..::Proposition::.. [ Rengar x Ironic ]

Ironic

πΏπ‘œπ“ˆπ“‰ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ƒ π“‚π“Ž π‘œπ“Œπ“ƒ 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹
Staff member
It was all so long ago, but the pain still lasts to this day; scars of the past Rune Wars, especially the mysterious Kumungu Jungle... With powerful treasures that would make any adventurer seek and claim, knowing that they're risking their lives and even limbs to acquire this treasure. Nidalee the Bestial Huntress was too a victim of the Jungle, starting off as a young and innocent girl. But, she did not have a choice in this, having to tag along with her treasure-seeking parents, eager to see what awaits them on their long journey. As the day's past by, the search continued, but the three were lost in the dense and rainy terrain. Unforgiving the jungle was, consuming Nidalee's parents in a perplexing and abhorrent disease. She watched as her parents died a slow and agonizing death, being left to fend for herself in the inhospitable Kumungu Jungle.

When all hope seemed to be diminished in Nidalee's future, a slight glimmer of aspiration came into plain view; appealing to a family of cougars that resided in the vast Jungle. Instead of taking this advantage for a quick meal, they took her in and raised her as their own. As she grew and learned the cougars ways, by fair means or foul, she absorbed the crude magic of the dense wilds, bending the human physiology and evolving beyond her feline affectation.

After standing over and peering at the remnants of what used to be the Noxian squad of woodcutters, at that moment she made a decision to rejoin the so-called civilized life that she used to have long ago, back when her mother and father were still here. She chose to fight in the League of Legends, to protect the Kumungu Jungle from the vicious Demacia and Noxus, sworn to risk her life for it.

Being taught at a young age from her feline family, she learned to fight efficiently and precisely, wounding and even as far as killing her enemies that lurked to hurt the Jungle and what lived deep within it. Her only weapon besides her razor sharp claws and pointed teeth was her spear, crafted with a razor-edged tip held together by wood. Though her weapon looked to do little damage, enemies walked in her path, ignoring the blunt object. With every step her predator would take into her lands, the feeling of being watched grows immensely, paranoia consuming minds; not sure where the lurking eyes was staring from. Those predators who manage to outsmart her minefield of traps, successfully cross the denizens of Kumungu Jungle, and manage to find the Huntress deep within the leaves of the trees might be able to ask her a question before their welcoming is no longer permitted, or, if they manage to get on her good side, more questions could be asked.

She lived in a constructed tree home, left behind by deceased treasure-seekers. It stood high in the trees, making it hard to climb up to reach to her destination.

Dusk drew in, and it was time to yet lurk for a quick meal. Nidalee sighed as her scent could not find such, being in the most intense stage of her hunger. Her hand gripped at her spear tightly, making her knuckles turn white from the amount of force she put on the wooden handle. She prowled, blending in deep within the shadowy terrain.

Walking a mile out to her uncomfortable zone, desperate now, a new scent filled her nostrils, making the hair on top of her skin stand straight up, breezing through the cold air. "What is this..." She muttered under a low tone, sniffing out the scent and fallowing its direction. Nidalee's pace quickened, eager to find out what the new scent meant. Adrenaline arouse from her body, making sweat bead at the top of her forehead. She knew it would be risky to travel in these lands, but that was one she was willing to take.

Her scent lead her down to a large open plain, a rocky cave in the near distance. It was dangerous to travel, but at this rate, Nidalee's curiosity got the best of her, and you know what they say... "Curiosity killed the cat." She glared at the tall grasses, taking a big whiff of the dewy breeze, the scent growing stronger.

"And, so the hunt begins..." She mused, walking down the grassy plains. The prowl would be long, but determined she was. What seemed to be like an eternity, she lingered at the cave, the scent distinctively coming from within. The huntress held onto her spear still, preparing if something harsh was lurking in the shadows. As slick as a cat, she crawled inside of the cave, her back against the rocky walls that lined it. A dim light was inside, and as she walked closer the bright grew brighter. But... A shadow-like figure clouded her vision, a chuckle reverberating from the dusty caved walls. That scent, that laugh, it all came together now...

"Zed..." Growling under hear breath, she stood in a fighting stance, glaring at the man who stood in front of her. "Why are you in theses lands?"

Indubitably, he did hit a sensitive nerve in her heart. The huntress had always had a certain attraction to the beast known as Rengar. Was it his scent? The similarity of their pride and agility? Whatever it was, she had always searched for him during her mating season, yet got nothing but a gruesome fight in the midst of it. Maybe this time it will be different, especially with the help of this mysterious character.

A skeptical look snuck into her facial expression, a gentle touch of her clawed finger was placed upon her chin in pondering. "Hm, I wish to sit down more with you and discuss this proposal you have to offer." Nidalee was a smart woman, knowing well to never let her guard down. Zed was one to not be trusted, so she would have to be careful when it came to a decision in he near future. It was hard to hide the way she was feeling, her adrenaline settling down in the lower part of her abdomen, causing her heart to race rapidly.

Her neon green irises glued onto the dubious male, ergo she would have time to react if he changed is friendly atmosphere. A reminder of what he was capable of doing hung on a stick in the dim light; the head of his master, someone who was once very close and held a great meaning to him. The huntress meant nothing to him, imagine what could happen to her...

A small table with three wooden chairs was fitted by a curved wall, candles flickering to keep the room from shifting to total darkness. Taking one of the wooden chairs, she pulled it out, hearing the legs skid against the soft earth beneath it. Sitting down, her arms folded against her thighs, a tight grip still on the spear she wielded in her hand.

"Now, you said you needed DNA from him, may I ask why you want this? It's fair to know what I am getting myself into." There was something fishy to his words, how he bluntly asked her, not even beginning to question why she trespassed on his territory. "Also," Clearing her throat, she continued on with her interrogation. "What's in it for me? What do I get out of this task?" Now she sat back in her chair, hoping she also whacked a nerve deep within.

Those eyes burned hotter than the sun, yet managed to make her body feel as cold as ice. The huntress had a hard time looking away, but she was frozen in her tracks. Almost immobilized. She let out a single puff of air, not even realizing that she was holding it in as he stealthily swept in front of her. Swallowing the imaginary lump that persisted to annoy and scratch the back of her throat, she finally glanced down, only to become aware that one of her only weapons had been removed. "Was that truly necessary?" A low guttural sound was made in her throat, briskly taking her property back into her hands.

Was he looking for a fight? Regardless of his stance, the ambiance was cool and collective, like he's been down this road before. Immediately, a little voice in the back of her cranium persisted on denying his eerie request. Albeit, it would be her chance to encounter the Pridestalker, a moment she had been savoring for so long. Directing her gaze into his glowing maroon eyes, she nodded affirmatively.

"I will admit, Zed, you do know how to rattle my bones." Her toothily grin was now on display, tossing her handcrafted spear from one palm to the other, lightening up the mood with something playful. "Sadly, I have no idea where to find the beast at. You out of all people should know how cunningly secretive he can be." This was a fact. Rengar was secretive and noiseless, and on top of it, it was even more harsh to keep tabs on his scent, covering it up with different ones.

"I am sure I will run into someone in the long run who will know of his whereabouts." Steadily she stood up from the wooden chair, placing it back into its rightful place - as if she was never here to begin with. Glimpsing back up, the man was gone, standing in the same spot when she first walked in. "This game you're trying to play, I wish to know more of it once I return from my expedition. "

Her hips swayed back and fourth as she paced herself towards the master of shadows, placing a strong grip on his shoulder, feeling the sharpness of his erect bone in the grasp of her hand. "I will try to not disappoint, but don't get indignant if I show up empty handed."

And with that final word that escaped her lips, she began to walk past him. She didn't even bother to turn her head back to gaze at him.

Right from the start the huntress knew that this adventure would be a bold one, needing to travel vast and far to search for the lion-like beast. "If I were Rengar, where would I be residing at?" was the question she began to asked herself as she walked her way out of the grassy terrain. The leather loin cloth she wore breezed through the crisp air, her raven hair that was in a high-rise pony tail danced with the wind. The moist gust of air was coming from the sea that hugged the shoreline, a slight tinge of salt being smelt through the breeze.

In the shadows stood a peculiar form on the docks, staring off into the horizon, the moon casting a beautiful rippling reflection against the small tidal waves. A small wooden catamaran was fastened tightly against the dock, ensuring it wouldn't slip away into the endless sea. Elise was her name, well known as the Spider Queen. Elise's entrancing beauty and grace conceal the pitiless, black heart of a deadly predator. With ruthless cunning, she lures the unsuspecting with promises of favor from the spider god, Vilemaw. Having exchanged her humanity to become something far more sinister, Elise sacrifices the innocent to maintain her power and seemingly eternal youth. No one can fathom how many have been caught in her web, slain to feed her insatiable hunger. As Nidalee walked closer to the woman, the lighting of the moon began to show her appearance more. Her legs were long and thin, her toes pointed like a ballerina posing for a photo shoot.

There was an unnatural feeling to this woman that stood hundreds of feet away from her, but she couldn't help but want to know more about this character. Like a siren, she was pulled in closer, her fur coated leather boots hitting against the sandy shore, speckles of sand managing to get into her boots. This woman was truly beautiful, maybe she knew where Rengar was. Before she knew it, she was standing right on the docks, Elise still facing towards the water, her back against Nidalee.

"Excuse me, miss?" Politely she called out to the unfamiliar woman, almost feeling like a child about to ask permission to eat a cookie. Elise turned around slowly, her piercing red eyes seeming to shine into her soul, sending a surge of chills to consume her body. Funny how Nidalee was well known for her courage, but she couldn't help but feel a sense of fear from this seemingly cunning woman.

"Hello dearest, is something troubling you?" That tone was enough to make the hairs on her skin stand erect, but she persisted further, walking closer to the woman that wore a thin fabric of black, hugging and showing the elegant but deadly curves her feminine body had. A spider she looked like indeed, having added appendages on her backside, were they part of her clothing or real? She did not know, but it would be enough to scare away a passerby.

"I was wondering if you knew where a certain beast names Rengar would be located?" Nidalee inquired, her green eyes with specks of a darker hue sprinkled around the irises, almost glowing in the night. The woman pondered only momentarily before she nodded thoughtfully, smirking.

"Ah, yes. I think I do, but it requires traveling out to somewhere that may be blood-curdling to most." Despite not being upfront about where she was taking them, Nidalee instantly agreed to go, not even second guessing the otherworldly woman. "Good, we will sail now, we don't want to waste any time, that would be unpleasant..." Simpering, she walked onto the wooden catamaran, showcasing the boat with her talon-like fingers, wanting Nidalee to jump in with her. Shifting uncomfortably on her feet, she hesitantly got in the boat, sitting down on the wooden bench. Elise unfastened the three-strand twisted natural fibre rope, the catamaran drifting outward into the direction of their destination.

The voyage there was silent, Elise lost in her own train of thought, thinking attentively on something. Nidalee wanted to start a conversation, ask more about the woman and of her life, wanting this eerie feeling to go away, but she doubted Elise would cooperate well. Still she had no idea where they were going, so while the trip lasted she tried to enjoy it.

Out of nowhere, a thick and dense fog clouded her vision, forcing to squint her eyes as the water-like mist entered into her eyes. The fog seemed endless, and she wondered if Elise truly knew how to direct the ship in this chaotic mess, but suddenly the ship halted to an uneasy stop, landing on the shoreline of the unfamiliar lands known as the Shadow Isles. "We've landed." The widow spoke with a crackle in her voice, stepping foot onto the wet sandy shore. Nidalee followed closely, unaware of Lucian who was watching carefully of the ship that just landed.

"Do you have a good idea of where he could be?" Searching around as she walked and spoke, she wanted to get to know the new place more. The scents, the sights, though little and covered with fog, and the eldritch sounds. Combining all of these new sensations together, it began to ring a bell. Ah, yes, the Shadow Isles. Fables and tales she heard as a youngster. The unnatural and thick fog, ghostly sounds, and seeming uninhabitable. Well, now she was here, but so far all was good.

"Yes dear, just follow me closely, I will lead the way." Sluggishly she walked, going towards the woodland area of the island. It was more dark and more frightening, but the adrenaline rush Nidalee felt was enough to make her persistent, having a good feeling that this woman would be faithful in her words of promises. Abnormally large webs weaved from tree to tree, the thick ropes inviting to prey that lurked in the forest, the remnants of some parts of animals already sticking to the glued death trap. Promptly, the Spider Queen stopped, staring at a dead-end.

"What's wrong?" Curiously, she crept closer to Elise, standing right beside Elise to get a better glimpse of her face, her eyes closed with a small smile seeping on her thin and red lips.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you a valuable lesson in life? To not trust strangers?"

Immediately the once confident woman grew with a fear in her chest, petrified of the woman she once trusted. She couldn't think now or make her legs move. "What's that suppose to mean? You set me up?" Coating her words with anger, she hoped the spider wouldn't notice the fear that wanted to seep out onto her tongue. It was foolish to ask her questions now. What was she thinking?

Spiders began to crawl forth, the size of a small dog, inching their way towards the feline. Backing up slowly, she growled, clenching her spear tightly as the woman who controlled this show turned around, a now sinister look playing on her face. "Don't be rude, you're our guest for dinner!"

"No!" Nidalee bellowed, bolting away from the creepy-crawlies, a net of webs shooting out at her and forcing her to fall to the ground, immobilized and entangled in the thick ropes of web Elise just spewed from her wrists.

So, was this how it all would end for her? Trapped in a web and to be devoured by spiders?

All of the hope Nidalee had left inside of her crumbled down to dust. This was it. This was the end, and she was beginning to accept the fate as she walked closer to its opened doors. What was death anyways? How did it feel? Where would she go? But those thoughts wouldn't persist any longer.

BAM!

The heat and light of the heavenly rays nearly penetrated her very flesh, but with such accuracy the beam hit the six-legged creature that wanted to dig its poisonous fangs into her veins. The huntress' head turned around to the direction of the plasma bolts, searching for the mysterious figure that was firing them, but the fog was so dense it made her eyesight impaired. The arachnids fell, bits and pieces of their appendages and guts splattered on her skin, the green-like goo glistening like a sparkling diamond.

β€œYou haven’t heard the last from me… Purifier!” and with those words, something incredible happened. An art that Nidalee was well aware of doing herself; the Queen shape shifted, turning into a Latrodectus, a beautiful yet deadly insect. Her glossy abdomen exhibited a red hourglass on the ventrum underside, the symbol standing out from the dark aurora of her skin. Using her cribellum, she tilted it upwards and with an immense speed, shot up a thick string of web to grip and hold around a tree, lifting herself up to escape from the purifier.

.... She came and went just like that, was any of this even real for that matter? The feral woman had to blink for a moment to let all that happened settle in, but once the shadowy figure came closer, she hissed at him, showing her sharp canine teeth showing what she was capable of. He couldn't blame her for being so startled, what if he was just another enemy that wanted her trust like Elise, only to bring her at deaths doors?

But he was different.

Tenderly and with care, he cut the binds of the web free, releasing Nidalee from her captivity. Wasting no time, she scurried to her feet, pointing her spear near his direction, warning him to not get any closer. "Thank you for your help, Purifier. I will repay you for your heroic act in any way you wish." Picking up the name from the Spider Queen, she addressed him, without questioning why he was called such. "I am Nidalee, and I search in hopes of finding the Pridestalker that goes by the name of Rengar." He had a right to know, after all it was the least she could do for him after saving her life. "I don't want any more trouble, I've already got more than I bargained for with that fiend-like woman."

Flaring her nostrils, she sniffed the air, picking up his scent and his ambiance. He seemed like a good man despite his cold and heart-wrenching expression, and it was a dead giveaway he had been through a lot worse in his days. "May I ask for your name? And if it wouldn't trouble you... if you know where Rengar is, could you help direct me towards him?"

Reverberating from the trees, the snapping of the twig rung in repetition in her eardrums. Instincts took over, and she crouched down, her knees bending and her head stiffened with alert and careful diligence. Scrutinizing the dark male figure, she contemplated if he was trustworthy enough to save her again? What if he wanted to kill her himself, or take her as a sacrifice for his own God? Another snap resounded through the muggy forest, making up her mind in what to do now.

She was slow in response to follow him but manage to catch up. Still yet, her clasp was taut on the wooden handle of her spear. This weapon will deem itself worthy for fighting off antagonists. Notwithstanding the several minutes it took to get to the entrance of the cave, it seemed like hours, years, days. Trepidation was certainly a weird... notion? It ate you alive until the sanity were no more. It turned time to eternity. Every little breeze, motion of the grass, had paranoia creeping up your spinal cord.

High-tech this cave was, just seeming like an ordinary and original cave just by first glance. Taking a few steps back, hesitantly she pondered on if she should really go inside this foreign place with a stranger. Already she was shown just how rough it was to trust someone she just met, but this male had a pleasing ambiance to him. Maybe everything would be alright? The huntress remained heedful, not letting her guard down like in times past.

Steadily the doors of the entrance closed, a light purr rumbling through the room until the bottom made contact with the flooring. It was a homey aura, and she felt safe in the confines of it. Though, it was peculiar how the male was acting, but it was easy to tell that he had a fair amount going on in his mind.

It was a well-kept cave, everything tidy and placed in a neat and generous manner. An open chair resided beside the Purifier, and she took it upon herself to sit down on it. Nidalee's right leg crossed over her left thigh, her hands folded over her kneecap courteously. Those green apple irises followed his almond ones, trying to read into his mind despite his unperturbed expression. The ones who are the most quiet have the most pent up emotions inside of their soul.

He was looking at her in a... lecherous way, but something stopped him. The quick quirk of his eyes towards the portrait hanging on the wall rid of his ill intentions. Revolving her head to face the framed image, she frowned. It was easy to piece the puzzle up despite the lack of words. His love, life and everything was no longer here with us, and he was unsettled with a profuse amount of sentiments.

"Alright, Lucian. If you seek no further payment I will not question your decision." A slight sigh of relief left her plump lips, not having to go her way to please someone else out of her comfort zone.

The pauses were thorny and uncomfortable. Rustling in her seat, she gazed down, avoiding eye contact and concentrating on sound to make up for it. Once he stood up, quickly her gaze followed. Did he say... Rengar sounded familiar? A slight jump in her heart rattled in her chest, but she knew better than to get her hopes up. After all, this could be a trap in disguise.

Dust clogged her nostrils, the old a frail paper being very ancient. She coughed, shielding her mouth and nose momentarily to catch her clogged breath. He was on to something, and this made her jump out of her chair, firmly planting both palms on the heavenly white table to evaluate the attenuated map. The black mans finger skimmed against the plat, his fingertip coating with gray dust. All of these places he skimmed... she heard of but never traveled to. This search would be treacherous and long, and already her bemused wrinkles were prominent.

"Phew!" She exaggerated out, looking the other way to shake her head. This was overwhelming for her. Maybe she bit off more than she could chew at this point? "This adventure is going to be long." Tapping an anxious foot on the floor, she bit the inside of her cheek, creating a pathway that would lead her to her destination inside of her head. Clearing her throat, she licked her cracked lips, almost forgetting to answer his inquire. "Ah, I simply just wish to speak to this Pridestalker. Something that he has I need." Well, she wasn't lying, but she wasn't going to give him all of the information she knew about her quest.

"May I?" She gestured, wanting to take the map with her for further study on her voyage. "This will come in handy, due to my inexperience." Not wanting to be rude, her forefinger and thumb gripped at the left hand edge of the map, readying to take it once she got the "Okay" from him. Should she offer for him to tag along? No. This was something she had to do alone, but his help will not be taken for granted and will forever be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom