Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I wish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biting Girl

Super-Earth
I wish there was a way to reorganize the PM's so that you could keep better track of the previous PMs when playing a game via that way. I know that you can always keep the quoted text in there, but I'm of a minimalist mind, and having a huge block of text before replying is sort of an OCD no no with me.

Is there ANY way to do this? Anyone have suggestions for a better way?

You can make up folders and move your PMs into them as the rp goes on (both the received and sent PMs). Maybe that will help?

I sometimes remove the quote tags as the messages collect and leave the block of previous text under just one quote box.
I also save some in a writing document (noting who/what the roleplay is) and clear out the previous messages

I've never tried what DontxBlinkk suggested but I will check that out.

I've done quite a number of things in the past, but the two that seem to bother me the least are:

1) Moving each message to individual folders. This will have to be done manually every time a PM from your partner comes in, which is definitely one of the cons. It'd be nice to have the message automatically enter the folder but unfortunately that feature isn't available as of right now.

2) Quote the post I'm replying to, but have the quoted portion at the bottom of my message and put my actual reply on top of that. This one is my favorite. I know it's still a block of extra text within the message, but it's not so glaringly hideous. It's purely an aesthetic thing for me because in PM roleplays, I like looking at the reply first, then having the previous message below it in case I need to remind myself of a particular detail.

So in essence it looks something like:
Aria's RP reply. text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

Aria's RP Partner said:
text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

Biting Girl said:
I wish there was a way to reorganize the PM's so that you could keep better track of the previous PMs when playing a game via that way. I know that you can always keep the quoted text in there, but I'm of a minimalist mind, and having a huge block of text before replying is sort of an OCD no no with me.

Is there ANY way to do this? Anyone have suggestions for a better way?

Maybe I'm not understanding your question correctly, given that no one above me has given the answer I would have given. But if you're trying to post a reply in a role play without repeating what the person above you posted (much like I just did here), you don't click on the "Reply" button directly below their last post. Instead, you click on "New Reply" (further down the page) and type your response in the box provided.

Is that perhaps the answer you were looking for?

This thread has been dead for 3 months and should not have been necroed, so I'll be locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom