Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Don't know if this has been brought up yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious Slave

Banned
Banished
So I was going to ask about having a character forum. So people can post their characters and people can look at them. I see some people posting their characters in journals but I think it would be a better idea to leave journals for you know journaling instead of characters. We could have it in the out of character forum or in the role-playing forum or somewhere. I think it would also be a good idea since some users don't really know how to create a whole profile or know what things to put in their profile. I'm one for example. Also it might be helpful for people to find their perfect role-play partners since they will know how their partner's characters will act and be like.

I wanted to know what other people think of this idea ^^

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4577">viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4577</a><!-- l --> ?

It could be that but my idea was to have our own thread for our own characters. Since for the posting size if you have a lot of characters and very detailed posts. Won't it not fit all of them in one post??

Yeah, there is no limit to post size. I have made posts that are 10 pages long in wordpad and not had a problem. ^_^

Is there any way to put up a sub-forum in the Open RP for character profiles?

I understand you wouldn't want to do this until it became more active,
but I actually have a couple plans to remedy that. I'll be getting around to
this once things are a bit more settled personal-wise.

edit: I say this because it would be more organized,
just go to a user's individual topic for their character profile
as opposed to searching through pages and pages of
a single topic for everyone.

DJBayview said:
I say this because it would be more organized,

I agree. I've had to search through pages to find profiles, and I find it quite unnecessary to do so when a sub-forum can be created for that purpose.

Kite Xiroh said:
DJBayview said:
I say this because it would be more organized,

I agree. I've had to search through pages to find profiles, and I find it quite unnecessary to do so when a sub-forum can be created for that purpose.
Ctrl+f?

I would tell Trygon to stop being stubborn and just create one. Then again that's no my place.
It's easy enough to just make a sub forum isn't it?? >_>

Devious Slave said:
I would tell Trygon to stop being stubborn and just create one. Then again that's no my place.
It's unneeded clutter.

About the Open Rp Subforum thing, there is three pages in the Character Posting.

While it would be nice to be able to go down a forum to see who posted what, I think that the thread the author made that was dedicated to their own characters would either A)Turn into an unnessasary spam fest or B)Will have no replies at all.

I mean...I have two characters and I fit them in one post. How many characters will you actually play that calls them to need their own topic?

Just sayin.

Trygon said:
Devious Slave said:
It's unneeded clutter.
-nods. Thanks that's all I needed to hear.​

While it would be nice to be able to go down a forum to see who posted what, I think that the thread the author made that was dedicated to their own characters would either A)Turn into an unnessasary spam fest or B)Will have no replies at all.

I wouldn't want any discussion at all. Just a reference page to look at whoever you are RPing with's PC without the hassle of looking through 20-some odd posts per page.
Also, it would promote the idea of putting more into your PC than just a name, a picture, and 'He/she can do this cool stuff and yeah.'

Well what about if we put a poll up and have everyone vote yes or not to a character thread.
Have it up for a week or two and then we will see if anyone thinks it's a good idea/bad idea.

If we reach the point where a subforum would be more efficient then a thread, I'll set it up. As it stands, we have so few users, it's not an issue.

As a generality, and from past experience, most often when 1x1 rp is offered, larger rps tend not to get much action. And there's no sense in making something big and huge for just characters when there's not much going on there. I've learned to set a benchmark for certain developements. Like establishing a subforum once you've hit a certain number of individuals who have made a profile. Maybe 100 people. Maybe 200. Just my thoughts. Hope they don't displease anyone.

I already presented this idea to the staff months ago when I was just a moderator. I decided it would need to be investigated to see if there would be a good number of people using it, or it would just be a waste.

As trygon stated, right now, it's unneeded clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom