Your support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Street Racing

Bad idae or Good Idea??

  • Good!!

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Bad

    Votes: 7 70.0%
  • ...

    Votes: 1 10.0%

  • Total voters
    10

Devious Slave

Banned
Banished
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
487
#1
I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

I mean I want to race but I don't want to get a ticket or anything like that. That is when I do get a car though.

The car I would race in when I get it all powerful and street ready would probably be either a Honda Civic or something of the like. I need to find out about cars more first.

Do you like street racing??

Or

Do you think it's stupid and a total waste of time??

I'm asking this cause I might get my drivers license this next weekend or sooner and I want to drive around and look at the nice cars go by. Not to mention I hear racing cars down on the highway that I live near by.

Tell me your opinions I would like to hear ^^ Just say your opinions please. I don't want flaming/drama or anything of that sort.
 

As Day Fades

Supporter
Supporter
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
970
#2
Are you serious that your only concern is getting a ticket, and not people who get injured or die from the illegal 'sport', most of the time innocent bystanders?

I don't know if I'm being trolled here or what.
 

Devious Slave

Banned
Banished
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
487
#3
.....

I didn't say I actually wanted to race..

I just want to watch and get a nice car.

I'm probably only going to be looking at the cars and seeing what's up. I don't want to get a ticket much less get my car lost to a damn race.

Don't even know if I will meet anyone or the like. I'm just asking people's opinions.

I mostly just want to stand on the sidelines and watch, hear, see the cars go flying by. Go to the parties and have fun. When I get my car but that will be a while..
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
1,552
#7
In theory I like street racing. However, due to the fatalities involved because you can't guarantee bystanders won't get hurt (the racers deserve it if the get into an accident), it's a stupid thing to do.


Devious, to be fair you said in your original post that you wanted to race
Devious Slave said:
I mean I want to race but I don't want to get a ticket or anything like that.
Devious Slave said:
I don't want to get a ticket much less get my car lost to a damn race.
You'd be lucky if all that happens is you lose your car. You do get the ramifications if you get caught and/or someone gets injured/killed? It's a hell of a risk.


Oh, and for the record, don't get Civic. If you want to race a car, do it legally on a track and get a real car, not a ricer. Hell, at least a Supra isn't a ricer (by my definition it is not, as it is RWD and has balls stock, just like a 3000GT), but then those cost ten grand or more still. Stupid Fast and Furious movies -.-
But seriously, race on a track. It's legal (as long as you do it right, ie when it's open, you pay to get in, follow rules, etc), and while it's probably not as much of a 'rush' you can at least still have fun.

Nothing stopping you from watching people street race, though, just gotta be careful and stay out of the way.
 

TakodaVega

Supporter
Supporter
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,631
Location
Raleigh, NC
#8
Exactly like Vampy says. I -used- to. Ironically the only ticket I have ever gotten for speeding was me passing someone normally on a two lane road going about 10 over so *shrugs*.

But to be honest I do not do it anymore [mainly because my 5-speed keeled over and died D: with 190k. Yup.] Anyway, what you need to understand is you must be able to handle turns and the likes at high speeds as well. DO NOT RACE unless you are absolutely sure of your chances. I only did it for a few months, and even then it wasn't until I was completely comfortable with driving.

But Street Racing can be a deadly sport if you don't know what you're up against. I've seen Street Racers come through my job. They have Nos tanks. Tanks that if they get hit I believe can explode on impact.

Keep that in mind.
 

Devious Slave

Banned
Banished
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
487
#9
Okay just to clear things up.

I said I wanted to race but I know better not to. I like to see nice cars around my town or anywhere else and I like how they look. I'm not going to be a racer I'm just going to have a nice car and not anything illegal.

I don't think I would even have the guts to race really. Seriously I think even if I went to a street race meet I probably wouldn't like it and just back out. It's something I've wanted to see since I was 16 and see how they race the cars and other stuff. I usually don't like the night scene but I just want to check it out.

Hope that clears thing up now..
 

Sevinn

Meteorite
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
8
#11
Devious Slave said:
I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

I mean I want to race but I don't want to get a ticket or anything like that. That is when I do get a car though.

The car I would race in when I get it all powerful and street ready would probably be either a Honda Civic or something of the like. I need to find out about cars more first.

Do you like street racing??

Or

Do you think it's stupid and a total waste of time??

I'm asking this cause I might get my drivers license this next weekend or sooner and I want to drive around and look at the nice cars go by. Not to mention I hear racing cars down on the highway that I live near by.

Tell me your opinions I would like to hear ^^ Just say your opinions please. I don't want flaming/drama or anything of that sort.
There is a middle ground. I don't know about over there, but here in the UK there is quite a lot of racing on old airfields. There are plenty still left over from WW2 with runways, somewhat intact which we used to used to racing, and still are used quite a bit. Using dead ground like that with no traffic or passers by is a better idea.

I dabbled a bit, first with an Integra R, then a Scooby, then a 325i. Getting steady girlfriends got in the way so I had to give up. There are only so many ways a car can please you...

A civic is an ideal car for a beginner. Yes it is FWD, but that is only a downer for drag, not for street, as long as you learn to cope with the understeer. A ricer is the ideal car for anything with a corner in it as it will leave any US made car way behind. Their advantages are on straights. You can do a lot with Honda engines, they like to be revved and the VVT on some of the models is infinitely tunable, especially if paired with a remap and cold air induction.

Once you're experienced then you can get something with a little more meat like a Scooby or Evo for street or a muscle car for drag. Start slowly, develop your skills and move up when you have gotten the most out of your present car, not just when you're bored with it.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
124
Location
The Timber forests of the northern territories.
#12
Sevinn said:
Devious Slave said:
I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

I mean I want to race but I don't want to get a ticket or anything like that. That is when I do get a car though.

The car I would race in when I get it all powerful and street ready would probably be either a Honda Civic or something of the like. I need to find out about cars more first.

Do you like street racing??

Or

Do you think it's stupid and a total waste of time??

I'm asking this cause I might get my drivers license this next weekend or sooner and I want to drive around and look at the nice cars go by. Not to mention I hear racing cars down on the highway that I live near by.

Tell me your opinions I would like to hear ^^ Just say your opinions please. I don't want flaming/drama or anything of that sort.
There is a middle ground. I don't know about over there, but here in the UK there is quite a lot of racing on old airfields. There are plenty still left over from WW2 with runways, somewhat intact which we used to used to racing, and still are used quite a bit. Using dead ground like that with no traffic or passers by is a better idea.

I dabbled a bit, first with an Integra R, then a Scooby, then a 325i. Getting steady girlfriends got in the way so I had to give up. There are only so many ways a car can please you...

A civic is an ideal car for a beginner. Yes it is FWD, but that is only a downer for drag, not for street, as long as you learn to cope with the understeer. A ricer is the ideal car for anything with a corner in it as it will leave any US made car way behind. Their advantages are on straights. You can do a lot with Honda engines, they like to be revved and the VVT on some of the models is infinitely tunable, especially if paired with a remap and cold air induction.

Once you're experienced then you can get something with a little more meat like a Scooby or Evo for street or a muscle car for drag. Start slowly, develop your skills and move up when you have gotten the most out of your present car, not just when you're bored with it.

I agree with sevinn and what he said. a civic is a great car to start with for a beginner to start with and that you should get the most out of your car before moving on and not moving up when u get bored with it.
 
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
848
#13
My grandmother's boyfriend lost his eye street racing a few years ago.

It's a dangerous and stupid sport, you're not only risking your own life but also the life of anybody else on the road. If you want to race, there are many legal places to do it, fuck, go go-cart racing.
 

Sevinn

Meteorite
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
8
#14
ZOMBiiE said:
My grandmother's boyfriend lost his eye street racing a few years ago.

It's a dangerous and stupid sport, you're not only risking your own life but also the life of anybody else on the road. If you want to race, there are many legal places to do it, fuck, go go-cart racing.

Go carts are a great way to get started. Many F1 drivers started in carts. Jensen Button, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, all F1 World Champions, or were started there.
 
Top Bottom