Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two in One — Read Messages & Bold Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayuri

Planetoid
How do you see if a PM that you've sent has been read?

&

When you post a discussion, how do you get the title text to appear bold rather than normal?

Thanks in advance.

The first one, if you go to your UserCP or message box, on the left somewhere you should see "Tracking". Scroll all the way to the bottom and there should be a section listing "Unread messages".

For the second, you have to be cunning and lure someone into posting in a thread you've made. The thread titles appear bold when there are new replies in the thread. :p

Below the message box when you go to reply, you will see 4 check boxes: Signature, Disable Smilies, Save a Copy, and Request Read Receipt. The board should automatically check all of those except the smilies depending upon what you have your options set to. Next to the message when you receive it, there is a little {deny receipt} or something like that. Really have no idea what clicking that does. Let's find out! Are you ready? :D

Hah! Just kidding! Ha! See, I was messing with you. I know how to do things... :dodgy:

However to add onto Rudolph's response. Some people can be cheeky and try and make it so you don't notice that they've read it by denying the receipt. You'll still see that the tracking message has disappeared, and I'm going to sound slightly stalker-like for saying this, but ya gotta keep checking to see if it's gone or not.

It does sound a bit more than stalker-ish to say that. Quin's was more than enough of an answer and yours did not add anything further. Yes, sometimes people deny receipt, I do not believe it's them being "insolent". Sometimes, they are just a little tired of dealing with the person. So they deny receipt to possibly [please note I say POSSIBLY because I don't know ALL of the cases in which it's used for] just to end whatever "conversation" they were having. A few will do it just to be rude but in any of these cases it's probably best to leave the person alone.

If they go to the point of denying receipt they very likely do not want to answer your message nor deal with you seeing they've read it so they just deny it. At that point you should move on and not check constantly.

As this HAS been answered more than adequately, I'm going to lock it so there isn't an inrush of people coming in here to offer their own two cents or to complain about "people not answering" or the "deny receipt" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom