Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Subscribed threads...

Ladydark

The minds master
Why does it keep resetting to 'no email notifications' every time I make a new post in a thread... I shouldn't have to set it to 'instant email notifications' every time I post... Help?

I did go there, in the subscribed threads tab... I set it to instant... And every time I reply, it resets it to no notification... >.<

Ladydark said:
I did go there, in the subscribed threads tab... I set it to instant... And every time I reply, it resets it to no notification... >.<

There are two different places you can go in the UserCp to set this. I just tried it out for myself and it worked fine for me.

1. Go to the Subscribed threads tab in the user cp. You'll see a list of all the threads you've subscribed to and little boxes next to them on the right hand side. Check the box of the preferred thread. Go down to the bottom of the page where it says With Selected: and in the drop down menu, select the preferred subscription method. Press the "Go" button.

2. Go to Edit Options in your user cp. You will see "Default Subscription Mode". In the drop down menu, select the preferred. This will make you subscribe to every thread you post in as soon as you post in it.

Make sure that in your email the BMR emails are not being sent to your Spam folder. You will get banned I think if you do not change the setting and they continuously go to the spam folder.

But what if I don't want to be notified fr EVERY thread... I just want it on a few... And what do you mean ill be banned... o_O that makes no sence...

The banning thing isn't quite as strict as it used to be....though, if you do persist on placing emails received by BMR into your spam folder upon receipt after receiving notifications from us that it's occurring, you will eventually be banned and then have to fix the problem before having the ban lifted. The reason for this is simple. Doing this causes us issues with the email providers such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc etc etc. Basically, they place us on a blacklist and then you can all kiss your email notifications good-bye among other things. You could say, it's a big hot mess. So, yeah. DON'T DO IT! <.< It realllly hurts the site to do so. Again, now that things are a bit more settled with these providers--unlike before--we aren't as harsh with that. But still. Best NOT to do it in the first place and get the verbal warning. : )

Ladydark said:
But what if I don't want to be notified fr EVERY thread... I just want it on a few... And what do you mean ill be banned... o_O that makes no sence...

Then manually subscribe to them, rather then set it up to automatically notify you when you post.

Ladydark said:

Then use option one that I mentioned. It should not be unsubscribing you from the threads if you completed the steps I outlined. If it is then it might be something on your end. Do you access the site from a phone when trying to subscribe to threads?

Back
Top Bottom