Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Liquid Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hansuke busied himself moving around heavyish equipment into convenient places for his friends. He grinned at Emi's excited reaction upon seeing Danika's garage, being exactly like how he pictured it in his head. "Yep." He spoke over his shoulder. "Danika's place has everything we'll need for rehearsal. I think she even has some sheet music for various old songs, right Dankika-chan?" He started sorting and plugging in some cords for the equipment. He also giggled at Kiyo's comment. "Tsk tsk Kiyo, all those double entendres of yours are gonna back fire one of these days."

Finally, Hansuke took a step back, having finished setting everything up. "Perfect." He said, pulling up a chair. "Oh I can't wait to hear you guys! You're going to sound fantastic, I'm sure of it!" It wasn't too hard to tell that Hansuke was just as eager for them to play, probably more so than the girls themselves.

Danika couldn't help grinning a little as she heard the quieter of the two girl's enthusiam. She came back with her keyboard in time to respond to Emi, "Thanks, my brother and his wife, spoil me a bit. But he always supported my music, I can play the violin too... but I always liked keyboard better, besides you can't play synth music on a violin." She joked lightly, she flushed a little at the rather obvious double entendre of Kiyo's words though and couldn't help giggling when Hansuke pointed it out, even as she began hooking up her key board to the appropriate equipment she pressed a few keys testing the hook up, playing a short version of the american tune smoke on the water, in a trumpet none the less, she liked to experiment with the various instrument settings on her instrument, then she pressed a button going to the default piano setting.

"Hmm? Oh right music!" She hurried over to a cabinet next to the stairs... "I am not sure if the music will switch over to guitar well though... I can easily get the sheet music for the guitar though if we decide to go along with it. She had several songs each either in a booklet or stapled together, clearly printed from the internet. She blushed a little as she handed out several copies of each song, "I.... Sort of always wanted to be in a band..." She admitted hiding her eyes behind her bangs a little, So ... I have extra copies of everything."

Emi was more than a little bit surprised at Kiyo's comments. Her fingers landed on the guitar with a rough note to say the least before shaking her head, simply not entirely sure what to do with the apparent singer of the group. Before thinking too hard on that Emi switched her attention back over to Danika and the music, picking up some of the sheets with various songs and nodding, "I should be fine. Just tell me which one we're playing. Now that Heri's all tuned up and ready to go." Still, in the back of her mind Emi was thinking about Kiyo's comment. No matter how calm she was on the outside she was still trying to figure out exactly what the other girl was doing. Was she just joking around? Was she actively teasing her in a less-than-friendly way? More importantly, why was it so important that she wanted to find out which one it was?

Either way, Emi knew that she had to at least respond without aggression. Should the other girls be on the same musical level as she was it wouldn't be great to already cause friction with the group. Keeping a cool head about things was key. Instead of waiting for a response from Danika, Emi immediately recognized the work of Frank Sinatra and jumped right into playing around with the sheet music for that song, a small smirk slowly playing off her face.

"Oh I know this one! Frank Sinatra!" Kiyo said excitedly after Emi had played a few bars, even on the guitar the song was recognizable;

"Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a, Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me
"

Kiyomi's English pronunciation wasn't perfect, her Japanese heritage would be obvious to anyone who spoke fluent English but for a Japanese audience it would pass just fine, practice would iron it out as well. The song lent itself well to Kiyomi's personality, playful and fun she found herself dancing around a bit as she sang.

Kiyo felt the room fill with the sounds of their music, it was a quick little pickup but already she felt her heart swelling with the possibilities, a real band!

She stopped after a few verses and grinned, already loving the feeling of singing to peoples instrumentals in the same room, rather then a speaker putting out the pre-recorded backing of Karaoke.

Hansuke tried his best to keep quiet and out of the girl's way as they began warming up, a task he found to be increasingly difficult. Luckily for him, Dorirubitto had woken from his cat nap and had returned in time to witness their first performance as band. He beckoned his cat onto his lap, directing his attention to him so as to not bother the girls. "Good timing lazy bones, the girls were just about to start." He said to the feline, stroking his back as he once again got comfortable. "Hey don't fall back asleep now, don't you want to hear how they'll sound?" Dorirubitto let out a raspy meow in response. "Well no, I'm know that they're going sound fantastic. That's not really the point." Dorirubitto responded with another meow. "Oh don't a smart ass, just shut up and listen." Hansuke turned his attention back to his friends, eager to see them play together for the first time.

((Ugh, so so sorry for the super late response guys! I gotta kick this writer's block. >.<))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom