Katashi rumbled, “Always in such a hurry, Ryo.” He leaned close and claimed Kaguya's lips in a hot and heavy kiss. “A girl like this should be savored.”

He kissed her again, growling as he wrestled with the shire maiden’s tongue, then kissed his way down her throat, then her chest, towards one of her succulent young breasts.

"Yes!" Kaguya answered Ryo's question with a lewd groan while he caressed her thighs and womanhood; he could tell that she wore nothing underneath the kimono and she was already dripping wet. "Oh, yes!"

When Katashi pinched her nipples they're already hard and erect, and the soft flesh of her tits bounced erotically in his hands. Her moans grew louder and her breathing gets faster as the two played with her.

"I am savoring her," replied Ryo to Katashi. The soldier kissed along her body softly as he undid her pants and tossed them aside. He was a tad surprised she had no underwear. The sight of Kaguya's bare and glistining perfect pussy made him instantly rock hard. There was no teasing, Ryo right in and began licking, kissing, and sucking Kaguya's pussy. He was like a starving man presented with a feast.

Back
Top Bottom