Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Banished to the Dungeon Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the material plane and the 9 hells lies a place dark and full of terror called the Dungeon Realm. What goes on in the dungeon realm is different for each visitor. Some say it is made up of their worst nightmares.

Never even given a chance to fight back, Fridr and Radix were grabbed during the night from their beds, stripped, chained and gagged by the town guard. They were dragged to the altar of Saranrae where normally offerings of gold, jewels and flowers were made. But on this terrible evening, the altar was desecrated, runes of dark gods and goat's blood were scattered across it. The ex-priestess of Saranrae had a fearful look in her eyes.

There wasn't much for the two to do but struggle as they were chained tight naked to the altar together. The priestess was standing next to a dark unknown humanoid, with an ashen complexion and a lithe build. She with the priestess began to mutter an incantation in unison, pleading the dark ones, names the two had never heard before and doubt they could ever pronounce. The room grew clamy and wet and a storm brewed in the sky. A bolt of lightning struck directly between the two cracking the altar in two. The earth beneath them opened up in a quaking rage and the tumbled down into the depths. The earth began to reclose as they fell into the darkness. After falling for what seemed like an eternity, the two hit something shattering their manacles and knocking them unconscious.

An unknown time later, one of them awoke, head throbbing, vision distorted and in pain most severe. Darkness was all that she could see for quite some time, but as the world stopped spinning and came into focus a dark room, a stone cell came into view before her.

MD1.jpg

Wincing and letting out an almost inaudible groan, Fridr's slowly raised her hand to the back of her head and delicately felt the back of her skull. Those assholes. I swear, if I get my hands on them there won't be any forgiveness for me.

Silently fuming as she checked herself for broken bones, she was soon satisfied. Good, nothing's broken. Either that, or I'm too far gone for it to matter. Glancing around the cell from her position on the floor she searched for anything loose. Her fists would do, but an improvised weapon would always be better.

Rising unsteadily, the world swam before her eyes and she almost fell over. Damn.... Stumbling to where Radix lay, she grasped his shoulder and gently shook him. "Hey Radix, it's time to wake up."

Radix's eyes slowly opened and then they flashed open wide. He grabbed his sister violently ready to attack, but immediately his mind realized what was going on. He looked around wildly and then looked at the both of them. They both seemed uninjured and their bonds were broken. He rolled his shoulders and groaned. He released the grip on his sister's bare shoulders and rubbed his head. He knew he had taken quite a fall, but he didn't seem overly phased. More like he had just been abruptly awoken.

"Gods, I was hoping everything was all just a dream. But here we are." He looked around confused. "Of course, I don't know where here is." He slowly stood up with the help of his sister and with her investigated his surroundings.

There were a few beaten and broken crates in the far end of the room, most of them seemed to contain rotten wood and rusted scrap. There was a table with a few stools. The table seemed to have a few bits of moldy bread and decaying fruit. However, there were a few crates that were intact and with his sister started opening them for anything.

Inside the crates were unsurprisingly trash, to include a rusted dagger, a few rotted wooden arrows and what looked to be like leather armor but it was completely ruined by age and was falling apart at a touch. However, one of the boards broken off of the crate seemed rather sturdy and had a few mean looking nails sticking out of the end. Radix picked up and shook his head at the pathetic loot and held them over to his sister offering a choice of the dagger or the nail board.

Dagger.png
nailboard_render01.png

Fridr took the nail board and gave it an experimental swing. It was unbalanced, awkward to hold and had less weight behind it than she would have liked but it would have to do. She briefly thought about trying the leather armor on but quickly discarded the idea. As moldy as it was, it would probably crumble in her hands.

Gathering her braided hair and tossing it over her left shoulder, she rested the board on her right shoulder. "We're armed, now we just need a plan." Searching for an exit, she slowly steadied herself and began to walk more normally again. "Let's see where we are..."

At the end of the archway were a few side cells and most notably a large portcullis. The portcullis didn't see to have an obvious mechanism for activating it, although it was definitely still in decent enough shape to be operable.

Radix walked off to a side cell and checked the cell doors. They creaked open, but he reported after looking inside. "Nothing special, some crack bones on the floors and smashed furniture." It was quite dark still, the torches on the walls were unlit. However, their seemed to be a radiant light just out of vision that allowed their eyes to adjust just enough to see.

Fridr looked the portcullis over as her brother spoke. This was the only way out, but there wasn't any way to open it. Any traditional way, at least. "Well, no reason to stay here then. Give me a hand with this." As she finished, Fridr took a knee and grasped the lowest of the portcullis' bars she could get her hand around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom