Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Heroes: Emergent (Los Angeles, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveler

Pulsar
tumblr_l2f77aoyhE1qztq6to1_400.jpg

~The City of Angels~​

Elizabeth Gordon
1:15 PM LA, USA

Elizabeth Gordon wrapped up a luncheon meeting and went out to the waiting black Towncar. She idly flipped through her emails, catching up on anything she missed during the meal. She'd a hard and fast rule in business, and life really, Always be Present. Sometimes it could be hard, but she'd found the more she focused on the current moment the more open she was to the flashes of insight and inspiration that served her so well in the past. What others might call hunches or the guidance of guardian angels, Elizabeth had come to think of in more Jeffersonian terms. Her preternatural 'luck' was directly due to how hard she worked to prepare herself to act when opportunity knocked. Her results were directly correlated to her clarity of purpose and quality of mind and body...

~Speaking of...~ Elizabeth thought to herself as she had the impulse to glance at her schedule. She had a few hours free and suddenly the ocean was calling to her. "Jimmy, change of plans... Take me to the beach house, I want to hit the Zeros with the tide..." she explained conversationally. She sent out a few emails and worked on her laptop during the hour long drive, wrapping things up as Jimmy pulled into her Malibu house's driveway. Nodding at the back after stepping out of the car, she tacitly asked Jimmy to bring her things in for her as she made her way up to the bedroom to shower and change into her cute new bikini and her wetsuit.

A little later she was on the ocean as the swell coursed around, catching them at /just/ the right moment to draw from them a truly sweet ride. Elizabeth learned she enjoyed this time alone, simply being in the moment, doing nothing important, just relying on her intuition and balance. ~... Wish you could see me now...~ she thought to herself as her thoughts traveled back in time to when she sat on the beach, squinting as she watched him ride the waves like he was Venus as a boy... The spray that hit her face washed away the tear that rolled down her cheek snapping her out of her heartbroken reverie and bringing her back into the present. As the sun set, she paddled back into shore and peeled off her wet suit to allow herself to luxuriate in that last rays of the day's sun. All in all, it was a good day.

(Moving my older post)

Reem Altayeb
11:00 AM, LA, USA​

Reem's job meant that she needed to stay at the restaurant from 9 AM till 10 PM. She was the waitress, the four chiefs and the manager of a cheap Mediterranean restaurant that served Falafel, Shawerma and other Mediterranean pitas in downtown LA. It wasn't a heavy burden, she actually stayed home all day drinking merrily and playing video games while her clones secured her job. The owner of the restaurant was a family relative, and given Reem's knowledge in her own country's food and her special 'skills' at multitasking, she proved her worth in her job. For the first year, she slowly found ways to drive all her fellow employees away from the restaurant then convinced her uncle that she could manage the place all by her own. Her uncle, unbeknownst of her abilities, was skeptical but after putting the matter to test, he was very happy with the result. Reem now takes the salary of that's equivalent to 4 other people running a restaurant while she stays at home wasting time.

This wasn't how she pictured herself a few years ago when she looked at the future. Her social life is almost non-existent as her circle of friends fails to extend beyond pizza guys. An interesting ability thrown to waste. The fact that she can sense everything each clone goes through meant that she could learn two languages every month, travel the world, work at different fields, write novels and poetry, take professional photographs and even go fishing everyday. That unfortunately wasn't her current life, though she does aspire for a good change to come soon enough. She just has to meet the right people.

"The right people.." Reem thought to herself as she read an article in the newspaper. "What a load of bullshit" she sighed throwing the newspaper across the bedroom. She looked back at her reflection in the mirror. A sexy, busty, naked woman sitting on her bed looked back. She had all the signs of an unemployed woman even though she works more than most people, in a way. "Why do I need people? I can start up a company by myself.. pfft, I wish" she started talking to herself again. It happens when she gets bored and lonely. Truth was that she finds herself limited to seven clones before she feels a severe headache. She could create more clones, but last time she tried this she passed out after the ninth clone saw the light.

Her clones back in the restaurant were working ever so diligently. The waitress would be the only one the customers would see, while the rest of her clones would work behind curtains. If the restaurant gets a bit crowded, she gets the manager clone to wear a wig and pretend to be the waitress's sister and take orders.

Life was easy.. almost too easy for Reem..

Rosa Maria Santos
8:15 PM LA, USA

The day had been a long one for Rosie, but isn't that always the case on the day you get the chance of a lifetime? She'd spent all day at her desk doing research having long ago learned from Elizabeth the danger of acting in haste. By the time the afternoon came to a close she knew Neville Barstow better then his wife, his children his accountant, his bartender or his Mistress did. He wa a an Ivy League graduate who had gotten his MBA from Wharton. A Deacon in his church, he'd raised record amounts of money for their building fund and missionary work. He had two kids in college, his son went to Brown and his daughter went to Princeton while his wife stayed home in a huge empty house. For a moment Rosie thought of exploiting that fact, but she wouldn't go that route, not on this first special project for Ms Gordon. So she dug deeper and found a boring perchant for medical marijuana, slightly salacious fetish for Asian Femdom, but it wasn't until she dug deeper into his Churchill that she struck pay dirt. Grinning like a fiend she pushed her chair back from her desk crowing, "gotcha!" The response she heard was the grumble of her empty tummy which made he e-mail wince then laugh.

"Ok, ok, we deserve a break, " Rosie promises he belly and used Uber to call for a car. She set her destination as her favorite restaurant, but really, she went there for the view... of her favorite waitress. There was just something about her long dark hair, full miserable lips and feminine swagger that GOT to Rosie. Tonight, with everything going her way, she was finally going to DO something about it. Her high heels clicked sharply against the pavement as she walked up to the restaurant's front door and entered after a pair of old birdies left it. She peered around looking for the hostess praying Deem would be on shift tonight.

9PM - LAX

Peter got off the plane and headed directly to the car rental area. True, he could have flown himself and saved the time and bother of dealing with the TSA gorillas, but he had to keep up appearances. There had been a few Normal on Other attacks lately, and it made the need to keep a low profile very clear. Especially with President Petrelli on board to talk to the UN about a unified 'governership' of the nations.

It wouldn't do to have the prejudices against Others destroy his pseudo-brother's political ambitions, would it?

He finally rented a Ferrari from the Hertz counter. Heck, it was all federal money he was spending anyway. The red car suited his mood that night, and soon he was zooming down the I-5 heading into the night. He had glanced at the map earlier and spotted a glowing dot on the San Diego beaches. Elizabeth would be there. Or at least, she was there ten minutes ago. As he flew down the freeway he didn't notice the police car parked just off the road around the turn.

A red convertible Ferrari traveling on a 65 mph freeway at nearly 80... it wasn't entirely a smart move for someone trying to keep a low profile.

Reem maintains a perfect level of control over her clones, but she doesn't necessarily always 'monitor' them. In a sense, for mundane tasks like working on her uncle's restaurant, she would put them all on auto-pilot mode while she wrestles with her PS4 controller trying to kill Nazi zombies and free blonde princesses. She can choose to directly control her clones and see and feel what they are going through, but who wants to serve Falafel and fake smiles for tips? She doesn't. Reem's clone glanced at the door as it swung open. It was almost dinner time, and most people prefer Mediterranean food for lunch so the place was fairly empty. Only the bar area had one or two seats taken because apparently imported wine is always good regardless what time it is. She smiled as an attractive Latina entered the restaurant and stood by the "Please wait to be seated" sign. Abruptly, the clone left whatever was in her hand and went to welcome the customer.

All clones carry a bit of Reem's personality in them and don't necessarily behave like robots. Therefore, when they see something Reem would like, their brain and hormones react similarly to Reem's typical reaction. "Welcome dear, would like like a table, booth or are you here for the bar?" the clone said with a bright smile, her eyes swaying off to admire the Latina's physique before her brain forced them back to where they belong.

James turned on his siren and began to speed after the speeding Ferrari. "Pull over to the side of the road. NOW." He shouted into his intercom system to get the other drivers attention as he sped after him with flashing lights and a blaring siren. He slid his hand down to the holster on his belt, just in case he needed his gun, as he used his other hand to speed after the car.

~Shit!~

Peter slowed the car and put on the blinker, weaving his way to the shoulder to pull over. This was not what he needed tonight. It wasn't like he was driving recklessly... just fast. Really fast.

He momentarily considered making himself look like a hot blond chick to try to talk himself out of a ticket, but then Peter remembered that the main reason so many people feared those with powers was because they thought that the Others thought themselves better than the average human. So instead of appearing like a hot, buxom gal in a low-cut shirt, Peter looked like Peter when he rolled down his windows and waited for the cop to arrive.

As he waited he pulled out his New York license and his rental agreement. He leaned an arm on the window sill and looked in the rear-view mirror, watching the cop as he approached the car.

Elena yawned as she marched down the street. She posture was straight and her facial expression was blank, her glassy eyes fixated at the sidewalk before her. She seemed to be heading somewhere, her right hand constantly entering her pockets as if to check for something. In her left hand was a large smart-phone with a white case. With it, she compulsively checked the time at seemingly random intervals. Though her purse was strapped to her right shoulder and easily in reach, Elena kept the phone in hand and gripped tightly, as if hanging onto it for dear life.

As she continued walking, a Ferrari sped quickly by; a police car quickly following. Elena turned her head, tracing the action as she saw the two cars stop at the road in front of her. Interested, she put her phone, along with both hands, in her pockets. Elena walked closer to the scene and watched somewhat interested.

"Automobile. Over-accelerating. Enforcer. Working." Elena droned to herself in a quiet, robotic mumble.

Rosa Maria Santos
8:15 PM LA, USA

Rosie tossed her head making a dark halo of her hair as the hostess walked over to her. She felt the woman's assessing eyes upon her but thought nothing of it as she took it as part of her job to figure out how much of a VIP she was, this was LA after all. "A booth, I think," Rosie said lightly and smiled warmly at her then added as she was led to her table, "and if you wouldn't mind, please tell the waitress I'd like a glass of white, it's been one of /those/ days." Her admission was the sort of open honesty that tended to ellicit a knowing, compassionate smile.

Rosie sat and then looked over the menu quickly, making her choices and then drew out her phone. A fingertip swept across the face of her phone as she responded to a few priority emails. As the waitress approached she set it aside and enjoyed the sight of her lovely lithe, curveceous in motion and her bright smile. She dipped her head to Reem as a welcome and waited to be addressed before speaking to her.

Reem's clone smiled sympathetically in retaliation as Rosie opened up about her stressful day. "I'll be your server, sweetie. I'll get you a good glass of white wine right away" the clone said as she lead Rosie to her table. She then handed her the food menu before she parted ways and headed to the kitchen. "Sexy chick on booth three", "I'd suck those titties dry", "I can drum the national anthem with those buns" , "Next time, I'm the waitress!" and such remarks were now exchanged in the kitchen area. The clone walked back toward Rosie's table with Rosie's glass of white wine and then placed it before her in the table. She also brought her a small basket with Mediterranean bread and garlic bread and a small, two-sectioned dipping bowl. One section had Hummus with olive oil and a black olive in the middle. The other section had a thyme spread that had thyme, olive oil and sesame. Next to all that was the usual black pepper and salt, as well as Sumac, a usual condiment in most Mediterranean joints. Rosie could notice this, but she was the only one getting that treatment. Most other costumers wouldn't get all that free food on their table before they even order. "Are you ready, dear?" The clone said, mentally prepared to listen carefully and memorize Rosie's order.

The real Reem a few miles away from the street was watching her clones goofing around with a hot girl and smiled as she watched how the events would unfold.

Traveler said:
~Shit!~

Peter slowed the car and put on the blinker, weaving his way to the shoulder to pull over. This was not what he needed tonight. It wasn't like he was driving recklessly... just fast. Really fast.

He momentarily considered making himself look like a hot blond chick to try to talk himself out of a ticket, but then Peter remembered that the main reason so many people feared those with powers was because they thought that the Others thought themselves better than the average human. So instead of appearing like a hot, buxom gal in a low-cut shirt, Peter looked like Peter when he rolled down his windows and waited for the cop to arrive.

As he waited he pulled out his New York license and his rental agreement. He leaned an arm on the window sill and looked in the rear-view mirror, watching the cop as he approached the car.

James approached the drivers side of the car, making a gesture for Peter to roll down his window. Waiting for him to do so, he pulled out his ticket book. "Do you know how fast you were going back there?" He asked.

The hostess/waitress' words earned her a warm and happy smile from Rosie as she sat at her table and heard that her libation of choice would soon be on its way. She had no inkling of the conversation in the back of the restaurant, but serendipitously was having similar thoughts about the gorgeous woman serving her. "Mm mm, gracias hermosa," she murmured appreciative as her waitress set everything infront of her, her tongue effortlessly rolling the Rs, turning the simple grateful compliment into a casually seductive purr.

"I thought I did, but now you've set such a lovely spread in front of me... not sure where to begin," Rosie admitted before taking a little sip of her glass of white wine. Her eyes lit up a bit as it's cool sweetness ended with hint of a pleasantly sharp bite, and she stopped her head to her waitress in acknowledgement of the great choice she'd made on her behalf. "Could I be horrid and monopolize your time? I'll put myself in your hands entirely, pick whatever the chef does best...I'm sure you'll continue to impress...." Rosie said with a playful kind of challenge in her voice add she looked up into Reem's eyes coyly, unaware of just how much of an audience she had as she went from 'customer unwinding after a long day's to someone more fun and flirtatious.

As Rosie waited to hear if Reem would take up her challenge she tore of a piece of bread and then dipped it it o the Hummus swirling it through the olive oil but carefully avoiding the black olive in the middle. Her eyes played down Reem's delicate jaw and played over her throat and bosom, seemingly searching for something more then ogling her, but Rosie's gaze lingered in a way that wasn't rude but want disinterested either. "I'm Rosa, Rosie to my friends," she said as an introduction an gentle invitation as she extended the menu back to Reem a final sign of trust in her.

The clone's eyebrows jumped up in absolute surrender to Rosie's bold flirtatious attempts. She carefully considered the challenge.. NOT. "Sure!" she said excitingly, then it hit her that their menu wasn't spectacularly diverse. A couple of Shawarmas and pitas here and their badly selling Mediterranean pizza there. "I'm Reem, I hope you won't end up strangling me when I fail" she said playfully, the formalities quickly dropping between the two as they exchanged names and glares of admiration. "Just kidding" she followed with a smile and a courteous bow that revealed her impressive cleavage while she retrieved the menu, 'I hope you do' her heart finished the sentence discreetly. "I'll try to get your food early, Rosie".

On the other side of the wall, four Reems engaged in a heated debate. It was as if they were planning a third world war, or trying to solve global warming. Every single item in the menu was considered, and even items that weren't in the menu were analyzed as well. The four held a vote in the end, and Chicken Shawarma won the poll. Freshly cut from the best side of the Chicken spit, the meat was seasoned with a hint of black pepper, lubricated with tahini sauce and engulfed in a sea of lettuce, tomatoes, and french fries then wrapped up in a warm, freshly baked pita bread. On the dish, the Shawarma was duo'ed with three Falafel balls.

Reem carefully made her way back to Rosie with her food on the tray. "Enjoy" she said in a flirtatious tone before she carefully slid the tray before Rosie. "Shawarma de Pollo" she cutely joked with her bad Spanish before she excused herself. "Let me know if you need anything" she added, Rosie's beauty almost making her forget to say the usual lines every waitress says. Four sets of eyes looked from a window that separated the kitchen area, they awaited in anticipation for Rosie to take a bite and taste their art craft hoping that they didn't disappoint or it would be the last time they get her in their joint.

9:30 PM - on the 405 headed north towards Santa Monica

Peter Petrelli sighed as the cop walked over to his driver's side door. Didn't they know how dangerous that side was? Most on the East Coast approached from the passenger side nowadays to minimize the chance that some nut case on the freeway would side-swipe the uniform and make him or her into a human-sized smear against the car.

He rolled down his window and waited for the officer to address him, as he got his ID, the car's registration and other paperwork together. "No Sir, I'm not very well acquainted with this car. It's a rental and... well... it didn't feel like it was going very fast, but I'm used to a bigger, boxier vehicle." He gave the cop a smile. "I guess I was paying more attention to the freeway signs then my speedometer. Sorry about that."

With any luck he would get a ticket and be released, but he was hoping that the cop would cut him a break and just give him a stern warning. His familiar family name, though, made him a target for haters. Not everyone loved President Petrelli, and those who had misgivings about the 'freaks' or 'others' might hate him even more.

Elena stopped for a second before hand waving off what was happening before her- it had nothing to do with her. Elena reached into her pocket to pull out her phone. She wasn't late yet. 8:30 was her dinner time; At 9:10 she would be finished; At 9:30, she would be in class; At 12:40, class would be over depending on her professor's mood; then she would return to her apartment and rest until morning. Elena had spent about a day carefully planning her schedule to be productive and free of distractions. Without a car, there was very little she could do as well.

The lithe woman stopped in front of the restaurant and quickly asked for a table. She planned every one of her meals a week in advance. Elena never had the same meal two nights in a row, she never had the same style of cooking two nights in a row, and she would only spend so much money on certain times a night. Filed within her desk were various promotional letters listed in chronological order, detailing what would be discounted at what time.

This time though, Elena wanted to treat herself for passing all her midterms last semester.

Traveler said:
9:30 PM - on the 405 headed north towards Santa Monica

Peter Petrelli sighed as the cop walked over to his driver's side door. Didn't they know how dangerous that side was? Most on the East Coast approached from the passenger side nowadays to minimize the chance that some nut case on the freeway would side-swipe the uniform and make him or her into a human-sized smear against the car.

He rolled down his window and waited for the officer to address him, as he got his ID, the car's registration and other paperwork together. "No Sir, I'm not very well acquainted with this car. It's a rental and... well... it didn't feel like it was going very fast, but I'm used to a bigger, boxier vehicle." He gave the cop a smile. "I guess I was paying more attention to the freeway signs then my speedometer. Sorry about that."

With any luck he would get a ticket and be released, but he was hoping that the cop would cut him a break and just give him a stern warning. His familiar family name, though, made him a target for haters. Not everyone loved President Petrelli, and those who had misgivings about the 'freaks' or 'others' might hate him even more.

"President Petrelli. Sorry, I had no idea that was you." James said as he glanced down the road. "You may go, but please be more careful." He said, as he put his ticket book back into his uniform. "And tell your brother I said hello." He softly smiled.

9:30 PM - on the 405 shoulder headed north towards Santa Monica

Peter wondered if he should correct the officer. No, probably not... he noted the man's badge and number. "Thank you, Officer Madison. I'll slow down." As he took back his ID and information his fingers brushed across the man's fingers, lifting up Jame's power without realizing it.

He smiled at the cop and waited for him to leave before putting his car back into 'drive'. Madison was good-looking as far as cops went, making Peter wonder if his stay in LA would be strictly business or if it would have some pleasure in it as well. He drove more carefully the rest of the way.

10:15 PM, Santa Monica - near Elizabeth Gordon's home

Peter knew that some people hated to be dropped in on unannounced, but he needed to see this Elizabeth woman and find out if she was an asset or a threat to the company. Not that they had a 'company' any longer, but... well, it was damned complicated. He hated that phrase to its core, but that was what it was. Soon he was standing outside door that announced the home of a powerful and wealthy person. He knew that a camera was trained on him, and wondered if there was anything else trained on him as well.

Unus tantum vitae, he thought. Life only comes around once. For most of us. That brought a slight smirk to his lips as he rung the doorbell. With any luck, Elizabeth Gordon would hear him out.

She arrived at L.A. International just moments ago as instructed by an anonymous caller saying her living arrangements have been taken care of. "I wonder what this is about." She says to herself as she walks through the airport terminal to baggage claim to gather her things then swiftly hailing a taxi heading towards the apartment she was told shed find a key to in the mail box. Pulling up to a large complex in a nice suburban community she pays the driver then pulls her luggage up the walk way reaching into the mail box pulling out an envelope addressed from her aunt with no postage. Inside she finds a key and an apartmen number along with a stack of american money heading inside looking around before collapsibg on the couch with a sigh. "Ni ni.. call auntie in the morn."

Early Autumn, 2020

Daniel Anderson
thought about the landing gear on the Aerion Supersonic Business Jet he was flying. Sensing his intention and reacting to it, the plane sent down its gears and banked to the left, getting into position to land at the LAX once it was given clearance to land. The plane was an extension of the pilot and just as the plane 'knew' what he wanted it to do, he 'sensed' things like speed, wind, temperature, etc. though the bio-communicators that pilots used in their planes.

"Please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts. We are approaching Los Angeles International Airport. The local time is three forty-five in the afternoon, and the temperature outside is eighty-two degrees fahrenheit. Slight eastwardly breezes outside herald a ten percent chance of precipitation tonight. Thank you for flying Petrelli Air." He spoke into the microphone and glanced up at the windshield, viewing the reflection in it that revealed to him the images of the people seating behind him.

Angela Petrelli looked over at her remaining son, Peter, and smiled. "Well, it's what you wanted isn't it?"

Peter tightened his lips into a strained smile. "It's what we have to do, Mother. You know that." Every since 'Nathan' regained his memories of his life as Skylar they were not able to control him. They had concocted away to kill him once and for all, and as far as they knew, it had succeeded. Unfortunately it spelled the end of his presidential term and put his VP in charge of the country. Thankfully elections was just a month away. It was possible that he'd get elected to office, but more than likely the scandal that was scheduled to be 'leaked' to the media that evening would put an end to the fanatic's political career.

"You're right, it had to be done." She smiled at him and looked out the window as the plane touched down on the tarmac. Sometimes the only way to control people was to let them believe that they were in charge, and right now she was content to allow Peter to think that she was going along with his plans for them to have a nice, 'normal' life in the City of Angels.

Once the celebrity passengers disembarked, Daniel checked the plane in with security and then grabbed his overnight bag. Los Angeles had become his home now, and he had plans to hit the clubs tonight and see if it could be as much fun as London had been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom