Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

DnD 3.5 Faerun game

Veinexes

Super-Earth
Hello, I am thinking of trying to run a 3.5 Faerun game that includes the BOEF (Book of Erotic Fantasy) as part of the game. This book adds a few new rules, classes, skills, etc that allow characters to have more of a repertoire to their sensual activities. I have quite a few other books at hand and do not know what others have at their disposal, so i am open to many different things from many sources (no homebrew).

The BOEF also adds another base stat bringing the total stats to 7. Str, Dex, Con, Wis, Int, Cha, and App (Apperance)

Anyways, the setting is Faeurn (Forgotten Realms) 3.5 edition, Statring level 3, 1000 gold, some backstory, And the starting town is Baldur's gate. thanks for your time in reading this.

What kind of tone are you looking for? Is the starting town kind of a rural area?

Baldur's Gate Info here

Easier to show than explain. But if the way I've seen it portrayed in games is true to it's lore, it's incredibly strict with people using magic in it's town. You usually need to purchase a license (which I believe is at a rather high price). A lot of the residents are rather ... pompous with a few shady ones here and there. But there is mainly a 'mightier than thou' sorta feel to Baldur's Gate.

As far as tone goes ... I'll let him answer that one since I'm not 100% sure what my spouse was thinking. But I decided to at least help by answering the question I did know for sure.

Thanks! I prefer major city-type settings (The Pathfinder game I am starting is set in one). Also, nice to see you. I think I sent you an RP request back when I first joined. I was already intrigued, but would love to RP with you and your husband.

By the way, I am a big fan of providing games for those who provide them, so if both or either of you are interested in a group pathfinder game, feel free.

.... Hm, I don't recall a request from you. Feel free to send another. I have two threads with the first one linked in the word 'Search' having another link to a thread that has non-fandom pairings listed.

Pathfinder's not too bad but the Drow and overall lore of Faerun got my attention first and foremost. I'll see about it though.

Since Vein got called into work on his free day off, I will include something he forgot to mention. But to help keep it more organized and since he is working, he's leaning towards probably using Skype or AIM for the campaign. Plus both do have dice-rolling functions so that wouldn't be an issue. But yeah he doesn't otherwise use the forums nearly as much as me and it'd be easier for him.

I will look it over again, and look forward to hearing if my pathfinder game appeals.

So, if he will be using AIM/Skype, does that mean he will want to do a regular meeting time or something like that? About how many players are you hoping for?

As regular as possible. His schedule shifts around and there hasn't yet been any day they always give him off. But that's also why I suggested it (yeah I kinda corrupted encouraged him to do that instead of the forums); to keep in touch with the players and make sure everyone was okay with the chosen days, etc since others here may - and probably do - work and such.

How many people do you already have signed up for your game though? Because ... wow. 10 pages on the interest check? o.o Seems like it should be a full group [especially since you were looking for 3-5 I think you said, yes?] so ... unless that's been omitted, not sure if I can join.

I'd guess the same amount you were, 3-5, but I'm not sure. That's another thing he'll have to answer when he returns.

Regular meeting times might be tough for me. I am on vacation right now, but I work 6 days a week in an inconvenient time zone (GMT+3).

I currently only have three players. Part of the reason the interest check is so long is that I foolishly did all of the character creation/planning and a lot of the coordination there instead of the OOC thread (which is only on page 2). The three characters I have are a human male sorcerer and two half-elf female bards (which are half-sisters). We had a fourth, but she disappeared just before we started. So if both of you joined we would be at 5, which is still within my original target size.

Thus far the characters are a lot of fun. No one went for overpowered concepts or blatant min-maxing, and I encouraged them not to worry about group composition. I'm really happy with how well all of the characters fit the setting and story concept, and definitely want to keep that going.

I started reading your request thread(s), and remember the bit about you trying out Final Fantasy VI, which remains my all-time favorite. I'll try not to derail the interest check too much, but if you'd like to chat more about pathfinder, your request thread, or Final Fantasy, I would be delighted to see a PM from you.

I'm not going to be runninthe game until the wife gets back from her vacation so if anyone is still interested there is still time ask any questions you have about it.

Back
Top Bottom