Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Silent Hill [[Revan&ii]]

Valkyrja

Brat
â??You actually expect me to stay overnight at some supposed haunted town for only a hundred and fifty bucks? I think my life is worth just a bit more than that,â? Aimee Jade James mumbled as her dark blue eyes moved from the television set to Kelly, her best friend. They were college students, about halfway through their sophomore year. Aimee Jade was nineteen, Kelly was twenty. They became best friends the second they came to this school, having been put in the same dorm room in freshman year. At first they hated each other, but by the end of first semester they had already planned to room together for the rest of their college experience.

At the moment, they were lounging in their dorm, room 409. Two other people were in the room; Kellyâ??s boyfriend Sean was sitting on Kellyâ??s lap not really paying attention to anything but the television. Matthew, one of Seanâ??s best friends, was sitting on the floor leaning against Aimee Jadeâ??s bed, his glance shifting from each person in the room to the television as well. On the television was a news report of Silent Hill. Another child, approximately ten years old, went missing.

These missing child reports were starting to get overbearing. There was never any hint as to where they went. It was like they had disappeared into thin air. This is what gave the town of Silent Hill its reputation; the haunted town. Of course, to each their own beliefs and, quite frankly, Aimee Jade didnâ??t believe in any of it, even though the town began to plague her dreams. In fact, the other day while sitting in class she had some sort of flashback to a fiery pit in Silent Hill and she had to excuse herself from a test just to calm down. It was as if sheâ??d been to Silent Hill before, and it was calling for her to come back. But that wasnâ??t possible! She could remember almost her whole life perfectly, there was nothing to connect her to Silent Hillâ?¦right? But then again, her mind was fuzzy when it came to her birth all the way up to when she was about five. Most people at least remember certain things from when they were that young.

Sean cleared his throat, as if trying to get everybodyâ??s attention. â??You donâ??t think youâ??re worth a hundred and fifty? Well, not to Matt youâ??re not. Youâ??re worth billions.â? Sean laughed as Matthew grabbed a small stuffed plush that had fallen from Aimee Jadeâ??s bed and threw it at the boy, grunting.

â??Yoâ??, shut up man. Iâ??m not, like, in love with her.â? He rolled his eyes and slunk down a bit. It was obvious that both Aimee Jade and Matthew had some feelings towards each other that they had been dancing around ever since they met. â??Heyâ?¦how about this; Each of us give you like two hundred if you spend the night there?â?

Kelly practically interrupted him. â??Whoa, whoa, whoa! If thatâ??s the case, sheâ??s getting six hundred! I think it should be two hundred a night. If youâ??re willing to spend this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Silent Hill, alone, then youâ??ll get six hundred big ones.â?

Aimee Jade just rolled her eyes. â??Fine, whatever. I get to waste a nice weekend in some ghost town. But at least I get a good amount of cash out of it.â? She chuckled. â??Maybe once I come back alive, you guysâ??ll finally realize that Silent Hill is just an empty town, nothing more.â?

So that was it. For six hundred dollars Aimee Jade was going to spend the weekend in Silent Hill. Thinking nothing but money would come of it, Aimee Jade prepared for a boring weekend. Sheâ??d need a flashlight, her iPod, her cell phone, and of course some food. Throwing the contents, along with a small throw blanket, into a bag, she got ready to go and squeezed into Seanâ??s small car as he drove the four of them to Silent Hill.

It was a long drive, about six hours, and for over half of that time each person took their turn in trying to scare Aimee Jade. â??Youâ??ll die, youâ??ll be kidnapped,â? Theyâ??d go on saying, but Aimee Jade didnâ??t back down. It wasnâ??t that they were scared for Aimee Jadeâ??s life, it was that they didnâ??t want to have to give her so much money!

Finally arriving in Silent Hill, Matthew, Sean, and Kelly dropped Aimee Jade off. â??Weâ??ll be back here early Monday morning at around six to pick you up so you donâ??t miss any of your classes. If you need anything, just give us a call. But remember, if you bail out, youâ??re not getting any money!â? Each of them took the time to give Aimee Jade a hug, and then they left, Leaving Aimee Jade alone in Silent Hill.

The sun was high in the sky as Aimee Jade walked around. The backpack on her back seemed very heavy, and the long drive had worn her out. At this point, she wanted to find maybe a rundown motel or an empty house and set up camp for the weekend. She should be able to make herself at least somewhat comfortably for the duration of her stay. So when she finally stumbled upon a large hotel she went in and opened the heavy door, which in turn creaked back at her as if to warn her to stay away.

At first when they drove into town, there seemed to be only a light fog. But as soon as the others drove away, the fog seemed to thicken a bit, though they were subtle changes. Chances are, she'd only really notice when she finished setting up camp.

When walked into the lobby, she would notice that the place seemed to be a bit run down. There were a few pieces of debris on the floor from where a tiny part of the ceiling collapsed... though it gave the lobby a little more light than the windows had provided. The hotel room had two floors, and from the looks of it, the second floor had the same layout as the first. There was a single hallway(on both floors) the would lead her to the hotel rooms, the only light in the hallways was the window at the very end of it.

However, she had only a second to look around before she could hear the creaking of floor boards that came from the second floor. Someone, or something was with her.

Aimee Jade didnâ??t even take notice of the fog until she put her backpack down on the torn up sofa. Once she crossed the disheveled room to put her stuff down she turned around to see the fog filling the streets, gloomily floating through the area. Tilting her head in confusion, she shrugged it off. Aimee Jade sat down on the torn couch for a moment, giving her legs a short rest while decided what to do. She was stuck here for the weekend, and of course exploring would be a big part of that weekend. Maybe she could spend the night exploring just the hotel before it got too dark.

She stood up again and, guided by the dusty light creeping through the windows, she made her way through the hotel. Everything seemed symmetrical, right down to the floor pattern, and the second floor matched the first one perfectly. The rooms, on the other hand, she wasnâ??t too sure of. Every one she tried opening was locked. â??Iâ??ll look for a key at the front desk later,â? she thought outloud to herself while venturing back downstairs. That was when she heard them, the footsteps coming from right above her. Freezing in place, she held her breath for a moment to listen to the footsteps before speaking.

â??H-hello?â? Her calm yet somehow frail voice echoed off of the walls. She waited a second. â??Is somebody in here?â?

The creaking stopped. They picked up again as they started to get a bit louder as she could tell that whatever was up there had exited the room. There was another pair with it. Whatever was up there was not alone. The creaking stopped yet again as the room was filled with silence for what seemed like an eternity... though it was only really a few seconds, really. Suddenly she heard a voice... a male voice that sounded like whoever it belonged to was around her age. ".....Who's there?" It asked her. The voice, while not being as frail as hers, sounded like it was on the defensive.

As the footsteps stopped, Aimee Jade stood still, holding her breath in hopes of hearing anything, but instead of a voice, the creaking started up again, along with a separate creaking. Aimee Jade took a step upwards. â??Hello?â? She called out once more before hearing a response. It was a maleâ??s voice. An odd feeling of relief swept over her young body. She wasnâ??t sure what to expect, whether human or not. Her mind was starting to get the better of her already.

She took a few more steps up, not sure if she should come out of the darkness yet for the man and his companion to see. â??My name is Aimee Jadeâ?¦Who are you?â? She bit down on her bottom lip, taking one more step so sheâ??d be able to see the feet of the man she was speaking to.

Though as she saw his feet, the man moved as it gave her a better view of who she was talking to. He looked about her age, if not maybe a bit older, but he definitely looked like he might have been a little bit taller than she was. He had short brown hair, with eyes matching the color of his hair. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans a black shirt which sleeves that seemed too long to be called short sleeves, and yet too short to be called long sleeves. There was a hoodie wrapped around his waist. "I'm Freddie." He said as he seemed to relax a little. "Man, you shouldn't sneak up on people like that..."

As he came into view and gave her his name, she let out a sigh and walked up the last few steps to come into full contact with him. â??Hi Freddie. Sorry about that, say, uh, what are you doing here? I thought this place was a complete and total ghost town.â? She scratched the back of her head shyly. As most people did, he seemed somewhat tall to her short 5â??3â? stature, and they matched in clothes. She had been wearing a pair of dark blue jeans that clung tightly to her thighs but flared out a bit at her grey and black checkered vans. A black long-sleeved shirt stuck to her upper body, a bit of cleavage showing due to the off-the-shoulder effect the shirt was giving off. Her eyes glanced around the hall. â??Was there somebody else with you?â?

"Oh it is. My friend is here to search for something that his ex-fiancee had apparently left for him. I'm just here for the ride." He said as he looked back down the hall. "Hey, Alan! Have you found it yet?"

Down the hall was just one door that was open, another voice came out of the room. "It's not here!" It shouts out as another man exits the room. This one had blond hair with blue eyes as he was taller and slimmer than his friend was. His jeans were a bit darker as he wore a black jacket that was currently unbuttoned as it showed off his white t-shirt. He also had a messenger bag that looked like it wasn't that full of supplies. The two didn't plan on staying in the town for long.

Freddie looked back at Aimee and noticed how she didn't look like she was just visiting. "....So, what's with the stuff?"

â??Ahh,â? Aimee Jade sighed out, looking towards where Freddie was speaking. It was then that she saw the tall blond man. She smiled towards him.

â??Oh, this stuff?â? She shrugged her shoulders. â??A few friends bet me that I wouldnâ??t survive the weekend here. I was supposed to stay just for tonight but my friends changed their minds. Good news, though, if Iâ??m still alive come Monday morning I get six hundred big ones.â? She smiled. â??So, itâ??s a ghost town here, you think the missing children are just kids that go off exploring and get lost?â? She chuckled. "I'm not one for believing in the whole 'haunted town' thing. Monsters don't exist, it's just a little kid's story made to scare kids off, right?" Smiling up at Freddie her eyes glimmered in the dusty light.

"Oh? Well, it's kind of scary that this ghost town used to be filled with people..." Freddie said as Alan added: "Yeah... before 10 years ago." He said as he looked outside the window. "Yeah.... do you know what happened, I mean.. you did use to live here." Freddie asked him as Alan just shrugged. "I told you, I moved about two years before this became a ghost town... how should I know what happened?" He said as he took out a pen and what looked like a folded up piece of paper.

But when he unfolded it, it turned out to be a map with some locations circled. Alan took the pen's cap off as he crossed off one of the circles, then slipped cap back onto the pen. "Well... whatever she left behind it's not here... Come on, Freddie." Alan said as Freddie smiled. "Hold on a sec..." He said as he turned back to Aimee. "Would you like to explore with us?"

As Freddie and Alan were talking, Aimee Jade remembered the flashback she had in class. A huge fireâ?¦maybe that was what happened in this town? Somehow the flashback related to Silent Hill, but how? But instead of mentioning it due to fear of looking either crazy or stupid, she just cocked her head. â??Thatâ??s strangeâ?¦I wonder how places like this empty out so quickly.â?

She saw the map that Alan pulled out and she stood up a bit on her tippy toes to get a glance. It didnâ??t seem like a regular map that youâ??d find for a city, it seemed like a simplistic map that youâ??d find for a hotel or something like that.

â??Yeah, Iâ??d love to explore with you guys, thanks. That should liven up my night.â? Aimee Jade smiled at the kind offer. â??At least I donâ??t have to run around here alone. Who knows, those monsters could get me.â? She chuckled and put a hand on a strap of her backpack, tugging at it. â??So, where to next?â?

"The Elementary School.... we should probably tackle that while we still have some daylight..." Alan said as he looked at the map one more time. "Which shouldn't be too far from here." He said, in a bit of a surprised tone as he pats Freddie on the back. "Come on, let's go." He said as Freddie walked towards the door. Right next to it was another messenger bag, which Freddie picked up as something fell out of it. "Oh, can't forget my souvenir..." He said as he picked up what looked like a plastic brick... but as he flipped it, it was easy to tell that it was a radio.

â??That sounds a bit creepyâ?¦â? Aimee Jade replied to the idea of going to an elementary school. But then she laughed. â??So, what are we looking for?â? She asked Alan as Freddie grabbed for the radio. Aimee Jade didnâ??t assume anything of it besides the fact that maybe Freddie liked listening to music when he was walking around a deserted town. Hey, youâ??ve got to keep yourself busy somehow.

Aimee Jade followed Alan and Freddie out the door and into the seemingly desolate roads. She had no idea where she was going, but from the map she had an idea that Alan did. â??God this place is creepy, I wish I wasnâ??t spending the weekend here.â?

"Well, I'm looking for something that my Ex-Fiancee said she left behind in the town..." He said as he smiled softly, though there was a subtle hint of sadness behind it. "She used to make me go on scavenger hunts like this when she gave me birthday presents."

When Aimee complained about having to stay the weekend at the place, Freddie turned around. "At least you're getting money out of it, right? Me and Alan here are paying for our weekend get-away. Though we don't want to stay in this town at night either.. we're staying at a hotel near here... though that reminds me..." Freddie said as he pats Alan on the back. "Are we still going to stay the night at your old house for shits and giggles?" He asked him as Alan smirked. "What? You forgot about that we were going to bet on it?"

The sadness rang in Aimee Jadeâ??s ears rather loudly. She felt like she needed to help this man, but then again she was a Psychology major, it sort of ran in her blood. Instead of seeming weird and concerned about a stranger, she just put her hand on the back of his shoulder and patted him for a few seconds just as a caring gesture.

â??Yeah, moneyâ??s good, but itâ??s just sort ofâ?¦I donâ??t know, I donâ??t get a good vibe from this place.â? Aimee Jade listened to Freddie tell her how they were actually paying to be here. â??Wow, that sucks.â? She frowned, thinking of how if she had to pay to come here sheâ??d never do it. â??Is there actually a decent hotel around here? And whatâ??s this about a house? You canâ??t be serious that youâ??d actually stay in that house on purpose?!â? Of course, Aimee Jade was being a bit of a hypocrite, she was staying in a deserted town on purpose!

"Well... yeah. In the next town over.." Alan explained as Freddie just grinned. "Well, it's a true test of courage. I wanna see how long we can stay in that house before someone pusses out.... and we're putting money down on the table... Though Alan has a home field advantage, that lucky bastard." Freddie said as a faint sound could be heard. It sounded a lot like when the radio is stuck in between stations and just can't get anything but static, but it was faint. It only lingered for a moment before it stopped.

It wasn't until a few moments later before Freddie lets out a small sigh. "Y'know... I really didn't want to bring this up... but... it's kind of creepy that an empty town like this is just covered in fog."

Back
Top Bottom