Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bulldogs! (closed)

Panoptipal

Moon
_
Hey. Update here. Looks like the list of interested persons was two to begin with and they're probably both iffy over flavour and/or content. The thread will still be open until the weekend but it's doubtful that a game will emerge. Thanks for your time.[/size]

Last update. Game closed due to lack of interest. thanks folks.[/size]

_______Someone showed me how to indent. I am now indenting things. Of this thing I am proud.

_______So I found Bulldogs! and read it. Now I want to learn it. Best way to do that is to get a game going. For better or worse, I'll volunteer to do the running. I've played and run my share of fate, just not Bulldogs. That leaves me with some hurdles.

_______One is rolling fudge dice online, not that I think it's important but it makes the game look more respectable. I'll look for a roller, I'd be happy to get a shortcut, apparently ( (4d3) - 8 ) is a quick way to do it, so we'll assume that's the ticket for now.

_______I'm pretty lame with forums and the internet, but I'm lamer with chat. So barring miraculous improvements in my ability to operate these systems, this'll be a forum based game.

_______I'm learning Bulldogs!, but I know FATE. If you're new to the first one that's fine. If you're new to the second... I'd think that one over. I had a heck of a time trying to "get" Fate, lots of people do, but I'm leaving that up to you. Judgment call.

_______For the uninitated (like me,) Bulldogs! is an action Space Adventure game that's closer to Western (firefly, star wars) than it is to Opera (mass effect, star wars) with a punchy style and a sense of humor.

_______Last thing I can think of is mentioning that I will be around, even though I don't have much of a posting history. Sorry about that. I end up doing a lot of things through PMs, people prefer them I guess. You don't know me, I don't know you, but the beauty of the internet is strangers come together based on their interests, their blood type and what their MMR rating is in DOTA 2: Rise of Srs Biznuss. But I do gotta ask anyone who's in on this to respect everyone else in the game like normal, keep an open mind as well as an open mouth and stay regular with your posting. There's nothing less endearing than leaving your co-stars hanging. Be popular, be regular, be a Toys R Us Kid, don't leave people hanging.

_______That's it.

_______Guess the rest of this thread is about pictures, enthusiasm about space bears who smoke cigars, brainstorming, questions and saying hello to other people interested in getting their geek on.

_______Now let's see who's around...

_______Mr. Igor, throw that switch!
__

RE: Bulldogs! (FATE, Interest, coordination)

I have experience with various instances of Fate, and I would be interested in this, but I don't have Bulldogs!

Well, there's not much out there by the look of things. The book (PDF) is ten bucks from the publisher and I grabbed it and wasn't disappointed. I think you could hunt around and find it for less, but a lot of it is the fate material you find in it isn't new.

Let's say we give this till next weekend or next Monday. I'll have a think. I meant to stick material of some kind up in the thread. Maybe summaries and things will be enough to bridge the gap.

And heck, might not be any interest right?

That is true, systems are not very popular around here. Either way, though, I'm up to giving it a try.

Huzzah!

I'm in for this one. As I mentioned in chat, I've played one Bulldogs! game, but it didn't last very long. However, I love the setting, so.

I do have an idea on how to handle dice. And character sheets. :D

Roll20.net is one definite way to go. Free to use, keeps most important things in one place. Referencing rolls is something that we'd have to work out, so we know who's rolled what for which encounter/challenge/contest, both here, and on the Roll20 site.

Yo Frosty.

(That's two.)

Should really get my indents back... Okay, I did a re-read today in the car. Most of what you'd call story and setting material can come in a page of bullet points. The example races and aspects for each are good, but not huge. Other than that there's nothing especially unique: Skills, Stunts, Stress Tracks.

Powers exist but there's nothing as involved as say... The Dresden Files magic system. I wouldn't worry. So far, my best summary is Firefly, with the alien cast of The Muppets and budget of upcoming Disney Star Wars films.

So if you're okay with "space adventures that kick ass" then we can definite bridge the gap.

Ah-urm forgot to mention Roll20.net and... yeah, not something I've used before but I can check that out too this week.

_______What's a Futuramer?

_______(Is Lying)

_______I imagine I didn't mention it because my plot bits so far sound rather a lot like it.

Stayin said:
...... Wh--..... What the bloody blue hell did I just read? O__o

Something that was three quarters english at best.

Next bump is, I guess, the setting summary for bad anime's benefit if he's still onboard.

Apologies for the extreme silliness. I was just in a hurry to post something before work, is all.

The background looks really cool, but since this is Blue Moon, I'm compelled to ask: how do you planning on handling adult situations?

BadAnime said:
The background looks really cool, but since this is Blue Moon, I'm compelled to ask: how do you planning on handling adult situations?

I hadn't really planned to make erotic sex the content of scenes. I guess if that's a major theme we've got for the interested players then it's gonna be in. Otherwise, sexual content is gonna be limited to crude humor, sleaze from certain teddy bear aliens and plots by robots to assassinate ship captains via sexual exhaustion.

Imagine that answer'll make me just super popular...

I personally don't mind some non-sexual RP, but yeah, that might make it a harder sell on this forum.

Meh. I don't think there's the audience anyhow.

I could run a Pathfinder game or something else. My old plan for this falling through was to do a non-system group game but sans system I don't quite know how to keep it on track. Structure is good. We'll see how support is for a more mainstream system game of something.

Ah well. Sorry to disappoint.

Back
Top Bottom