Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pokemon geneological idea development, or why human are

Lookingforthis

Planetoid
...The only damned things that aren't Pokemon in their whole world when even their GOD is.

To wit: They, since every single thing alive in the setting is referred to as a Pokemon, we have to conclude that humans are Pokemon as well.

And If all Pokemon can breed with each other, why not with human who also form part of a niche in nature and, therefore, part of the Pokemon ecosystem?

The idea is this: Interpreting the world of Pokemon in which this does take place. For example, you could take the existence of a lot of non primate Pokemon humanoid appearance as generations of otherwise bestial Pokemon breeding with humans to appear more and more so. Gaining even more alike features each subsequent generation that this happens in their various evolutions.

So popular Pokemon pets are bound to appear more and more human as time passes.

Why haven't all Pokemon ended up being humanoid by now? Because the features inherited by a human parent aren't very desirable for the Pokemon. That is to say, towards survival in the wild or in the battle field.

What good does having an increasingly higher ability for abstract thought, or a higher likelihood towards being able to talk, benefit a Pokemon for?

So most Pokemon, or even trainers that are aware of this, opt not to and instead look for stronger Pokemon to sire offspring with whom always end up being more bestial then humanoid. Furthermore, since Pokemon seem to be a bit binary on what kind of Pokemon they birth to, human offspring could in fact be a possibility as well. And given all the nurturing one of THOSE require before they are remotely defensible, is some times seen as not worth it.

We could, then, have RPs where an amatauer Breeder is presented with this highly unknown fact by the association, and procceeds to go on with it anyway.

Or a trainer who finds this out by accident. Hence the many stories of strange single parents coming into towns with human babes and their Pokemon but nothing else...

So, what do you think?

Trygon said:
Unfortunately, the first part of the forum's name is 'Constructive', and thus I can't give you my critique.

Feel free to PM me. I won't ever get anywhere if I don't get any, whether good or bad.

...It's an article justifying sex with (fantasy) animals. Your logic, while strained to the breaking point, is not entirely snapped, which is the most positive thing I can say.

Lookingforthis said:
...The only damned things that aren't Pokemon in their whole world when even their GOD is.

To wit: They, since every single thing alive in the setting is referred to as a Pokemon, we have to conclude that humans are Pokemon as well.

Alright, here's my contribution. First of all, I'm all for Pokemon eroticism, and have certainly thought about playing around with it in an RP at some point. That said, I very much disagree with this central premise of yours, that all living things in the setting are Pokemon.

I don't have any particular evidence for thinking so, but I really don't think humans could be classified as Pokemon themselves. In my view, "Pokemon" is a taxonomic term along the lines of "Animal" (though obviously I don't think it has exactly the same meaning as animal, because that would include humans, and there are Pokemon with all kinds of weird, non-animal features). I imagine it as being analogous to the 'kingdoms of life' that real-world biologists use; "Pokemon" is a term that people in that world created to describe a broad category of living things with certain common features.

Moreover, while I can't necessarily disprove that humans are, or could be, considered Pokemon, the statement that every living thing in the world of Pokemon is considered one is straight-up false: while there don't seem to be any non-Pokemon 'animals', there certainly are non-Pokemon plants, and probably bacteria (because there basically have to be).

Also, and this is a little off-topic, I'd argue that not all sexual interactions with Pokemon could necessarily be considered bestiality, just because there are Pokemon with very humanoid bodies, great intelligence, and even very human-like ways of thinking (like Mewtwo).

LittleMissTentacles said:
Lookingforthis said:

Alright, here's my contribution. First of all, I'm all for Pokemon eroticism, and have certainly thought about playing around with it in an RP at some point. That said, I very much disagree with this central premise of yours, that all living things in the setting are Pokemon.

I don't have any particular evidence for thinking so, but I really don't think humans could be classified as Pokemon themselves. In my view, "Pokemon" is a taxonomic term along the lines of "Animal" (though obviously I don't think it has exactly the same meaning as animal, because that would include humans, and there are Pokemon with all kinds of weird, non-animal features). I imagine it as being analogous to the 'kingdoms of life' that real-world biologists use; "Pokemon" is a term that people in that world created to describe a broad category of living things with certain common features.

Moreover, while I can't necessarily disprove that humans are, or could be, considered Pokemon, the statement that every living thing in the world of Pokemon is considered one is straight-up false: while there don't seem to be any non-Pokemon 'animals', there certainly are non-Pokemon plants, and probably bacteria (because there basically have to be).

Also, and this is a little off-topic, I'd argue that not all sexual interactions with Pokemon could necessarily be considered bestiality, just because there are Pokemon with very humanoid bodies, great intelligence, and even very human-like ways of thinking (like Mewtwo).

Hmmmm, fair enough. Still, what defines "Pokemon" has to be a bit more then just a taxonomy for "animal".

After all, the one type of AI that spontaneously came alive in Pokemon verse is manifestly a Pokemon as well.

Still, you know what they say about human beings being animals as well?

Not a single person in this whole thread linked to the Game Theory video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjnPyGFYKrI

There, watch that!

Back
Top Bottom