Outsider's Fun(TheAnnoyingNoob & Myself) (Dishonored)

If Dunwall had ever been a beautiful city, there was no sign of it now. The once thriving center of industry was torn apart, a crippled shadow of its former self. The plague was its literal cancer that was tearing it apart, killing its poorer citizens, pushing the castes further apart as the rich stayed well. The rulers of the city were desperate to fix it, mostly the Empress of the Isles, Jessamine Kaldwin. She cared, she was a good leader, and wanted to save her people before it was too late. Down to their last options, she sent her Lord Protector out to the other kingdoms, to find some way of dealing with the plague. It hadn't turned out well, Corvo returned empty handed, the other rulers deciding to blockade them to protect themselves.

The other heads of the city did not share her care for the citizens, instead deciding to make a move for themselves. The Spymaster orchestrated a coup, hiring assassins to kill the Empress and kidnap her daughter, placing him on the fast track to the throne. Corvo was supposed to return later, but he'd gotten back early, and as luck would have it, the blame fell to him as Jessamine died in his presence, the Spymaster finding the perfect scapegoat. After torturing him for a confession for months, they were ready to kill him, the assassin of the Empress deserved the death penalty.

That night a resistance movement sprung their plan, sneaking an explosive and equipment into Corvo's cell, breaking him out. Corvo escaped the prison, finding his way to a boatman that they'd sent for him. The group told Corvo their plan, to take out the Spymaster and expose the coup. He was the final part, his skills being what they needed to put it into action, to take out the main players, the Spymaster, the head of the church, nobility, others. So this was his life now, his first night at the Hound's Pit Pub, getting some rest before his first mission.

As he slept, his dreams were strange. They would feel real, eerie, as if his soul had left his body and been taken somewhere else. The atmosphere was heavy, he stood in the middle of a large tiled platform. A dark fog started to rise from the floor, and a man formed out of it, floating in front of the assassin, crossing his arms and smirking. "Hello, Corvo. Your life has taken a turn, has it not? So much change in so little time. You will play a pivotal point in the moments to come, and for this I have chosen you. I have brought you to the Void, to give you a choice. For your mission ahead, I will grant you my mark, to control the forces of the world, what your people call magic. I will observe you, to see how it turns out. It will change you, but you will be able to do things no other human can. Do you accept my power?"

Back
Top Bottom