Post apocalyptic world; no zombies or nuclear fallout. Elements of science-fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayebee

Meteorite
Hi everyone!

So this is my very first request. Hopefully it catches someone's attention and something fun can come of it. Just PM me if you're interested. I'm only looking for one other person (gender is irrelevant) but I'm quite happy to accommodate a group if there is interest and logistics allow for it.

Fair warning; my replies aren't always going to be fast. I don't get a great deal of time online but I will certainly make an effort to squeeze in as many posts when I can and will PM the involved participant(s) to inform them of any extended delays.

Posted below is the premise of the world. It's more of a rough overview and quite open to some restructuring if appropriate.

Setting: Post apocalyptic world; no zombies or nuclear fallout. Elements of science-fiction. Reasonably dramatic climate change with negative impacts on agriculture and population size.

"I'm not sure I've ever seen the color green. It's not a myth though, ya know? Mama used to sing to me about how it used to be, before the birds all died." ~Fawn

The year is long forgotten by the inhabitants of Earth. The once lush green jungles and grey concrete cityscapes of the world were transformed into an arid dust bowl generations ago. Accounts of the Great Calamity died away with the last of the survivors; these facts now relegated to exaggerated stories and complex myths told by Elders to children.

The ideologies of the twentieth century have been reduced to a few half rotted pages that litter the sealed military vaults deep underground; abandoned and long forgotten. New deities have arisen in their wake, birthed by the minds of those who know only struggle and pain. Cruel and unforgiving Baher, the God of the Dryness and Death roars and thunders in the sky against his nemesis Aquais, the Goddess of Water and Life. Their battles displayed to the faithful in dry lighting storms that illuminate the night sky. Opposing temples devoted to the entities have created a constant sense of tension that is almost palpable as the static that looms in the air.

Scattered across the semi-barren lands; clusters of humanity cling to life in little colonies, scavenging to survive. In makeshift underground housing they seek shelter from the nightly storms and the sometimes searing heat of the sun. Money is a notion relegated to lost memory, replaced by a bartering trade system and the most precious resource of all: water. It's a cruel and somewhat archaic scene, similar in technology to the late 1800's.

Unbeknownst to the general population, scattered across the world are several large cities encased in bio-domes that are still green, fertile and thriving. Advanced technology, historical records and medical knowledge has been preserved. Knowing the cataclysmic event that changed the world was a result of a failed military experiment in terraforming to prevent the effects of Global Warming, the existence of these places is a guarded secret. Understanding the consequences of previous actions, the sects of humanity that live in these cities rely on a strict code of population control and resource management to stay sustainable. No-one gets in and only those who choose to break the rules leave; their memories and minds no longer intact.

MY CHARACTER:
Fawn is in her early 20's, which is a guess at best as time isn't measured the same way anymore. There is no awareness of the accurate passing of time as obscured skies at night make charting stars impossible.

An orphan on her own in the world, Fawn survives by her wits and relative street smarts. Innately distrustful of other people, she is reluctant to let anyone get close. Like all people in the world, she is resourceful and rough.

Fed up with the hostile world she was born into, Fawn hears stories and rumors of places where green vegetation exists. Bubble towns that were preserved and kept safe from the God and Goddess. Determined, she sets off on an adventure to uncover the truth behind the rumors and to seek a better life for herself. Along her journey she meets some unexpected characters, some to become friends, others foes who will both aid and hinder her quest.

Stats:
Height: 5'8"
Build: Athletic-Slim
Skin tone: Caucasian-slightly tanned from sun exposure
Hair colour: Mousey brown
Hair length: shoulder length
Eye colour: Two toned- One is pale green, the other pale blue.
Belief in supernatural creatures: Yes- Gods
Religion: Blessed under the Temple of the Goddess
Relationship status: Single
Commitment issues: Yes
Orientation: Unknown. She's completely naive and not really interested.
Lives: She has no idea regarding large scale geography.
Family: None
Accent: Blended beyond recognition
Drinks alcohol: Never tried it
Takes drugs: N/A
Predetermined story: Yes- with room for alteration

YOUR CHARACTER:
No specifications on gender.
Human preferred but open to some blending with cybernetics and/or mutation.

Possible/suggested plot points:

*Your character may be originally from a dome city wanting to get home/revenge/answers.
*Your character may be deliberately withholding information from Fawn.
*Your character might be an ancestor of someone who was responsible for the "Great Calamity."

As I said, if this sounds like a good fit for you, please feel free to PM me. Just a note though, while I don't mind the occasional smut, I'm not into RP's that are just purely that. I also don't do any non-consensual themed sexual interactions RP's. Other than that, I'm open to twists and turns and just seeing where the collaboration leads.

Thanks for reading! Have an awesome day/night/whatever passage of time you choose to adhere to. :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom