Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The legend of Tatia Patrova - (Supernatural affairs)

StarBrightKisses

Super-Earth
(Little side note, I am using Canon characters from the show The Originals, but the story is mine and part canon. Up to a certain point)

Tatia Petrova had been a woman who had been alive over a thousand years ago, or so that's how the story was told. It was a secret of course that she had actually been alive and only a handful of people knew... though we are getting ahead of ourselves, let us start from the beginning.

Tatia was born an only child to a peaceful family and village, she was a free spirit but very gullible, it was said her beauty was no match for those around her. Every woman envied and wanted to be in her shoes and every man wanted her for their own despite the child she had. She had been wed once but sickness had taken her husband and it left her a very young widow with a daughter of the name Cassandra Petrova. She was everything to Tatia and everything she had done was to protect her child. Even making sacrifices for her child to eat and have food and shelter and clothing on her back.

Needless to say, she was struggling when the Mikaelson family had arrived to the village. Esther, the mother who was a witch had her own witchy companions with her, whom they claimed as family as well. The father Mikael had been a hard ass on the children and was known not to be crossed with a temper of somewhat. The oldest son, Finn had mostly kept to himself and helped his father and mother out the most. Never causing trouble and always minding his manners.

Then there was Elijah Mikaelson, a very charming and controlled gentleman, he always was the one to try and keep the peace in his family. She had caught his eye right away, not to her knowledge yet. Then there was his slightly younger brother, Klaus Mikaelson. Noone knew at the time but the mother had an affair with a wolf chief in her old village which sent Mikael into a rage, killing them all and having to have them leave and relocate to this new village which was known as present day Mystic Falls. Esther being a witch and not wanting to ruin her marriage had repressed her son's wolf side, letting him be free of the curse of changing under the full moon so Mikael would never have to be plagued with a constant reminder of their shame.

There was a blonde female daughter by the name of Rebekah who was the most sweetest, romantic person she had ever known and one day she hoped her newly found friend would find happiness. Though it had taken a while for them to become friends. Tatia was not the most popular person since she had a child but no husband. She didn't let that get to her though, people would always talk. Her today the new comers tomorrow.

There was yet two more children from the family a young mischievous young man named Kol and then there was the youngest boy, his name was Henrik. She had fell under the families spell instantly and wanted to know each of them. She knew the way in was with the parents so she went to Esther first, presenting herself as a neighbor which Esther was happy to receive. "You have been the first to show us kindness, thank you for that. Would you like to stay for breakfast?"

Just then the two playful brothers Klaus whom she was immediately attracted to, and Elijah who she found very charming and sweet came into the kitchen rough housing. Esther had scolded both of them. "Can you not see we have a guest, stop acting like animals and say hello to the lovely Tatia Petrova." Rebekah walked in and sat beside her with a big bright smile, "You are very pretty." At that Klaus and Elijah both choked on their biscuits they snatched out the bowl on the table."

Esther scolded them both "You two will ruin your appetite, I have asked Tatia to stay for breakfast." She suddenly stood and smiled nodded her head at the woman in thanks as she rejected. "Thank you but I must get back to my daughter. Her father died. So it's only me." She turned to leave the cottage and smiled with a wave. "Bye. Nice meeting you all." - "Same here." Both brothers said at once which made Rebekah and Esther look at each other cautiously.

At first it was just the two admiring her from a far, whispering to each other as if their mother could not hear. "Is she not beautiful?" - "The most beautiful woman I have ever seen." Klaus said just as Henrik and Mikael walked into the room, catching the last of that. His father scowled and shook his head. "You should have your head on your skills and hard work, not women." Henrik chimed in curiously, very childlike being he was only ten and one. "Then how did you get mama?" Mikael grinned and pulled his wife close to him by hip and kissed her cheek softly then moved her hair off the back of her neck before placing yet another kiss. "Your mother put a love spell on me."

It was not true and made that clear with a wink, as he wrapped his arm around Esther looking into her eyes lovingly. "I was just lucky son, and one day Klaus you will have your own home and land and be lucky to find someone." His son had a temper though, a result from the repressed wolf side secret his mother had done. "And what if I have found her now father?" His eyes narrowed. "It would kill you to see me happy would it not?!" Mikael raged himself yelling back as he hit the table with a fist. "I will not tolerate that tone from you boy." Klaus stood and mumbled out a fine before storming out, leaving Esther to glare at her husband as the other children tried to busy themselves with helping setting the table for breakfast.

Elijah had went out after his brother and found him shortly beating at a tree with a sword. "You will dull it out." Klaus turned on Elijah, rage red in his eyes. "Why must he do that to me? He says nothing to the rest of you but me, it's like I'm the black sheep or something." Elijah tried again "He does love you, brother." Klaus just groaned and rolled his eyes as they were surrounded by the woods he screamed out.

Rebekah had slipped away from the glaring mother, and she drug her little brother Henrik with her. "Come on." She had whispered to her youngest brother as she walked outside, looking for her elder brothers curiously with her youngest. "You don't want to hear this." The only reason why Rebekah knew the secret was because she was always snooping and listening in and putting her nose where it shouldn't be.

Esther glared at Mikael and once her children were all out of the room, she began to argue with her husband and scorn him. "Why must you do that to him! You know you are the only father he has ever known and he does not know he is not your son!" Mikael grunted and sat down at the head of the table, awaiting his plate of breakfast. "That boys head has always been in the clouds he is no good at fighting or hunting, how will he ever keep a family alive like that?" She slammed his plate down in front of him hard. "You are too rough on him!"

Finn and Kol had heard their mother arguing with their father so they stayed in the back of the hut in their rooms. Finn had looked at Kol who had begun to put his hands up as he laughed and shook his head. "I am not going in there." Then he turned and climbed out the window of the hut, Finn however stayed behind to clean up the room.

Rebekah found her brothers, Niklaus was going off about their father and Elijah was just standing there listening to it all. While he had been ranting and raving, his sister walked right up to him and wrapped her arms around him, which oddly always calmed him down. "I am so sorry he is mean to you like that brother, but we all love you and we will stand behind you always and forever." She looked at Elijah and smiled nodded her head slightly "Is that not right, Eli?" - "Always and forever." He looked deep into his brothers eyes. "We love you and together we will stand behind you. Always."

Klaus just stood there with an angry tear in his eye as he pouted and stared away but he mumbled in return, "Always and forever." The brothers went back to the hut some time after that, knowing their father would be out hunting for the day, everyone was there laughing and cutting up as their mother took care of the chores around the house Rebekah had slipped away again, getting out of her share.

She had taken a walk down one of the many dirt roads of the village and found herself around the outskirts and the further she walked the more the wild flowers grew until there was an entire field of them as far as the eye could see and a small hut off towards the distance. At first Rebekah walked along the road, smelling each flower, and then she went to knock on the door of the cottage out in the middle of nowhere.

When she came to the door, she knocked and waited, twirling a flower in her fingers as she waited, and to her surprise it was Tatia Petrova that answered the door with her daughter Cassandra on her hip. "Rebekah? What are you doing here?" The blonde smiled and turned, walking out a little way from the door as she smelled the purple flower. "I went for a walk and ended up here, so I knocked out of impulse." Tatia walked out with Cassandra and smiled. "Well this is where I live, is it not the prettiest you have ever seen?" The blonde smiled and looked out and around at all the flowers. "What are they called?" - "The people call them vervain, but they are just wild flowers."

"Well I love them." She smiled at Tatia and then she waved, "I'll have to go now, my family will be looking for me." She smiled and walked away from Tatia and her daughter, walking home slowly and enjoying the scenery as she walked, smiling to herself as she thought of how she would rub it in her brother Nik and Eli all about her knowing where the mysterious Tatia Petrova and her daughter Cassandra lived."

Rebekah had walked back to the Mikaelson hut slowly smelling her purple vervain flower, she loved the way the wild flower had smelled and even slipped it in her long blonde braid, weaving it in her hair as she walked down the dirt road as the sun started to go down. She hadn't noticed how long she had been gone, but then again she had stopped and smelled the flowers and explored all over. The flower field had been the most beautiful and she had walked a while in it, taking herself to the middle before laying down in all of that purple.

When she had made it home, it was around the same time Mikael had begun fussing the boys Elijah and Klaus for their playful sword fighting around the hut. Esther had been watching them go at it as she hung the clothes on the line and the brothers had been submerged into their play as Mikael came walking up the road with his kill of the day in his hand for his wife to clean and cook that night over the fire. The boys hadn't done anything wrong but he still found something to fuss about and it was Klaus that he focused it all on.

Elijah tried coming to his rescue, claiming that it had been him who had initiated all of the play but Mikael had just shut him down and continued to yell at Klaus. The boy who had been tired of getting always beat down on by who he thought was his father, made the mistake to back talk him and question why it was this way but it had earned him a backhanded smack across the face which was so hard that it made him fall down onto the ground. Mikael stood over him like a bully and yelled for him to stand up and fight like a man but Rebekah had already rushed to his side and hugged him tightly as if to shield him from their fathers abuse and Esther had called to Mikael.

"Mikael!" His attention turned from the cowering boy and to his wife who had rushed over and took him by the arms to lead him inside. "You have caught a mighty meal for us tonight. And thankfully before the full moon tonight." See the chief from the next town had been of the American Indian decent, but he had also been a wolf, that was how Esther knew he wasn't Mikael's and she had performed a spell to hold that side back of him but not before her husband had found out.

The night she had performed the spell had to be on a high full moon, so her baby had to change and he had found her in the woods with the wolf pup, but when he went to kill it and she stopped him. That was when he knew but he stared in disbelief as she finished the ritual and Klaus had turned back into the baby boy he had been. It was the same night that the secret had been found out but as he grew older and older it ate at the father.

Right before they had moved to the new village, he had lost his temper and went into a rage, killing the chief and most of the village under yet another full moon. Some of the wolves however had fled and instead of packing up and leaving they made new lives in the neighboring villages around, spreading out the wolf community and even making new ones when they married regular girls. Even the women of the community wasn't immune to passing the wolf gene.

Some of the wolves from the old village had settled in this area as well but they all steered clear of the Mikaelson family and did not let anyone know they had known the family before. When they would be invited to things they would usually turn it down, knowing the family would be making their own place in the social world. They wanted no part and did not want to risk their lives for the past.

Rebekah had hugged her elder brother Nik tightly and then helped him up as she shook her head, he defiantly wiped at his eyes, hating that his little sister had seen him like this. Hating that Mikael was able to make him cower so low like that, he felt trapped and hated his father. It was then that he said it for the first time in forever. "I hate him." She nodded and so did Elijah as he walked in closer. "I think we all do brother." Rebekah chimed in and nodded her agreement. "Indeed."

Finn had been inside helping his mother with the meal and Kol was still out running around mischievously, flirting around with all the cute girls of the village as Henrik came walking slowly outside after hearing all that happened. He placed his hand into his big brothers hand and smiled, just that little action showed Klaus how much his siblings loved him. It made him smile back and he nodded silently thanking all of them for their support and love.

That night everyone had ate in silence after washing up and putting on their night clothes, coming to the table as if someone had died. It was much like that in the Mikaelson house unless there was company, only then did they all try to be the happy family a lot of the people outside of their tight circle knew them as. Though where ever Mikael went he had a hard ass persona about him and it showed. He had no friends or acquaintaces, he was always fishing or hunting.

The next few days were quiet like the calm before the storm. Things had been so peaceful everyone behaved themselves and though Rebekah and Nik snuck out to go and make markings on the wall of the village cave they had stumbled across they had not gotten caught and returned without incident from their father.

In a few days would be the new moon and then the full would come along that was when everyone would retreat into their huts and not come out, but on the night of the new one the villagers usually had a big fire to celebrate and all the villagers went. It was some village boy come to ask Rebekah to the dance, which she accepted and Klaus pouted, no one was good enough for his sister. He even asked Elijah if they were going to let that goof take off with their little sister tonight, and he had shrugged and didn't see the problem. "I do not see the problem, Niklaus, she is getting older now. She deserves happiness."

Just as they had been whispering to each other Mikael had stepped behind Esther and started with his own list of reasons why his daughter should not go to the bond fire dance with that boy. While they were whispering and fighting for once at a volume that their children could not hear but definitely see it was a heated discussion.

Rebekah jumped with pride and excitement as she walked over to her two elder brothers, a wide smile on her face. "Can you believe it? I was asked to the fire dance, and rumor has it Tatia Petrova is going to be there." The boys looked at each other and both began to grin silently. Esther whispered back at Mikael "I don't see why she shouldn't go." Her voice got louder so the children knew they should listen up "Besides I think the boys are going, I know they shall keep an eye on her are you going boys?" Niklaus was the first to answer yes, but Elijah was only mere seconds behind and they both looked at their mother and smiled nodding. "Yes mother we are going as well."

Kol who had been sitting next to Henrik at the table nibbling on something sweet their mother had made for after dinner, had laughed and turned his gaze to Rebekah his slightly younger sister. "You sure your dress is going to fit? You have been eating like a porker these days." She lounged at him and slapped him "Shut up you're just jealous you did not get a date for the dance." That made him upset and he stormed out of the room and into his, but quickly left out of the window leaving his food on the table. She turned to her mother and father and began to work on them. "So daddy can we?" He looked at his wife Esther and then groaned and nodded. "Aye, you may go. Do not stay out too late." He turned his head to his boy Elijah and pointed "I expect you have both of them back home and in their nightgowns at a decent hour."

Elijah nodded and mumbled a yes sir and then turned to retire for the night, he and his brother both had it in their heads to ask Tatia Petrova to be their date for the fire dance the night of the new moon.

A new day had arrived, and surprisingly it was Rebekah that was first out of bed and at her morning chores, singing and humming away happily as she helped and did whatever her mother asked. She wanted to finish with all her chores so she could go and find the boy in the village that had asked her out to the fire dance before fleeing. She couldn't blame him though, Mikael Mikaelson was a scary man, and this commoner was asking out his baby girl.

Finn was the second to wake, even enquiring to Rebekah about why she was awake, to which her mother had replied for him to mind his own and leave her be, which made her smile and mouth 'thank you' to her before she moved in to hug her as an after thought.

Nik and Elijah had woken up at their usual times, though Mikael had stayed behind until his sons had come into the front. He was taking Elijah on a hunting trip, deliberately leaving out Niklaus' invitation to tag along. Henrik the youngest had begged him as well, but he was turned down with the excuse that he was too young. Ignoring the way Nik looked at his father from across the table. Esther tried to pretend she hadn't noticed, it was better than yet another fight, but Rebekah had seen it and frowned at the way her father acted.

Klaus didn't even know he wasn't the son of Mikael, it gave her father no right to kick him out like that metaphorically. Nik, anger boiling over him silently now, turned to his father and through gritted teeth he nodded once and mumbled out a firm stiff "Father." then he turned to his mother Esther and smiled softly. "Please excuse me mother." Without another word, Klaus stormed out of the room and into the shared bedroom of all the Mikaelson siblings. Kol had just snuck in and was going into the front when he ran smack into Klaus who had grunted and pushed him back, taking his anger out on Kol.

"Get out of the way, and if you're going in there, warning HE is in there and will notice you are in your clothes from yesterday. We might keep your secrets for some ungodly known reason, but I will not be blamed for this either. Turn around and change... NOW!" Kol looked at his older brother with wide eyes and moved to change just as he was told but he was surprised. Not that it would happen though, he seen that coming from miles away, only that he wasn't bottling in all the anger anymore. It was slowly coming out. Though, Kol not knowing the secret that Rebekah did, couldn't see that it was his wolf side begging to come out. It was the moon's, his kind, on a full moon would make them change into wolves but the spell that Esther had put on Niklaus had suppressed the wolf from coming out it didn't hold off the anger and rage.

He seemed more emotional around the new moon, and the night on the full moon he had this feeling of not belonging there. Every fiber of his being itched to be just set free and run wild, literally. As Nik disappeared into their room, Rebekah followed him back there, kneeling down by his side as she placed a hand on his thigh. "Hey. Hey, look at me!" Nik rolled his eyes and sighed looking at her. "What Bekah, I am not in the best of moods as you could see." She rolled her eyes and took both his hands into hers, leaning in as she smiled.

He thought someone was wrong with her by the way she was looking and smiling at him all weird. He looked down at her tilted his head as he frustratedly sighed. "You already told me she was going, so what is this?" She smacked her beloved Nik on the shoulder and narrowed her blue eyes at him. "Yes, I told you and Elijah that .. but I have more information." Nik stood and took Rebekah by the shoulders eyes wide and full of pure happiness, it had been a while that she seen that look.

That's why it needed to be perfect, her brother deserved happiness, even though Elijah liked her as well he would just have to let them be happy, but with the life Nik had to live, he definitely deserved it. "Dammit Rebekah, snap out if your head and get back into reality. You know something that he doesn't. About WHO " Rebekah rolled her eyes and sighed placing her hands on her head. "I'm trying to tell you if you'll stop interrupting me." - "No sister I think you've finally gone brain dead." Calling out to Esther for no reason at all just to annoy his little sister even more "Ma, didn't you tell me you dropped Bekah on her head as a baby." Her mother stuck her head in just to roll her eyes and then she disappeared back into the kitchen.

"Behave children. Rebekah if you leave today make sure you are back at a decent time this time young lady, we have to make you a dress for this fire ball of theirs.. my gods we have so much to do." She went back into the kitchen mumbling about all she would need for her daughter.

Rebekah looked at her mother cautiously and then back to Nik, she needed to get this said so she could go to the village and tell the boy yes after all since he had ran at the first sound of Mikaels voice. "Nik, listen to me, Tatia Petrova lives on this road here" She pulled him to their window and pointed it out. "You follow that road, past the purple field of wild flowers, there will be one cottage. That's where she lives. Elijah does not know and I am sure he will feel the same." She didn't bring up the incident that morning but they were all there, they knew they seen and pretended not to see. Which played a toll on Klaus. Noone but his mother to take up for him but he never seen that part. So he blamed a lot of it on her.

Rebekah took his hands and pulled her outside, using his bigger body to block hers as they went outside. "Bekah where are you going, you have a dress to try on." She laughed and shook her head, "in the time it takes to make a dress he could have already moved on." -"Oh come on mama don't sew that slow." Rebekah narrowed her eyes and hissed. "Just shh. Go to Tatia's and I shall go and find my beau and tell him yes I accept.

They went their separate ways, Nik walking to Tatia's as Rebekah went on a search of her own. Rebekah finally found him after walking all through out the village, talking to new people meeting new friends, it was the first time their family was accepted into social society. Everyone seemed so friendly here. It was wonderful it would be a good home to them all. Somewhere to settle down and have a family.

But when Rebekah seen the lowly common boy down a darkened alley with a seemingly willfull girl that wanted him. She frowned and straightened, growing up with as many brothers she did, they taught her not to put up with things that were wrong. She walked down that alley way and when he noticed Rebekah he gasped and tried to explain. "It is not what it looks" - "Oh please just stop it. I guess you want this?" The boy recanted and told her that they would be able to go to the dance together she laughed shaking her head. "No. I'll still be able to go and find me a man of value. You are nothing but a pig!"

She slapped his cheek, turned to the girl, who though she was going to be hit but instead, Rebekah told her she could have him. Then she stormed out of the alley and the other woman not far along, taking it as a warning, if Rebekah Mikaelson did not want him he was bad news. She wasn't sure if she should feel grateful or annoyed. Maybe it was a good thing, they respected her and her family so much.

Nik had walked in the direction his little sister had given him, he could see the purple field of wild flowers. Smiling to himself as he imagined his little sister frolicking around and laying in the middle of the vervain purple flower, she loved the way they smelled. He hoped ... nah, he would not hope her happiness. Noone would ever be good enough for her. She was too pure of heart to let someone harm her. Or touch her. So he hoped that she hadn't found happiness at the end of her journey. Finally he knocked at Tatia's door and smoothed himself out.

Her daughter Cassandra had come to the door, the small child smiled she being at that stage in life where everyone was a friend. The four year old came to the door first and began to chat with him, but not long after Tatia moved her back to her toys and opened the door to step outside, her head to the side. "I'm guessing Rebekah told you and Elijah where I live?" He smirked and sat on her stairs as he picked at the grass beneath his feet. "She just told me. And I'm here for..."

Tatia followed him to the steps and tilted her head once again, all this secrecy was going to drive her mad. "So you are here for?" He took her head and pulled her closer, looking at her in the eye. "I know that you and I have something, I'd like to see what that something is between us. Thing is, I got here first." It was a joke but one Tatia didn't like she smacked him and shook her head. "You're so rude, Niklaus." He laughed and put his hands up "Okay okay it was I am sorry. But listen this is what I want to speak to you about. This new moon fire party, my sister was invited and so now me and Elijah has to go. Maybe you could be my date? And maybe find a friend for him?"

Tatia was stunned it had been ages since she was invited to that, only single people never wedded before that got the invites, but since there was a man interested in her and not just gawking at her, she was going. She turned to Niklaus and nodded jumping up and down happily. Then she pulled away with wide eyes. "I gotta get ready, on with my dress!" He rolled his eyes and stood, pulling Tatia by the hips as he pulled her closer to him placing a kiss on her lips. "I'll see you for the day of the new moon. I could only imagine my house and what it looks like now." He waved to the little girl who was shy of Nik then he blew a kiss to Tatia who was on cloud nine.

She would have to get help from some of her friends in the village though she didn't have many. They would surely make sure Cassandra was looked after and help with the dress. Once she was confide she could get their help, she waved and yelled a thank you after him which made him chuckle finding her a character. She rushed back inside to make the dress for the new moon fire dance.

Rebekah had made it home by the time that Klaus had, she and Esther was in a heated conversation Esther thought she should still go, it was a great place to meet a new Beau to flaunt in that no goods face. Rebekah had argued that it was actually good she wasn't going that way Nik and Tatia could have some time alone. Mikael and Elijah had timed it perfectly and walked in front the hunt. Nik turned to Elijah and whispered "I'm sorry brother" Elijah looked at Nik and smiled. "It's just a date right? Besides you deserve it." Rebekah gasped and pointed at Nik "See, I told you." Mikael stepped in now, going formal and calling it a family meeting and instead of the kitchen we were to go to the living area. Mikael the first to go and then Esther and Finn the rest came last.

"I understand that now Rebekah has no date, but Nik does? Now Nik you know boys are supposed to be with girls right." Elijah stood and placed a hand on Niklaus shoulder to just show his love is stronger than anything that could be thrown at them. "Father, Nik is going with a woman." He avoided saying who it was because of who she was. "You both are wrong." Mikael chimed in, rather calmly, they didn't know whether to run or shit first. "The deal was, if Rebekah went, you two could as well... now that Rebekah isn't going..." As soon as she heard where this was going she bit her pride and went to try on the dress. "...you two are not going. The deal was as long as she went."

He looked around his children's faces, finally she stepped out of the room from their room and into the kitchen. "What do you think?" She looked up and as Rebekah's blue eyes teared up she thanked her mother. Mikael looked pissed but said not a word. Elijah and Nik made her face them whispering "You sure?" She grabbed her siblings hands and smiled "I heard something that made me think of us, forever and always. That's us. No matter what Nik, you got us.

Klaus and Elijah both eyed her and folded her arms over her chest to try and okay dumb. "Why were you about to not go? You love those things?" Elijah jumped in after Klaus. "Yea." Rebekah rolled her eyes "I could go back inside and change you know. Enjoy your night. Elijah you can keep me company while Nik is on his date." They all agreed and began on their supper for that night. Klaus and Henrik were outside every now and then they would hear a wolf in the distance but it was the full moon they had to be afraid of. Full moon's brought out all the supernatural world. Little wolves were a threat yes, but it was a man that could change between the two skins that would make them all fearful.

The night of the camp fire had finally come, Tatia had borrowed a dress from one of her friends who was born to an upper class, one of the few friends she had that had not turned her back on her after she became a young widow. Tatia Petrova had felt like a princess, and Cassandra Petrova her daughter would not let her forget it, she went around the cottage singing and hopping around in a gleeful mood about her mother being so pretty. Her friend of course helped her dress and even offered to stay and watch her daughter all night.

Tatia laughed and rolled her eyes, "I will not be staying out that late, I am still a lady none the less." She giggled and let her friend do her hair and then rub her skin with the liquid from the honey suckle flower on her neck. "There, not only will you smell like flowers, but you will taste sweet shall he move in for a kiss on the neck." She winked and then swiped a little on her chest, which was supported by a corset and made her bosom poke out even more than when in normal dresses.

As the sun went down, there was a knock at her door, Tatia actually felt nervous, her long brown hair done in curls and braided on each side of her head to keep her hair out her face. She opened the door and seen not only Niklaus standing there, but Rebekah as well, she smiled gave Cassandra a hug and then walked outside. "What are you both doing here? Bekah I thought you had a date?" Nik wore a satisfied grin as his little sister told the story of how she had found him in an alley way with another girl kissing on her, so she had decided to go and make him loath the day he had betrayed Rebekah Mikaelson, though Elijah and Niklaus had that already planned out.

Nik offered his arm to Tatia and smiled gentleman like, "my sister and I have come to escort you to the bonfire, and Elijah will meet us there." Tatia had looked between them and blushed, she thought both brothers were very handsome though Klaus had asked her first to the dance, had Elijah asked her she would have said yes as well. Both brothers had intrigued her so much by the bond they had shared, that she wanted to know both of them, though romantically was far from her mind but not particularly off of it, after all she had Cassandra to think of and her daughter would always come first to her.

When they got to the bonfire it had already begun, the smell of meat over fire filled the air and villagers played music while others had danced and sung all around the fire. Tatia felt a part of the village again, like she was accepted. Elijah had met up with the trio at the party just as they had said, and then Rebekah and Eli had left Klaus and Tatia to their own means. He stepped behind her and whispered softly in her ear as he touched her fingers lightly, "want to dance?"

Tatia turned to face Niklaus and smiled as she looked in his eyes, the way the light from the fire made his eyes glisten made her heart melt, it was that moment that she knew she could get her heart broken by this man. He seemed mysterious and dangerous, and had eyes for only her it seemed, even though all the girls there had their eyes on him. All the girls envied Tatia Petrova, and all men wanted her that night but only one danced the night away with her. Even Rebekah and Elijah had noticed how happy their brother had been that night, but Elijah had also noticed something else for the first time. The true beauty that Tatia possessed inside as she danced and laughed around the fire and Niklaus teasingly, and Rebekah could sense the trouble brewing. Her mother always told her she had a touch of the Wiccan power inside of her, she just knew things without knowing them.

The lowering of the fire marked the near ending of the celebration, Elijah and Rebekah spent the whole night laughing and watching from afar their brother fall head over heels for Tatia, but so was Elijah though he would not admit it or try to stand in the way of his brothers happiness. Rebekah had caught the eye of the boy that had asked her there and she pointed him out to Elijah, he had froze and tried to move his date to the farther side of the village away from them. He was ashamed and no doubt afraid, it was about time they should be returning so Elijah and their sister had no choice but to interrupt Tatia and Klaus. Elijah bowed and smiled, "My lady Petrova, you are looking lovely tonight." Klaus lovingly slapped his brothers back and smiled in agreement, "does she not put the stars to shame tonight brother? I have told her this but she will not believe me." Elijah locked eyes with the Petrova woman and let go of her hand only after his lips met the back of her hand. "Such a pity when a woman knows not her beauty."

"Indeed, brother, indeed." Klaus smiled at Elijah and then Rebekah moved to whisper to Tatia, desperately wanting a friend in this new village, which the Petrova girl was glad to participate. She nodded at her new blonde friend and she leaned in closer, "Both of your brothers are very handsome lady Rebekah." Bekah giggled and shook her head, "such formalities, we are friends now and no need for such titles."

As the girls were getting chummy with each other Klaus leaned in and whispered "Did she point this fellow out to you?" Elijah kept his eye on Tatia and nodded, not missing a beat. "Yes, she did... are you sure you want to soil your gentleman reputation for your new friend though?" Klaus could only feel the rage building up inside of him from the coming full moon, though it was at its lowest on the new moon. "I am sure she will understand, family means everything to me and that little bastard hurt our little sister!" He cracked his knuckles and grinned as he shrugged his shoulders "It is only fitting we hurt him a little."

Elijah was never one for violence unless it absolutely called for it, and Rebekah was his baby sister. He nodded to where the boy had pulled the girl off to, it was a different girl from earlier, Bekah had revealed to him, so he revealed that to Niklaus and then the brothers calmly walked over to him while the girls were distracted with each other.

Elijah distracted his girl while Niklaus tapped him on the shoulder, when he turned around he grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him into the trees away from the village. Elijah had slipped away from the girl and walked over to where Klaus and the boy were. All he had to do was follow the footmatks in the mud, he was an awesome tracker. Once Elijah joined them, he folded his arms over his chest and let Nik take over the talking, "you are the fool who broke our little sister Rebekah's heart. Maybe we should break your face." "Or maybe his limbs too." Elijah added then stepped forward, the boy backed away with wide eyes but backed right into Niklaus' chest and then the two brothers went to work on the boy who had done Rebekah wrong.

They drug him back to the village and dropped him at his dates feet, she took one look at him and screamed, covering her mouth as she looked up and asked why with her eyes. Elijah shrugged and took her by the shoulders, giving her a bit of advice, "he deserved this my lady, and you deserve a gentleman instead of a horny beast." He bowed and then followed Niklaus back to the girls who had started to wonder where they had went off to. Tatia seen the blood on Klaus' hands and on Elijah's shirt and gasped horrified as she left Rebekah's side and rushed over. "Oh my, what happened to the two of you? Are you alright?" Rebekah walked over leisurely, hands crossed as she narrowed her eyes at her brothers and spoke for them. "Tatia, do not worry, it is not their blood. Is it boys?" Tatia looked at Rebekah confused and tilted her head to the side, how did you know that Bekah?

She sighed and shook her head as she addressed her brothers at the same time, "You two should be ashamed of yourselves, tonight was supposed to be fun." Elijah broke the tension and smiled as she nodded, "Yes, but fun for everyone Rebekah, even you." Tatia was even more confused and shook her head, "What?" She tossed her hands up in the air and Klaus finally answered her, turning her to look at him though he did so gently. "This fool boy asked Rebekah here tonight, when she went to find him, he was with another woman. Tonight he was here, but with yet another lady and he needed to be taught a lesson on how to be a gentleman. A man's heart should belong to one woman only." He smiled as their eyes were locked, and then she smiled and nodded, "he deserved it then."

She turned to Rebekah and hugged her, whispering "I am so sorry, you shall find love one day. Someone who is worthy of you." Klaus made a noise and rolled his eyes, earning him a disapproving look from Tatia Petrova, "No one will ever be good enough for my little sister." Rebekah rolled her eyes and hugged her friend, telling her of all the fun they had that night despite Nik and Elijah's little scheme at the end, then she kissed her cheek and made plans to stop by one day soon before turning to Elijah. "We should get home before papa has one of his explosions. We will tell him you walked lady Tatia home Nik." With that they all went their separate ways, Eli and Bekah going home while Nik and Tatia walked towards her cottage.

The regular wolves howled in the night and instinctively Klaus put his arm around a thankful Tatia. "You sure are protective over Rebekah." Klaus smiled and nodded, moving his arm down to grab her hand as they walked under the new moonlight and the stars. "I am protective over everyone I love." He smiled at her and her heart melted more, his smile was one of a smirking kind, one she could not resist. "I had a lovely time tonight Niklaus." He smiled and brought her hand up to kiss the back of it gently, "I am glad, I did as well. I quite enjoy your company miss Petrova, and I would like to call on you again some time, if that is alright with my lady." She blushed and nodded, "I see no reason as to why I can not enjoy your company again, though I must warn you, once you fall in love with me you will love no other."

At the time it was said to be only a joke, but she did not know how right she would be in that moment. Everything seemed calm like before the storm almost it seemed to her, but she shoved that unnerving feeling away and enjoyed that night with the man that was capturing her heart. As they reached her house, he bowed and kissed her lips softly, boldly, she had no time to react or push him away. He had caught her off guard and it excited her, making her heart pound hard in her chest and ring in her ears. She felt as though her knees were going to give out beneath her and he wrapped an arm around her petite little waist to catch her as she kissed him back.

He grinned against her lips and helped her stand, backing away softly as she blinked and swooped her hair behind her ears and curtsied. "I had a lovely time Niklaus, thank you. Good night." He smiled his smirk cocky grin and nodded once, turning to leave in silence and her floating on cloud nine as she seemed to float into the cottage. Her friend was waiting inside with a sleeping Cassandra Petrova, waiting to hear all of the nights gossip. "Oh Carmella, he was so lovely it was like a dream. He is very protective and..." She spinned around and sighed dreamily, making her friend laugh and clap her hands together happily for Tatia. "Oh maybe you two will get married and give Cassandra here little brothers and sisters." Tatia blushed and faced her friend and giggled, "let us not get ahead of ourselves it was only one night. One very blissful, magical, romantic night."

Time went by and Niklaus and Tatia spent nearly all of their free time together, the two would spend their days outside the little village they lived. One evening while swimming and chasing each other through the field of grass and wild flowers, they come across a cave. Being the protective man he was, Nik decided he would go first to make sure there were no wolves or anything else that could harm her, then he came out into the entrance and motioned her to come closer.

"Its safe, you can come take a look."

Tatia hesitantly moved forward, her long brown curls bouncing with each step she took as she looked around curiously, the air inside the cave was a bit nippy from the lack of sunshine but it was nice. For a hot summer day, the shade and cool was a welcomed change, though she would not want to stay there at night. It no doubt got a lot colder. "Its so creepy in here, but private." In the distance she could hear water dripping from the ceiling to the cave floor. It was quite romantic with its own sort of charm and best of all it was a place that only the two of them had known about. "Our very own special place." She whispered as she slid her arms around him and rested her head against his chest, she closed her eyes and breathed deeply.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." Klaus ran his fingers through her long hair, rubbing the scalp of her head before pressing his lips to the top, he nodded and replied quietly. "Me as well lady Petrova." She giggled and pulled back, narrowing her eyes as she tilted her head to the side slightly as she looked up at him. "Such formalities." He smirked and squeezed her in a tight hug, not ever wanting to let go.

The sun began to set and Nik took Tatia by the hand and began to walk her back to her hut where her daughter would be waiting with the babysitter. On the long walk, the two of them shared intimate conversation about everything and nothing at all, all at once. She asked about the relationship between him and his father Mikael, but Nik ended up tensing up and proved to have not much to say at all. He shrugged his shoulders and spoke about the situation like it didn't bother him, but Tatia could see that it did and her heart broke for him.

"I have no earthly idea why he treats me differently from the rest, as far back as I could remember though it has been this way. All my brothers can get away with just about anything it is the same with Rebekah, but if I just as much as look at him the wrong way or make a simple mistake like spilling a glass of milk and he acts as if I killed someone or something just as equally bad." Tatia shook her head and rubbed his back soothingly with her hand as she leaned and rested her head on his shoulder. "I am so sorry Niklaus." Looking down at her he smiled and pulled her to stand in front of him, he took her chin gently between his thumb and forefinger as he pressed his forehead to hers. "I will not be like him ever I swear it on everything I love and hold sacred to me. I will be better than him and no matter how many children I have, I will love them all the same." Tatia's daughter flashed through his mind and his heart skipped a beat, as he looked down into her brown eyes at this moment he knew he was head over heals in love with the woman he embraced. "Even if I end up fathering a child that is not of my blood." He brought the back of Tatia's hand to his lips and kissed gently. "I will treat your daughter as my own I swear it to you."

Tatia widened her eyes at Klaus and tilted her head slightly, "What? Niklaus, what are you talking about?" He knew that it was too soon to ask her to marry him, after all he did not want her to run off and away. He decided in that moment that he loved her, but he would wait until the perfect time to ask her to be his for the rest of their lives. He pulled her close and hugged her tightly, whispering softly, "Nothing. It is nothing, it is getting dark we need to get back, right?" She nodded and linked her arm with his as they continued down the path again.

Once they arrived at her cottage the sun had just disappeared over the horizon but the sky was still light but it wouldn't be for long. As soon as Cassandra heard her mother and Klaus walking up and laughing, the little girl took off running out the door. "Mommy! Niklaus!" In no time the little girl was jumping into Klaus' arms, in a little under a month the girl had gone from being deathly afraid of him to worshipping the ground he walked on. Tatia laughed and winked at him playfully. "Oh no, it seems someone has kidnapped you."

Nik laughed as he caught Cassandra mid air and spun around with her causing her to giggle childishly, Tatia smiled and shook her head. "Okay my darling daughter, it is time that we go inside and start working on our dinner." She turned to gaze up into Nik's eyes as she smiled causing her beautiful brown eyes to sparkle in the sunset light. Klaus let Cassie down as he whispered to her with a grin on his lips, "Mind your mother."

Nodding to Tatia he bowed and bid her goodbye, "My beautiful Tatia, I will see you on the morrow." She replied to him with a smile as she placed her hand on her daughters shoulder, turning her towards their hut as she spoke. "Thank you for today, I had fun spending time with you." She turned and began to usher her little girl inside "Come Cassie." - "Yes mother" her daughter responded and followed inside.

On the way home the sun had gone down completely, and the moon was beginning to rise, Nik always felt an urge to run wild and free at night like he belonged but his mother always forbid him to go out at night. Esther seemed to be afraid every time he showed interest in being more active at night rather day. As Nik approached his hut, he could hear his mother inside cooking their dinner with the help of his sister, Rebekah. He walked into the hut and smiled as the two siblings eyes met, then he snuck up behind his mother to place a kiss on her cheek. "Good evening mother. It smells wonderful in here."

Esther replied with a smile and nodded, as she leaned in to her sons kiss, "Thank you, Niklaus, and where exactly have you been?" Her eyes met with her sons golden flaked hazel eyes. "You were with that girl again, weren't you?" Nik sat down at the family dinner table and nodded, "Yes I was with Tatia." Esther then turned around and sighed, tilting her head to the side as she frowned and whispered. "You know your father wishes you to train more rather than spending your time with that girl, you know she is spoiled right? She has a child already."

Nik just shrugged in response to that, it didn't matter if she had a child already Nik knew that he loved the woman and nothing was going to stop him from seeing her, not even his father. "That matters not to me." Just as he finished his statement Mikael and Elijah were walking in from hunting, his brother was quite interested in what his mother and brother were talking about, so he curiously asked. "What doesn't matter to you brother? Have you finally accepted that I am a better hunter and fighter than you?" He laughed jokingly, all the while their father silently scolded Elijah's encouragement with his eyes as he waited for Niklaus to reply to his brothers question.

Nik turned to Elijah, completely ignoring their father and the scowl on his face as he replied. "The fact that Tatia Petrova has a child already. She is a delightful woman with a beautiful mind, and I shall make her mine." Elijah narrowed his eyes at his brother taking that comment as a personal challenge, the two brothers were always competing against each other. As the wheels in his mind were turning, thinking of a master plan to meet and spend time with Tatia, as Mikael slammed his hands on the table and raised his voice. "Enough! I will not listen to this nonsense any longer, Niklaus you will come with me tomorrow on a hunt, you need to sharpen your skills rather than court a young woman that has been soiled already!"

Niklaus' blood seemed to boil with rage, as it had begun to do since he hit puberty, Esther and Mikael both knew why the boy had such a short temper, but he did not; not yet at least. Nik stood and screamed back at his father "You will not stop me from seeing her, father. I love her!" Mikael stood as well, determined not to let Esther's son show him up with defiance. "You will do as I say boy, or you will not like the consequences. You will stay here and accompany me on my hunts until I say, is that clear boy!?" Esther turned from the fire and she finally pitched in with a calm and collected soothing voice. "Mikael, Nik is no longer a child he will have to find a wife sooner or later..." She paused and glared at her husband as he seethed quietly, he started to object but Esther put up her hand to silence him. "No, you will listen to me now. You both need to stop this, Nik your father only wants you to be well equipped for this world. Give it a chance." Turning to her husband once more she placed her hands on the table and leaned in "And you, Mikael you need to be more gentle, maybe your son would learn from you better if you just spoke to him instead of fussing him all the time. Now the two of you, sit down, dinner is ready." She called for her other children to come to the table to eat as well, and soon Esther began to fill up all their plates.

On one side of the table Rebekah, Nik, Elijah and Kol all sat together, on the other side of the table Mikael, Esther, Finn and Henrik all sat down and began to silently eat. The moon was rising up high in the sky and before long the sounds of wolf cries could be heard all around them, causing them to eat cautiously as Esther sighed. It was nothing new to them, the sound of wolves lifting their voices up to the moon in a howl. The family all knew that being outside after dark on a full moon was dangerous, it was when the wolves came out to hunt and Esther wanting to keep her family safe forbid her children to go out after dark. However, Nik always felt an unnatural pull to the moon and liked to be outside to watch the men turn into wolves. Esther had not known about this, or she would have placed a spell on their hut to keep him inside.

The pull that he felt though was due to the side of Nik that his mother had repressed with magic, for he to was a man that could change his skin only he hadn't known it or done it before. Thanks to his mothers ritual at the time if his birth, she wanted to keep his parentage a secret and Mikael was willing to raise and call another man's child his own so that was how they lived. Henrik had become aware of Nik sneaking out on the nights of the full moon, and begged him to take him along. He wanted to see the wolf men as well, Nik had refused him time and time again, telling him that if their mother found out or anything happened to him it would kill Esther. Henrik did not want to hear that though and continued to beg Nik to go.

Finally one night, Nik allowed Henrik to join him and the two had snuck out on the nights the moon was full ever since. So when the wolves started doing their night calls to the moon, the two siblings looked at each other with a knowing look. Henrik couldn't contain his excited smile, and Nik winked secretively at his little brother catching Rebekah's eye and curiosity. Once the meal was over and they were all excused the children split off and went to their room. Nik and Henrik were busy whispering to each other as Rebekah approached and sat beside them. "Okay I know you two are up to something, and I want to know what it is and I want in." Nik shook his head firmly, "Absolutely not, it's too dangerous and I'm already having to look after Henrik." That comment angered Rebekah causing her to stand and place her hands on her hips as she frowned. "Okay then, I'll just let mother know that you two are planning something you shouldn't." Henrik groaned and reached for Rebekah's hand, "Please Bekah, don't ruin this for us, it's the only fun we can really have." He looked at Nik and shrugged, "What if we did let her come?" Nik narrowed his eyes and then sighed, giving in because he knew his sister could take care of herself just as well, for he seen her with a sword, though their father would not approve. "Fine."

That night the three of them snuck out to watch the men from their village turn into wolves as they hid out of sight behind the bushes and trees. It was a violent scary thing to watch and yet Nik felt compelled and interested in that race of beings. As Rebekah watched for the first time, she winced and hid her eyes in her brothers arm to shield them from the transformation. "Why do you both come out here to watch this! It's horrible, they are in so much pain. It's heartbreaking." Nik laughed and wrapped an arm around her to help her feel protected. "Little sister, you have nothing to worry about, those men enjoy becoming the beast. Look at how they cry to the moon and sniff around like dogs, they are hunting and they enjoy it and by morning they will turn back into their true selfs."

Back
Top Bottom