Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What's on Haru-sama's Mind (Absense/Apologies/Writing Journal)

Haruki-sama

Lover of Cuddles
I think it's time I chucked one of these up, so no one questions where I am and what I'm doing.

This will also serve as a place for me to announce absences, apologize profusely, and serve as a writing log / journal for various RPs and other musings, real or fantasy.

Re: Haruki's Absences and Apologies

I'm almost thinking about taking a break from here. I've just not had much luck in the RP front as of late.

It seems every time I find someone who is willing to play with me, something happens to them. I haven't had a stable 'long term' RP partner / friend for a long while, and one can only take so much of that.

Re: Haruki's Absences and Apologies + What's On His Mind....

I must apologize to anyone whom thinks I've left them hanging. I haven't, as that's now how I do things. I just haven't had that muse to RP as of late. Life gets in the way like that sometimes, but it's not just life itself.

A lot of what I crave is uncommon or just unpopular....I've come to realize this over the years. Frankly though, I don't much give a hoot. We all have different things of the kinky kind that push our buttons....be them actions, or words, or appearances / styles of dress.

I guess I've become like a lot of other RP'ers out there. It never used to be like this, but as we all get older, we settle into our ways, and as such, it starts to become a bit pointless to keep being told to expand on horizons. I did that long ago.....a lot of the things I now latch onto as far as likes in RPing...and on a much wider scale with other hobbies I have, were decided through the years, not instantaneously. It's like, you start with a wide scope of things and eventually as you dig in, you hone in on the things you like and dislike.

Whelp, tally another lost RP partner willing to do any and every thing I craved. That, plus another supposed long-term partner I met here not showing up anymore.....

I hate Aprils! I'm supposed to be getting psyched for A'Cen next month and I've got my RP muse being beaten down with a sack of bricks.

No, no too weak. A nuke! Yeah, more like it.

I didn't meet the person here, it was a year ago at the Gaia site (which I'm really fixing on leaving....too many damn kids on there). I guess life finally caught up from behind and bit them in the ass. I can't really talk them down or anything...she DID officially retire and let me know of it, so I can't get mad. That's a rare thing nowadays...having someone tell you "I'm not into this RP' or "I'm quitting because of life priorities". Nowadays it seems people just up and go 'poof', no forewarning.

When and where will I catch a break? Or am I really asking for too much out of my request here and at other RP communities? I guess I am, since I've had dog shit luck for 5 years now to connect with and keep longstanding RP partners and, on the deeper level, friends.

I'll be out starting this Thursday afternoon and won't return home until Sunday afternoon / evening roundabout. Anime convention time....nothing like the sights of big-city Chicago. Should be fun as always. ^^

Apologies to the few whom I do RP with. Hold out and be patient for my return.

Yipes! I never did put a note that I came back from Chicago. Damn, sure wouldn't mind having stayed down there though.

Anywhoo I'll be taking a hiatus from RPing. It's just not bringing me much luck and more frustration as of late. My kinks are too odd and completely misunderstood, and my ideas I guess are too odd as well.

RE: Haruki's Absences and Apologies + What's On His Mind.....

Woah! That was like Armageddon had just hit.

Seems like the board owner has everything up and running again though. It'll be time getting used to the new setup....most boards do that whole phpBB (the old way this place was set up) and VBulletin (the way many boards online are set up).. I suppose this would be a good chance for me to also do a little updating to RP requests. They're rather unorganized in their current form.

To all those whom I was RPing with, get back in touch with me. I had to flush my inbox...seems all the saved messages I had caused it to bust open at the seams. I'll be doing quite a lot more RPing on threads and IM to even things out. I can't do everything through PMs.

Laying low for a bit......

I suppose I could be considered taking a break from the RP realm. I'm trying to get new ideas by re-watching some anime I haven't taken in for a few years, and especially tackling my insane huge backlog of RPGs. All in hopes of finding some new ideas to play with here.

I'm getting a clear message (albeit, untyped and silent) that my ideas are not what people want here. Admittedly they are rather self-serving, probably a bit sketchy, and not very fair to the other party interested in RPing with me. It seems too, with that idea, I wind up getting partners who have something bad going down in their life and eventually just quit RPing anyways.

Not to say one has to be completely dedicated to this gig called RPing. It's a community that has its ebb and flow. People, be new or veteran like myself, quit due to life catching up to them and biting them in the ass, and new people come aboard the ship. It sure would be nice to nail down one or two folks who would like to escape with me for a time during the week to play out ideas or helping each other out in fantasy fulfillment.

There's going to be no changing what I want to do in an RP, or the subject material I draw from. My kinks are mine, and rather niche, as is the subject matter (anime canon, RPG canon, and so on)...I get the point with all that, and accept that. I do not read books, watch much TV (unless it's a DVD/BluRay disc), nor is my imagination deep enough to pull characters at random out of my backside.

I guess I just need new / more / different ideas for subject material and a new way to present it to you folks for consideration.

Thus why I'm trying to push my long-term request more the last week or two, and I'll probably kill the short-term one for a little 'renovation' to it.

For now, it's off to put a wrap on this RPG I've been tackling Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits. Quite an interesting little story to that one that may have some potential...actually it's split between two characters, seeing the same events unfold with two different points of view, but I'm not at all willing to take on the OBVIOUS taboo gig between its two main characters....which I won't spoil here, but it seems to be the popular 'pairing' type to do in RPing these days. Especially with younger RPers. It may be 'boring' to do hetero relationships that don't deal with incest in an RP, but that is how I roll.

Take care
- Matt

Just Coasting Along......

Not too much has changed since the last time I plotted down text to this thread. I DID finally beat that RPG I named, plus another one Radiata Stories. While it's not RPing, at least tackling a few titles in my insanely massive RPG backlog killed a bit of time that otherwise would have been done here.

I'm still not sure what to do about the RPing side of my life though. I wonder what is so wrong with myself and / or my ideas? I guess they are so far-reaching. It does NOT help what has become of the very two facets of my life where I get much of my story and entertainment from (anime and RPGs, respectively), have been overrun by the annoying types of folk whom us more sane-minded folk really don't want to associate with. I've done my best to basically abandon both fandoms and go it alone, yet they are there, breathing down the neck, and it just doesn't look pretty to a mainstream general public.

I've already put forth before....my likes and dislikes won't be changing anytime soon. Not that I'm unwilling to try other ideas, but I can't seem to find any point in adding more things to my already-insane list of things I wish to take up....be it one-shot gigs that only run a few sessions, or long stories that run for weeks or months (for the rare few, a year or more) at a time, and kinky-wise...well that's me, myself and I. We all have those 'things' that push the 'excitement' buttons...some more pedestrian, others way out there. That is why a place like Blue Moon exists....no? I think we can all agree that it's exactly why. To facilitate anything from the mainstream to the extreme, and all in-between.

I don't know. Maybe I need outside critiquing and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from others here. I need to be told, "This is good / not good" "Here's what will work / not work." "A majority of folks will play this but not this.".....damn it, I'd even expect a "You're weird/creepy". (even though that's not a very constructive thing)

I admit to being severely jaded. Past RP partners who spoiled me rotten giving me any and every thing I craved (even if they didn't know a damned thing about a character or person)...they disappear, so I keep having to find someone new. Then my own limitations due to my sight (reading is hard, so no novels here, not since 1996). I suppose it doesn't help either having blown, but wholly enjoyed over 12 years into anime, RPGs for almost 21, two absurdly niche entertainment mediums in visual and gaming entertainment as it is.....a lot of folks + now even some former fans find both things complete rubbish nowadays..I'm down with that...to each their own.

Meh, I think I've dug myself such a ditch that I can't pull myself out of.

Request links are below. Constructive critiquing by my fellow RPers (whether I've played along with you or not...most likely not, but no matter) via PM would be a great help. Somehow I'd like to be able to whittle down some lists of mine. It may mean having to finally let go of some plots I've had in mind, and characters I wanted (either in a canon setup, OC, or myself in pairing) for years, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I spent last evening, seeing as it is technically Tuesday morning as I type this) trying to put together my first new OC in over 5 years. Haruki Ryouichi, my Orient-like emperor, was my last one but then I just gave up trying since nothing up to and including him were catching interest. He's still in 'alpha' stage if you will.....I only have a race (demon/elf or demon/human mix (note w/ latter: NOT a 'youkai' ala InuYasha....not a big fan of that series anyways) ), and here's a trend-bucking bit.....he's good-natured and kind. I know what you're thinking....boring. No, just because he's kind, it doesn't mean he can't kick ass if the situation calls for it...he'd just be loyal to those he's close to. Other than that and a little bit of a basic family history, nothing else comes to me right now. Not even an image yet. I can't draw worth a damn, so I'd either have to type out the details (tedious, plus finding someone to draw up an image for me would be a chore), or find an image that hasn't been overused to death by all the so-called 'weaboo' types out there....this is nothing short of like finding a needle in a haystack.

Keep tuned and take care.

- Matt / Haru

So I just Spent The Last 1/2 Hour....

...cleaning up requests at here and at E!, Bluemoon's sister RP forum for more serious gamers and RPers.

To say it hasn't felt like being slammed into a brick wall would be a lie, however, this may be for the better, for myself as a long-time RPer, and longer-time fan of anime and jRPGs.

I'm actually not very surprised by the moves that these boards and (surely soon, if not already) many others based in the U.S. like BM and E! are, will begin to take.

Japan, as it stands economically, is in a sinkhole ready to just let up and swallow that country's anime and (to a lesser extent) gaming industry whole eventually. Should that happen, it's going to have been a long time coming. It's an oddity of a place in the world, in that all the things that are allowed in their famous anime artstyle.

Though it's getting to the point where things are getting quite out of hand and possibly dangerous, and as such....again, I'm not surprised by the initiatives taken by the diligent staffs of many RP communities.

Being a U.S. citizen and only barely trying to study into Japan's pop culture and legalese in a passive manner....just enough to have a basic understanding of why things are what they are and why they've gotten to the point they have these days, I'm probably not meant to understand their motives, aside from the usual excuses of "Well, the economy's crap, and this stuff sells like hotcakes...let's keep making more of it."

Yeah, I'm getting squarely at the whole moe-loli and moe-shota gig that is completely wrecking that countrie's once-passable storytelling artforms of manga, anime and jRPGs. To be more specific.....character design.

I can look at, for example, Rumiko Takahashi's excellent Maison Ikkoku. You could also use any example of those classic sci-fi, outer space and mecha shows we all grew up with from the 1970s and 1980s as well, but Ikkoku is what I know best. Google some screencaps or concept art, then find bios of the characters. I'll guarantee you, 9 times out of 10, if a character bio says that the character is in his early 20s, (such as what Godai's of Ikkoku fame is at the start of the series....and for measure, throw in Kyoko, who starts at ...I believe, 23-24), they look pretty damn much like it. No oversized glassy eyes, no rounded soft faces, they look to be the appropriate heights. Really, it's all good.

Hell, even in the 1990s, for the most part, characters looked their ages. The Gundam Wing (rel: 1995) boys all look appropriately mid/late teenaged, as well as the ladies (some even hitting their 20s), and while this is probably NOT a fair thing, at least the characters from Cardcaptor Sakura...the bios of Sakura and Li don't say. "18-20"....they are what they are and look it, and at least, that franchise (screwed up as the romance angle is....frankly I paid no attention to much of it because I find such things in a series of that ilk rather inappropriate....they did NOT play it up for innocent leanings) doesn't play up the fetish-factor that the nose-bleeding middle-aged salarymen 'hikkikomori' types literally 'oogle' over this day in age.

I can say for sure, having been into the thick of this anime gig since mid-1996, things have really turned for the not-so-tasteful starting in the middle of last decade. It's turning a lot of longtime fans away completely and be assured, it's turned me off somewhat...at least to 99% of recent series from the last 5 years. I don't know if I can throw blame at stuff like AIR, Kanon, and Clannad....the trifecta of Kyoto Animation series based off KEY's (Japanese eroge game publisher) romance-drama visual novel titles. They gained a small Internet-cult following, but otherwise were ignored, being somewhat slow, and with rather ho-hum characters. I don't know if I can pin it on a certain Haruhi Suzumiya....I really can't. That show parodies and makes fun of all the things that are starting to go awry. Ouran even did this with greater success...and both are fun romps.

It's crud like Kodomo no Jinkan....I keep hearing about that title across various Internet anime forums and circles. Creepy doesn't cut it as a noun for fodder like that.

For the record, between 2005-2010, the only anime I could even enjoy without a worry include (aside from the aforementioned titles above):
Utawarerumono - 2006
Saiunkoku Monogatari (Story of Saiunkoku) - 2006-2007
Romeo x Juliet - 2007
Spice & Wolf - 2009 / 2010
Eden of the East - 2009 (I do plan on getting this one)

I do also have Baccano!, which aired in late 2008 in Japan and was released early this year to DVD.

jRPGs aren't exempt from it either. Aside from Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei franchise and most Square/Enix titles (namely, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest), the few 'vanity' companies that remain really hit the bottom-barrel in terms of character design it seems. Gust's Atelier and Ar tonelico series come to mind right away.

Let's be honest and frank folks. The reason lots of former JRPG players have retreated to WRPGs (which are fine by the way...I DO own Oblivion and Morrowind, and should I do a PC upgrade soon, Dragon Age) are not just because of the tired same turn-based battles and cliche "Someone or other being the last hope for the world." plots. It's the character design. Some of it makes one go "Ick!" and is thus, hard to really mold ones'self into. jRPGs were quite better when imagery was limited to manga / anime (ie: Breath of Fire) or watercolor-style (ie: Amano's many great contributions to the FF series) artworks. Forget finding any pretty anime cutscenes or FMVs in anything from the 'Golden era' of jRPGs, the 16-bit era. Even popular cult titles like the old Lunar series for the Sega Saturn platform.....while nodding to the younger looks for its characters, made them a joy to adventure with.

All I can ask at this point, is that three-lettered Internet acronym. W T F, Japan!?

Really though, as a long-time fan of this stuff, I just gotta say. They have to clean their damn act up and fast. Or maybe it's too late and a crash to the anime / manga industry...and maybe even government intervention (though let me be clear, I abhor censorship in any forms, so I wish for that to be an absolute last resort move by their government) is what's needed to upright the ship. Instead of pandering to the lowest-common-denominators in our societies with jailbait entertainment just because "they pay the damn bills for us". As a longtime fan, I'd love to see "a return to form".....when anime and jRPGs were a means to tell stories with fun and interesting characters of MANY ages (not just loli/shota-fodder), and their character designers weren't all on crack or dope or whatever.

Geeze, I think this is the most bitter I've gotten towards hobbies I've enjoyed for many years, but when it hits me in all areas, right down to RPing, I'm gonna squeal. In a way, it's rather sad, and I hope for the best, and I'm ready for the worst.

At least, I have a large backlog of anime and games from the last 21-odd years to enjoy, most of which doesn't include barrel-scraping fodder.

As for the RPing....as they say, 'back to the ol' drawing board.' Time to find new imagery or just add detail to things I already have down in the Kinks lists in terms of apparel. (With the characters, it's more about the apparel they wear than overall looks half the time).

Take care, and safe Trick-or-Treating.
- Matt / Haru

So Now I Have an F-list.....

....and to say the least, it sure is nice to have all my kinks organized, thus making my requests a bit shorter. Plus I now have a new community to pose my cravings towards, though the only caveat there is that I can't put them in one big group like here at BM. I have to split them and put the appropriate cravings to the appropriate board....out of the (I'd swear at least) 100 or so they have.

I don't even want to think of what the Rabbit Hole has. Hoo boy.....rejuvenated RP spirits FTW.

I still have to reorganize my cravings I have on my requests here at BM into a better, more understandable fashion, but that won't happen till next week at the earliest. This weekend will be busy.

Take care.
- Haruki

o_O Long Term rps are love. Just saying. Hope you find something. And that Japan doesn't eat you aliiiiiiiive.

TakodaVega said:
o_O Long Term rps are love. Just saying. Hope you find something. And that Japan doesn't eat you aliiiiiiiive.

-Laughs- Eating me alive? Never! I don't let the silly fandom get to me anymore like I used to.

Pondered It Over the Last Few Days.....

......after doing this important thing they call voting yesterday. I knew I'd see some big changes, none too surprising of which including the House being an "R" majority again, but not THIS big in my home-state alone. We won't see what comes until the wheels start to turn once our newly-elected governor and his legislature settle in, roll up the sleeves and get down to business. It'll be a very hard job....but things HAVE to be done, so I wish them all the best.

I didn't come to post about politics though. It is more or less in that I reflected more upon what I had put forth on the 30th of last month about sweeping changes of the non-political nature that seem to be coming to RP forums, especially those geared towards the adult population. I've come to a few conclusions....about RPing, anime and jRPGs, while trying to place no blame on the fandoms of those things.....I am also a long-time fan, and I wouldn't want someone ripping me for the titles I choose to enjoy.

Sexual fetish-isms aside, both the mediums of anime and jRPGs are literally in a lull state..with nothing very creative coming forth that appeals to a Western palate. This has been the case for the last (at least) 3, if not more, years. Anime-speaking, the things that DO wind up out of the production stage and onto TV (most of which airs on the lowest-rated TV network in Japan, NHK namely) in Japan, titles like my two favorites Saiunkoku Monogatari and The Twelve Kingdoms.....many of which do make it Stateside to home DVD release, also wind up being some of the absolute least popular titles for two reasons. No mega-popular-huge manga / toy / game to market (which of course, appeals to the kiddies), or no lewd fetishizations (is that even a word?) of characters who look younger than their stated age, which has a stranglehold on die-hard middle-aged anime fans (otaku) in Japan, and also bears a cult, if miniscule, following online in Western markets. At the end of the day with anime...kids still like their Pokemon and Naruto, and men love their jiggly boobies I guess. All manner within the fantasy (Slayers, Lodoss, et al), shoujo (all manner of drama / romance and magical girls in this category. Fushigi Yuugi, CCS, Sailor Moon and the ilk), josei (Saiunkoku, Twelve Kingdoms....though the latter is more a drama of the social and political style) and (lesser extent with, due to Eden of the East proving somewhat popular) seinen have been literally KO'ed to the mat faster than the world's best MMA fighter to the point where they could nearly be considered 'dead' genres. And of course, Western stories done in anime form by the Japanese have either come out sketchy (Howl's Moving Castle) or downright snuffed altogether on both sides of the pond (Romeo x Juliet and Count of Monte Cristo are two titles that threw GONZO into bankruptcy, among other misfires)

jRPGs are in their rut because the devs are unable, due to market forces at work (and a crap economy at that), to try anything new. Anything 'new' scares the gamer-base that have kept titles like FF and Dragon Quest so hot for nearly 25 years, and as such they bomb at retail. Only the die-hardest of die-hard gamers on BOTH sides of the Pacific dare to dive into the works of small-house devs like Gust (Atelier, Mana Khemia, Ar tonelico, et al) and Atlus (SMT), and to a slightly larger extent, Namco's "Tales" franchise and Nintendo's 'Fire Emblem" series of Strat-RPGs. I'm going to even wager a bet now that the SMT series, at least in its Persona 3 and 4 iterations, made more of a killing Stateside for Atlus (both U.S. publishing and Japanese publishing / dev divisions) than they did in native Japan, since jRP gamers here were salivating for a setting and characters that were different than the usual tired crop people bitch about with Square Enix (henceforth affectionately referred to as "Squeenix" in this post) and their various franchises.....or lack thereof in recent years.

In a nutshell, no more 'middle-market' at all, period, at least for the time being.

Now, economics aside, what's it all got to do with me. Simply put.....I put myself into a terrible rut, and if I'm going to want a more fun experience with ALL my hobbies, especially RPing, I'm going to have to make some changes to myself and what I present. It'll be hard for me, because I don't have a grand imagination like some of you whom I'm sure are aspiring to be novelists, whose best realized works I may see someday at the likes of Amazon.com or when I step into a Borders, B&N or local bookseller.

I had a good talk with someone whom I could now consider a kind friend over IRC earlier today, sharing what I had pondered over after watching election results last night. I've figured several things out at least.

One being, admittedly in terms of fetishes that I personally have, anime and its peculiar aesthetics in the form of common or exotic costuming that's rarely, if ever, seen in Western art.

That's one huge thing for me that pushes buttons.

Hair styles in all gravity-defying manners and every shade from red to black in the rainbow, but especially styles that utilize straight hair, or more Oriental-ish styles. Yes, gimme!

On the flipside, my tenure as a fan of jRPGs and Western-themed fantasy goes back much further than that of anime. Anime may have given me my fetish for all things exotic, Oriental and otherworldly in nature, but if I didn't get into the jRPG and Western stories of a fantasy nature, I wouldn't have my fascination with Japan's takes of Western-style attire only seen in medieval-fantasy, and I definitely wouldn't have that kink for those with pointed ears....the elven folk.

In the case of both of these mediums where I get my kinky likings from, most of the characters featured, regardless of their age, have that impossibly smooth skin to them; the only hair shown is often just atop their head. In the past, it was often cited that this was done as a cost-cutting measure, especially back in the days when anime was done painstakingly by way of hand-drawn cels and painted by way of colored inks. Nowadays in the age where all 2-d animation is drawn by hand, then scanned and colorized by computer software, I dunno about that, but either way, it's a feature I crave as well with my partners' characters.

You can peek at my Photobucket to get an overall look at attire, hairstyles and other bits, in case you're wondering.

-sigh- The trouble in getting what I crave is still punishing me though. I have no idea where to begin.

I've gotten the hint as of late, that people just plain don't want to play a canon character outside of the character's canon world. I suppose as adults, we see this as childish role-play, and since most of us are in it for some form of self-gratification....be it wanting to weave a story (with or w/out sexual bits) or just jump right into the gutter for some smutty one-shot fun, it makes it limiting....if not hard or impossible, for others who see my RP requests, to see a character they maybe know, getting into adult situations (unless of course, the original source material calls for it. In most anime other than the hentai genre, and a lesser extent, the tired-old male-aimed harem, this is almost always never the case))

Most people want to throw themselves, in the guise of a character or personality we are not in our reality, into a world that is not our own. Likewise with me. Though thanks to a few past RP partners (one in particular that stuck with me from 2001-2005) who probably should have said 'No' to me, but didn't towards my strange ideas (more than likely to be nice), I am where I am today, and have to get over this stupid craving that's frustrated me for nearly 5 1/2 years. That being, to pair myself with these canons.

As I put forth above, with me, the kinks are in how they dress, certain hairstyles / colors, smaller / slight physical features (mostly in being shorter heights and smaller breast size and the like), and that impossibly smooth skin. With me, it's not about the ages of characters. I care not for anything nekkid, and I LOATH and ABHOR loli and shota. May those two subsets be damned, but that's a whole 'nother topic for another day.

The problem has mainly come in the form of characters who have the traits I like, but are questionable in terms of true age just because of the whole aesthetic of appearance vs actual age. Japan, for as long as anime and JRPGs* have been around, have always 'child-ized' their characters. Been that way since Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and will probably stay that way till my hair falls out and I finally die of old age.

(* aside: to a lesser extent with jRPGs...at least with mainstream popular titles put out by Squeenix, Nintendo and Namco-Bandai, they do a decent job at keeping the characters looking their age, or even a bit older than their age; the more niche (Atlier, tonelico, et al), and ESPECIALLY so with visual novels (ie: the KEY titles, Utawarerumono, anything by aGĂ©, Aquaplus, LĂ©af), none of which I've had experience with, and don't want to, the more lewd, and the more younger the appearances of characters, esp females, take on.)

I've come to finally grasp that it is not the characters themselves I really want. It's the styles of attire, hair, and physical features I crave.

Therein lies another problem though. I know what you're thinking. "Well, Haruki, why not do a cosplay, or drama/play scenario?"

I've tried. It's in Request 1 in my sig. The trouble is finding imagery to work with. Cosplay is not popular amongst adults, unless one deals with the whole EGL (Gothic Lolita) subculture of Japanese culture (I have seen this a lot at my annual jaunt to Chi-town for A'Cen), or video game characters. Anime characters are..(and I have personal experience as a cosplayer of anime), to be blunt, HELL sometimes to pull off without looking like 'EPIC FAIL' material (There, my unavoidable 4Chan meme for the evening). Westerners just don't have the physique or facial structure 90% of the time to pull off the more rounded-off details that an infinite number of anime characters have. That's not the trouble though.

The trouble is just finding images of ADULTS doing the cosplaying. With anime, it's 99% always teens, and at that, almost always female. Japan is, for the most part (from what I've seen)...it HAS to be Photoshopped fluff. That or those folks just have WAY too much time on their hands and have somehow made cosplaying a 'career' (I've read about this somewhere recently and I find it a little disturbing).

Obviously, nothing out there in the cosplay circles will work for an RP setup. (This is why I have no images in that particular scene to show). I'm an adult, I wish to RP with adults, as adult characters, and my partners as adult characters, in a consenting manner. The ONLY time I waver is when I'm playing a canon for a canon RP, but even then, I play nothing below 16 anymore, and age up characters to 18+ wherever the story allows for it.

Damn it all. I have uber-rare fetishes I guess, and if I can't find any way or anyone who'll indulge with me, I'll have to suppress it all.

I have no idea where to begin when it comes to tweaking my requests in a manner where I'll have better luck with getting what I crave, WITHOUT making people feel odd, instead being more open to my ideas....both for one-shots and for the long-term.

Maybe all this comes parallel with the changes I am sensing both in our social and political makeup, and at the end of the day, it'll be all for the better for myself. The end result being that I wind up having more fun than I've ever had with RPing, gaming and anime in my life.

Take care, and get some rest after last night folks. I know I need it.
- Haruki

((PS: I welcome any PMs in response to my, what I hope will be the ONLY, long-ass entry here. I wonder if there's other anime and / or jRPG fans out there whom struggle with the same things I do. Support and RPing with others who understand is always a good thing, and something I'm lacking.))

Time For a Break....

Well, after two long explanations of my character cravings and other things, I'm quite drained. It is plain obvious to me, that my wants here just don't work or make sense to the majority.

I admit, I'm not outright into the whole BDSM gig. I'm more into the foreplay, touching, feeling, and being close to (or on) others in an RP scenario. Most (if not all) Adult RP is based (to me it seems) solely around the uber-kinky, sometimes violent material.

Not that I mind using force to get my character close to another in a scene, but don't expect clothes to be torn off.

The last few months in the RP realm for me has been a maze....and I seem to keep coming to dead ends. Here, sister-site Elliquiy, and F-list (where I've attempted to request things to no avail)...doesn't seem to matter where I put forth my ideas, wants, not-wants and other things....

Are the things I want for characters and the kinks I want to act out that terribly unrealistic? I thought that was sort of the point of RPing...to allow one to do things that otherwise aren't doable in RL. Then again, considering all the stupid antics one sees online now with the likes of Youtube, there's so much that is doable, just that it's not socially acceptable or some shit, ...to some folks, I guess it extends to RPing as well. Screw all that....it's RPing...thus fantasy, the last real escape from our screwed up society that RL presents us.

A couple of my kinks....specifically like that of being carried around, stems from childhood....or rather, the lack thereof because of life circumstances (much of which health-related, the rest of it just not having many friends in person.). The other..sitting in a lap, is more to be unique...society tells us *it must be the other way around, because I'm a straight guy*. Also I see no difference in whom gets close to the other....so long as it allows the two characters to snuggle with each other, so what? Again, when I'm in an RP scene, I'm not thinking realistically. I am here to ESCAPE reality.a

I haven't kept track, but only one person (who no longer RPs here, or maybe at all...haven't seen them online in months) and originally found me here via my short one-shot request, really understood my likings for characters, clothes styles, and kinks. Other than her, I've had no luck, and eventually you realize the time that's being wasted.

Take care.

- Haru

Edit: Well I was going to leave for good, but it seems someone happened upon my request. Maybe I'll hold out for them.

Yet another slow day for me. Usually that's how my weeks go.

It seems, someone whom recently registered, used to see me and my odd little requests at Gaia a lot. Like here, it seemed I dug myself into a hole and was eventually getting no bites with my requests. Despite making a new account there some months back, I quit the place anyways. I just found it not worth kicking the dead horse.

Guess I'm not the only one who is having trouble finding certain special RP topics around here, nor am the only one with unique fetishes.

People should help one another out in sating their ideas. It's a tough gig, but it's what I recall happening in the old days.

That or I may have just been dreaming back in the late 1990s of being online.

Take care
- Haruki

What the......?

I'm about to head out on an all-day thing that'll take me down to Miwaukee today. I pop in to check emails and stuff and after going through all the changes that are taking place here at BMR, I get another surprise...yet another PM showing concern over the characters / fandoms I have down.

I'm getting the hint already. Most of the things in anime and RPGs are not wanted / doable anymore by adults. So be it. I came here with the goal to RP with adults. I'm obiviously too old to RP with children (never mind the fact that many teens and such are not into any of the anime and RPG (and otherwise) fandoms I am into).

I don't want to leave, but I'm being left with limited options for places to present my cravings (even if I intend to bring up character ages and what not) as I keep getting flagged, with vague leads as to what I may be offering up that's in offense of the new rules here.

I think the best course of action for the mods is to just make a 'black list' of anime and other fictional works that one would suggest not to include, because it's not going to matter if I say "I'll age up the characters".

Same with OCs too. I guess I have to learn to draw, which will be never.

Cut me a break, that's basically all I'm saying. I'm doing what I can, but it seems to not be good enough. I'm realizing as it is already that I'll have to drop some things for good if I want to RP in adult communities.

I should perhaps retract my earlier grievances with the sudden sweep of changes occurring here.

I wish to take a moment and thank those mods so far (I shall not name, but you know who you are) who've been kind enough in pointing me in the right direction and giving me ideas as far as what to do with some of the anime and other canon cravings I wish to enjoy throwing into an RP setup. If it wasn't for them, I'd probably still be keeping my requests as they are and wind up digging myself into an inescapable hole.

Unlike most into fandoms and canonical style RPs, I often seem to just be able to picture the characters (mainly the younger ones) in an older format. Hopefully all I'll need to do is put special emphasis on those series with younger characters (ie: put them into a list of its own) with a nice bold disclaimer beforehand. I've begun that process, but I'm going to take time out and re-do my requests to make things more organized in that manner....and to also re-instate character ages and the like. I used to have my lists formatted like this back in my GaiaOnline / Darker RP tenure, and don't know where I got the nerve to remove all that relevant (for adult RP sites) information.

So again, thanks to the mods for actually doing their job and actually starting to clean up the clutter here.and weeding out people whom may actually sneak in to cause real trouble. Not me, not the rest of the community or its mods and owners need any more trouble than what they already have to put up with because of weird / creepy things that other cultures (which are mostly forbidden ideas in Western cultures) sneak into their entertainment. As someone like myself who has been into anime and jRPGs for years, it's my responsibility, and that Google makes it just as easy for myself (if I don't want to go back and reference my DVDs and other materials) to double-check, just as it is for the folks who run things here.

Take care
- Haruki

Just letting folks know, I'm a little busy with life, so my time here for a bit will be sporadic. ^^

Forgive me, those whom I am playing with. I shall get caught up soon and we'll resume.

Geeze, this thing is dusty.....*blows dust away.*

I'm still very much around, but I'm at wits' end in the RP realm. I'm getting the feeling something is wrong with my fantasies, fetishes and other such things, or I'd have my inbox flooded to the edges of my browser window with folks clamoring to play with me.

Not that I want such a thing.....it would overwhelm me. ^_^;;

But in seriousness, I'm not sure what to do or where to go about things anymore.

I'm sure some folks know, I am also on the sister site (the more 'serious' writing forum) to BMRP, Elliquiy. Things have been null for me there also, but that's probably partly my own doing (I don't log on as often as I should....shame on me.) Sometimes though I wonder why I even bother. My efforts are seemingly for nothing.

I guess in the end, I'm asking for a little help. Suggestions of what to do, what to change, and if I shouldn't need to change (and I really don't want to), where I'm better suited to go for my ideas, and somewhat weird, particular quirks.

Thank you for reading.

*turns to a blank page*

It's time I start anew here on BMR.

I apologize for whatever I did that may have been annoying in the past.

I decided before rejoining the ranks, I'd go about making an F-list specifically for this site after a quick re-read of the rules. Good thing most of it is really just common-sense stuff that most other forums have for rules anyways, with the additional bits related to RP content. I linked it in my sig, as well as this thread.

From here, I'm not sure quite where to continue, but I guess I'll have to figure that out on my own.

Blargh! I come back a few months ago, then BOOM!, there goes the Internet. More specifically my connection went to hell in a handbasket. It killed my drive to RP.

2 1/2 months and many phone calls and visits by tech support later, things are finally stable and working once again, so my presence will be more frequent.

Still trying to get the muse back. I'm trying my first (in ages, and hopefully this lasts a while) e-mail based writing. Good thing I was prepared for this sort of thing. Understandably, email and (also to an extent) play over mobile devices isn't popular. There's just too much potential for "real life" identifying information in those means.

I'm still stuck on what to do for a short-term RP thread....I've posed my ideas a few times over the years here and only had success early on. Nowadays I don't know. I'm still trying to gather my thoughts there, or even if it's worth the trouble putting a thread up. Seeing as the limit here is two (2) at a time on any given board, and my one is already used for long-term / story play, I'm trying to make it easier and just put all my OCs and main kink setup to the F-list profile system, hopefully to make things far less cluttered and confusing for people here. I notice a lot of others do this (I'm sure some are migrants from the now-closed Furcadia/Rabbit Hole system), and it's quite convenient.....they really do have a great profile / kink list setup. It's cleaned up my threads here for sure.

After 3 years away, I have returned. It's been so long. I'm still getting used to the new system this forum works from, but it seems pretty slick and modern which I like. I've also watch a lot of new(er) anime things....hopefully some things that people will recognize. Time to make shiny new request posts.

Back
Top Bottom