Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

X-Men: Apex Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy1

Super-Earth
tumblr_medvc44a3A1r2phopo1_1280.jpg

EPISODE 1: INTRODUCTIONS ARE IN ORDER

02200 HOURS
THE CITY OF WASHINGTON DC

FRANCISCAN MONASTARY GARDENS

The Gardens should be closed by now, at least to the public who come from all over to feel a sense of peace, to smell the beauty around them, but it is not. Several nondescript bodyguards stand at attention and keep watch over all entrances, their hands clasped together in front of their business-like attire.

Sitting on a park bench are two men, one a balding and liver spotted old man with an American Flag pinned to his person and horn rimmed glasses, he has a definite air of a politician about him. The second of the two of them is a suave, blond haired gentleman wearing a black and white dress shirt and blazer, his shirt's top buttons undone in the heat.

In the younger man's hands is an average sized manila envelope, the young man drops his package on the old politician's lap, and waits silently as he opens it up and pulls several unseen photographs from within and takes a long sigh before putting them back and handing the manila envelope back to him.

"Who are they?" The young man asks, breaking the informal silence,

The old politician stares straight ahead at a rosebush before speaking, "i've always thought of humanity as a beautiful rose, such wonderful colors and varieties, smells that make you think back to simpler times, and the feeling of the delicate petals. Don't get me started," he laughed and wiped a sentimental tear from his eyes,

"What does a rose have to do with anything?" The young man asked with a raise of his perfect blond eyebrow,

"You didn't let me finish," the old man said and finally looked the less educated young man in the eye, "while humanity is like a rose, a rose has it's thorns. The thorns in this context are this new, so-called mutant issue. They are there solely to do harm to those who want nothing more than to admire the rose,"

"Oh," The young man said and nodded, "you want me to prune some roses?" He asked with a wink,

The old man began to stand, and was approached by an assistant to his security detail who handed him his cane, and in a matter of fact tone he spoke, "in a manner of speaking,"

THE STREETS OF WASHINGTON DC- THE NEXT DAY

"These mutants are becoming an issue, it's one thing for some punk kid to go around egg someone's house or tag up a respectable business-"

"A young man with the power to make other see what isn't there was arrested earlier today for stealing almost 1,000,000 from a Wells Fargo-"

"These kids are running about making such a mess of things, when are we going to say enough is enough? When is the government going to do something about this mutant proble-"

A young man turned off his expensive and LED lit up car stereo, before turning his attention back to the city skyline. Beside him a blond model type was hanging onto him, playing with his smooth brown hair,

"I was listening to that," she said with a fake pouty-face,

"Really?" The guy asked and looked over at her in faked astonishment, he had his Lamborghini parked atop an empty parking structure, because sometimes he liked his space,

"No Wally Bear," she teased him and leaned for a brief make out session, "that stuff totes bores me,"

"Yeah," Wally, or Walt as he perferred to be called, "me too," he said with a shrug and looked back over the city. Walt Ashmore was a very rich young man who's image was that of an irresponsible party boy, the playboy son and heir to Ashmore Congolmerate, the family business that liked to buy other businesses and if they didn't make profit, then they would simply be forgotten about, dusted under the financial rug so speak.

So needless to say, his family was both loved and hated, but mostly hated.

"Who wants to listen to people bagging on mutants anyway, we just go out on the streets and do that ourselves," he joked, but if his lady friend were a little less blond she would've known that he was keeping his real feelings about the New Mutant situation a big secret,

"Ooh, speaking of the streets," she said with a girl-ish squee, "there's a rave going on tonight, if you want to go,"

"Do you really gave to ask me that?" He asked ger with a laugh before starting his car up and backing out, "where at?"

"Some abandoned hospital," she said trying to think of the name in her head, "saint something or other,"

"St. Elizabeth?" Walt asked as he drove around the corkstrew-ed road that led down to the street,

"Yeah that's the one," she giggled and rolled down her window and let the hair blow about her hair.

"Sounds like a plan,"

Mary smiled seductively while she danced to the tune of "Do You Wanna Touch Me" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, shaking her shapely butt and taking off her knickers to show off the white panties beneath. Her smile grew wider as she watched the number of viewers and thus her bank account climbed steadily, and she finished by flapping up her tank top, showing them her underboobs and maybe just a little bit of her nipples. "And that's all for today, folks!" she smiled as she cut the feeds and read the comments on her channel, flattered by people's enthusiasm about her body and their disappointment in not being able to see more. "You don't pay me enough to make me bare it all, though!" she chuckled to herself as she put her webcam away and put her clothes back on, satisfied with a good day's work and good income.

Just then, her phone rang. The ring tone was a distinctly low-pitched sound in her ears, its wavelength stretched out to infinity in her subjective time. She grabbed it and took the call. "Hello?" she said, and a young man's voice came though the phone. "Where are you? The Prof's about to take a roll call!" Jason's rushed whispers were barely comprehensible to Mary, not because of the low volume, but because each word came out of his lips so slowly. "Frack!" Mary cursed under her breath when she looked at the time on her smartphone: a full ten minutes late. "I'll be right there!" she told Jason, hung up and fired up the stopwatch app. The times starts at 00:00:00. From her off-campus apartment to the school building is about 2 miles, give or take. She grabbed all of her stuffs, hit the start on the app, and began to walk.

"A full ten minutes late now, Miss Maxwell." the professor gave Mary a dirty look as she strolled into the classroom, barely breaking a sweat or breathing hard. "Next time you're late again, may I suggest that you run, otherwise simply sharing the same last name as a founding Father of electrical engineering will not save your grades." the professor grinned at that, though judging from the silence none of the students found the joke particularly funny. "Roger that, Captain!" Mary replied to the sarcasm with an energetic salute, before sitting down next to Jason. "Where the hell were you?" he asked. "How did you get here so fast?" she put a delicate finger onto her lips and peeked at the time on the stopwatch app: a little more than 3 seconds. Damn she was totally off her game today! "A gentleman doesn't ask, a lady doesn't tell."

Student, stripper, and the faster woman alive. Man triple life is a bitch.

Yvvone was busy cleaning a toilet in the house where she worked. Since moving to America years ago, Yvvone had scraped and scratched just to get by. Being an illegal immigrant from Poland, Yvvone usually worked under the table at whatever job she had been fortunate enough to land. Her current job, she'd gotten by chance. She worked as a waitress in the evenings at a seedy dive bar. One night, in walks this woman who clearly doesn't belong in that type of place. One thing led to another, and soon, she and Yvvone were in a hotel tearing into each other. As it would later turn out, that woman was the wife of Senator Bridges, and then offered Yvvone a job as a maid in her home. Needless to say, the Senator's wife liked having the help she now did.

Yvvone hadn't working for people. She had been a second class citizen her whole life. What's more, people often treated her differently because of her accent (even though she had mastered perfect english, as well as Spanish thanks to the places she'd lived and worked) and because she was not a citizen. Her life hung in the balances of people's hands most days, and boy did they like to lord it over her.

As she moved on from the toilet, Yvvone quietly thought to herself how good it would be to just steal these people's money from under them and leave town. but that would raise suspicions, and she had no real desire to screw up the halfway decent life she'd finally managed to cobble together.

"I wonder what a vacation is like." she said aloud in her accent as she moved on to vacuuming the floors.

Peter looked around the hall for the umpteenth time, sighing as Professor Strickland wrote yet another equation on the board. Watching the clouds outside the window float by Peter imagined he could feel the lightning just waiting in the clouds, his abilities sometimes acted up during thunderstorms and beforehand he felt himself building a charge. His hand sparked under the desk, looking nervously around to make sure no one saw swallowed hard and brought his concentration back, letting his hand pass through the desk before resting on his lap.

Looking at his hand Peter wondered while the class buzzed around him, was being a Mutant a disease? A curse? He knew that it was a part of him, the powers, the electricity, they had developed slowly as he aged. It was natural. Mutations, an aberation, or the next step. As he spread his fingers he wondered, was he normal?

When the class closed their books he jarred back to his surroundings and followed the others out, seeing the flyer tacked on the wall outside the door noted it was another rave. A clap on his shoulder jarred him and Trent yelped as the slight shock ran across his friends hand.

"Yow! You have the worst static of anyone I know." Trent shook his hand, tall and wiry thin Trent was dressed in his usual black. Long sleeves, pants two sizes too big, sunglasses that he wore even at night, and the thick, shoulder length hair. Black. If not for the slight tan Trent could come across as Goth, he wanted to be one but only for the girls. "Rave, tonight at St Elizabeths. You and me buddy."

"You just want me to pay for your drinks again," Peter sighed. Trent was fun to hang around with, stuff always happened with him, though he was perennially short of cash, which is where Peter came in. He didn't mind, his parents always gave him money, Peter really didn't want for much so he was always flush, and with Trent he was never bored.

"Maria is going to be there," Trent lowered the sun glasses slightly and wagged his eye brows.

"What time?" Peter asked as they turned, Trent also knew his weaknesses. Maria Talencio was one of them. Tall, buxom, a face that one could die for, and those piercing blue eyes. If she'd go out with him Peter would show her everything, so far she'd resisted.

Trent laughed as they walked down the hall, "that's my boy."

Conner's attention was focused entirely on the screen of his second-hand laptop as it whirred and coughed and wheezed, struggling to keep up with the simple act of streaming a video. Internet service was terrible in his building, and his computer was a piece of crap, but it was just powerful enough to stream a particular webcam show he was quite fond of. He watched the buxom blonde on his screen dance to "Do You Wanna Touch Me", her body swaying evocatively as clothes started coming off. "My, my, my, whiskey and rye..." Conner murmured to himself; the Blackhearts weren't exactly one of his favorites, but he found that he was slowly coming to appreciate their music at least a little more. About halfway through, just when things were getting racier, he heard his phone start to go off. "Dammit..." Conner sighed and closed everything on his computer before shutting the laptop, putting it in instant sleep mode. He couldn't afford access to this site often, but when he could he was sure to use whatever credits he'd mustered on one stream in particular. But some things took precedence over his desire for eye candy, and however inopportune her timing was a call from his grandmother was one of those things.

He cleared his throat before answering, only now noticing that his blood had been pumping faster and his mouth was dry. In the brief moments before pushing 'Accept' to take the call, he mentally noted how lame it was that simply watching a woman on screen could do that to him and that he really needed to get out more. And, on a related note, the sudden tightness in the center of his jeans indicated he really needed to get laid.

"Hey, Grams," Conner said after pushing accept, feeling any and all arousal die as his libido nosedived like a duck suddenly filled with lead. He loved the only family he had left, but sometimes her timing could not be any worse. He tried to keep the mild irritation out of his voice as he spoke. "How are you? Is everything okay?"

"Conner, sweetie, everything's fine," she replied. Her voice made him smile in part because of his affection for her, but also because she sounded like your stereotypical grandmother; the high pitch that almost sounds faded, the slightly-longer-than-normal delay between every word... In short, adorable. "You're always so worried about me, just like your grandfather. I wish you'd spend a little more time worrying about yourself, dear." She sighed and it sounded like she clicked her tongue on her gums, as though a thought had just occurred to her. "Speaking of which, your latest check came in the mail today. It's very sweet of you to send me money, Conner, but I know you don't make much more than what you send and you really should focus more on what you need. You could be saving for a new computer or setting money aside to get you out of that awful apartment... Or at least to get some furniture."

"Grams, I've told you not to worry about it." Conner took a moment to look around his small studio apartment; it was a little awful. He had a twin XL mattress in the corner that barely contained his fully-grown height and a folding card table set up with two collapsible chairs (that, coincidentally, looked to be on the verge of collapsing (much like the building around him)). These items comprised all of his furniture. When he had been watching his favorite show earlier, he had been doing so on the floor with his back against the bed (the actions that usually took place with such activities were ones that he preferred to keep away from the place where he ate) and his computer in his lap. "I'm getting by just fine, I promise. Pretty soon, I'll have enough money to get into a nicer place; one where I won't feel so bad if you come over to have dinner. Maybe I'll even have food that I don't have to cook in the microwave." He spoke with a chuckle as he used his free hand to open the fridge door, only to discover (much to his dismay) that he didn't have anything to cook in the microwave at the moment. He shut the door with a furrowed brow as he scratched his head and looked around the room again. "Besides, I'd rather live cheaply for a while if it means you can stay in the house. Gramps wanted you both to live in that house for your whole lives, and I'm going to make sure you get to keep it until you die at the ripe old age of one-hundred-and-fifty."

"Oh, Conner, you're so sweet. But that's a long time from now, dear, and I don't know about going that long."

"What are you talking about? That's like, what, three or four more years?"

"Conner!" His grandmother replied sharply, and he could tell from her voice she was trying hard to restrain a laugh.

"You know I'm just teasing, Grams," he replied with a wide grin of his own. Then there was a knock at his door. He looked at it, perplexed, and spoke again. "Grams, I gotta go, someone's at the door. Maybe I won a contest and they're delivering my multi-million dollar check. Speaking of which, you make sure you get to the bank and deposit that money. I've already budgeted around it, and I wanna make sure you have cash for all your meds and groceries." The motives were true, but the bit about a budget was laughable.

"Oh, alright, dear, if you're sure."

"I am." He started walking to the door.

"Okay, okay. Be careful, Conner. I love you."

"Love you, too, Grams." With that, he hung up and slipped his phone into his jeans' pocket. He undid the deadbolt on his door and swung it open halfway, peering around the door and into the crack between it and the frame. There stood a young man, right around Conner's age, wearing a comfy looking polo and khakis under a rather expensive looking leather jacket. His outfit, combined with his well-maintained physique and slicked back raven hair, made him stand out like a rich kid on the wrong side of town. Which, actually... Is exactly what Eddie Carpenter was.

"Conner!" Eddie exclaimed, throwing his hands up on either side in an exacerbated "What's up?" gesture. "I hope you're not too busy for your old pal."

"Hardly ever," Conner replied with a grin, opening the door entirely and taking his friend's hand in his own before they both leaned in and bumped their shoulders together while patting the other on the back. It was a gesture they had done countless times since childhood. "What brings you by?" Conner asked as he stepped aside, allowing his friend to enter.

"I'm here to pick you up, man," Eddie came in with a grin, then looked around as though expecting someone. "I thought I heard you talking to someone; were you on the phone? Perhaps with a special lady friend?" Eddie turned back to Conner, wiggling his dark eyebrows and nudging his friend with an elbow.

"Just Grams," Conner replied with chuckle and a roll of his eyes as he closed the door before turning back to his friend.

"Ah; she's special, but not the kind of special I was talking about."

"Yea, I figured that."

"She doin' okay?"

"She's good. Trying to get me to quit sending her money, as usual." He shrugged and started for the fridge, then stopped in his tracks and laughed (mostly to himself). "I'd offer you a beer, but uh..."

"All out, huh?"

"As per usual." Conner answered with a grin; his lack of funds didn't bother him much. Sure, he'd love to have all the nice things in life like beer and food in the fridge, a stove to cook on and utensils to cook with, a couch or a bed that didn't squeak with the slightest of movements. Man, a couch would be cool. But, as with many things he wanted, some things were just more important. Eddie grinned back at him, and he knew that Eddie knew what Conner was thinking. Their whole lives, Eddie had admired the altruistic tendencies of Conner while Conner had admired Eddie's humility and the ease at which he could make the crappiest of situations seem tolerable.

"Well, we're not staying long anyway." Eddie retorted, lightly punching his friend on the arm.

"Oh, yea, what are you picking me up for?"

"The rave, man!" Eddie exclaimed, suddenly seemingly genuinely put off by his friend's forgetfulness.

"Oh, shit!" Conner smacked himself in the forehead. "I totally forgot!"

"Well, I figured that," Eddie chortled before winking at Conner. "Judging by the wardrobe, or lack thereof, at least. You know I'd never let you leave the house like that."

"Huh?" Conner held his hands out and looked down at himself. He had no shoes on, only wearing blue jeans and a worn-down white undershirt. He laughed lightly before shaking his head and running a hand through his unkempt dark hair. "Yea, you wouldn't would you? Listen, Eddie, I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment. Maybe you should take this one on your own."

"No way, dude! I've done the last three parties alone. You promised you'd be my wingman tonight and, most probably, my DD!" Eddie stuck an accusatory finger out toward his friend. "You're not getting out of this one. I'll pay for us to get in, and if you want a few drinks they're on me. But don't get crazy, I'm seriously very likely going to need you to carry my ass out of there tonight. You can crash at my place and, if I'm drunk enough, I'll even buy us burgers on the way home."

Conner hadn't eaten at all since yesterday, and the mention of burgers made his stomach do backflips of ecstatic joy. He hated when people paid for his stuff, not liking to feel like he was in anybody's debt. Which is why, he knew, Eddie was making it seem like a solid trade-off: He pays for everything if Conner makes sure it all goes smoothly. It was a thin veil, but Conner knew that Eddie came from money and that even they dropped hundreds tonight (which he was sure they would most certainly not) it wouldn't even put a dent in Eddie's monthly allowance.

"All right, all right... Lemme get changed real quick." Conner smiled, shaking his head, as he walked past Eddie to his closet which, at the moment, didn't even have a door.

"Fuck. Yes. The rave's going down at St. Elizabeth's; it's--"

"An abandoned hospital?" Conner interjected.

"Yes. The venue, the music, the booze and the girls... Tonight. Will. Be. Lege--"

"--ndary?" Conner looked over his shoulder, interjecting while he pulled the nicest shirt he owned (which was probably the equivalent of Eddie's least nicest shirt), a dark maroon dress shirt that he buttoned up over his ragged undershirt.

"I hate it when you steal my thunder." Eddie said with a smirk.

"Get some new lines." Conner chuckled while he slipped a pair of clean socks on before slipping an old pair of work boots that used to belong to his grandfather over them. He tied them quickly and then moved to the bathroom which, thankfully, did have a door. He applied some deodorant and even splashed a bit of aftershave onto his shoulders and neck. While looking in the small mirror over the sink, he tended to the mop on his head to make his hair look presentable, since anything more would require too much effort for his hair. He ran the back of his hand over the stubble on his face, noting that it had been almost a week since he'd shaved last. He shrugged his shoulders, feeling like he looked good enough to go move around in a dark place where everyone would be fucked up anyway.

"Excellent." Eddie said, coming up behind him and clapping Conner on the shoulder while meeting his gaze in the mirror. "Now quit worrying about looking fabulous; you'll be standing next to me, after all." They both grinned as they turned and headed for the door.

"You're right; unfortunately I don't think they make clothes I could wear to make you look better. Nobody dresses that poorly."

"Shuddup." Eddie stopped as he opened the door, looked down at his polo and pulled at it with two fingers. He looked up at Conner, a comically serious expression on his face. "I should ditch the polo, huh?"

"I wouldn't be caught dead in one," Conner replied before clapping Eddie on the shoulder and closing the door behind them.

Mel was in her way to school, her arms crossed over her chest as she nervously walked to the building hoping nobody notice her, it was then when the roar of a motorcycle rushed in, the noisy vehicle quickly catching up with her and suddenly stopping by her side. "You are not wasting you time in there, are you?, ride on!, I need you", It was Jack once again demanding her to tag along.

She wasn't sure how it all happened, she didn't even what was happening, but Jack always wanted her to follow him along, it was as if she was his lucky charm or something like that, and no matter what he always kept on coming after her, for some reason he was very persuasive, far beyond normal, a mutant who could just puppeteer anyone he wanted, still he didn't use his powers on her, why? she didn't really know or asked. Melissa wasn't even aware she was a mutant herself, her power not being much of a show off, and she never really asked how she knew about Jack's abilities before he showed her.

He only cared about that power boost he had whenever she was near, and if he ever had a problem with another mutant, which was on a regular basis, she just seemed to neutralized them who cares how, double winnings and no losing he always thought, the poor girl even thought he was the one causing his enemies to fall incapacitated as she just yelled him to beware. Of course he wasn't there to teach her and she couldn't help following him, he made her feel safe, nobody would mess up with her as long as she was with him, but he was a dangerous guy and that also scared her a little but she couldn't just walk away, he simply wouldn't allow it.

But this time it was different, he took her all day long, of course he was taking care of protecting his ace in the hole, and today was no exception, buying her food, even clothes or giving some loose cash for anything she may need, all of it which she reluctantly accepted as she knew it was either stolen or at least the result of some dangerous illegal doings of him and his gang.

"Hey Mel, you just don't worry and relax, tonight the guys and I are going to a rave party at the Saint Abandoned, I want you to come along with me", he said so giving her a playful smile which wasn't usual in him, she blushed, it wasn't like him at all to take her to places like this, or to any fun place, nervously she agreed, it was not like her father was going to worry about her at all, he couldn't care less what would be of her. Poor Melissa, she even smiled as she thought he really worried about her, but it was not like she had another choice, the truth was that there was another gang going there and he needed that extra oomph she gave him as it could turn dangerous as it always did when mutants were involved.

Lilly tossed a pieace of gum into her mouth smiling as she hopped on a black bike and dress all in black leather headed to the school she was forced to go while traveling with yet anther circus. she was gathering fame as the freak girl who can take on many animal forms and she didn't care. Hell the whole school can laugh and call her freak for all she care she would smile and wave at them and be on her way. she loved being a freak and showing of what she could do . She would even use her powers to beat bullies down why no one picked on her at school they knew she was something to fear and this was just fine with her.

She parked her bike grabbed her bag she darted off to walk with a crowed of girls that were all dressed in black that later had a few boys join them. she just walked quietly with them as they talked about all sorts of things witch craft. she liked their dark thoughts she was that black cat that would walk in front of suspicious people just to watch them freak out then walk away laughing inside of her head sense she knows black cats don't give black luck. she heard her nickname called and smiled as a boy walked up to her and held out his hand she gave him her back and let him escort her to art class her first period of the day. she waved goodbye to her group of friends and walked with him . He was from the cricus as her a boy who could shove daggers down his thought with out cutting him self as he pulled them out and shove them in something she found to be really cool.

"hey kitty guess what we got art class together" Damon said with a smile as he ruffled his moehawk. Lilly gave a smile happy to at lest make some new friends while going here but she knows soon she will be on the move again with the circus come summer time after all she was 19 this was her last school year so soon she would graduate and never have to worry about going to school ever again so she thought . Just then Damon asked her to some rave party she smiled just her scene music and dancing she will fit right plus she would have time alone with her bestie things were going good what could go wrong she thought.

MARY

A white, not too suspicious cable van had been parked outside of Mary's apartment as she broadcast herself for the world to watch her tease it. On the inside though, the van was much more than a cable company vehicle, as monitors lined the walls, and a couple of techies sat with virtual keyboards as they drank their mountain dew and kept tabs on the young mutant lady.

But then one of them who was listening to an audio bug they had planted in her home one day, heard the familiar sound of the mutant ' s super speed. Quickly sitting up, he rubbed the tired from his ocean blue eyes that hid behind his simple white framed glasses and looked at her schedule to realize that she was a little late to one of her classes at the university.

Picking up his walkie talkie, he started to speak, "the target is gone! I repeat the target is gone, this is our window!" He declared.

Outside, another van pulled up to her curb and dumped a group of five SWAT-like individuals at her door, dressed to the nines like they were in a war, which was half true. One of them took the lead with his assault gun and kicked down her door with his combat boots, the other three carried a bunch of duffle bags worth of ordinance explosive to level the entire block in less than a second, "explosives have been planted, Dog Team 1 is heading back," the lead spoke calmly into his comms and all of them headed back into the van and both went their separate ways without raising any suspicions it seemed.

YVONNE-

Being in a gated community was in Yvonne's favor at the moment as there weren't any cable customers with issues. So the mysterious agents had to resort to a more hands off approach. For example, a kid a few houses down was paid big bucks to let a guy drive his remote control monster truck through the streets.

Attached to the motorized behemoth was a webcam that streamed the live feed back to the field office, but they still had to find a way inside the home, or they could never get an accurate read on this particular mutant.

So it was a good thing her employers had a doggie door installed recently...

PETER-

A white van emblazoned with a pest extermination company logo sat quietly in the parking lot of the hall that Peter had just emerged from with his buddy, Trent. One of the surveillance technicians popped his knuckles as he sent a text to a nearby undercover group of Dogs, plainclothes men who could tail a target like nobody's business.

The tail were actually undercover students of the university, who all coincidentally had the same schedule as Peter, they were that convincing that he had yet to figure out what was going on.

"You hear that?" One of the tial spoke into his earpeice, back to the Pest Control van, "find out more about this Rave,"

"Already on it," the Techie responded, he took a gulp of the mountain dew at his computer bank, and got to work as he started to upload the schematics for Saint Elizabeth.

CONNER-

A while back, when Conner wasn't home, the authorities managed to break into his meager apartment, and bugged his phone before leaving it completely untouched in a matter of seconds, so as Grandson and Grandmother conversed over the phone, another technician was scanning the cell towers and following the data.

But to find the grandparents and target them was against their code of ethics, or what passed for such. So the Technician shifted his focus on his buddy, Trent. Using facial recognition software, he found out that he belonged to a very well off family.

"Interesting," he said as he rubbed his stubble, "now what to do with this information?"
MEL-

A group of plainclothes operators were tailing the girl on the back of the mutant's motorbike in a white sedan with no markings, even the licence plate was stolen. These men were careful never to leave any evidence of themselves.

"Where's he going?" One of them in the backseat asked, who happened to be a field technician, his bulky black laptop hooked up to the chair in front of him,

"No idea," the driver responded nonchalantly, with a hint of gruffiness,

"Well keep an eye peeled while I do my thing,"

LILY

A man sat on the edge of the roof of the university building, to anyone who cared to look up at their cell phones, it appeared that he was stargazing, despite it being mid day or late afternoon. But if someone were on the roof with him, they'd know that his black telescope was actually a compact, yet high powered rifle, and he was aiming it right at Lily.

"I have the mutant in my sights," he reported quietly, in between the popping of his bubble gum, "but she's surrounded by witnesses, permission to fire at will?"

"Permission denied," came a reply through his ear peice, "wait until she's alone, we don't risk civilian casualty, especially human civilians,"

"Roger that, act as eyes only. Understood," he popped another bubble before silently cursing, his trigger finger itching from being so close, yet so far.

WASHINGTON DC- SENATE BUILDING- 10:00 AM

Standing before his political peers, the man who had an affinity for roses was shuffling papers behind the Senate podium. Clearing his throat of any struggling phlegm with a refreshing glass of water, he set his sights on the gathering of television news crews as well as the gathered politicians, "ladies and gentlemen, my fellow Americans gathered together in the safety of their homes, I, your Vice President Joe Biden have something on my chest that I must discuss with you all. That pressure I feel is the lack of safety we all feel slipping from our grasp due to the individuals classified as Mutants."

"I understand there has been plenty of discussion and debate over the past few years, some of it beneficial, some of it not so much. I implore you all to continue this discussion, I beg parents to talk to their children, for teachers to formulate some type of lesson plan, for local churches to pray for those afflicted. It is with that word, afflicted that the United States Government has decided to consider the Mutant phenomena as a sickness, and with assistance from the CDC, there has begun work on a cure...,"

WALT- LATER THAT NIGHT- WASHINGTON DC RAVE

Pulling up to the front entrance of St. Elizabeth in a brand new Audi concept, he parked it, not really caring if anybody stole it. He ran his hand through his hair and adjusted his flashy rich kid outfit before heading inside where he was met by loud music and hot women.

He yelled out with excitement, but his voice was lost in all other sounds as he approached a girl having drinks with some friends and planted a wet one on her before spanking her and moving on.

He went to the bar to grab himself some unneeded liquid courage and started making out with two girls at the same time, getting his groove prepared before heading out with them to the dance floor to Flo Rida's 'GDFR', grinding against and towards the two of them.

Lilly left the school and got on her bike looked over at Damon on his and roared up her bike and he did the same and they raced down the street to the place were the rave was suppose to be . she put on some very gothic music that sung about death left and right and about keeping up the fight. she was hyped for the dance yet also wanted to punch something really bad cause some girl in class called her a witch but she did not care some folks dont know a goth when they see one. she got to the rave parked her bike and walked in looked around all the girls and somehow got lost in the crowd got seprated from Damon called out his name a few times but soon got sight of him with some girl flirting this pissed her off so she went got a drink and went looking for some random male she could find to tease .

After a few drinks they started to take its toil on her system and she got tipsy so she found herself a table and jumped on it and said "woot i love this muisc". she start dancing her eyes closed lost in the moment with no idea that she was being watched and followed and that she was in danger . she was in heaven life was good for now but she had dark plans when the night is over she was going to punch that chick in the mouth that was flirting with Damon make it known to him once and for all that she liked more then just friends and if he don't feel the same she will find anther circus . she was known to hop circus groups for this in her mind she thought iam just too dam good looking and awsome for my own good.

The hospital was an imposing edifice at night, the grounds had people scattered about and the thrum of music ran heavy in the air as they went closer. Peter paid their admission as Trent led the way into the crowd, the maze of corridors within was lit by innumerable glow sticks of multiple hues and strings of industrial lights. Following the hard beats to what might have been a lobby Peter let his eyes scan around him, finding what might be familiar faces from school, though he looked for only one recognizable face that he did not see.

A crowd already filled the open space, the buzz of conversation mixed in with the beats from the DJ whose bobbing head was visible above a particularly bright box of lights. Sweaty bodies moved with an incomprehensible union of limbs and motions that made the crowd look like it was merging into one. As Peter bought them beers they drank in quick gulps, the bubbling liquid cool in his throat as they moved to the edge of the dance area as Trent scanned the crowd. Strobe and black lights alternated over the crowd, Peter never really got into the house beats that the crowd danced to but he loved watching the girls dance. In the throng of people Peter could sense a current of anticipation, of something going to happen tonight.

Trent leaned in close, the only way they could hear each other near the dancers, "check out that one on the table!" Trent's chin gestured toward a slim, black haired girl who was dancing on a table.

"Nice," Peter agreed as he finished his beer and left it on a table with other abandoned bottles, "but she's probably taken, the good ones usually are." Without another word Peter dived into the mass of people, joining the crowd.

Being driven around from one place to another, after having something to eat, Jack took Melissa to the mall, he told her to buy some nice outfit for the party, "no worries Mel, I'm actually paying for it this time". Today he was really out of him, he was never been so 'nice', well in his own way anyway and she went into the store while the guy awaited outside. Having no idea what to buy she went to the saleswoman in there and whispered for help, but she actually had to repeat herself to be heard before she was taken to a side to be counseled.

Not being used to this places she scandalized herself while watching the skimpy and sassy clothes she was being shown, no way she could wear such slutty outfits, but Jack was expecting her to do so and she didn't want to let him down, he could get angry or even dispose of her, of course none of that was actually true still she went for it, blushing herself she tried to pull herself together and having a hard time not to stutter as she spoke she picked some clothes. Green and blue leg straps climbed up to her thighs highly accentuating her small tight ass and pink skintight booty shorts left nothing to the imagination. Her midriff was left totally naked as a rainbow colored corset was clinging to her body exposing a great view of a cleavage she had ever dared to show before. Matching color feathers were added to her hair and her tinged cheeks now just seemed like she had just used to much make up.

"Hey, I didn't know you could be SO sexy Mel", Jack whistled as he was already waiting to pay the bill, the few words she uttered were lost as she was pulled out and exposed to the rest of the gang. Mel was so embarrassed but she let him continue with his doing, having her spin a couple of times so the guys could behold what a piece of treasure he had. Not only she was useful but she sure was hot and sexy too, maybe there could be other uses he could give to her besides just following to his business, maybe tonight they would just end up cuddling in some room or even in the bushes by the Hospital, though he already was thinking he would need a little help from a few drinks to get this accomplished.

Of course none of both realized they were being followed. He was too into his glorious plans and also into his recently unveiled sexy companion, she too embarrassed as her body was shown while they rode through the streets and the gang too distracted on Mel's ass, able to notice only the road ahead of them. Once at the hospital while his guys scattered around the place Jack dragged Melissa around, drawing the attention as much as he could showing off and bragging about her sexy body, he was expecting trouble but first he planned to have some fun as well.

It was another lazy afternoon, another static hour at the Roast Cup coffee shop. One would think that in a bustling city full of on-the-go workers and others that have loads of free time in their hands, the coffee shop would at least have queues or chattering hipsters taking up tables. But of course, with major branches right around the corner, no one really settles for second best..even though theirs are a much better product.

Josh sighed as he cleaned the counter for the nth time like some bartender during old times, waiting for some world weary traveler to share their burden on him. That would be a far better experience than watching a handful of individuals go about their computer stuff - or possibly even just using their WiFi as much as they want for the price of one cup of coffee - and attending to the occasional customer that come in at a slower rate compared to mornings.

On the plus side however, there comes - usually in the afternoon - a cute girl that indeed wants a listening ear whenever she orders for herself a chocolate chip drink and some random pastry for him. Elizabeth, her name was. While a part of his brain just believes she was one of those 'casual' karma believers that does good deed and stuff for personal gain, he wanted to be optimistic that she actually enjoys his mostly silent company. That or she just wants him to gain weight.

"So how'd your presentation go?" Josh asked as he took a bite of the chocolate glazed donut she bought for him. It was a lazy day and it's not like he was a terrible worker so management just lets him of the hook.

"Ugh..I don't want to talk about that!" she said, bringing both her hands to cover her face. "That bad, huh?" Elizabeth shook her head and mumbled out a "No" and followed shortly by a "Well not really, it was just embarrassing." And the curious concern in him just up and asked even though he should probably just pat her on the shoulder.

"How come?" And she just shook her head before taking a sip of her drink. "You got nervous and got pit stains?" The poor girl looked like she wanted to sob when she looked up with an exaggerated pouting frown, almost like one of those puppies that beg for food in internet videos. His smile was more sympathetic than mocking as he tore a piece of the donut and reached to feed it to her, which she easily took with quivering lips and went back to hide her shame, her hands over her face.

"Hey, maybe this will cheer you up!" He reached for his pocket and fished out a half folded, half crumpled flyer, waving it around for her to see soon as she stopped sulking. "A rave?" she asked incredulously, squinting at him with disbelief. "I thought you don't like people?" Well and true, just the idea of a crowded hospital made him cringe internally. "Well..yeah, but I'm not against new experiences. 'Sides, you like that sort of thing right?"

A silent 'Meh' of an expression before a 'What the hell, why not?' of shrugged shoulders and it was settled. And it would be their first night out too, something that he was looking forward to.

Their chatter went on to something else that started from trains that ended up about schizo tech shows until eventually Elizabeth had to leave and prepare. Good thing too as Josh would have been too distracted to serve incoming customers had she remained thought the influx of them wasn't that much of a change, it was the same droll hours. Perhaps that was the reason he considered going to this rave thing, a change of scenery.

Later on that night, he met up with Elizabeth, undoubtedly nervous due to the fact that they were basically going out on a date..of sorts. At least it was the case in his head.

"Waited long?" A familiar voiced asked that made Josh turn around, seeing a far different Elizabeth standing before him sporting a short dress. "I thought we're going to a rave?" She asked, obviously asking about his smart casual get up which points out even further how little he knows about this sort of stuff. "I...yeah we are.. Should I change?" he asked, lost and innocent, scratching his head to which the girl just giggled at.

"No, you're fine, we should just go." She was undoubtedly sweet as she just went and grabbed him by the arm along with his dork self before hailing a cab. So they drove in quiet yet excited comfort towards this abandoned hospital which the cabbie seems to know. Perhaps he was going to it as well..despite looking old as Josh's grandfather but hey, who was he to judge?

Soon enough, even with the windows down, they could hear the loud thumping of music as they saw through the dark of night a crowd of people around the large hospital which looked creepy even with the presence of colorful lights, music, and amusement.

"Woah.." was all Josh could say, looking in awe at everything and even with the loud music Elizabeth only needed to look at his wide eyes to know his feeling. He looked way out of his league and even the one managing admission through doubted of he was sure he was in the right place. Without a word the girl just dragged him further in, let him bask in the energetic aura the crowd and the beating music. Admittedly, despite shaking his head from being invited to dance, his foot was tapping to the rhythm and perhaps with alcohol in his system, he would join the girl and the crowd.

"oh god, I so fuucking hate these fuucking people and their lives." Yvvone complained as she cleaned their house. Part of being a lowly worker and maid was that she had been forced to do whatever random shit they wanted. She needed the money. She couldn't afford to make them fire her. She was just going to have to suck it up and do whatever they demanded.

For a brief moment when she had first turned 18, Yvvone had considered a career in adult entertainment. Her mutant powers meant that she was better at anticipating her lover's wishes and giving people what they wanted. But she had decided against it. Her powers meant that if too much lust existed in a room, like in a strip club, it could potentially overwhelm her and give her a head ache. That's why she never even went close to some of those places. She was still learning how to tune out the thoughts of others when she had to hear their every sexual urge.

The cleaning was finally completed by around five thirty in the afternoon. The senator still hadn't made it home, unsurprisingly. He was almost always late. Yvvone had only met him once, and when she did, his thoughts were strongly fixated on his secretary, whom he was boning behind his wive's back.

As soon as she got off, Yvvone took the bus straight home and changed into her party dress and heels. The only such dress and heels that she could afford with her meager wages. She put it on and did her hair up like a sexy partygoer. From there, she caught another bus to the rave.

She had heard about it when she had been at a bar. some random person had informed her about it, she had never caught their name or how they knew. But it sounded like lots of fun, and she did enjoy a good party. So she headed off into the dying evening in surch of a good time.

The bouncer didn't give her any trouble. He looked at her perfect fake id and sent her right inside. She was greeted by a huge party with lots of minds that thought about sex. She had to take a breath or two to calm herself and not think about it.

"Breathe dear." She thought as she headed to the bar and got herself a drink. Turning to survey the crowd. "Just have a good time, and don't worry about the thoughts of these people. "

The party did look like it would be fun. She had to admit. She was going to be so wasted by the end of the night.

The beats merged from one to the other, the rhythm flowing through him like a hypnotic charm that kept him on the dance floor until the sweat began to run down his neck and back. First he danced with one girl who took his hands and smiled dumbly at him, the expression never leaving her face as they swung around in some modern version of a waltz, until she turned slightly then was swallowed by the crowd. A tall, blonde man danced about him like some odd version of a native dance, pumping legs and arms until the crowd milled about in its own pattern and he too was swallowed up. Peter enjoyed the anonymity of the crowd for awhile, losing himself, slightly shocking those who came too close, watching as the hair on people's heads began to stand straight on end to the delight of the others around them.

Trent was nowhere to be seen as he finally stepped out of the mass, the scent of sweat, body lotion and perfumes made him feel like he was trapped in some odd mix of a locker room and candle store. The overpowering smells began to get to assault his nose until he got to an edge on a far part of the lobby and stepped away to the sparse crowd that satisfied themselves with standing around and swaying to the beat. Grabbing a water drained half the bottle as he looked around, his eyes checking out faces for Trent, or Maria. Seeing neither one he walked up to the next level and looked down at the crowd the spread out below, a moving mass that began to be lost under bright lights and heavy beats.

Trent was hard to spot in the crowd where most were in black, or had similar hair. Instead Peter amused himself by walking around and dancing near girls who appeared too shy to join the throng downstairs. Admiring. on his way, a few women who wore heels that appealed to his sense of style, and short dresses that allowed him to look longingly on bare legs. From one to another like a will o wisp he lost himself in the warren of halls and rooms where the crowd had already begun to spread as the hospital filled up with ravers, wondering if he would ever catch sight of Maria. Disappointed already that he had not, and slightly mad at Trent for ditching him, though he suspected Trent had a girl or two somewhere and when he found Trent there would be some shocking revelations in store.

After roaming around a bit, they stepped over the bar for a couple of drinks. Melissa found herself a little more relaxed as there plenty of girls in outfits as scandalous as her and slowly sipped her drink, Ughh what was that thing he gave her, it was awfully strong, she was about to leave to leave the glass at the bar but Jack was pulling her around again to dance, he had no shame on grabbing her ass and pushing the people around them, all while moving to the rhythm of electronic beats where even as crowded as it was she kept drawing the attention thanks to him.

"Hey look at that goth chick Mel" he pointed out to where Lilly was, dancing on top of a table really standing out among the multitude "come on babe you do that too", not really she had an option as he forced to climb on another table and spanking her while she did so. She really had a hard time to go atop of it even as she used to the heels, mostly because of her drink and his spanks, plus she was so nervous she could hardly move one she finished crawling and was able to stand, but Jack had already foreseen that of course, using his powers to control her moves and making her dance as pro. Melissa was extremely blushing but couldn't do anything to stop, and she looked like she was a hired pro dancer for the party.

Following the trance music and the slightest change of tones in every mix the DJ went through Melissa started teasing Lilly, not because she intended to but she was forced to do so too. Several glances and blown kisses were thrown at the goth girl every time their gazes met and Jack just made that happen, just for brief instants and completely unnoticed but he made Lilly's eyes meet Mel's while he had fun watching. He just thought everything was allowed for him and while no rival gang appeared he was going to enjoy it. He never considered a third party would be showing up any time then.

Lilly smiled at the girl who was teasing her and she looked past at the boy watching them. she just blew kisses back with a wink . she soon reached down to the crowd that had been gathering and seeing that Damon still did not notice her she cursed under her breath. she drew in some random boy and said "come on handsome dance with me and this other girl she pretty too". the boy did and soon she was teasing Mel back by rubbing on the boy in a certain way while keeping her eyes locked onto her she had no idea that she was being forced to look at the girl then again she was so drunk and tipsey she was caught up in the moment to notice. she lost in the secene not paying any attention to what was going on around her nor that she was about to be in grave danger. she was having a blast and she didn't even have to show her powers yet to get attention . she smiled at the thought but knew if she lost the crowd or if they got bored with her she was going to heat up the dancing or maybe show a little of her ablites to draw them back.

Having only spent a few minutes in, Josh could only appreciate the music and none of the dancing as he was yet to take part in any of it, mostly because of the strangely ecstatic people going with the groove. Strange to him at least, not really knowing erratic movements with the beat were the norm. Elizabeth then came to his side with small glasses filled with possibly alcohol in them and offered him one, her intentions possibly to get him off that stiff state of just standing.

"I don't really drink." he said, waving it off to which the girl just frowned and only showcased the shot glass even more. With a sigh, he took the glass. "Just this one.." he smiled and with a quick swig he took the drink, the liquid burning his throat some and wasn't quenching at all - breaking the purposes of drinks for him. "Oh God!" he winced and shook a bit though the last movement was exaggerated for humor. The girl just laughed and downed her own drink before raising the empty glass up in the air in one quick fluid motion before shouting. "Whoo!" Loud as it may have been, it wasn't as loud as the thumping music.

Turning, he found a couple of women and a man standing atop tables, dancing almost sensually - like they were one-upping the other. Or it could be just the norm as the more 'drinks' his female companion had, the more she seemed inclined to do the same graceful waves the two girls did on the table. Seeing the spectacle for herself and him watching, Elizabeth grinned and took Josh by the arm to drag once again. She shouted once more in a gleeful "Whoo!" as they watched the girls before taking alcohol from somewhere he hadn't noticed. She handed one to him which he then took easily, both of them taking the drink in one go as they watched the two girls. Oddly enough, the alcohol made the show that much better, the lone girl at least as the other had some guy and that wasn't really his taste - especially not in sensual dancing.

(moving the story along)
All of a sudden the doors to the rave building bursted open and in flooded men in all black only their eyes could be seen if you look thou their goggles. they started spilling in like a wave as if someone busted open a ant hive and the ants where swarming. people looked over in confusion not sure what to make of them then one fired a gun into the air and screaming and choas started people started running in every direction trying to get out of the building some got shoved this and way and that and if they was unlucky enoch to fall over they got trampled to death in the panic run of the others. one spoke out load to try and claim the folks down hoping to to thin out the crowd so that they could pick out the mutants they seen earlier hoping to make this extration easier they only came for the mutants the others. "if you all would remain claim we will take the plague ones out of here the mutants so they can get help then you all can go back to your party."

Lilly was seething bad about now "plauge ones who the hell does he think he is ". she was not sick she was perfectly fine so what if she could change her shape do different forms of animals that did not make her sick. she was no longer in the dancing mood and when she looked over she saw that her friend had started moving towards the men in black to get out of the rave club and seeing that he was human they let him go . "so that is how it is huh" she said softly to her friend as he made his escape out of the rave party just leaving her alone with these freaks not trying to help her. she pushed the guy she was dancing with off the table looked to the girl next to her and said " ether a run for your life or b help me kick this guys in black ass's".

Peter had moved around to see two girls dancing, and what he thought was making kissy faces at each other. They were both hot, of course any girl making kissy faces at another was going to be hot to him right now, but this was unusual and right in front of his face. He watched from the back of the crowd with a wide smile on his face, Maria was nowhere to be seen but this was more than adequate for amusement. When they pulled the guy close to the table he watched in fascination, living a slight fantasy through the guy and wondering if he could ever be that forward with a girl.

When the doors crashed open he faded into the back of the crowd, thinking it was the police saw the soldiers and knew something was not right. Each of them was armored, armed, and with faces covered. "Shit," he said to himself as the soldiers advanced, wondering what he should do. Sure, he was a mutant, he came to grips with that years ago with all the prejudice about, mostly ignoring the press about it and just laughing whenever anyone brought them up. No one he knew of had seen a mutant, other than Peter, and he didn't advertise it.

Stepping back Peter felt the wall behind him and with a deft motion he pushed back, the world switching to a white haze. A realm of reverse shadow where figures and structures were all like glass. He could see the edges, the inside of things as faded lines, or as vaporous images, as of a double negative with each room layered on the other and he could see the movement of everything to the edge of the building. The wall was nothing to him now, it was a slight pressure on what would be his skin but instead he moved through it and into the next room.

A scream as he turned, Peter called it the ghost form, he had seen it. Taking a video of himself once, deleting it soon after just in case. He looked like a ghost, a white vaporous, transparent figure, his features blanked and without depth. Just like an apparition, a form without feature. Yet the ghost vision did the same to him. The world was transparent, white, and like some see through 3d image where most of the detail was lost. Yet he could see white forms move through the halls as people tried to run or get out.

Seeing a girl point at him from the room he just entered the scream stopped him, as she pointed two of the soldiers came into the room. Turning and floating back to the room he had come from saw the figures of two dancers getting ready to fight. Hovering near them in ghost form he held out his hands, collecting electricity in them in case he needed to use it. Usually he gave people small shocks, like static electricity, or raised peoples hair, but with enough time and the right touch it would be like a taser.

"Dammit," he said in a voice that sounded hollow, with a slight crackle to it, "they are everywhere."

Melissa couldn't be more embarrassed as she couldn't control her body anymore, sensual dancing and dirty moves she made in front of a number of ever growing spectator and even worse the unknown girl in front of her was smiling back and flirting with her too. She blushed beyond limits yet the kisses between the two girls continued, and as Lilly pulled some guy around her to dance with her Jack did the same with Mel, he even dared to touch her in a way he had never done before while at the same he would flirt with the goth girl too. Maybe it was the drinks or maybe just the party mood but he just started thinking he could have a good time with both girls, damned Hell Hawks, if it wasn't by them he could have all the fun he wanted right now but the rival gang could make a move just anytime.

A loud bang on the door and it burst open as a crowd of spooks flooded in, Jack grabbed Melissa as a reflex and jumped down thinking it was the Hawks looking around to the spots he had commanded his men to be, yet it wasn't them who had just arrived but a very different group, they had body armors and assault weapons, way too much for a street gang. "Stay back Mel, we will take of this" he just said when the strangers claimed they were after the mutants. Melissa really didn't know she was a mutant but still she could never turn on Jack or help the goth girl that seemed to be a mutant too judging by her words, so she just obeyed them both and crawled back against a wall, trembling and trying to cover herself as she saw what Jack did.

There were far more mutants than one could expect in there, maybe that's why such a huge number of men had come to suppress them, but not all would try to escape or pass unnoticed, there were some willing to fight thinking they could win, Jack was the one starting the assault. Just as the guy who was with Lilly was making his way out Jack took control over the man who had just spoken and made him shoot himself in the head killing him instantly and splashing blood all over the surprised youth. No matter if he had antimutant armor to protect him for being controlled as long as Melissa's attention was focused on him, his power would easily bypass it allowing him to make it clear for all hostile mutants in there, friends or enemies that now they had a common enemy and that should be priority but also depriving him from Melissa's buffing on his powers as she just was too afraid now to focus. What would follow was all the mutants from his gang and the rival one to turn against the soldiers soon turning the rave into some kind of battlefield with the halls inside of the hospital being the safest place to run for now.

Walter was pre-occupied doing what he does with a selected harm of ladies, having them treat him like royalty in a back room when the shit had hit the fan in less than proverbial words as a small army flooded the party.

"What the Hell?" He asked none of the girls in particular as they ran screaming from the room. The soldiers, who were decked out in military gear and wearing night vision type goggles were each holding high assault grade weaponry, Walter tried to think of what to do, where to go but he hadn't any way out without being found out.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" One of the soldiers declared as he kicked an unsuspecting young mutant to the ground, "this isn't a robbery, it's simply rounding up the Gene Hazards." He declared and pointed his weapon at the kid's head. "If no mutants come with us in the next five seconds, this underage kid will die an untimely death, as will any who step forwards to speak their minds."

It seemed like time had slowed to a crawl for Walter as he tried to figure out what to do. On one hand he could run away from here and forget this whole night had ever happened, but on the other he couldn't stand by let these people be slain like sheep, whoever they were.

"5...," the lead spoke and pushed the muzzle of the gun into the boy's skull, "5 seconds before the mutant community shall be ripped apart by the Dogs!" He said, almost giddy with anctipation...

Up until a minute ago, this had been one of Sam's easier gigs. All he'd had to do was show up, shrug into a one size too small black t-shirt with "SECURITY" wriitten on it, and stand around. The hardest thing he'd had to do was cope with a roudy drunk, and he'd handled that by the simple expedient of picking her up and carrying her out like a sack of potatoes. Easy money. The kind of thing an AWOL drifter really needed.

And now these paramilitary fucks were ruining it.

At first glance, he'd thought they were SWAT. Thought the Army had located him. But no. SWAT would have just gassed the place. And the Army would have deployed snipers and drones. These fucks were dicking around with hostages, and declaring intent to kill people randomly if the mutants in the crowd didn't come forward.

Sam had been charitably described as having "poor impulse control". He came forward.

"Four," announced the lead figure in tactical armor, sounding amused by the terror in his hostage's eyes. He never made it to three, because Sam barreled through the crowd at nearly 20 mph and hit him. The tactical helmet and faceplate shattered under the force of the uppercut, and blood sprayed as he arced upwards. Before he hit the ground Sam kicked him, launching his bidy at two of the other men in armor.

Meanwhile outside the hospital:
Having been in the neighborhood looking for work Monica stopped at a nearby convenient store to buy a pack of cigarettes when a big military presence made her uneasy. She paid the man for her cigarettes thanked him. She opened the pack an lit one up then tugged at the hood pulling it forward concealing her identity her long black trench duster nearly dragging the ground as she walks. Her black sleeveless shirt depicts an image of a jumble of video game characters, her shorts are cutoffs which she's decorated with flowers and vines with pastel paints. A pair of faded well worn combat boots on her feet and fishnet stockings cover her legs. She takes a seat on a bench at a bus stop puffing on her cigarette as she carefully surveys the area watching the commotion as it ensues. After finishing her cigarette she stands up and casually walks by what appeared to be a local gangbanger leaning against a wall. "Hi handsome I'm Monica, looking for some fun?" She asks with a wink. The man taken back by the approach hesitates his response scratching his head curiously before replying. "What kinda fun we talking lil' gir?" He asks with a shrug.
Monica smiles taking his hand. "More fun than you could imagine sugar." She winks looking around making sure noones paying attention to them once she's sure she's not being watched she discharges her power and the man crumbles to the ground in an instant.
She walks up the block a few feet and yells. "Help, someone help, there's something wrong with him." She scans looking for a cop or entity knowing her powers leave no evidence of foul play since it overloads Nueral systems it leaves her victims appearing to have died of natural causes. Confident in her plan she continues to holler for help.

Peter felt his body ripple, it was an odd feeling, the reverse of when he went into ghost form. That was a slight tingle and then he was drifting in a see of reverse shadows, lost amid the white world where things shimmered and glowed. Now he fell to the floor, his feet adjusting to solidity again, like coming off a boat and getting his land legs again. Around him the chaos increased as the crowds seemed to part for the soldiers, the few who stayed he assumed were mutants, like he was. Years of hiding, keeping this all hidden and now in a moment of fear he'd revealed it all.

"Stupid," he told himself as a soldier came close. A body flying nearby took the soldiers attention, touching the gun he released his charge. In a second the gun was coated with a web of lightning that ran down it's length to the soldiers arm and surrounded the body that jerked for a second then fell to its knees. A strong jolt that would knock the man out, or at least stun him like a taser.

"Screw this," Peter turned, then as if remembering something he kicked out with a leg and struck the face plate. His leg felt like it hit a wall and hurt as the soldier fell down. Another coming around the corner who raised a gun telling him to halt as he ran to the edge of the balcony and jumped, turning to a ghost as he fell to the floor, the strain hard as he solidified at the last moment. Breathing hard he had never realized his powers too much out of him. Trying to stand looked for a clear way out.

Everything seemed so out of control, these guys were crazy no mutant was going to give in without a fight, Jack already killed one of them, and one of the bouncers just crashed the face of another, god they were even taking hostages, this was no safe place to stay of her. Melissa crawled between the fallen tables to avoid being caught in the chaos or being crushed by the people, "Sorry Jack but I just don't wanna die here", she lost sight of him as well as the goth chic that was flirting with her, she was on her own now.

Finally she arrived to one of the door leading inside, there has to be another exit, she just hoped it wasn't also crammed with soldiers or whatever those spooks were. She quickly opened the door and went in the hallway, shit it was so dark she could barely see a thing but still it must be safer so she she didn't hesitate in coming in and closing the door behind her. Dark as it was she couldn't run but had to walk slowly leaning on the wall until her eyes got used to the dark.

As she moved into the dark corridor she felt practically naked with the outfit Jack had bought her and it was cold in there, a breeze came down from somewhere but she couldn't see where from. Still she tried to follow the light blowing wind with the hopes of finding an open window or any other way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom