Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PM's Diabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gashnaw

Banned
Banished
Are Pm's disabled by default? I ask because i often get messaged form users who are new to the site have have PM's disabled. If it is a default setting i do feel it should be changed as most people would not think of turning it off right away. (In fact if it is a default setting, i honestly do not remember turning it off with either of my accounts)

It isn't a default, to my knowledge, because I never turned it off.

I have a feeling that sometimes the Admins will disable a users PMs if they break the rules but not bad enough to get banned.

If an Admin could chime in though, that would be helpful.

SithLordOfSnark said:
It isn't a default, to my knowledge, because I never turned it off.

I have a feeling that sometimes the Admins will disable a users PMs if they break the rules but not bad enough to get banned.

If an Admin could chime in though, that would be helpful.

Yea that would be, as I do not recall turning them off either.

Some new players PM to almost everyone they can see on the online list to see if they can roleplay with them but that's not how it works, you have to submit a searching thread on the looking for roleplay for males / females. That is what I believe resulted in their PM's getting disabled because of their mass spamming of pm's looking for a roleplay partner.

The default is for PM's enabled upon registration. However, if they are off it is because somehow the member turned them off. Whether by accident or on purpose, well that is on them. What possibly has happened is in tweaking their profile and settings, they turn this off accidentally or in not knowing what this is exactly.

Also, to clarify... YES we can manual change the settings on PM's. But we have a damn good reason for doing it and WE always let you know when it's been done.

Hope this helps clarify for you all!
~LD

It's also possible that there was a mistake and you were placed on ignore/you placed them on ignore. So that is another option to whats happened. It's more likely that they accidentally turned them off like LD said though.

Just thought I'd add this in since it's another possibility.

It's fine, glad I could help. Also, I don't think it would. I'm not certain since I don't think I've ever been placed on ignore nor have I ever messaged someone who had me ignored. Or anyone who had PMs disabled. So as far as what would be said in that instance I'm not entirely certain, I doubt that it would say that if they had simply ignored you though.

But all we are doing is listing what possibly happened. Not what indefinitely happened since we arn't certain what happened with them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom