Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gender Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gashnaw

Banned
Banished
Okay I am going to ask this quite simply. What is everyone's opinion on Gender fluid people on this site (I am not saying they are bad or anything, so let me explain.)

This site, has a very heavy line between males and females. Most players wanting a particular gender for the player behind the screen. Now most people can say "I am female" when in reality they are male. (Or vice versa)

This site rule is to not tell people you are one gender when in reality you are the opposite, but then it brings me to the actual question? Where does this rule apply to gender fluids? One of my best friends is gender fluid. She often switches from girl to guy and when i am talking to her at times she gets angry when i use the wrong pronoun. Since then however she has been okay with a few people going "Her, she," even when she is having a guy day. (Mainly her folks and close friends)
However if she was on this site, what if she was having a guy day while actively searching for an RP where the one requesting is searching for males, and specificaly asking for them only? Would she be breaking the rules?

I always tell people if they are wanting to RP for both personae, whatever the reason may be, to post their RT up in both sections. This is perfectly ok and encouraged for anyone who is gender fluid or just wanting to write from a perspective that is opposite what they are. Honestly, it doesn't matter the reason. What matters for RTs is the persona, not WHAT you are. WHAT you are is personal and anyone who has issue with that can certainly state it in their own RT so as to call attention to anyone perusing. That way if someone is male and wanting to write as female and they happen across a male RT stating that, they know to move along (and vice versa, etc). Simple as that. Really, the RT should be considered a separate thing by everyone on here, but I know that a lot of people do not think in such a fashion and get hung up on it. As such, those people should be respected. But anyway, that's the deal there. Hope that answers the question too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom