Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Tree

Alex

Supporter
Supporter
Winter Tree​

The winter storm seemed have bred a heavy depression for the populace of this city, for there was not a single car nor soul driving past my humble abode. It was as if everyone but me had died at this moment, if only for this morning's grace.

As I sat by my window, I peered out into the deserted street, my eyes drawn over to a nearby tree across the way; it, too seemed to be consumed by the depression of this storm on the outside. It's branches were heavily thick with ice, drooping down unnaturally against it's own limbs very will. Yet, even after being bombarded throughout the winter season of ice and snow, with the winds threatening to buckle it's very life, the proud tree still somehow stood defiant and strong against this unwanted kin of seasons. I knew that something was going to give, whether it was the ice or the tree itself. And yet...

I pondered, admiring the tree's very struggle and wished that I too could stand against the tyranny of it all. Not just the ice and snow, but the bounding winds that would lash at one's own face if unprotected, leaving a sting of chilling red among the skin.

It was not as though the tree had any choice but to stand against the odds of cold winter, for it's will was to live and thrive. I wondered what it would be like if the populace were to be the same; instead of giving up, grow and prosper. I admit, it was an interesting and amusing thought, but not one to be rejected. What would it be like to stand our ground, fighting against the ice and wind just to survive the next season of storms and harsher winds?

It seemed hopeless, for the tree would always be at odds, yet it never would stop growing until it's very roots were pulled from the ground. To stand against the beauty of the seasons and not show any bitter or begrudging intentions, but be fruitful, giving it's blessing of air and offspring upon the very earth wishing to consume it.

What sort of world would that be, I pondered as I sipped my black coffee.

____

Ah, I needed to write something after a frustrating day. ><; My phone has been EVIL, my brother and I have been fighting, my game files corrupted, and my cats have been non-stop fighting... So, after that walk, I sat down and wrote this short story that seems to have my writing all over the place. xD

In any case, enjoy. This was more for me to get frustrations out in the end.

Back
Top Bottom