Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Planetside 2

UnluckyGambit

Super-Earth
Hello everyone,

My friends have gotten me back into a game called Planetside 2. Now for those of you who don't know what Planetside 2 is, I will offer a short explanation. Essentially it is a futuristic massive multiplayer FPS with infantry, vehicle, and air combat. Three factions duke it out on three different continents that make up the planet. Now some of you may ask, "How big are we talking? Like Battlefield big?" I will say that battles can reach that size, and get bigger....much much bigger. Imagine 100 people duking it out in CQC in a tight area....yeah it's hectic. There are 6 classes: Light Assault (who has a jetpack), Combat Medic (duh), Engineer (repairs, ammo, and turrets), Heavy Assault (Anti-Vehicle with Rocket Launchers with solid AI capabilities), Infiltrator (Recon/Scout/Sniper who can turn invisible), and Max (The walking tank with a variety of different weapons and abilities).

Then you have three factions. The Terran Republic which is an authoritarian government with the ability to mass produce weaponry, they are also the group that led the discovery of the planet. This group focuses on filling the air with bullets and clip sizes. The New Conglomerate which is a group of rebels that have salvaged most of their material from mining gear and have corporation support. Their guns lack the clip size of the Terran Republic, but they make sure their bullets hurt you....alot. Finally, you have the Vanu Sovereignty which is a scientific cult that praises the alien technology found on the planet. They use plasma weapons and lasers with pinpoint accuracy and no bullet drop. These three factions fight it out in a free for all for land and resources.

Now that I have explained what exactly Planetside 2, allow me to get to the point of this thread. The game comes with a built in video game recorder, it may lack quality, but its free and that works for me. I was thinking about posting videos of my journey to become a passable (insert class/vehicle pilot here), and make my way up the food chain. Beyond my hard pressed journey to the top, I might include adventures with my outfit/friends. I'm not quite sure how to record audio from skype calls, so if you all could direct me to something free that could do that I may appreciate it. Perhaps it can record live commentary as well?

Now the moment of truth, who would enjoy that?

NEW CONGLOMERATE!

*ahem*

It sounds like a good idea. I played it a while ago but it was too much for my computer if played too long. I'll be rejoining once I get a new laptop, though. Would be cool to get a squad going.

That would be cool, I'm trying to get a video up to show people what it's like, but I'm having...many difficulties.

Just figured out why, apparently they updated their game to 64 bits, issue is their recorder doesn't handle the video images of that. Wonderful! Guess I'll have to get a 3rd-party recorder.

Back
Top Bottom