Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Response Template for beginners (Submitted for your consideration)

Pazzo

Put me on your face. It will be fun.
Supporter
Alright, I have had these thoughts nagging and chewing at my brain all day. I need to write them down and get them out of my head.

Yes, a few people will laugh at me, puff out their chests and say "I Already know that, or no Paz you are wrong, or something else."
Fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but this post is not for you. If at least one person reads this and is helped, great, it has served it purpose. If this is a duplicate thread, my apologies to the admins.

I have read through a lot of request threads, and the vast majority of them have a reference to post length, mandating "Don't give me any one liners, " Which can frustrate people that aren't as experienced at writing.
(Sometimes this is exceptionally difficult, such as when the responder's character/s are restrained and subdued.)

I Submit the following template: "The Possibilities are endless"
I want to say there are at least 3 conditions that have to be met for a proper response. So long as the conditions are met with at least a Level 3 (See my RT) then the post is sufficient, regardless of its actual length.

Condition 1 : Describe what physical sensory input your character is receiving.
Is there a light breeze brushing across her skin? Is there a chill in the air that makes him shiver? Do her handcuffs dig into her skin? Is there a bright light somewhere that is blinding him? What sorts of noises does she hear? What sort of reactions is your character's body having to the stimuli? etc. The list of possibilities are endless.

Condition 2 : Describe your character's thoughts about the situation
The current emotions he or she or it is experiencing, if your character does not have emotions you could describe the logic process being "calculated". Is she angry and full of range, foaming at the mouth as she is about to attack? Is he quivering in anticipation of his lover's touch? Is she paralyzed with fear about what might happen? Etc. Once again, the possibilities are endless

Condition 3 : Describe the actions your character takes (This can be a huge complex action, Or your character might speak, or something a simple as uttering a whimper...
IE does he build up his supernatural power in preparation for an energy blast? Does He or she say anything? And what is his or her facial expressions, tone, and inflections used when he or she says it?
And remember, the possibilities are endless!

Don't think of them as separate, All three of these things work together to give color and realism to your response in your RPs.

Anyways, I feel better getting that out of my head, and how it helps at least one person. I need a nap before work.

TTYL

Paz

If I could give a like to this post I would. In the future I'll reference people to it whenever I feel the need.

You know I actually shy away from dom/sub rps, or anything where one of the characters might be tied up. Because it leaves me feeling painted into a corner. When your character is bound by ropes or magic or just being physically held down, it can really limit your actions. Same thing goes for any rp where one character is giving another orders. Action wise those scenarios can turn really repetitive, really quickly. I some times forget the fact that even if a character doesn't have much wiggle room, there's always sensations, emotions, and thoughts to play with.

Thanks for reminding me.

Back
Top Bottom