Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who likes inuyasha

I enjoyed it. My first anime was Sailor Moon but I was like 4 years old so I didn't know what the fuck it was really. However, it was Inuyasha that got me into anime. I sorta stumbled across it late one night when I was sitting alone in my room watching TV.

I was like...14-16? ish. I rewatched it a few times and still enjoyed it. I can admit it had a hell of a lot of problems.

Rumiko Takahashi had a good idea with Inuyasha but it was executed pretty poorly. The show had a lot of plot holes as is but the movies added like a shit ton more plot holes. She was way back and forth with Kagome and it got annoying.

Beginning of the show when Kagome didn't know jack shit she was using spiritual powers with HER FUCKING HANDS! And then she gets kinda useless and in need of rescuing only to suddenly -when they are about to die- become a badass warrior with a ridiculous amount of power. And then back to "Save me!" That was hella annoying. <<;

Not to mention the ending was also poorly done and you got more of an ending on what happens to Miroku and Sango than Kagome and Inuyasha. She was a bit all over the place with it.

Still and all, I did enjoy it.

Except Kikiyou/Kikiyo. I hated her so fucking much. SO MUCH! Uhg. Stupid dead bitch. >->;

Can't say I'm a fan of the show as a whole. Plot was there, but as Kara mentioned, there were more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese. Not to mention the majority of the characters were REALLY underdeveloped. There was a lot they could have done, but chose not to do (and vice versa).

I know what you mean they could have done better on some of the characters, but their things that rp's can do, cause we can make it up and change things around just for fun.

Submission said:
It is nostalgic, and I love Inuyasha and Miroku, but they could have gave Kagome a little more personality and importance. As importance I mean... why couldn't she be a little more useful!? Sango was a complete badass. Of course she lost to certain characters but she doesn't have a wind tunnel nor is she a half demon like Inuyasha.

Sango has protected herself far better than Kagome ever has. As many arrows as Kagome shot over the series you think her aim wouldn't have been so crappy all of the time?? She did really miss a lot. Why not practice more than getting jealous of Kikyo? I mean yeah young school girls have crushes, but wouldn't survival be a bit more relevant at the time?

I love it... but Kagome... Kagura... the damsel characters really get to me...

I love InuYasha, it's what really got me into anime. I even cosplayed as Kikyo when I was younger. Paid a hell of a lot for a custom made Kikyo outfit made of silk. It was pretty bangin'.

But it did have some pretty major problems, even if it was a good show. I wish there could have been more development for the characters and more substance for some really good characters (such as Kikyo!). There was SO MUCH MORE they could have done with the show.

I agree with everyone that plot was shoddy at best and the character development was a bit weak, but the reason I enjoy it so much is my daughter loves the show. She is only four and it's great when I tell her to do something she doesn't want to and her response is to whip around and throw her hand out at me and yell "WIND TUNNEL!" Or when she pulls her toy bow out and tells me I'm InuYasha and 'shoots' me screaming "DIE INUYASHA!"

I like Inyuyasha. It is a bit long winded, but it is one of my first anime series and I still think it is good.

I liked it as a concept, but not how it was handled. It could have been way cooler. Inu Yasha himself wind scarring everything instead of actually developing as a character was just dumb.

I tried taking a shot every time they screamed each other's names. I woke up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.
Never again.

Although, I do love the series. Shippo is just a sweet little cinnamon roll who must be protected.

I really like the concept of Inu Yasha(the anime not the character), the art style, and the background music. But it's really drawn out and never really goes anywhere and having Inu Yasha always use his sword and never really develop was a major let down. I feel like Kagome got better character development throughout the series, and even Sesshomaru developed. Inu Yasha is the same guy at the end of Final Act that he was at the beginning of the series. Miroku, Sango and Shippo are all great characters, I just don't care for Inu Yasha himself after about the 25th episode when it became clear he was just gonna wind scar everything into oblivion regardless of size and power.

Back
Top Bottom