A Civilian Affair (MimxDaddysLittleSkank)

Madam Mim

One Big Modern Mess
The music--a weird mix of jazz, ska, and big band--was loud and the room was dark. The food was...decent, but most people seemed to be here for the liquor. The band had made themselves up as flamboyantly-painted sugar skulls, just to make themselves more memorable. There were people dancing, laughing, having a good time...most definitely not the kind of place Spencer normally would have found himself on a Friday night.

"How did you even find out about this place?" Morgan asked, crinkling his nose a little.

"Oh I'm friends with the singer," Garcia shouted over the music, pointing to the woman on stage. "Cool band, right?"

"Uh...yeah." he didn't look convinced. "Anyway, c'mon Baby Girl." He began to pull her out on the dance floor with a glance back at Spencer. "C'mon pretty boy, there's lots of girls dying for you to ask 'em to dance." He grinned and winked before pulling Garcia out amongst the other couples on the dance floor.

The music changed after a brief dedication to the singer's friend, obviously meant to egg on Garcia and Morgan. Garcia made a flapping motion with her hand at the singer and pinkened in the dark club, but certainly didn't shy from the opportunity.

The band played one more song, during which the singer kept glancing over to the bar. She'd seen Penelope over there with her friends earlier but they'd left one behind. He was kinda cute, though he looked lonely in the crowded club sitting at the bar all by himself. After the song they set up some music to play while they took a break between sets. Most of the band went back to the greenroom, but Nora went to the bar instead, taking a seat one stool down from the skinny man her eye had kept getting drawn to. After ordering her drink she looked over at him.

"Haven't seen you here before," she remarked casually.

"This isn't how I usually spend Friday night." Spencer said turning said turning away from his drink of water to face the woman. "A friend brought me here. She thought I needed to be more social."

The truth was he would rather be home reading instead of being a crowded club. "You were really good up there." He said. "And your make up looks good. Sugar skulls are actually made of sugar cane and sometimes flavored with vanilla."

"Yeah I saw you here with Penny," she replied with a nod. "Which one are you then? I'm Nora." She held out her hand to shake.

Nora smiled when he complimented her, creating a weird effect with her makeup smile over her real one. "Thank you. Yeah I ah, I figured sugar skulls would be made from, y'know, sugar." She chuckled and shifted a little. "You don't look like you're comfortable here. Want me to get Penny to take you home?"

Back
Top Bottom