Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Eclipse First Drops(open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was night when Asphodel tried scrying through dreams. He entered a trance and went as far as the other kingdom and scanned the surroundings. It was too dark to see but he saw what he thinks are two figures camping. He thinks that there are some traps far away but he's not sure. He quickly went back to his body. He actually didn't see any battle preparations. It's quite strange. These thoughts give him a headache.

Lea woke with a start, beads of sweat trickling down between her bare breasts. It must have been a dream, she realized as she was still in the small shelter, the scent of the woods and Viktor reminding her of where she was. Her heart beat rapidly, she was being watched, she could feel a dark presence had been among them. In her dream she had been running, still naked, through the dark woods. She had to flee this intruder and avoid her own traps in the process. He was following, just about to reach her and do...what? She didn't know, but it was a long arm reaching out towards her, long and powerful.

It was still early, before sunrise and the birds were just beginning to stir. She should get more sleep but she was certain she couldn't, not now at least. She snuggled closer to Viktor, thinking better the devil she knew than the devil she didn't. Though it was a stretch to think she knew this man and what his intentions were for her or his mission. Well she knew at least one of his intentions, remembering their evening's activity with a mixture of arousal and concern.

Her warmth against him was welcoming. Though the howling outside kept him awake and alert, it was too easy for someone to approach in this weather even with their traps set up. For some reason she seemed frightened. He didn't know why, but it was another reason to stay awake. He looked down at her with a smile, the night had been a welcome adventure and she was everything he had hoped for given the circumstances of not having proper space or a bed. Outside a few crows cawed and he decided to rise and make the mornings fire. A small meal of game would do well before setting off again. He left the tent unable to tell if she was still sleeping or not but she could have been awake or not. "If your up, join me for breakfast beautiful."

Lea must have dozed again for when she awoke he was gone. She felt a sense of loss even if it was just momentary and she found her hand caressing the place where he had been. The worst thing that could happen was for her to have feelings for this man and she fought that urge back deep within her. He was trouble, pure and simple, she should enjoy the physical pleasures he offered and nothing more. She had nearly forgotten her earlier dream, the one where she was pursued through the forest. It left her with a slight sense of foreboding, as if someone was on to his plan, whatever it might be. She had been hunted before, and this is how it felt. But never through a dream, she almost laughed at herself for being silly. No one could hunt you in your own dreams, that was a childish notion left over from rumors and legends from the days she barely remember in her old home. The fact that they were headed there, didn't make such silly stories true.

Her stomach growled almost as soon as she caught the scent of the breakfast and she heard his voice inviting her out. She gathered her barely worn night clothes but didn't put them on. It would be easier to dress outside despite the chill. She nearly changed her mind as she got half way out, her nipples hardening from the cold almost instantly. Instead she walked quickly and carefully towards his fire, clutching her soft undergarments in her hand. She stood there naked in front of the fire, stretching before him. "You are very handy to have around Sir, it smells delicious." She told him casually as if her nudity were no factor at all, the only sense of propriety was calling him Sir, acknowledging the reality of their relationship. Only after she had warmed herself, front and back by the flames did she slip into her clothes just before it was time to eat.

He smiled at her truly a beauty of a sight. As he watched her dress he leaned over and kissed her sensitive spot briefly. "I enjoy the evening, sorry if I was a bit rough." He had never apologized for that before and cast his eyes quickly to the fire. Moments later the little creatures was stripped into pieces and shared with her. Looking up in the clear sky he could just make out the tower of the town they were heading towards. The birds still sang there song all creatures still moved as if danger were not approaching. Bliss for them was life.

"Did you sleep well? Your dreams seemed disturbed, or do you always toss a bit in your sleep?" He took a bite, the meat was salty and a little tough, but that's nature for you unless you had spices, and none grew in the immediate area. "And don't call me Sir, I'm' no knight just a warrior and I'm not nearly that old."

His apology surprised her, perhaps there was some tenderness underneath all that anger and malice. "Thank you" was all she could manage to say, not sure how she felt about their evening. She had expected to be used, powerful males usually considered it their right. Though she was rarely helpless in such matters, circumstances often required a certain level of submission.

"I dreamt of being pursued, it is just nonsense I suppose, but it did seem rather real." She thought back about the pursuit and how the pursuer seemed to be prodding her mind. She ate as well, knowing she would need to keep her strength up to follow this man into who knows what. "So what can you tell me of what lies ahead? And...what is expected of me?"

The next day, King Markadan called Asphodel and told him that they would attack the kingdom of Eckbart soon, that they are planning to advance the battle to surprise their enemies. Asphodel protested and began to tell the king that the other kingdom weren't actually preparing for the war but the king waved him off. "It could be a trap. I expect you to be with Lightstream in the grounds in three hours. He could help change the tide of the battle."

Asphodel reluctantly carried this out. In three hours, he was already in the geounds in his battle armor and with his staff in his hands.

"What's expected of you, is nothing more then what's already been done. When the fighting and killing starts I'm sure you'll know what to do." His eyes seemed to scan ahead for any sign of others nearby. "What lies ahead? I'm no prophet, but it will include a lot of death. I"ve been tasked with taking out key members of the political structure of the surrounding empires. The King believes that this will slow or stop an on coming war, by taking out it's supporters. However I think it would give cause to those who were against it to instead raise arms. Orders are orders though."

With that he stood and gathered his things, taking down the tent and waiting for her to finish to put out the small fire and make it as if they were never there in the first place.

"Do you always follow orders?" She asked, wondering at how it was that a man as strong as him would not simply follow his own council when it came to such weighty matters. Especially when so far out of the reach of anyone that could force him. Lea understood force, but other than that, she was a free spirit for the most part. Doing what she wanted at her own leisure.

She knew she should get up and help, or at least offer, but he seemed to handle it all so well she rationalized she would only be in the way. She provided him comfort in her way and she would likely help him despite his misgivings about his own mission. She still had lingering concerns about her dream, if they expected him, even his strength would not be enough to ward off the power of an entire empire.

"Always? No. However being that there could be things I don't understand or information I wasn't told about, I could be wrong. Better to follow out the mission and see where it leads. If I find fault in it at anytime, then I'll abandon it." But would he? The call to simply kill, to watch his enemies, or victims, fall was strong. But he had never played this role, even though he had training for it. Assassination jobs were not what he enjoyed. He'd rather face things head on.

When all was done and packed he looked at her a moment. "What is your fighting style? And come we'd better get moving. The mountains are just up ahead. With any luck it won't rain." He proceeded forward.

King Markadan had already commanded the cannons to be ready to shoot. Asphodel relictantly said the incantation to wake up Lightstream. The doll that he carried with him blinked then grew to human size. He was also in battle armor with spear in hand.

This time, Markadan smiled and ordered the cannons to set fire to the opposing kingdom- that of King Eckbart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom