Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Non-Con: The Fascination with Rape RP.

Rave

Star
Now, any subject with the title of Rape in it bound to be controversial, but this thread comes out of increasing curiosity after spending a long time on forums such as BMR and others.

In anything outside of RP, Rape is as hated of an action and subject as they come. Many men and women will probably tell you there is nothing more disgusting and evil in the world. Yet, as I spend more and more time on RP forums I begin to notice the heavy demand for Roleplays that are extremely Non-Con centric, with a good percent of them asking for a Roleplay with nothing but pure rape. I've also noticed (And this is from my own personal experience) that most of the demand for such Roleplays is generally generated by the female members.

Now, this is important to note: I am not shaming people who enjoy non-con, or Rape roleplays. There are equally 'Taboo' things that happen on these forums, and that's fine because the forums are venues for such things to take place. I also know that to others, a Rape RP isn't as bad as say...Incest, or some other Roleplays that would be considered Taboo or Extreme. The difference to me, is that despite 'Incest' or 'Furry' or what have you being Taboo or Extreme, they're still consensual (Unless one turns it into a Non-Con RP).

Therefore, I raise the curious question to any woman who enjoys Non-Con and/or Rape RP. What makes it appealing to you? I've longed to know why many of my female friends, as well as the general population of Bluemoon find it intriguing. Especially since it's such a sensitive subject with many men and women. It's a subject that I personally was never comfortable writing, and I'm genuinely curious about the thoughts of others regarding this topic.

V

Vic Rattlehead

I'll take a shot at this while I'm no means an expert (I should of just stopped right there). Rape has nothing to do with sex, but instead dominating someone and breaking their will. So in theory at least, its the ultimate use of domination that a person (keyword here) can put someone else through. I'm not apart of the BDSM lifestyle so bear with me, but I'm pretty sure at all times theres a constant state of consent between the two. So to conclude my theory, I think submissive have rape fantasies because of how extreme rape is compared to just normal BDSM sex (or at least as normal as BDSM gets anyway).

PsionicCuttlefish

Supernova
This is a strong phenomena I've noticed myself, and from time to time, I too am puzzled by it. At least, until I remember what I think I've already figured out regarding the topic, and that it can go both ways. Note that this is all purely my own personal opinion and thoughts on the matter, and should not be taken as universal truth.

I myself identify as a preferably sub straight male (though I've become more switch due to, as noted, the aforementioned overwhelming requests by females for domination), and I do enjoy the fantasy of a pushy, assertive woman having her way with me, and even a scenario of outright "rape" I also find enjoyable. When I thought about why -I- enjoy this sort of thing, I felt that I have a good idea for why others like it, too.

To me, it comes down to two main principles. The first is that despite wanting to "be raped", whether it be in a forum RP or in an RL fantasy, it must be clearly and absolutely understood that it is not actually rape, which as also noted, everyone agrees is utterly disgusting in real life. While fairly obvious and self-evident, the important thing is that all such fantasies are consensual, because both partners are choosing of their own will to continue responding to their RP (and in the case of an in-person/real-life domination/rape scenario, the "sub" always has the option of ending everything immediately with a safeword). At no point is genuine coercion involved. Simply knowing deep down, however extensive the fantasy is, that they can at any time choose to stop responding to the RP or say the safeword is what makes all the difference, and lets the "sub" feel safe in allowing it to "happen" to them. This can explain why people feel okay with performing/acting out such a scenario, but why would someone be attracted to it in the first place?

For that, the second main principle I've come up with is simply thinking about the domination/submission dynamic in different terms. Instead of thinking of it as one "exercising control" and the other "being controlled", I think of it as "giving an experience", and recieving an experience". For an analogy, imagine recieving a massage from your significant other. You can allow yourself to relax, and let your patner to "take over", making the decisions of how exactly they will massage you and where. You are not "in control"--though you could stop it at any time if you wished--yet you can simply allow yourself to enjoy the sensations and feelings your partner is giving you. In addition, giving a massage can be gratifying in its own right. Simply take this situation and make it much, much more intense, and you arrive in the ballpark of most BDSM relationships, even ones where the sub "fights back" before being "overpowered" and "forced to submit", or even where the sub "serves" the dom's pleasure.

This still doesn't stop me from being occasionally puzzled/intrigued by certain requests, like mentioned above where I occasionally see a request by a female that is very specific that they want to play a character that is made to give pleasure to the master/dom character while the master/dom does not reciprocate, viewing the sub character as only something to be used for themselves. But if I sit and think about it hard enough, I can usually find a way to bend and twist those two main principles in a way that they apply and explain.

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Rape as fantasy generally involves some measure of:
- a desire to be desired (by the 'victim')
- a frustration with rules / fascination with taboos (including your own)

There is an actual fetish for beating/getting beaten, and another where a woman will try to goad her partner into 'raping' her without making it clear that is actually what she wants. Personally I find these both very dangerous (medical literature certainly considers the former one to be).

It's important not to confuse rape fantasy concepts with D/s concepts. They are very much separate, and can lead you down the wrong path if you try to tie them together. They have some common kinks that come into play, but that's about it.

Rave

Star
You all make really excellent points. Cuttle especially made me try and look at this a different way.

However, in response to all this and some of the points highlighted by Cuttlefish I'm still left pondering. I can understand the desire for the 'experience' of Rape while having absolute control. To be able to simply stop it, and move on whenever you desire to. That doesn't, however, justify the fact that Rape itself is a dangerous and non-consensual act despite it being played out as a game. In reality, Rape is so separate and much more dangerous (As Vesekid said) than other taboos because in its core, there is a person who is refusing sexual advances and getting...well, raped. I find it a little dangerous, maybe inappropriate, to use actual outright rape as an RP building material. I don't speak for anyone, but I do feel like you can get your desire for domination fulfilled with a different method and without having to resort to such a dark fantasy.

As Vesekid was saying, the big difference between a Dom/Sub relationship and outright rape is that the Sub mentioned have fully recognized what is going on, and willingly decided to become a Sub for a Dom man/woman. They already know he/she might not reciprocate feelings of affection or love, or that they might be beaten or hurt in extreme cases. BUT. They -CHOOSE- to do this. They willingly offer themselves for these pleasures, and that's the line Rape RP crosses.

Now, if this was a small minority of people with 'Rape' being a Fetish, like snuff or gore, or anything so extreme that's usually a minority RP method I would think differently. Yet its an -overwhelming- amount of women, who ask for Rape. In fact, I can point out threads right now on several forums that are dedicated to nothing BUT Rape fantasy and Rape RP. The Oxi-Moron here, is that there is an equally overwhelming majority of men and women who are truly disgusted by Rape in reality.

This is what I have trouble understanding. To be so ashamed, and filled with hatred towards Rape (And rightly so) as a barbaric and disgusting act, then turn right around and create threads where that's all you ask for.

It's really puzzling, and I'm really hoping to hear more opinions.

Ms_Muffintops

Supernova
I've always wondered about this myself. Personally, my best guess is that it's a fetish on it's own that perhaps should be reworded? I have a friend who has a rape fetish and likes for her and her partner to do such things and no offense to her, it just seems like extreme dominance + degradation & humiliation... but not necessarily rape.

Ivory11

Star
this is a good thread, and something I can relate to.

I have honestly been pressured into doing rape based RPs and often female partners of mine will say it's not non-con then as soon as a sex-scene happens, they try and force it to be a rape scene. Personally, I'm not interested in it, I have no interest whatsoever in playing as a rapist (don't get me wrong, i'm the most anti-PC anti-feminist guy out there) and honestly I'm sick of always being pressured into doing rape roleplays, and every single time I get a message from a female roleplayer without me sending one to her first, they always ask for the same thing "rape me" "play as a monster and rape me" they try to dress it up with some paper thin excuse for a "plot" but it's always the same thing "rape me"

I don't understand the appeal to it and I don't want to, and honestly it makes me worried when I look on the female requests and its the same damn thing for every single request.

still, at least here it's not as bad as Houseeros, where you can look through 100 pages of female requests and you will never find one that doesn't have the request to rape her character.

V

Vic Rattlehead

To a certain extent I can understand rape fantasy, involving a good looking rapist (is there even such a thing?) that desires the victim so badly and the rape is pleasurable (oxymoron of the century). However, I don't understand when the rapist is ugly and the experience is either painful or the victim gets no pleasure out of it.

Trygon

Supernova
Speaking strictly biologically, rape is arousing. If it wasn't, it wouldn't work, and the grand majority of humanity's early members wouldn't have been conceived.

Rape as a bad thing is a moral standard that our bodies completely disagree with - Even a violent and invasive conception is better than none, if you ask your reproductive system.

ChibiKoala13

Meteorite
(Note: I debated heavily before posting this. I'm still new here, so if this gets too deep, I apologize.)

I am speaking from and IRL submissive point-of-view. I am not a naturally submissive person, but my current partner led me into the role, and I now willingly accept it.

I've always had a rape fetish. For me, however, it isn't about the physical pleasures it can bring. It's more about the total loss of control of what's happening to my body. Normally I have to be in control of everything around me, but being able to let go and put the power in someone else's hands brings a certain... Stress relief, so to speak. For once, I don't have to be in control.

This being said, the only experiences (fortunately) I've had with it have been with one trusted partner and through RPing. If it were to happen beyond that, well, I'm not sure that I would ever be okay with it. I have experience sexual assault in my lifetime, and the feelings I got from it are vastly different than the "rape play" sessions I have with my Dominant.

I think that a lot of women romanticize the idea of being a victim, thus bringing on the dozens of requests for rape RPs. Some of them might be like me, and desire an escape of sorts.

And, honestly, I hope that the women here who beg to be raped via RP don't truly wish for it to happen. I don't even like using the word "rape", personally. The way I see it, it is simply a fantasy that people use role playing to live out. For example, I love me some tentacle hentai. Would I ever want that to happen to me? No.

Sorry that this was so wordy. I do hope that I've made sense though. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Thaedael

Star
Greetings fellow blue moon representatives.
I want to start off by saying that I am not a woman, and that my viewpoints are purely subjective to myself. One thing I have noticed on a separate forum is that Non-Con can also be used as an excuse to be lazy. This is not to say I don't appreciate it as some people's fetishes, or that there is trust involved between two people rping and that they want to have the illusion of power being taken away from them. I understand all this, acknowledge it, and will say that I myself have fetishes and kinks that are also considered to be inappropriate by social standards. What I wanted to bring to this discussion is the experiences I had with the majority of erotic roleplays that center around Non-Con, and the experience has been a mostly negative one. On the previous forum, I tended to cater to people that were not as willing to write or advance a plot, and wanted cheap thrills to get off to without the effort. The majority of the smut revolved around characters sighing, and closing their eyes and the like, playing generic mary sues. I haven't had a chance to try any here yet, but I feel like I wouldn't. Regardless just wanted to say that there is potential for those to use it as a mean to enjoy a plot without having to plan it out as much.

Morlock

Banned
Banished
I'm not female either however I don't think one has to be to try and understand the appeal of rape and non con role plays.

From a strictly RP perspective, these themes (as with other dark themes) contain all the qualties that can make for a great story - Dominance, Aggression, Sex, Shame, Strong Emotions, Trauma etc. How two people wish to explore the theme is up to them and can be taken in various different directions according to their own tastes and what they want to do with their characters and what they want from their RP.

It also brings out the base instincts and stereotypes in Men and Women, the woman being the supple innocent and defenceless damsel that brings out the beast in the man until he can no longer contain himself and must have her at all costs. Again what happens within that dynamic is up to the two players.

You will find in a lot of romance stories where rape occurs the woman ends up falling for her rapist and vice versa, so we have an act of contrition in that as well, the classic Beauty and the Beast scenario playing out, the woman changes the man for the better, another stereotype.

On my last note, in the past Rape Fantasies were explained as a way for a woman to enjoy sex without being responsible for it, this was back when women were sexually repressed and were considered whores if they had sex with anyone other than their husbands, I am not sure if that really makes a whole lot of sense given that the woman would still feel shame and if anyone found out she would in most cases be held responsible for the rape anyway. But I thought I would mention the theory as it seems to be relevant to this discussion.

Your Eternal Reward

Super-Earth
It's based off of a psychological phenomenon called the Agentic Theory.
I could get into the details, but in short, it's essentially the concept of people enjoying the freedom brought on by not having to bear the consequences of your own actions.
People do this in relation to alcohol all the time, claiming that they were "too drunk to know any better", even if they weren't.
Thousands of Nazi soldiers tried for crimes against humanity claimed they were "simply following orders".

As a species, most of us are so readily willing to give ourselves to others just to experience the bliss of not having to think about one's actions, not having to care, that fantasies of being completely overwhelmed become commonplace. This is the psychological origin of the rape fantasy. Of course, the reason we avoid it in the real world is because it does have consequences, not present but future. Everything from the fear to the stigma to the possible pregnancy guides us away from wanting genuine rape, which is why we're willing to enact such fantasies, even in the real world, so long as we trust that we won't have to deal with those consequences afterwards.

KuraTenshi

Planetoid
Scuse me as I probably reiterate everything that has been said so for.

If you cannot tell, yes, I am a woman. And I am surprised that only one other had the willingness to write. However, I agree with what Chibi has said, but I will expand with personal experience and my own thoughts.

For a /very/ long time I have been into being a submissive, and have done roleplays that I was a pet, toy, or object. There are other roleplays where there was rape, seduction, and statutory rape. I have been raped. I have been sexually abused. Plain and simple. The funny thing is, I can't exactly remember which came first, the want for the 'dark' roleplays, or if I was in fact, raped first.

I know I was raped, but I can't figure out when. I still have nightmares, and I get to the points where I get physically sick. I also remember I had a lot of rape fantasies, or pressured sex, etc. Whenever I involved myself in a roleplay each post played out in my head like a movie, and honestly, was enough for me to masturbate to. However, sometimes when I did close my eyes and imagine, I would have flashbacks of the actual rape incident and that would kill my mood. It usually ended up with me crying or getting sick.

The content of the petplay and rape fantasies were usually targetted. At a shamefully young age around 14, maybe a bit younger or older, I would involve myself in roleplays on lu.scio.us (which I believe is no longer up). Most roleplays involved me being a pet by a character of my choice, ie. Sephiroth. I was either found off the streets and raped, sold in a human pet shop, or taken through war or some plot similar to that. I usually acted like a pet or toy like using a leash and collar, bondage, animal ears or tail, eating from a dish, and the likes. Overall it was self-degradation and submission. A way of completely obeying the master's words and whims.

Then things went a bit too far.

I would privately chat with some people and then always imagined it was happening. I would dress up like I would have been in the roleplay, and touched or hit myself as if it was happening. That's where I later got into trouble. Being a horny teenager who was looking for love and acceptance, I used to Internet to satisfy my needs. I would use my webcam and do things on cam for people, even though I was only 16. I later realized the consequences of such actions. I was blackmailed by that person. I didn't know what to do that I didn't tell anyone, and just listened to what the man told me to do. We later drifted apart and I don't know if he still has the pictures or not.

So in all honesty, why did I enjoy the rape/pet play fantasies? Rape and petplay roleplays are just that. Rleplays. Fantasies. It's not real. And you have control. You know it's going to happen. Personally, in all those roleplays I enjoyed them for two reasons. One, I was submitting and being told what to do. Since I always had control of everything, I wanted someone else to be in control. This was something I longed for, to be submissive and not have to be in control. The other half (mostly when I was younger) is that I had such low self esteem, that I had wished someone to actually take control of my life.

I'm going to expand on that last sentence. I already stated my self esteem was low. At that point in my life, I didn't want to live. If I wanted to live, I wanted it to be under someone's command and orders. I wouldn't need to think, and being a pet, I would be loved by a master. It, in it's way, was looking for love. The romanticizing loyalty. Psychologically, it was me wanting an easy way to live, by following someone blinding in exchange, to be taken care of. But I digress.

Why do I have such a horrible reaction to the rape incident? I have two possible explanations, one I really do agree with. Firstly, it could be repulsive because I was taught it was a repulsive thing. If you feed your mind something, it's bound to believe it. Therefore, it could have been a taught reaction. I don't know how much I believe this but... the other thing was that I had no control over the situation. There was no 'safety word', there was no stop, "No really, stop." it happened. It was forced upon me by some stranger I didn't know, who wanted to hurt me for no other reason than to hurt. I was truly helpless in that situation.

So why do I think women have these dark desires? I honestly believe they want to be dominated. I know I did. Perhaps, it's because society always had women in a second place, or subservient role (which we are trying to change). Maybe it's the want to be victim like a hentai where almost always it's rape. That sense of being overpowered. Look at the missionary position. The man is on top of the women, that's how we were technically built to mate. It could be something deep within us that seeks the need to be submissive. It could be how we were raised and that somehow subconsciously altered us (seriously look at all the hentai out there).

All I know is, everyone has a dark side. It's the ability to know the difference between fantasy and reality. I believe a lot of fantasies come out as an expression to go against the rules. Why do I say this? Well, it could be that all of us are partly a rebel deep inside. If someone said, "Don't do that." doesn't part of you want to do that act just because you were told not to? Look at fantasy things like having the ability to fly. Flying with wings or through other means defies our laws of how we were created. We were never built to fly, so wouldn't it be amazing if we could? Look at myths about dragons, those things couldn't possibly exist, these massive creatures that could breathe fire. Society is so fascinated by the unknown or impossible that it's left of to the imagination. I believe it's our desire to seek out these impossible things because we are curious creatures. We never know what it would be like to fly. But as long as we have control over what we want, we are happy.

Anyways, I'm done ranting, thank you all for listening and reading. :) I just wanted to put my two cents in.

-Kura

My answer is fairly short, simple but it makes sense to me:

It's true, fantasy rough sex/rape is something that I enjoy reading or seeing as a subject of cartoon porn. However, when I hear about something like this happening in real life, it makes me queasy and sick. I get thoroughly disgusted. This is how I know that the fantasy aspect of it is okay because one of those two things feels extremely wrong to me.

Another thing that makes me queasy, outside the realm of "bedroom talk", is slut-shaming! But that's a different thing altogether.

LadyYunaFFX2

Pulsar
Okay, so I have been looking at this thread for a long while. And every time I try to reply, I get too nervous to hit the "Submit" button. I guess because I'm uneasy about sounding ... odd (for a lack of a kind word to use). But .. whatever.

Tosses concerns out the window

A lot of what KuraTenshi said actually applies to me. I had my own case of being sexually assaulted when I was 13. For me, however, I suppose it's a psychological way of experiment and experiencing it without all the trauma that one would get if it happened to them for real. It's the short but sweetest explanation I can give. I just know that even before the word 'rape' was understood to me, I self-discovered BDSM, especially bondage. I'd tie my dolls up, stare at them, and try to picture myself in their spot. By then, I was .. 7 or 8. So I'm pretty sure that also had a factor somewhere along the lines, my curiosity for bondage.

Also like KuraTenshi and many others here, just because I RP rape out, it does not mean I feel good about it actually happening. In fact, it's the very opposite. But that's where the difference between remembering something is fake or real comes into play; at least I believe so.

Double checks post, nods

Should be most if not everything.

-LadyYunaFFX2

Ms_Muffintops

Supernova
I'm still curious how many are technically moreso into dominance and BDSM and not really rape. I think rape and BDSM should be kept separate as they are indeed different things. Rape by definition is the lack of consent, so in my mind the fantasy will never be rape, just a form of domination and perhaps a little degradation?

Your Eternal Reward

Super-Earth
On the dot, Muffin. Like I said, the 'fascination with rape' is really just a fascination with the situation of being vulnerable and helpless. The specifics differ from person to person, but essentially the idea is the same and does push more along the lines of BDSM than rape, because it isn't a genuinely non-con experience. So long as we don't suffer the genuine consequences of non-con sex, we're willing to entertain and enjoy the pretense of a one-sided sexual situation, or even one where one partner pretends to actively resist.

Rave

Star
In which case I honestly think there needs to be a firm and solid divide between 'Rape' RP and BDSM. The more I think about it, the more of an Oxi-Moron it is. It can't be rape RP if you're purposely leading your character to rape. That's like me leading a suicidal person to the edge of a cliff and when they jump, I yell "Oh no how could that have happened." It happened because I facilitated it to. So you see the ridiculousness of it all.

So in reality, what you're doing is just severe humiliation and derogation. Lets not mislabel this anymore.

KuraTenshi

Planetoid
Yes but BDSM and the entire acronym doesn't necessarily encircle the whole thing. I personally like BDSM and rape. Where I draw the line with rape is when it is a non con scene occurring. Sure, it could have been set up that my character was in the dark alleyway alone walking home from work. BAM there could be rape. I'd be okay with that situation. But I also enjoy BDSM which does encompass things like petplay.

I simply prefer noncon scenes which then lead to BDSM tendencies. So as a person it's more of a BDSM mentality compared to the want of rape. I don't know if that made any sense...but yeah.

Astarte

Planetoid
Again, I've been watching this thread for awhile and been hesitant to actually attempt to reply.

But first, I just have to say I actually find it really interesting to read things from the male perspective. Like, when Ivory stated that he had actually been pressured into doing them.

But on to the point, my own basis is very much like Kura's... only the tying up my dolls came first. I can remember being very young when I first started developing my fetishes and kinks. BDSM was one of the main ones that always came into play. And when I was twelve I was sexually assaulted. At seventeen, despite being in a relationship with the guy, I was actually raped. Read that is in a we were dating but it was an abusive relationship; I had horrible self-esteem and was young and dumb. It was one of those, when things were good... even though it was rare, it was great. Thinking I couldn't do better, I stayed in the relationship but had begun to see how volatile it was. Up until a certain point, I had gotten used to just saying yes. When I started saying no and standing up for myself, he didn't take the answer kindly.

And just to point out to Trygon, real rape is probably the farthest thing from arousing ever. I'm only speaking from my own experience here but my body shut down and gave no response at all. I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone but there is a difference between a body sometimes reacting to natural stimuli and biologically going along. But it doesn't always happen, which is one reason many people end up in the hospital afterwards. Even if your body gets aroused to a point, it often isn't enough so there is tearing.

Because of this, I'm sort of amazed and sickened by my own psyche actually wanting it to happen again, even if it is just through RP scenes where things are worked out in very great detail beforehand.

I also think a large draw to the non-con, is also being able to dabble in kinks that you're not outwardly comfortable with, but still interested in. This is just an example, but bestiality seems to be a large part of it. A person who goes into a non-con thread with bestiality involved still get to satisfy that kink without really acknowledging that they're actively allowing themselves to take part in it. For me, anal is my excuse. It isn't something I could see myself doing in real life, ever. So my consensual RPs, that same attitude sort of carries over... even in D/s or BDSM threads. And I'm actually realizing as I type this, that none of my consensual ERP threads have ever involved it. My non-con threads though... it happens a lot.

And also... in a way, a lot of the BDSM and D/s threads do have their roots in 'rape'. Personally, the term 'uppity sub' always bothered me. Because it implies either the sub pretneding to act in defiance for their Dom (which is essentially giving their consent) , or genuinely not wanting it but then eventually submitting. The definition of rape gives this: 1. the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse; 2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

Anyways, just my two cents and a couple of other possible reasons and points of view.

IronMaiden24

Super-Earth
My view...

As far as Rape-RP fetish goes... honestly, I dont understand that overvhelming desire for it on the part of most women 2 be dominated in that way(read some of the requests and I can see the patern). Indulging kinks is all wel and good, and rape-fetish is one of them, but being so obsesive about it is just perplexing 2 me. I'l do a rape-scene in my RPs, on both sides, but I'l do it only in context of fleshing-out the plot, and only vhen its made clear (vithin the RP) the act was not voluntary. Futher, I'l also exact some kind of revenge on the rapist, later in the RP (including vhen the rapist is my char, yes), and that revenge wuld be usually fatal, or at the very least memorable. In fact, that act of revenge on the rapist is for me the main reason of doing rape-scenes in the 1st place. Also agreed vith a point that BDSM has nothing 2 do vith rape. BDSM is consensual. Rape is not.

Being a feminist, I HATE rape in RL. Violently hate it. I knov vhat its like, I've been there, vhen I vas a teenager. More then once. And as terible as it was, it vas also a eye-opening experience 4 me, and motivated me in ways I never considered before, to change my mind-set, become strong, learn 2 defend myself, and never be seen as a victim by anyone again. Not 2 mention take revenge on those vho did that 2 me. Vhich I did.

Fact is, we humans, despyte all the trapings of civilized life, are stil ruled by instincts and urges, predatory or othervise. Rape is a form of predation, as much as it is a sexual desire. The desire to dominate another and asert one-self, over a "victim". If one is seen as "weak" and a victim, vhether physicaly or mentaly, one wil become the target of molesters/predators. Law of the stronger. Enter male ego/macho-insecurity/need 2 dominate into the mix, and most females reluctance 2 hurt someone even if that someone is thretening them, and its no suprise vhy most women tend to be seen as easy prey in that regard. Being confident/strong grants you respect. Being hesitant/vulnerable gets you the atention of predators, rapists included.

Aniway, thats my view on the topic.

Krimson

Super-Earth
My opinion on this might read differently since I never play the victims, always the rapists.

But, having said that, I do consider myself as having a firm grasp on what it is that my "victims" crave from the scene.

1. Loss of power/control. This is by far the most obvious, and most prominent kink. The whole conception of rape is having one's power and control over the scene stripped away. This is also a huge reason why rape is so taboo and hated (IRL, I despise it), because the rapist irreversible take something from the victim, that is, tempers with the free will and freedom to act that all humans were given. In my rp setting, this is less so - kinks are agreed upon prior to the act, so the writer does have some control over the situation, but in an immersion type situation, I do think the writer is interested in exploring the powerlessness that comes with rape.

Going along with this one, most victims like to be uppity, to resist, only to have that resistance quashed. There's something enticing about the lost of power in a fantasy.

2. Humiliation/degradation. Generally speaking accompanied by actions considered by the character to be dirty. Verbal abuse, or simply talking dirty, etc. Pretty self-explanatory. It's the feeling of being "violated" that's so attractive.

3. Extreme emotions. Negative, positive...simply stated rape lends itself to evoking greater feelings of terror or humiliation or any such prominent surface emotions than a consensual scene would. The drama is fun to write.

Rave

Star
I haven't checked back on this for a while, but I just gave it another look.

Astarte: Let me say that reading what you said has fascinated me. It is exactly why I'm having trouble dissolving all of this. For someone to have gone through these experiences, and know first hand just how shitty Rape and abuse can be, you are attracted to it mentally. That is fascinating, because most would detest the idea to no end and simply avoid it completely. Though you seem to enjoy vicariously re-living the rape through RP. It's also amazing that you yourself understand this, and realize something is off-putting about it, and yet it's still enjoyable to you. If I may make a presumption, you make it sound like you are quite attracted to things that you don't enjoy, which outside of BDSM, is a mind-boggling Oxi-Moron. All in all, this post was very fascinating, thank you for sharing.

Krimson: You're not wrong, but I seriously can't stand people who use the Loss of power/control as an excuse for Rape RP. There are a million and one ways for your character to lose control. BDSM coming up again here. Oftentimes it's an excuse to be lazy and let someone else do all the work, but it's still better than saying "I get my characters constantly raped because I don't want to be in control." Furthermore, no matter how stressed you yourself, or your character is, and as such are drawn to the idea of Rape, I tell you that it's not really a good excuse. That's like saying "Oh man, I'm really hyperactive so I'm going to go stab people to let out my energy." It's going to an un-needed extreme, so that excuse is utter bullshit.

So as it stands, I am still confused by this. I imagine I will be for a while.

Krimson

Super-Earth
Rave: There's a fundamental difference between BDSM and Rape, hence one is taboo, while the other is, correctly in my opinion, branded morally wrong. BDSM, in the real world, rely on trust above all else. Practitioners employ safe words and take other such precautions. The S in that case trust the D to push her/him to previously un-imagined heights, to relinquish control and power to the dominant. However, in rape, there is no such trust, no such willing relinquishing of control. In rape, that power and control is taken by force, driven home by humiliation. I would say the two are fundamentally different experiences. One is titillating, dirty even, but the other, the other is corrupt and wrong and a horrid fate I would wish upon nobody. However, that said, I would consider RP a safe way to explore rape fantasies. It's not an unusual fantasy, to be sure - I dabbled in psychology.

There's a big difference between "let the other person do all the work," and writing an engaging rp. The former is just someone being like, I want to type one sentence while you write me a story. The second is two authors exploring an interesting theme - in this case, rape - together.

That's just my two cents anyhow.

Top Bottom