Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

B&B: The Cliff Queen's Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Supernova
Introduction
Lucian Hadrianos was crossing the Cairnlands as part of a caravan, either working as hired guard, or as passengers traveling from the Marquees to Valkheim. This morning the caravan was ambushed by a band of Cairnlander marauders, and only the hero escaped.

To make matters worse, during their escape, Lucian killed the marauders’ chief’s son! The hero is presently fleeing on horseback, with the marauder band in close pursuit. The chase has lasted several hours, and his horse are exhausted—if the Lucian doesn’t find refuge soon, he is almost certainly doomed…

Sea of Fog
Lucian Hadrianos long ago left any recognizable trails, attempting to lose their pursuers in the wilderness along the shore of the Drowned King Sea. A thick sea fog has risen up, and covers the ground up too the horses fetlocks. This gives the heroes the eerie illusion of racing across a sea of fog—the ground is totally hidden from sight.

A group of marauders have pulled ahead of their comrades, and emboldened, spur their mounts in an attempt to catch the heroes. Run this using the Chase Rules in Savage Worlds. The Range Increments are 5” and the two groups are 20” apart at the start of the chase. Obstacles are Sparse, and include things like rabbit burrows, and small bushes concealed in the fog. Finally, the heroes’ horses are Exhausted (see Fatigue in Savage Worlds) and suffer a –2 to Trait rolls. The marauders horses are Fatigued and suffer a –1 to Trait rolls.

Lucian slashes his reins across his weary mount demanding its last vestiges of strength to stay ahead of the pursuing marauders. He knows that an unseen gully or stone might cause a horse to stumble (or worse be lamed) but its a risk he at least shares with his pursuers. His simple cloak and brown hair whips wildly behind him and he grits his teeth in grim focus.

His is trying to outdistance them but is willing to shout back a barbed taunt if he gets a chance and if they do get too close he will pull his sword.

(Should I roll Ride? with the -2 for exhausted mount of course)

(Yes, please roll your riding. This is a standard 5 round chase via horseback. Each success and raise lets you draw an action card to act on That round. I'll go ahead and roll for the bad guys.)

(they managed to get a 3. Ouch, they get no card this round and can do squat.)

Luc has a d6 riding. I rolled a 5, with a 2 on the Wild Die, with my -2 that is a 3 also so no cards for me either.

Round 2: Ugh... I rolled a 5, and 3, which is a 3 again. I'll spend a benny and reroll: 4 & wd=2 but I have Elan which gives me a +2 so that cancels out the -2. =4 a success

(Oh are we using the adventure deck? Just curious if I might have some cards and more choices)

(The cards you have is Seize the Day and Extra effort. But you may only play 1 per session. I'd hold on to it.)
(You draw a King of Hearts this round and have advantage over your pursuers.)

No, you can not do anything to improve your next ride roll. How ever you may attack, taunt, or use a trick against the marauders who will then suffer a penalty to their next roll.

Lucien came to a cliff and heroically defeated his pursuers. After grabbing his things he gets a Short Bow and regular arrows from the beaten foes. Nothing else they had was really useful.

The Cliff’s Door

Through the fog the heroes can hear the drumming of hooves, as an overwhelming mob of marauders race towards them. Their only hope of escape is down the cliff face. Lucien peers over the edge spy a narrow, dangerous rough-hewn stairway, which disappears into the fog. The stair descends for several hundred feet, until eventually it ends at an ancient, rusty, algae covered door set into the rockface. A succesful Notice roll uncovers strange runes beneath the rust, and detritus. Written in the old Cairn language, these runes translate as “Beware things unaged! Beware the gifts not refused”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom