Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pazzo's Game Review Thread (Hand Of Fate)

Pazzo

Put me on your face. It will be fun.
Supporter
Alright, so I was digging around in the Steam-Store, and found a game called "Hand Of Fate" on sale (Normally $24US On sale for $19US)

The games premise is simple. Its an adventure, You have made a wager with a fortuneteller of fate, and tarot cards have heavily influenced the make of the game.

Its meant for casual play, each "Adventure" consisting of multiple "Areas"

Each "Area" consists of multiple cards dealt out in a unique layout, with your character represented by a miniature upon one of the cards. Each of your turns, you are allowed to make the miniature jump to one adjacent card from the one you occupy. Each card could be anything, where you interact with an NPC, you are ambushed by thieves and have to fight back, exploring a dungeon full of traps to find treasure, or buying and selling items from a merchant...

Each "Adventure" ends with the defeat of a boss encounter where you fight multiple enemies. Throughout each adventure you have the opportunity to acquire tokens that unlock more cards.

Each adventure your stats and equipment are reset, but you are able to build decks with cards you acquire from each earlier adventure. (These are weapons, armor, health, etc...)

The combat scenes are action based and easy to learn, with a system not unlike Assassin's creed, Prince of Persia, Fable, etc.

Overall I like this game, its a fresh take on fantasy adventure, and any fans of Magic The Gathering are sure to like it.

Premise : Startegy/Action Adventure
Graphics:8/10 (About par for today's systems, and have a nice "WoW/Blizzardish" look to them)
Sound/Music:9/10 (An enchanting music score true to the fantasy adventure drama)
Story:9/10 (The whole mysterious nature of the fortune teller and you has a good feel to it, like you are actually there talking to him, and his voice is AWESOME!)
Gameplay:9/10 (Very easy to learn, responsive controls keep you in the action)
Replay Factor: 8/10 (No two adventures are exactly the same, due to the nature of the cards there is a lot of random chance involved. The casual nature of the game allows you to leave to take care of RL and then pick up where you left off)

Pazzo's Overall Recommendation: For 19$us it was a good investment, and easily worth the price. Even 24$us is reasonable, If you are hungry for a bit of mystery and adventure, this is a good game for you. I highly recommend it >=D

Back
Top Bottom