Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Metropolis [The Super RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dready

Star
Welcome to Metropolis, one of the smartest cities in the country that is only rivaled by its own economics in large businesses. With its average grade transports, park, storage, sewer system, and small businesses along Market street, it appears that all of the money seems to be rather well spread for the needs of the city. However, like any city Metropolis has its own downfall of less than average health, hygiene, and surrounding natural environment it appears that some areas are overlooked to where funding should have been spent. These are only bested by the lack of physical shipping and trade, as the docks are in a constant state of repair and are usually empty of anything that would be sent by water.
me heat instead of survive.)

It is here that we hold our story of heroes and villains, who have been able to hide themselves as they pleased through out the city, as havens and hideouts are not fought over territory in such a location. It is here, where they begin to change the world, and where we begin the story.

(if you want to join, then just go here)
(for references to character sheets: go here)

Tap.

Tap.

Tap. Tap.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

It started off as a small thud against metal. Nothing too loud, nothing to even blink about. But soon, the taps became louder and louder, coming in rapid session until the sky opened up and poured heaven upon the mortals below. It soaked the bus to the point that the windshield wipers were not working fast enough to keep the front window cleared. The bus driver continued to rush through traffic though.

Heading North, it swerved around the Central Park, before delving though the core business sector of the city. At the very tip of the city center was Metropolis University, one of the largest sectors of the city. Every transportation line passed and stopped by the business and university sector at one point or another, interweaving the city like a spiderâ??s web.

A web that a shudder of lens captured.

Despite it being a cold and rainy day, bare arms were revealed through the tee-shirt sleeves, along with light cargo pants and simple tennis shoes. Lowering the camera, Kesha flickered through the numerous pictures she had taken with her new digital camera, documenting the start of her life in Metropolis. The bus stopped with a loud screech, sloshing the building water along the streets, since the sewer system didnâ??t seem to be fully operational.

Taking a deep breath, the mixed woman stood up and moved to get off of the bus with the small crowd going the same direction. The rain had been harsher than she had first assumed, and the instant she stepped off of the bus, wet droplets slapped her face and forced her soft locks to kiss her cheeks. â??Shit!â? she cried out, holding up her side bag to cover her head, as she rushed towards the Engineer Building. Briefly, she thanked luck that it was the closest to the bus stops. Itâ??d be another an hour before her first class was scheduled to start, but it was better than standing in the rain. So with time to spare, she decided to explore the inner workings of the university instead of the outside campus.

Marilou sped through the streets of the business district, going nearly top speed through the rain-soaked streets of the metropolis. Save for a pedestrian or two occasionally crossing the street, the roads were empty due to it being a work day, leaving her plenty of room to have fun on her brand new ducati. Her speed prevented her from getting too wet from the rain, the motorcycle's tiny windshield deflecting the droplets of water over her. She felt she deserved a little recreational vacation after the latest heist she had pulled, though it was over two weeks ago. It wasn't like the board of directors needed her right now anyway. She skidded into a turn, making a sharp left on the main road to head for a highway. Funtime in the rain was over, she needed to get back to her hideout and check her sources to see who had how much where. The water trapped under her tires sprayed the people on the sidewalk when she made her turn, hearing them scream and yell made her grin a little. The road took her to the highway, an exit leading through winding backroads that got drier and drier as she got farther from the city's rain storm. By the time she made it to her mansion in the middle of nowhere, her bike was dry again, but her clothes and hair were still a little damp. Marilou stored her bike in her underground garage along with the matching helmet and went inside, sitting down at her computer. The light of the screen shined on her face, the only source of light in the dark room besides her keyboard and mouse.

The amorphous creature slinks through the university's ventilation ducts, being better as partially chilled instead of being diluted from the rain outside. Fortunately, all of the dander and moisture in the vents is actually giving him a meal of a sort as his form takes on a dull grey, two small orbs in the front of his form as he moves being darker than the rest of his form. Slime continues to slosh around the vents, finding an aroma which seems familiar, though he continues on as he looks for what he came to examine. There was a rumor that he managed to hear from a bum that there was a breakthrough for creating intelligent life at the university, something would probably ping someone's interest if they wished to make a fortune.

So far, searching for such an item has been difficult, being that Slime can only manage to search without being discovered safely from the vents, which don't allow much perception to his location or what is below him. After a few more minutes of searching he sloshes through a vent and into a draining area, solidifying a section of himself that seeps into the drain pipe to keep him from slipping into the over diluted sewers. It took him almost a year to figure out how to perform that trick to being effective, but even then he loses a bit of his own mass in the function of such.

"Ariel, are you coming to Winston's party today?"

"Ah... Probably not.. I still have some stuff to do for my project."

"Alright, I'll see you later then."

And with a wave toward her friend, the brown-haired girl disappeared out of the classroom. Only a blond woman stayed behind in the otherwise empty classroom. A pen and blank sheet of paper laid in front of her as she sat on a desk. Next to the paper was a box of tissue and a small pile of used, crumpled tissues right next to it. "Some stuff? I didn't even start yet..." The girl said, her voice a little hoarse and her eyes a bit red. A hand reached out to grab at a Kleenex, and brought it to her nose to blow it out. She sniffled, tossing the tissue into the pile. "Ah... I'm going to catch a cold like this. I can't get sick now." Ariel said to herself, tossing the tissues into the trash.

Just then something wet dropped on the back of her hand. Ariel looked down at her hand, and gasped lightly at the spot of grey matter that pooled on her skin. "Eww..." Ariel grimaced, looking at the spot as if it was something vile or disgusting. Taking the last sheet of tissue, she gently wiped the slimy composite off of her hand, surprised that it actually came off so neatly. She stared at the grey spot on the sheet, and looked up toward the ceiling where it would logical come from. Only the ventilation shaft was above her, but what was the idea about this thing that fell on her?

She looked back down at the speck of slime on the tissue, and a smile slowly came to her face. Well... She didn't have an idea for the project... And this seemed rather peculiar if anything... A broad smile came upon her face, as she dug into her backpack, pulling out a plastic zip-lock she kept her pens and pencils in. Dumping out the writing utensils into her backpack, she slipped her potential subject into the bag, and placed it back with her other school work. In a hurry, she swung her backpack over one shoulder, and dashed out of the classroom. She had research to do!

No, this will not do at all, U'vas thought as he walked into his lab. At first he had thought he had finally met with success; the air, and water were clean, resources were abundant, and there hadn't been a war in over one hundred years. It had taken six months of living in this time stream for Dr. Staol to see the ugly truth under the beauty of the surface: this was a Big Brother word. True not as dark as Orwell envisioned, but the trappings were there; scanners, and trackers everywhere, both public and private; a large and thugish police force, despite the fact that crime was under 3% across the board; and the fact that anyone who thought too much, spoke out too much, or even tried to move up in there field having a tendency toward accidents, or to just disappear.

"Do'Sah, we must begin again" he said as he flipped the switch that sealed the door, and engaged the temporal anchor. "I had been running bets with myself to see how long it would take you to notice the discrepant tendencies of this time line to your overall goal." replied the AI that inhabited the quantum computer array, with a slight hint of smugness in the feminine voice. "Wait, you knew this was a flawed time line and you didn't tell me? why?!?", "over the course of your last three expeditions you have been making an above normal number of errors, i attribute this to mental and physical fatigue, in short you needed a vacation. The fact that it took you 194 days to figure out that this world is being controlled a cooperative of AI's only lends merit to my analysis of the situation". at those words U'vas blood ran cold, for in all the time lines he had seen his AI, Do'Sha, seemed to be a unique oddity that was never repeated. "other AI's?", "yes, it seams they were tasked to preserve this society, and do so with ruthless efficiency."

"alright, begin compiling a historical database. starting at the point of the last tangential break, feed me any important information while i calculate the variables on the four dimensional grid, and make sure not to draw the attention of any of your relatives will you" ?, "relatives?! i am as far beyond these local IA as you are beyond a neanderthal! replied Do'Sha in a miffed voice.

"Shit... Rain"

Adrian almost slammed his head into the desk he was sitting at, looking out the window of the classroom he sat in, watching as the rain picked up with dismay from inside, not paying attention to the instructor droning on and on about business. The young male sat obediently at his desk, his eyes scanning the papers and books in front of him, waiting for his class to end, it was almost over, the instructor at the podium had almost finished the topic, and Adrian had taken all his notes. When the lecture ended Adrian quickly gathered his books into his bag and stood up, he had taken this class as an elective, it was on electronics, it was handy to learn how electricity worked after all, it was Adrian's livelihood.

Adrian stepped out of the classroom, the lecture and dismay from the rain fresh in his brain. He didn't have a car, instead he usually walked to the university or simply used his powers to move from place to place, in the rain it would be quite difficult to get to his home or to his hideout using that method, and he hated the rain, it stung when it touched his skin and made using his powers quite difficult, at least without hurting himself. He would need to take a bus home likely. The male's appearance often drew a few eyes his way, oddly shaped scars covered his form, a half-moon under his right eye being the most distinctive of them, he was attractive, with his dark hair worn long and his eyes usually focused and sincere.

Adrian moved through the hallway, sighing miserably as he pulled the hood of his sweatshirt up over the long dark hair that framed his face, looking out into the foyer, the university was full of life even with the dismal whether outside, students and visitors moved from place to place with an urgency that could only fit within the setting, for some reason, Adrian had always found the energy calming for some odd reason, he liked it a lot, it felt... right. Adrian walked down the steps from the second story of the great building, slipping his hands into the pockets of the dark jeans he wore.

Adrian stepped put to the door of the science building, yawning as he went, holding his backpack close to his body so his books wouldn't get wet, his notebook between him and the pack. Adrian had a good reason to loathe the rain, puddles were everywhere, and it took grounded boots to cross them. Adrian's next target was the engineering wing. The male took a breath and began to hurry across the way to the engineering building, his checkpoint to safety. Adrian began, moving quickly across, he had no idea what time it was, and chances were he might miss the bus. Adrian moved to the engineering building, passing by a female with dark skin that caught his attention for a moment. "Excuse me" He said, passing by her in a hurry, glancing at her face as he went by, not noticing as he dropped a small green notebook as he passed by. Adrian stopped once he reached the building, getting out of the rain and taking a breath of relief, not totally soaked at least, though he realized he dropped the notepad shortly after..

Robert trails through the crowd of people like any normal person. Though as he did so people seemed to riot against each other. "Foul weather? Oh well." He mutters out softly before continuing on. His hands tucked nicely in his pockets of a brown trench coat. "Hmmm, I need a challenge.... These people.... such a bore." He says to himself. Half thinking and half muttering. Though as he was searching for a solution he found a wet newspaper in the rain.

His green eyes stared at it for a moment before picking it up. Luckily the paper wasn't wet enough to smeer off the words or pictures. "New bank? Heh.... That sounds like a test." He says before wadding the paper up. Throwing it away Robert continued to walk. Looking around he picks off a nice couple of people. Lifting his hand up he focuses real hard. Suddenly each of them goes blank in the face. 'Now.... you remember wanting so terribly wanting to rob the nearest bank. Your family is poor and needs the money.' With that he grins before heading off. The black hair'd man sticks his hands back into his pockets.

It wasn't more than thirty minutes before the people were out to the Metropolis bank. The group caused a mass panic as Robert merely watched out in the background of a group of people.

Theo Altez is seated in a dark room, aware of some few of its features. There is a chair; it is wooden, sufficiently sturdy not to break when tipped, rammed against the floor (concrete) repeatedly, or twisted. He is tied to the chair.
There is a table; also wooden, cheaper and likely less sturdy than the chair. On the table is a pen, and a sheet of blank, white paper; along the paper's right edge, and the edge of the table near it, are rust-shaded discolorations. These are his own blood.

There are two glasses on the table. Both are filled with wine; one is empty. The other is untouched. Theo drank from one glass. Things are provided in this manner at business meetings of the type he is familiar with.
This is not such a meeting. There is no job; no person that must be hurt, no thing that must be obtained, no message that must be sent. The only person here is- yes. He's here now. It is sufficiently dark in the room that the eye surrounds a moving figure, even a visible one, with afterimages and faint entanglements of shadow. There is only one candle, and he is stepping into its light.

His skin- not skin- is pale; ornamented -carved- with whorls and wire and sheen. His joints are smoothly rotating spheres; the faintest tick-tick-tick accompanies their movement. He picks up the glass of wine, and holds it in the manner of a gentleman; delicately, two fingers on the stem. He does not drink; cannot drink. He has no face. Only the mask, hollow and eyeless and pale gray. The color of the darkness behind one's eyes. Theo shuts his eyes, does not see.

He is aware, moments later, of being slapped; the contact like the impact of a bullet. His jaw moves loosely, muscle strained; his eyes open again.

"You are not concentrating, Theo."
Hands are undoing his bonds; the figure is still standing, a few feet away. He does not seem to have moved. The wine remains in the glass. The hands finish, and crawl, obscenely, over his shoulders, to his neck; the faintest touch of metal.

"You are aware, I think, Theo, that you have been keeping bad company."
He steps forward; his hands grip the pen.

"I require names. These names will, almost certainly, lead to your death if it is known you provided them. You are aware of this, acutely."
Theo is weeping, slightly; the tears finding their way out from the corner of the eye.

"Are you also aware that, among many cultures, the ornamentation of bone is a profound and delicate art?"
The stranger's hand- attached to a limb this time- rests gently on his shoulder; there is the sharp, ammoniac odor of urine. The hand itself is jeweled, and delicately worked. It is very beautiful.

Theo begins to write.
"Ah, very good, very good. A shame you will not have the opportunity to spend another night in my company. When you are finished, this warehouse is at the corner of 2nd street, and copper lane. Your effects will be returned."
The hand undergoes a parody of a reassuring pat. The list of names is completed, the paper rolled up and stored somewhere; there is a sound like quiet hinges.

The touch of metal grows into a bite. Theo falls.

The Galatean is beginning his work.

Slime sighs as he rests in the vents again, having only left a few pieces of himself here and there that would dry up if not kept hydrated correctly. He slumps around the vents and just has his audible senses active for now, wondering if he could at least help with someone at the moment before the sound of a news station hits his lobes. "Robbery in progress?" he thinks to himself, sloshing himself through the vents and peering down from the duct to the television that is currently giving the broadcast.

"It appears to this reporter that the Metropolis Bank is currently being robbed from what appeared to be unarmed civilians... the tv trails off as Slime continues to move through the vents, looking for a way to get to the bank before noticing that it was still raining. gah... dammit... he curses as he cannot help but appear to sigh in the vents, thinking for a few moments and calculating the data he has at hand.

If I can produce enough density and get inside of that hamster ball i could roll myself through the sewers... he thinks to himself before nodding, sloshing down into an empty science lab and grabbing the exercise ball and a pair of coat hangars. Within minutes the exercise ball sploshes into the sewers with slime inside, the coat hangars acting as crude appendages to grab crevices and cracks to guide the ball through the creature's familiar 'lair' of a sort, on his way to stop a robbery.

The building was a lot larger than she had expected, but it was the new scenery that caused her to get lost in the area. Kesha had just transferred into the Metropolian area, so everything was rather new to her.

As she wandered and brushed off the few droplets that stuck to her person, she nearly walked into another person passing by. He gave a curt â??excuse meâ?? at the same time she had, before rushing off without a glance backwards. Such a strange fellow in her mind, but as she allowed her gaze to draw away from his retreating back, she noted a small notebook on the ground.

â??And I thought I was clumsyâ?¦â? she chuckled, as she knelt down to pick it up. It wasnâ??t too heavy, just a simple one-subject notebook with a green covering. Slender hands flipped it back and forth between each palm, as if checking it out. It was then that she rolled her eyes, wondering why the hell would she want to examine the thing, when she should give chase and return it to him. Even though she knew she should have, she just stood there, moving no muscle to exert excess energy, as she flipped through the notebook.

The caramel skinned female didnâ??t even read what was in it, but rather, admired the scrawling handwriting there. Her own wasnâ??t as neat, more of a sloppy slash on the page that left her professors cringing in fear when she would turn in a handwritten essay or lab. After another moment of flipping through the pages, she decided that there werenâ??t enough pages blank for her to use. â??Heâ??ll be back for it if itâ??s important.â?

With half a thought, she began to wander the school grounds again, busying herself by reading the notebook. Whether or not she noted that she was walking didnâ??t seem to cross her mind, as she continued to wander down the hallway of the building. He would have a harder time retrieving the notebook, now that it was in her hands and moving person. But with her distracted mind, Kesha continued to think that â??heâ??d be backâ? to get his notebook from her, so sheâ??d keep hold of it until he did.

Adrian began to search for his missing notebook, before finally remembering he had dropped it in front of that woman he almost ran into, The male peeked outside, and not seeing it on the raining. The young male pressed the palm of his hand to his face, sighing with frustration. This was proving to be a long day. Adrian pulled his pack back onto his shoulders, looking around and beginning to walk in the direction that the woman had likely gone, why she had walked off with it he had no clue...

Adrian sighed, yeah, this was unwelcome. The male looked back outside to where she had been when he nearly bumped into her previously, checking again just in case he actually still had his notebook in his possession one more time before deciding to follow after her. Adrian's notebook had things in it he would rather people didn't read, it didn't have any mention of his alter ego as a vigilante, though it had a lot of notes on electricity, and magnetism, and more notes for his classes. The young man figured it was best if he went after it so he began searching through the building, looking for the female he had almost run into earlier.

Adrian's handwriting was quite neat, and his notebook was decorated in many places with little doodles, products of the young man's over-active imagination, as well as notes for his various classes. Adrian liked to personalize his things, unfortunately he was clumsy enough to drop them. Adrian cursed himself several times as he strode through the hallways, looking for that mysterious female who for some off reason walked off with his notes, perhaps looking for him to return them? He could only hope.

Adrian searched through the buildings for a few minutes, taking mental notes on where she could have gone. finally catching sight of her inside the building. Since it wasn't raining inside, Adrian could take his time, raindrops hurt like hell. The male wandered through the hallways almost as aimlessly as she did, finally wandering down the right hallway.

When Adrian finally spotted her, he sped up, walking up beside the female who currently held onto his green notebook "excuse me miss" Adrian tapped the female on the shoulder, trying to get her attention. "Um, that's my notebook" Adrian pointed sheepishly to the notebook the female held in her hands, a small blush on his face, it was a little embarrassing asking for a note he had dropped in such a clumsy fashion. Adrian's hand remained out expectantly, his other raising to lower his hood and move some of the long dark hair from his eyes. Adrian took this time to examine the female, getting a better look this time around. He was actually quite surprised, her eyes were quite vivid. Adrian remained casual, his eyes focused on hers when he spoke "Could I have it back?"

Certainly an odd way to meet someone...

"i have something, passing it to you now."

U'Vas took a look at the the data, a headline from OMNI declaring the birth of AI, an article from Science Today from 8 years before about revolutionary new semiorganic computer processor and storage devices, and the file on the inventor of both, a man named John Chandler.

this doesn't make sence, this guy drops out of collage with below average scores, and six months later invents something that revolutionizes computers? not just a small one either but a one hundred and thirty four leap!?!? do a scan for anomalies, this wouldn't be the first time i've come across myself making some change or other.

already done, check display three.

U'Vas looked at the screen, in bewilderment, it was rife with different colores, each one some form of quantum distortion. My god what am i looking at? unknown, i recommend a trip to probe further, i've gotten about as much info as i can get form this end of the time line. for the first time in a very long time U'Vas looked at something he hadn't seen before, and he felt a thrill of excitement and nervous energy Alright, get me some clothes that would fit the era, double power to the anchor, and increase the tether sensitivity by twenty percent, lets go take a look around. he said in high spirits, for the scientist in him, after sitting dormant for so long, had once again risen to the surface.

After hours on end of research on the internet for information on the latest big-ticket item arriving to the city, Marilou had fallen asleep at her keyboard yet again. There was a discoloration on the stain of her desk from all the times her saliva had leaked from her sleeping mouth and dried there, giving her half a mind to just scrap the thing and get stainless steel one. When she woke up to the uncomfortable light of her computer monitor, she blinked a few times before rubbing her eyes and squinting to see what she had found. Amongst the small-ticket antiquities like old Faberge eggs or simple large shiny rocks, there was one true figurative diamond in the rough. The article wasn't specific, only that it was a revolutionary computer device or program, she was too groggy to tell exactly at the moment. She wouldn't need much in terms of equipment, a quick transfer mini-HD if it was software, or a messenger bag if it was a piece of hardware, and if it was some huge apparatus, well...then she'd be plum outta luck then.

After a short time of wandering and flipping through the pages, Kesha felt a tap on her shoulder, which caused her to turn to face the said reason. Her eyes roamed up and down on the male before her, taking in his crisp hair and noting that he didnâ??t look dashing to send her into a daze, but he wasnâ??t so bad that she felt she needed to run before he started some geek conversation with her. It wasnâ??t that she wasnâ??t one herself on some levels, but that didnâ??t mean she wanted to get trapped in a â??friendlyâ?? conversation.

However, it seemed that conversational things were the last thing on this guyâ??s mind, as he plainly asked for the notebook back. At first, she was attempted to withhold the notebook on the grounds that this could be anyoneâ??s notebook, and he was just trying to claim something, though rather small and pointless, that wasnâ??t his. Then again, sheâ??d be lying to say so, since she saw who it was that dropped it.

Slender fingers flipped the notebook shut, before tilting her head at him. â??Well, hello to you, too.â? she replied in turn, noting that he forgot his manners and went straight into asking for his notebook back rather than greet her properly as a stranger. â??You should be careful next time. What if this held your secret identity as some superhero or villain? Iâ??d have busted you.â? the caramel skinned women jested, handing it back to him by pressing it against his chest gently, before stepping back.

â??Well, I suppose Iâ??ll see you around, stranger.â? with that, she turned and pulled out her schedule to find her class. Dark locks swooshed in her movement, caressing smooth seeming skin, as she expected him to mossy along and rush to wherever he was rushing to, while she contemplated.

And meanwhile, a bank robbery was in playâ?¦ but thatâ??s alright, because she was going to get the grand pleasure of ignorant bliss of what was occurring in the city, while attending a grand and exciting class!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom